+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Still Drinking Coca Cola? Watch this

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Default Still Drinking Coca Cola? Watch this

This should finally make people reconsider drinking Coke.
    Ewwwww!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Art (26th April 2012), crosby (21st April 2012), Eram (21st April 2012), Fred Steeves (26th April 2012), GlassSteagallfan (25th April 2012), Holly Lindin (21st April 2012), Jeffrey (26th April 2012), kanishk (26th April 2012), PHARAOH (23rd April 2012), pugwash84 (22nd April 2012), Rogerc (2nd May 2012), Sesan (24th April 2012), Unicorn (21st April 2012), WhiteFeather (22nd April 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,799 times in 2,667 posts

Default Re: Still Drinking Coca Cola? Watch this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...ola-a-day.html
    Mother died after drinking 18 pints of Coca-Cola a day....
    what can I say to this....? TRAGIC!

Avid
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (22nd April 2012), sandy (21st April 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 times in 355 posts

I got a summer job as a lab tech at Coca-Cola years ago when I was going to school. I had to taste the syrup before it was to be mixed with water and CO2. It was disgusting. I kid you not but I have not tasted the stuff since 1998. We also had to test Gingerale, which tasted much better, but it's loaded with sugar. I prefer filtered water these days.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cilka For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (22nd April 2012), sandy (21st April 2012), transitionalman (26th April 2012), Unified Serenity (21st April 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

And diet coke is even worse. Look into what Dr Baylock has to say about aspertame and how it affects the cells. Susanne Somers interviews him in her book Breakthrough.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Ariel (24th April 2012), blufire (25th April 2012), Earth Angel (21st April 2012), Holly Lindin (21st April 2012), Maia Gabrial (22nd April 2012), Unified Serenity (21st April 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

If you are going to drink soft drinks use a straw to help protect your teeth. The new drinks like "Monster" really eat your teeth if you don't use a straw and for heaven's sake don't swish it around your mouth. It's also best to rinse your mouth with water when you finish a sugary drink.

Energy Drinks Are 10 Times Worse For Teeth Than Colas

The high-caffeine, high-sugar beverages that some teens gulp like water are three to 10 times worse for your teeth than colas, according to a study published in dental journal General Dentistry.

A professor at the University of Maryland Baltimore Dental School soaked teeth in energy drinks, fitness water, sports drinks and other beverages for 14 days, measuring the decay. According to reports in General Dentistry and other trade publications, lemonade and energy drinks did the most damage to teeth.
    The study examined the acidity levels of five popular beverages on the market. The results proved that popular “high energy” and sports drinks had the highest mean buffering capacity, resulting in the strongest potential for erosion of enamel.
    The professor, Dr. Anthony von Fraunhofer, found that those drinks contain high levels of acids that can destroy tooth enamel.
    Drink manufacturers put acid into beverages to balance the sweetness of the sugar. A can of Coke includes 10 teaspoons of sugar. Put that much sugar in a cup of coffee, and “you’d be gagging,” it would be so sweet. The acid makes it palatable.

A low pH level means high acidity, and a high level means the acidity is low. A pH below 4 is enough to dissolve teeth, and all the energy drinks tested at UAB had levels of 3.3 or lower. Some sports drinks, including Powerade and Gatorade, were even worse. Wine also scored poorly, with pHs in the 3s.

Tips To Save Your Teeth Enamel From Energy Drinks
    • Use a straw positioned at the back of the mouth so that the liquid avoids
      the teeth
    • Rinse the mouth with water after drinking acidic beverages
    • Limit the intake of sodas, sports drinks and energy drinks
    http://worldental.org/nutrition/ener...bad-teeth/241/

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Nasty stuff. I know of people that clean their jewellery in Coke. I can just imagine what it does to your insides. Thankfully I never liked the stuff. As a kid I hated the gassiness and couldn't drink it. Phew!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Conaire For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (22nd April 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

On the other hand, vinegar does exactly the same thing.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

DeBron (25th April 2012), Fred Steeves (26th April 2012), haibane (25th April 2012), Maia Gabrial (22nd April 2012), PurpleLama (25th April 2012), Rogerc (2nd May 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Also, the carbonation isn't good either.... Years ago, there was a guy interviewed on tv who put the carbonation into the drinks; and he said that since he knew what it was, he'd never touch the stuff....

There used to be an aspartame.com that listed some 90 major illnesses attributed to aspartame, but I couldn't find it. However, there is a site that shows some of the things attributed to it....
    http://www.lifenatural.com/aspartame.htm

Snopes.com says that it's a great ant poison...! And if I'm not mistaken, it's made from some type of bug sh*t.... Sucralose is another insecticide....600 times stronger than sugar, though....

One thing I did notice is how the so-called experts and scientists claim it's harmless now.... How does something go from dangerous to harmless? Because some bought-off person said so????

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Seikou-Kishi (24th April 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

...I agree with it all...and understand the implications....
    but for my average Rhum (not top of the line) coke is a fantastic mix.
    I will never stop having rum & coke... its just that good...the same goes for my coffee...

I don't pretend to offend anybody...or undermind the seriouseness of the topic.
    Moz

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moz For This Post:

Fred Steeves (26th April 2012), Maia Gabrial (24th April 2012), shakey (20th June 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Quote Posted by Moz (here)
    ...I agree with it all...and understand the implications....
    but for my average Rhum (not top of the line) coke is a fantastic mix.
    I will never stop having rum & coke... its just that good...the same goes for my coffee...

