Thread: The Reset Button Movement

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: The Reset Button Movement

Yes, Conchis, let's take the Elite out of governance.

Quote When citizens finally control elections...
    ...citizens will finally control governance.
    We have tried allowing the oligarchs and corporatists to rule (by proxy, from behind the curtain)...and we know it is a diaster.

... the one thing we have never tried is to actually have a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Dennis

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Frank V (24th January 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), Robin (14th January 2014), unearth9 (27th May 2014)

3. Link to Post #142
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm usually long-winded - this time I won't be:

I am asking each of you to go to The Reset Button Movement website and sign.
    No matter what country you're from, please sign it. Sign that you think it's a good idea for US citizens to have fair elections - not controlled by the Ruling Elite.

Your support is needed.

Thank you.

Dennis

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), Robin (16th January 2014)

5. Link to Post #143
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Dennis I just want you to know that your effort to develop this most enlightening Movement is greatly appreciated. I have looked over it in great detail, and it goes without saying that it is brilliant. Thank you for all of the time and energy you have put into developing these documents, my friend.

I am seeing many parallels with modern movements and the American Revolution. The spirit of 1776 is coming back, thanks to you and others.

So far I have seen:
    1. Stewart Rhodes and Oath Keepers taking the place of Samuel Adams and the Sons of Liberty.
    2. Ron Paul and his Campaign for Liberty taking the place of men like John Jay.
    3. The Tea Party Movement taking the place of the Boston Tea Party.
    4. And now Dennis Leahy taking the place of one of the greatest minds of all time: Thomas Paine and his famous work Common Sense.
    You are leading the revolution...and, yes, we are at the cusp of a world-wide revolution.

There is nothing in your documents that didn't address some of my concerns, except what the expectations may be. The Founders of the United States crafted a brilliant document, but did not abolish slavery right away. Even though they were mostly against slavery, it was difficult for them to abolish it right away due to slavery being such a key part of the economy of southern states.

That being said, I have a slight concern that the documents encompass such a great breadth of information and proposals will not be able to be accepted in their entirety. Folk like you and I and those on Avalon can tolerate this level of information, but the general public is not prone to making quick, large-scale changes. Baby steps seems to be the only true effective means to enter a new paradigm. Even though I think the Reset Button Movement is brilliant, you must also be aware that it will have to serve as a template for the new paradigm.

Further, I also think that such a detailed proposal is necessary at this point in time. I really do think that these documents will pave way for a new paradigm but setting the wheels into motion.

I have sent out the documents to over a hundred of my very good friends, and doubtless they will give it the attention that it deserves. I am confident that this will spread far and wide and will be a game-changer.

Please let me know if I could do anything specifically to assist in your endeavors, Dennis. Thanks once again!
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (16th January 2014), Gardener (14th February 2014), Inaiá (3rd February 2014), kfm27917 (2nd December 2019), Mike (18th January 2014)

7. Link to Post #144
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I'm usually long-winded - this time I won't be:

I am asking each of you to go to The Reset Button Movement website and sign.
    No matter what country you're from, please sign it. Sign that you think it's a good idea for US citizens to have fair elections - not controlled by the Ruling Elite.

Your support is needed.

Thank you.

Dennis

Whoever is reading this message, please go to The Reset Button website! You do not have an excuse to sit idly by and let something like this slip by without taking the time to read it and sign it. This is one of the most important documents that I have come across and doubtless will be integral for creating a better paradigm. Even if you are not from the United States, please sign and pass this on! The United States has its claws embedded in most nations, so please understand that by giving your support, you will ultimately be making a better world for everybody.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th January 2014), Inaiá (3rd February 2014), Joe Sustaire (1st January 2015), kirolak (19th January 2014), Mike (18th January 2014)

9. Link to Post #145
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)
    ... I have a slight concern that the documents encompass such a great breadth of information and proposals will not be able to be accepted in their entirety.
    I often think in allegories and metaphors, and the two that I see most strongly fitting this are the hen house and the row boat:

Imagine a hen house with nine doors, with a hungry fox outside. If the doors are closed sequentially, well, as long as there is an opening left, the fox will get in.

Imagine being in a rowboat with nine large holes drilled into the bottom. Unless and until all nine plugs are installed, the boat will sink.

There are a number of people/organizations that are addressing a subset (usually just 1) of the 9 ways that the Elite have gamed the system and control the electoral paradigm. Not one organization is addressing either of the 2 most powerful. If someone did address just those 2 ways that the Elite control elections, I'd say there might be a chance that citizens might end up in a position of self-governance ("a government of the people..."), but not any other subset. I also see the Elite as an adaptive, very intelligent gang, and would be extremely elusive if we tried to address the 9 ways sequentially, in baby steps. I would assume that more like cutting off one head of a hydra at a time, that trying to solve this sequentially would certainly end up involving more than 9 ways. They are very resourceful, have nearly infinite wealth, and would not just sit still and let us slowly address the 9 pathways.

It is said that the solution to eating an elephant is, "one bite at a time." However, it would not be very smart to try to eat a living tyrannosaurus rex one bite at a time. I'm convinced that we must take a comprehensive approach, take control of the electoral paradigm from the Elite, and then remain vigilant because they will not just accept their new lot in life.

...Please let me know if I could do anything specifically to assist in your endeavors, Dennis. Thanks once again!
    You are doing it, my friend, you are doing it. :~)

Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 17th January 2014 at 16:25. Reason: t-rex analogy only works if it is alive and can fight back

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Inaiá (3rd February 2014), Mike (18th January 2014), Robin (16th January 2014)

11. Link to Post #146
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dennis I just want you to know that your effort ...

I am seeing many parallels with modern movements and the American Revolution. The spirit of 1776 is coming back, thanks to you and others.

So far I have seen:
    1. ...
    2. And now Dennis Leahy taking the place of one of the greatest minds of all time: Thomas Paine and his famous work Common Sense.

You are leading the revolution...and, yes, we are at the cusp of a world-wide revolution.
    I just want to make sure that it is noted that I researched and cross-referenced many great minds, and that this work, The Reset Button document, is a synthesis of many people's ideas.

The reason it rings true in your heart is because it was born in our collective hearts.

Dennis

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Conchis (17th January 2014), Gardener (14th February 2014), Inaiá (3rd February 2014), kirolak (19th January 2014), Mike (18th January 2014), Robin (17th January 2014)

13. Link to Post #147
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Now, I'm specifically looking for non-US-citizens to sign The Reset Button.

US citizens are "signers"; non-US folks are "supporters." You sign as a "supporter", saying to the American (US citizen) people: "I encourage you and support you in getting fair elections!"

There are 7 billion people on this planet, 95% are not US citizens, but nearly 100% of the people on planet Earth are affected by the US government and US foreign policy. Trust me, the American citizens may seem to be predominantly fools, but we are not psychopaths.

Elite-aligned, corporatist puppets are sociopaths and psychopaths and "run" the US government for the psychopathic Elite. It is in the best interest of everyone on Earth (except the Elite and their supporters) to have US citizens take control of the US government.

You can provide support, motivation, (especially if there are more foreign signers than US signers) maybe even embarrass US citizens into actually trying to do something about the globalist Ruling Elite that use the US as their home base.

Please sign, here: http://www.resetbuttonmovement.org/S...esetButton.php

Thank you!

Dennis

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Eram (18th January 2014), Gardener (14th February 2014), Inaiá (3rd February 2014), Mike (18th January 2014), Reinhard (22nd February 2014), Robin (18th January 2014), Rufs (18th January 2014)

15. Link to Post #148
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Bump,,.......................................

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (18th January 2014), Reinhard (22nd February 2014), Robin (18th January 2014)

17. Link to Post #149
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

It disappoints me that this thread isn't more front n center.

This is a wonderful forum, but one thing has become abundantly clear to me recently: we are not doers. We are writers. We tend to hide behind words like "intention", which is really just a clever euphemism for doing nothing at all while pretending otherwise.

Intention can be great, but it requires follow thru, in the REAL WORLD. Read this document please. Sign it. Its going to take a little effort - sorry! - but its all entirely worth it. The aliens aren't going anywhere...you can read and post about them later. I promise.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (18th January 2014), Joe Sustaire (1st January 2015), kfm27917 (2nd December 2019), PurpleLama (30th January 2014), Robin (18th January 2014)

19. Link to Post #150
    Thanks

This should be on the front page of Avalon...in my opinion.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (18th January 2014), Gardener (14th February 2014), Joe Sustaire (1st January 2015), Mike (18th January 2014)

21. Link to Post #151
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This is a thread about The Reset Button. The Reset Button Document, and the start of The Reset Button Movement - which is to say that a document alone is not going to accomplish the goal. The goal is: ordinary US citizens actually in control of the US government. That is, a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. This will require removing from power the Elite (Financial Elite and Power Elite) that rule the US from behind the curtain, severing their connections to governance, cutting the strings to the puppets in the puppet government.

