+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting Biblical look at 2012

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Default Interesting Biblical look at 2012

I love Pastor Murray, though per usual, I have my own thoughts which do not line up with his, but this video is quite interesting. I hope you can allow yourselves to watch this with an open mind and not just bash it outright because it's the dreaded bible.

It would be interesting to talk about video and looking at the meanings of the symbols.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

Default Re: Interesting Biblical look at 2012

As interested as I am about the connection between the Bible and 2012, I just can't do over an hour of a Christian sermon. Could you summarise the info? Or perhaps the symbols that you want to talk about?
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,240 times in 914 posts

Will see it later but it seem like people are gathering in spirit to overcome transitions of Earth life experience which became extremely tough to bear for many.
    Love, love - and see what happens

4. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

I also cannot watch a one-hour sermon from a pulpit, but as for the Bible, I've "rediscovered" its value as a book of prophecies. The key is not to take it literally, but as a book of astrology, esoteric kabbalah, and alchemy. Not as a history book or divine revelation from "God", but a collection of ancient divine metaphysical wisdom/knowledge written by adepts who didn't necessarily have the best interests of the masses in mind, but through it they would be able to clearly instruct and enlighten the initiates who understood the esoteric symbolism.

As it turns out, the Bible contains all the truth one needs, but reading it literally makes one a deluded, fearful, judgmental paranoid-schizophrenic Pharisee, in my opinion.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

kathymarie (23rd April 2012), KiwiElf (27th April 2012), noprophet (21st April 2012), sdv (21st April 2012), tcjim1 (1st May 2012), The Truth Is In There (21st April 2012)

6. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

The message given is clear. Be a watcher and have no fear. What we are watching for is the great deceiver so we can call him out for what he is, doing so with the power of light. The darkness will only fade through the glow of our individaul candles within. Look at the Creators gifts for the spirit of goodness within as we are all one within the same. IMHO

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

Cartomancer (22nd April 2012), CdnSirian (29th April 2012), kathymarie (23rd April 2012), mojo (21st April 2012), nearing (22nd April 2012), Unified Serenity (21st April 2012)

8. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Prodigal Son (here)

As it turns out, the Bible contains all the truth one needs, but reading it literally makes one a deluded, fearful, judgmental paranoid-schizophrenic Pharisee, in my opinion.
    Now, was that really necessary to call names? It's really disappointing that not only is it obvious how you feel, but that you state you can't do what my OP asks, and then you feel the need to denigrate. There is an ignore button and the ability to just avoid topics. Why is there this need to put down others? So many love and light people talk about tolerance and oneness and truth, and yet if it's a subject they don't like, it's ok to vent and ridicule.

I cannot summarize an hour long bible study (it's not a sermon, but an in depth look at various passages as they apply to our current time based on knowing the parable of the fig tree). Pastor Murray actually cuts to the chase pretty quickly, but if you don't like bible reading then don't participate. There is no need to denigrate those who find value in it. And we wonder why the world is so fully of mean spirited people.

Let's try to not derail the topic please. If you watch the OP and find value great, I'd love to hear it. If you have observations about it that might bring something else up interesting, great. But if you can't even watch it, please don't join in the discussion, I really don't want to hear anyone pontificating about their views on a topic which they state their ignorance by not even watching the video. The topic is about the video, so if you can't watch it then you have nothing to contribute of any worth.
    Last edited by Unified Serenity; 21st April 2012 at 14:45.

9. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)

Now, was that really necessary to call names? It's really disappointing that not only is it obvious how you feel, but that you state you can't do what my OP asks, and then you feel the need to denigrate. There is an ignore button and the ability to just avoid topics. Why is there this need to put down others? So many love and light people talk about tolerance and oneness and truth, and yet if it's a subject they don't like, it's ok to vent and ridicule.

I cannot summarize an hour long bible study (it's not a sermon, but an in depth look at various passages as they apply to our current time based on knowing the parable of the fig tree). Pastor Murray actually cuts to the chase pretty quickly, but if you don't like bible reading then don't participate. There is no need to denigrate those who find value in it. And we wonder why the world is so fully of mean spirited people.

Let's try to not derail the topic please. If you watch the OP and find value great, I'd love to hear it. If you have observations about it that might bring something else up interesting, great. But if you can't even watch it, please don't join in the discussion, I really don't want to hear anyone pontificating about their views on a topic which they state their ignorance by not even watching the video. The topic is about the video, so if you can't watch it then you have nothing to contribute of any worth.
    US your reply is showing the glow of your light. It is what it is and use it often and wisely.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

blufire (23rd April 2012), kathymarie (23rd April 2012), KiwiElf (27th April 2012), Prayer Warrior (27th April 2012), Unified Serenity (21st April 2012)

11. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Retired Member Khaleesi's Avatar
    Thanks

To those that can not watch a one hour video: You wish to have an informed discussion on a subject that you 'can not' or 'will not' watch a one hour video? Really? How can you discuss the material if you have not studied it? Let me give another example. If you were a member of a book club and were told a certain book was going to be discussed in two weeks, would you ask someone to summarize the book for you and then try to have an intelligent discussion on the book? A book you never read? Give an intelligent opinion on something you did not read for yourself? People can sit through a two hour movie because it's entertaining but can not watch a one hour video discussing the Bible. I find this interesting.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Khaleesi For This Post:

Beren (22nd April 2012), Eram (21st April 2012), kathymarie (23rd April 2012), KiwiElf (27th April 2012), Krullenjongen (23rd April 2012), spiritguide (23rd April 2012)

13. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

Thanks for the post US i will download the video and watch tonight.

I also cannot watch a one-hour sermon from a pulpit, but as for the Bible, I've "rediscovered" its value as a book of prophecies. The key is not to take it literally,
    As it turns out, the Bible contains all the truth one needs,
    The key is that the bible as we have now has not been written "literally" The version we have has been translated with personal interpretations which take us away from the original literal scripture.

Yes the bible contains many truths and many lies. misinterpretated truths, Truths that should be there were either taken out or left out. Luckily as mentioned in the bible, not all things were written at that time, but to be revealed at a later time. still a fasinating book when read with great discernment.

peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Cartomancer (23rd April 2012), kathymarie (23rd April 2012), Unified Serenity (27th April 2012)

15. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,240 times in 914 posts

I`ve seen this type of sermons before and they all bear the same vibe.
    They are using the language of judgement of God in mid east countries of today, they are condemning USA as modern Babylon while in the same time praising God for destroying the mid east nations (by the very USA actions) ...also there is always the iconography of US flag ,older man or younger in suit and tie looking like businessman preaching you a word of God ...

Whole this stinks by my opinion BUT some things can be learned here definitely.
    Judgement is coming but we are the cause of it.
    In fact it`s really not a judgement but fulfillment of our desires and causes during history. It`s a build up of our fallen consciousness.

Some perceive this as judgement of God and so be it-judgement of God.
    Really Christ said that our thoughts are the causes of all.
    We better learn this or we will find our self in the midst of a hailstorm without realization that we created it.

But as usual, we`ll blame God for everything...or Bible or any other stuff ...
    Love, love - and see what happens

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

CdnSirian (29th April 2012), Eram (22nd April 2012), greybeard (22nd April 2012), Prayer Warrior (27th April 2012), Unified Serenity (22nd April 2012)

17. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

I can't. Anything that has "bible" and "pastor" in it, I just can't. I'm not suggesting that there is no truth to it, as that would be absurd, having not listened to it. I'm just saying I like Unified Serenity and do read her posts, so I hope it's okay to say "no thanks" in her thread.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Cartomancer (22nd April 2012), Khaleesi (22nd April 2012), mosquito (24th April 2012), Unified Serenity (22nd April 2012)

19. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

There is some good information from a Jewish perspective concerning this as well. It looks as if though people are trying to make the book of revelations come true. My concept of such matters was that they occurred organically via no manipulation and planning. That view is starting to seem kind of Naive considering the information that has been revealed about the fig tree etc. Here's a vid about the sycamore tree (interpreted as the fig tree) that was replanted after 911. The destroyed tree was made into a sculpture. For more search 911 Harbinger.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

Unified Serenity (27th April 2012)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

Ok, I am convinced. I'll put it on my list of videos to watch. I am reassured by your opinions (those that say it is worth getting past the sermon stuff and watching) and thank you for them.
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

Cartomancer (23rd April 2012), Khaleesi (23rd April 2012), Unified Serenity (27th April 2012)

23. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member kathymarie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 times in 240 posts

Book of Revelation, folks, not "revelations"....just one...the Revelation of St. John of Jesus Christ.....just saying.....
    [FONT="Impact"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]kathymarie

The mind is like a parachute--it works best when open.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kathymarie For This Post:

KiwiElf (27th April 2012), Unified Serenity (27th April 2012)

25. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member kathymarie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 times in 240 posts

Thank you, U.S......I'll admit I've seen this guy, and Shepherd's Chapel in the early morning hours on television and ALWAYS change the channel....I expected, wrongly so, that by his appearance and demeanor I would hear the same old same old....what a surprise by listening to this video....I agree that I do not agree with everything he says but still find enough of value to consider his words. I grew up in church, was church pianist from an early age, attended 2 years of seminary before transferring to a University, felt I had a "call" upon my life....lived each day under the "blood" so to speak. About 12 years ago I had an awakening....I'm not sure if from a dream or a nightmare....anyway....my faith was shattered and I disbelieved nearly everything I had held as sacred. So the last 10 years or so I've felt angry and disillusioned that so much of my life was wasted. The last two years I've tried to make some kind of peace with "why"....still working on that one. Having said all that....I believe there are truths in the Bible but are hidden, whether by design or accident I do not know, that tell a version of our true history as humans. Those truths have been altered in order to manipulate us....for example, in the Book of REVELATION.... just had to get that one in....regarding "war in heaven"....most think it's a future event....but I believe while it may be it more likely speaks of a past event....one that has shaped our history on this planet. 'nuff said....thanks again...
    [FONT="Impact"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]kathymarie

The mind is like a parachute--it works best when open.

26. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Hello KathyMarie,

Thank you for your experience and sharing. Well, we know there was a war in heaven from Ecclesiastes. We know a third fell, a tenth stood by God's side and the rest, well they went fishing for the day. The tenth are known as the zadok or zedokim which means righteous ones. I am a hard person to talk bible with because I do not go by any typical standard doctrines per say, but I have a very strong faith in Yeshua / Jesus and the gift of salvation through faith. I post some interesting articles occasionally as well as videos. I am happy to talk with you some if you would like. I see a very positive future for us because each soul is so loved by God that the truth will be revealed very soon for all to see and know. We will have a time of great peace and healing, but not before the end game is played out, and we are right there at the final bell!

I think the bible tells us everything really, but most of us don't really study it line by line, precept upon precept. We have been hurt by Christians, Churches, experiences and often blame God or we get lied to and told absolute fables that sound so true. I had that problem with Zeitgeist but I kept digging and I finally found out the truth about all these so called Messiah stores about Horus and other "gods" that virtually mimicked the exact story of Jesus / Yeshua. The movie said they had been told thousands of years before Jesus came. Well, sadly, that is not the truth, many have been deceived by Zeitgeist. The earliest known writing or proof of such stories are 120 A.D. and 150 A.D..

The truth is all that matters. I have no sacred cows, but I do have beliefs. I will put any beliefs up to the challenge of truth if information is shared. I have just found out recently to my satisfaction somethings that troubled me in the Old Testament had good reason for being that way. It caused me to stumble some as well, but I am very limited in understanding compared to the wisdom of God and always ask for understanding and wait for it to be revealed, and so far it has. For me, the foundation of truth is what matters. There is a divine master plan that started in the prior earth age. Lucifer got it going very quickly in this age, and we were corrupted very fast. That corruption causes us to do terrible things, think terrible things, and act in unloving ways. It is only by the heart of flesh tender to the sacred as innocent as a child that we can begin to walk in the true path of love. Many are called but few are chosen. Few want to hear truth today. Fewer still upon hearing will embrace it no matter the painful revelation. I hope you find your path in peace and joy.

+ Reply to Thread