I don't pretend to offend anybody...or undermind the seriouseness of the topic.
    Moz
    I don't think you can offend anybody by saying you like a rum and coke

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Fred Steeves (26th April 2012), Maia Gabrial (24th April 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

Coke can be used in place of Liquid Plumber also.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

Davy (25th April 2012), Fred Steeves (26th April 2012), Maia Gabrial (25th April 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I gotta have my can (not bottle) of coke with dinner.
    Working in construction, it is the only thing that clears my throat and further down of the crud that built up there all day long. Not even beer works as good. And no other soft drink does the job like coke, especially not pepsi. Ginger ale is a good alternative. And yes I swish my mouth out with a glass of water after dinner, of course.

Great for hangovers too - with no known substitute.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (25th April 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    England Avalon Member SKIBADABOMSKI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,518 times in 458 posts

And on that note I'm off to the 7/11 to get me some coke and a red bull. I use a pint glass and fill it with ice and add my demonic mix.

I only do this once a week and I look forward to it.

Yes I was hooked on coke for some time but I was using it as a substitute for alcohol as I was a crazed alcoholic that would wake up shivering with hot sweats and wouldn't relax until I'd drank some alcohol. Even if it was 4am. I was in a bad state and when I quit I bought 20 bottles of 2 liter coke and guzzled that stuff down with sleeping pills. It got me through detox and that was errm.... several years ago and I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since.

My next step was to stop drinking coke as that was my main beverage and I found it depressing. I was drinking it all day. I was like a roller coaster and didn't eat well. But quitting coke... that was easy. So I understand the dangers of coke but I have a little thing inside me that says "thanks" as it really did help.

This red bull and coke mix that I have is just when everyone else is drinking and I also want to lift up a tad. I can only handle one a week though.

I guess too much of anything is bad for you.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SKIBADABOMSKI For This Post:

Davy (25th April 2012), Ernie Nemeth (25th April 2012), Fred Steeves (26th April 2012), Maia Gabrial (25th April 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 times in 472 posts

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...ola-a-day.html
    Mother died after drinking 18 pints of Coca-Cola a day....
    what can I say to this....? TRAGIC!

Avid
    That is a pretty vague article, there is a multitude of variables involved, just cause she did this one thing each day absent of moderation doesnt mean it was the cause of her demise, it could very well be the cause, but without further investigating its dangerous to quickly jump to conclusions like that, almost as dangerous as coka cola.

I really do not enjoy soda, or most sugary beverages, I do enjoy a coke or pepsi once or twice a year tho.
    Last edited by toad; 25th April 2012 at 11:57.
    The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
    -- Maureen Dowd --

27. Link to Post #15
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

1 can of coke/pepsi etc, requires 10 glases of water to alkalise,where is the water coming from if you dont put it in, its taken from the bodys stores,what happens when there is nothing in storage,the body removes calcium from teeth and bones to balance the blood ph, enter joint,lower back pain. ph,,plaque is produced to protect the arteries,diminishing blood flow(high blood pressure), cholesteral grows close to the heart to protect arteries as there is no vitamine c to do the job, aspartame in diet drinks is there for one reason and one reason only to destroy the seratone in the brain,you will add the ingrediants required to trigger reactions, acid kills healthy cells, candidas job is to clean them up, dumping more acid as it grows, at this point the body is permenantly acidic and it doesnt matter what you put in,if it is below a ph of 7.365 it needs to be alkalised and the process continues slowly and silently just a few good thing about coke etc,i found out the hard way

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fathertedsmate For This Post:

ExHaLaTiON (1st May 2012), Kendall (30th April 2012), Maia Gabrial (25th April 2012)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

My bones are solid as a rock. I haven't been sick at all in more than five years. Don't ever intend to get sick again. But I do get aweful thirsty from my work. Coffee also requires a great deal of water to balance the ph I believe.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

For those of you who enjoy a sweet carbonated drink, I encourage you to try Zevia. It is sweetened with Stevia. I am a diabetic and can drink as much as I like without an increase in blood sugar. It comes in many flavors and I recommend the black cherry.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote I gotta have my can (not bottle) of coke with dinner.
    Working in construction, it is the only thing that clears my throat and further down of the crud that built up there all day long. Not even beer works as good. And no other soft drink does the job like coke, especially not pepsi. Ginger ale is a good alternative. And yes I swish my mouth out with a glass of water after dinner, of course.

Great for hangovers too - with no known substitute.
    Double whammie, Ernie. Studies show that aluminium is associated with Alzheimers....

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

That's funny Maia. I love working with aluminum. Many of my projects see me sawing and filing tubes andstruts of the stuff. At work not so much. I've wondered it was bad for me but I do not think in terms of bodily issues as a primary focus. I believe this is what keeps me safe. I do what feels right. Not to say I am right only that this seems to work for me. Especially in terms of such diseases. I know I will never get alzheimers or parkinsons or any other debilitating illness because that is not my lessons here on earth this time around. My mind is a steel trap.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (26th April 2012)

36. Link to Post #20
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

keep drinking coke and working with aluminium ernie, your time on earth will be a lot shorter than planned,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast