+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peace Pilgrim

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 times in 822 posts

Default Peace Pilgrim

The audio is out of sync, might even be in another dimension.
    Perhaps that's why the message is so strong..

This is a powerful documentary about an extraordinary woman. At age 44, Mildred Norman left her life circumstances and became Peace Pilgrim -- walking coast to coast for peace for nearly 30 years, living on faith and sharing her wisdom and exhuberance generously with people across the land. This 60-minute documentary is a poetic and musical exploration of her life and message, which is as relevant today as ever. Also included are interviews with Dalai Lama, Maya Angelou, John Robbins, Elizabeth Kubler Ross, and many of Peace Pilgrim's friends, admirers, and relatives, along with newsreel footage from the 1950's, 1960's, and 1970's, when Peace was on her walk for peace. The video is narrated by Reverend Michael Beckwith.

This video was scripted and edited by Sharon Janis (Kumuda) of Night Lotus Productions, using materials that had been filmed and gathered over two decades.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to <8> For This Post:

aoibhghaire (31st July 2017), DebJoy (31st July 2017), Nickolai (26th April 2012), Pam (30th July 2017), PHARAOH (27th April 2012), sdv (26th April 2012), spiritguide (26th April 2012), StandingWave (31st July 2017), wynderer (26th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

Default Re: Peace Pilgrim

I have her book and have read it several times. She, her story,is very inspiring. A wonderful life, a wonderful story. So much to contemplate about, how she lived, what she did. It blew me away!! Imagine, doing what she did!! I have, and it makes her story even more amazing.!!!

I did not know this audio existed! I will listen to it tomorrow when I have time. Thank for posting it.
    Last edited by Carmen; 26th April 2012 at 08:34.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

<8> (26th April 2012), Pam (30th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

If you want to learn about enlightenment, learn what she knew, study what she did.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Truth personified, what more can one say.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thank you for this thread.

I have recently been inspired to re-read her book. http://www.peacepilgrim.org/FoPP/htm/book.htm Powerful messages from a truly spiritually focused visionary. And she did this for 28 years! For example, I'm surprised at her physical stamina - as she puts it, she was walking on that endless energy that comes from inner peace. Highly recommend!

Lately I've been compelled to read this book, look further into Ho'ho'ponopono (Hawaiian practice of "I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.") which is also oriented towards inner peace, and be very very quiet.

Here's a quote from page 110 of her book:

<start quote>
    The Price of Peace

We seem always ready to pay the price for war. Almost gladly we give our time and our treasure - our limbs and even our lives - for war. But we expect to get peace for nothing. We expect to be able to flagrantly disobey God's laws and get peace as a result. Well, we won't get peace for nothing - and we won't get peace by disobeying the laws of God. We'll get peace only when we are willing to pay the price of peace. And to a world drunk with power, corrupted by greed, deluded by false prophets, the price of peace may seem high indeed. For the price of peace is obedience to the higher laws: evil can only be overcome by good and hatred by love, only a good means can attain a good end.

The price of peace is to abandon fear and replace it with faith - faith that if we obey God's laws we will receive God's blessings. The price of peace is to abandon hate and allow love to reign supreme in our hearts - love for all our fellow human beings over the world. The price of peace is to abandon arrogance and replace it with repentance and humility, remembering that the way of peace is the way of love. The price of peace is to abandon greed and replace it with giving, so that none will be spiritually injured by having more than they need while others in the world still have less than they need.

<end quote>
    Last edited by DebJoy; 31st July 2017 at 03:11.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DebJoy For This Post:

Blacklight43 (30th July 2017), Pam (30th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

I look at people "following" scammers like Corey Goode with little to no integrity and it saddens me that truly enlightened beings that have lived lives of immense integrity go mostly unheeded. Carmen, you are so right. This was a woman that mastered the lessons of life and we have documentation of what she said and what she did. I too have read the book many times and always get something new, or her message takes on a new and deeper meaning to me. She was able to walk across the continent multiple times in nothing more than KED type tennis shoes, pant and a smock. Even the most evil recognized her purity and could do nothing to harm her even if their original intentions were to do so.

Peace Pilgrim, Lester Levenson and Paramahansa Yogananda are 3 people that came to an understanding of what we can be and actually achieved it. I am so grateful that there are written accounts of their lives that we can read to guide us if we want to go in their direction.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

DebJoy (31st July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

What a treat to view this one-hour-long video this evening. So inspiring. Thank you for sharing <8> - it made my weekend! Blessings and Peace - DebJoy

Quote Posted by <8> (here)
    The audio is out of sync, might even be in another dimension.
    Perhaps that's why the message is so strong..

This is a powerful documentary about an extraordinary woman. At age 44, Mildred Norman left her life circumstances and became Peace Pilgrim -- walking coast to coast for peace for nearly 30 years, living on faith and sharing her wisdom and exhuberance generously with people across the land. This 60-minute documentary is a poetic and musical exploration of her life and message, which is as relevant today as ever. Also included are interviews with Dalai Lama, Maya Angelou, John Robbins, Elizabeth Kubler Ross, and many of Peace Pilgrim's friends, admirers, and relatives, along with newsreel footage from the 1950's, 1960's, and 1970's, when Peace was on her walk for peace. The video is narrated by Reverend Michael Beckwith.

This video was scripted and edited by Sharon Janis (Kumuda) of Night Lotus Productions, using materials that had been filmed and gathered over two decades.

+ Reply to Thread