In spite of a beautiful fairy tale that US citizens have been told for over a century (and implied before then), the people of the United States do not have a government of the people, by the people, and for the people - and we never did. It was just words. The original "founding fathers" of the US were rich, white, male, landowners, many believed in slavery and were slave owners, most believed it was OK to steal land from indigenous tribal people ("Indians") and most participated in genocide. The original Constitution of the United States even spelled-out in ink that "free persons", not slaves or Indians, were even to be counted for representation. Indians (targets of genocide), Blacks/Africans (slaves), and women had few or no rights - certainly not the right to vote. The "founding fathers" put themselves on the ballot, and the precedent was set for the Elite to rule the United States.

It has gone downhill from there, or maybe it just stayed as bad. Some form of the Elite have remained in control of the US government over the entire history. What started out as oligarchical control has transmuted a bit into governance that might be described by any of the following: corporatocracy, plutocracy, kleptocracy, fascism, inverted totalitarianism. Take your pick. The one thing we can say with certainty is that the ordinary citizens in the US have no control over our governance. Elections are a sham, and the reason that is true is not what most people believe to be true. Most US citizens (even most political activists!) believe that the rich simply buy elections. That's only partially true - it's more sophisticated than that.

The Reset Button explores the different ways that the Elite stay in control of elections, and of course, being in total control of elections means that the Elite "embed" agents disguised as representatives of the people, and these Elite-aligned agents give complete control of US governance to the Elite. There are 9 ways the Elite control the electoral paradigm. If The Reset Button does nothing else other than to educate US citizens as to just exactly how the Elite stay in control, it will have accomplished something important. The 9 ways that the Elite control elections are explored in The Reset Button document.

US citizens are like battered housewives: cheat on us, lie to us, beat us, rape us... ...then give us a little kiss on the cheek and tell us your love us and will protect us from terrorists, and we will keep on cooking your dinner.

Will we battered housewives ever get fed up? Well, the US Congress approval rating has recently gone as low as 9% - meaning 91% of the citizens of the US do NOT approve of what our Mafia Don husband is doing. (The other 9% are outrageously ignorant, or are also sociopaths linked to the Elite through corporate investments in death and destruction, and want their stock portfolios to rise.) Certainly, there are sleeping people, and some are "sheep", but in reality, a lot of US citizens have awakened to the realization that there is a major disjoint between what is done by the US government, and the will of the people.

Most people know that elections are fixed, but they don't know how it is done. What happens when US citizens gain the knowledge of how the Elite maintain complete control of governance by maintaining complete control of the electoral paradigm? What happens when US citizens see that there is a way to non-violently gain control of our own governance by gaining control of the electoral paradigm?

Let's find out.

I'm not asking anyone to sharpen pitchforks or light torches. I'm asking everyone to share The Reset Button document with as many US citizens as possible. Knowledge is power.

Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 20th January 2014 at 14:04. Reason: typos...

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Christine (20th January 2014), Curt (20th January 2014), Gardener (14th February 2014), Joe Sustaire (1st January 2015), kfm27917 (2nd December 2019), Reinhard (22nd February 2014), Robin (20th January 2014)

23. Link to Post #152
    Ilie Pandia

Hello,

In order to keep this main thread focused I've moved a couple of posts on a different thread:

Debating issues with "The Reset Document"

As always, when you write your posts please consider the fact that each one of us has a unique perspective and may subscribe to different ideologies and in doing so we see different problems and different solutions. If you do not agree with something do not spend time there. It's much better to put your energy on things that you do find yourself in alignment with. This does not make you wrong or the other person wrong..., just different!

Carry on....

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (21st January 2014), Eram (21st January 2014), Gardener (14th February 2014), Jeffrey (21st January 2014), panopticon (8th March 2014), Robin (21st January 2014)

25. Link to Post #153
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am an anti-political activist.

Politics is bullsh!t. Politics is shenanigans. Politics is deal-making. Politics is cronyism. Politics is partisan loyalty. Politics is loyalty to donors. Politics is loyalty to special interests. Politics is collusion. Politics is betrayal of the public trust. Politics replaces integrity with corruption.

And, that's a best-case scenario. In the real-world, such as the US Congress, politics is pure theater. Scripted nonsense, a shadowboxing stage-show between faux rivals so that both flavors of corrupt bastards can wag some meaningless words at their "constituency", when necessary.

When all is said and done, lobbyists write or edit most bills that are passed into law by Congress. Partisan voters, as inebriated with intellect-blocking partisan loyalty as the shirtless drunks in football end zones, never shake-off the hangover to even ponder when the last piece of citizen-centric legislation was passed by Congress into law. The easily-fooled may cite some piece of legislation with a psychologically-charged, apparently citizen-centric title, but it is invariably Orwellian doublespeak for the corporate-centric text of the bill.

The drama of the political theater is so high that it (along with the mind-numbing partisanship itself) prevents a large segment of the US population from realizing that every single bill that has passed in at least 40 years has been corporate-centric. That's right, folks - way before Citizens United. Not to leave the impression that prior to 40 years ago was "the good old days" is US politics, the vast majority of bills passed into law by Congress have been pro-wealthy, pro-business and anti-citizen from the beginning (especially anti-citizen to those who are not wealthy, white, and male.)

No one who is informed should want "politics" in any form. What we need is non-partisan, transparent discussion, debate, and deliberation leading to citizen-centric legislation and dismantling corporate-centric legislation. No games, no dealmaking, no collusion, no bullsh!t. Does this sound like something that the Democrats and Republicans might be willing to do? Of course not - these partisans work for the Elite and the corporations they own. It will never get better as long as Congress is filled with corporatists, and it makes no difference if they are corporatist Democrats or corporatist Republicans.

Just imagine for one minute: Congress filled with ordinary citizens, vetted to have no corporate ties, and no political parties. US citizens represented by citizens. A government of, by, and for the people. (Even if you want the FORM of government changed, it would have to start by getting the corporatists out and citizens in.)

Dennis

p.s. Have a few more people who were "going to get around to it" - especially US citizens - actually read The Reset Button document yet?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Debra (3rd March 2014), Gardener (14th February 2014), Hawkwind (13th October 2015), mosquito (18th February 2014), ulli (3rd February 2014)

27. Link to Post #154
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Anyone in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) that might be available this coming Saturday, Feb. 15th, please consider attending the
    UNITING PEOPLE-BUILDING PROGRESSIVE POWER FORUM

I will be speaking at about 2:00, on The Reset Button Movement.

WHO: Uniting People. Various progressive organizers, activists, and community leaders.

WHAT: Honest, uncensored forum on progressive issues. (This event has not been endorsed by the DFL establishment).

* Food will be served. If you can contribute some food or a cash donation, that would be great. If that is difficult, for whatever reason, don't worry about it.

WHERE: 4200 Cedar Ave., Minneapolis MN

WHEN: Saturday, February 15th, 2014. 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.

-Dennis

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Gardener (14th February 2014)

29. Link to Post #155
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A reminder that I'll be in Minneapolis tomorrow, and would love to meet any Avalonians that are close enough to stop in. Details in previous post.

Dennis

30. Link to Post #156
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 times in 376 posts

Hi Dennis, I hope there is a big turnout/support. Hope someone can post some video on uTube or sorts.

Best regards... Gods speed....

31. Link to Post #157
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks, aviators. Supposedly, it will be recorded. Each presentation will be very short, because there are so many speakers, and because they want to give audience members as much "open mic" time as possible. So, it won't be in-depth, but rather an introduction.

If it is successfully recorded (so you can at least hear it), I'll post a link here when it is uploaded.

Dennis

32. Link to Post #158
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Dennis
    I signed.

God speed in the field of potential for good.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th February 2014), mosquito (18th February 2014)

34. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

I've been away for 5 weeks and just returned to the forum.

I'm astonished and not a little dismayed that this topic, the ONLY practical suggestion for initiating change that I've seen, is attracting so little positive attention.

Hope you had a good meeting at the weekend Dennis.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (18th February 2014)

36. Link to Post #160
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well, this is very stiff, and proves I'm no public speaker... but it is what I have to share, at this point.

I was invited to speak at Uniting People - Progressive Power Forum. I gave an intro to The Reset Button:

Source: Watch on Vimeo

I'm introduced at about 20:00, and start speaking at about 21:00...and go until 39:15 (so about 18 minutes, total)

Source: http://vimeo.com/album/2739033/video/87011605

Dennis

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

aviators (2nd March 2014), bruno dante (22nd February 2014), Gerald Paris (27th March 2014), Pweeky (22nd February 2014), Robin (22nd February 2014), Shikasta (22nd February 2014), swoods_blue (2nd March 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 8 14 LastLast