+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Report that USA rejoined International Criminal Court

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 312 posts

Default Report that USA rejoined International Criminal Court

just found this. I think it's very important. what do you think?

Obama Rejoins ICC, US No Longer “Rogue” State
    Posted on May 3, 2012
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 | Posted by Gordon Duff
    Veterans Today

I think this is HUGE. It means that the criminals in our country, all of them, are subject to arrest and trial at The International Court in the Hague! They now have no place to hide. This also gives me hope that Obama may be wearing two hats. I hope so, but we must still wait to see; however, I can’t imagine him easily signing his own death warrant, can you?

JUSTICE, AMERICA? DOES OBAMA REALLY MEAN IT?

American War Criminals Now Subject To Laws US Enforces on Others

By Gordon Duff, Senior Editor

In a surprise move, President Obama signed an executive order rejoining the International Criminal Court, an organization established originally by the United State to enforce international law and punish war criminals.

The US left the court under Bush in order to protect those responsible for kidnapping, drug running and torture. They may now be arrested, even if American office holders or members of the military or CIA, which, oddly enough, many of those responsible for such heinous crimes are.

Almost all facing prosecution are, curiously enough, members of the Republican Party and are trying to spin a return to freedom and justice as America giving up rights. The only right sacrificed are the rights some of the 1% and key officials had to murder, rape, steal and run drugs.

They may now be arrested under the same laws that applied to Gaddafi, Saddam and other “war criminals” that America has seen fit to bring to justice.

A careful read of one of the trickiest documents I have ever seen limits arrests of US elected officials as long as they are in office. Language protecting the military is less clear if not clear at all.

In doing so, Obama even puts himself at risk but the risk is far higher to Ashcroft, Gonzales, McCain, Lieberman, Bush (all), Cheney and a list of war criminals who may number in the thousands.

As to how far the ICC is willing to go is questionable. The organization tends to arrest only those of dark skin or targets of American foreign policy.

Perhaps that will change with the Arab Spring and elections in Europe which has gotten rid of some and may eventually remove nearly all the old leaders, most of whom are potential suspects in war crimes.

When we see Interpol put the cuffs on McCain and Lieberman and “perp walk” them out of the Senate, we will know we may get America back.

Related articles

What’s fair for the war-criminal goose (economist.com)
    War Criminal Obama again threatens unlawful war with Iran: who will arrest him? (washingtonsblog.com)
    United Nations Compiles Syrian War Criminal List It Can’t Enforce (theatlanticwire.com)
    What is the International Criminal Court (ICC)? Ask Doc Bonn (docbonn.wordpress.com)

===

[Mod-edits:

The following thread is the result of merging three separate threads on this topic.

See also a fourth thread that I did not merge: ICC for Dummies (Int'l Criminal Court), describing the International Court of Justice at The Hague (ICC).

See in particular Post #31, below, which casts doubt on whether any such Executive Order to rejoin the ICC was actually signed by Obama.
    - Paul. ]
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 12th May 2012 at 20:39.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Post:

araucaria (4th May 2012), christian (4th May 2012), Paladin14 (7th May 2012), sdv (4th May 2012), spiritguide (5th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Default Re: USA back into the fold?

Yes, the US is still controlled by TPTW.

4. Link to Post #3
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by Pete (here)
    just found this. I think it's very important. what do you think?

Obama Rejoins ICC, US No Longer “Rogue” State
    Posted on May 3, 2012
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 | Posted by Gordon Duff
    Veterans Today

I think this is HUGE. It means that the criminals in our country, all of them, are subject to arrest and trial at The International Court in the Hague! They now have no place to hide. This also gives me hope that Obama may be wearing two hats. I hope so, but we must still wait to see; however, I can’t imagine him easily signing his own death warrant, can you?

JUSTICE, AMERICA? DOES OBAMA REALLY MEAN IT?

By Gordon Duff, Senior Editor

In a surprise move, President Obama signed an executive order rejoining the International Criminal Court, an organization established originally by the United State to enforce international law and punish war criminals.

The US left the court under Bush in order to protect those responsible for kidnapping, drug running and torture. They may now be arrested, even if American office holders or members of the military or CIA, which, oddly enough, many of those responsible for such heinous crimes are.

Almost all facing prosecution are, curiously enough, members of the Republican Party and are trying to spin a return to freedom and justice as America giving up rights. The only right sacrificed are the rights some of the 1% and key officials had to murder, rape, steal and run drugs.

They may now be arrested under the same laws that applied to Gaddafi, Saddam and other “war criminals” that America has seen fit to bring to justice.

A careful read of one of the trickiest documents I have ever seen limits arrests of US elected officials as long as they are in office. Language protecting the military is less clear if not clear at all.

In doing so, Obama even puts himself at risk but the risk is far higher to Ashcroft, Gonzales, McCain, Lieberman, Bush (all), Cheney and a list of war criminals who may number in the thousands.

As to how far the ICC is willing to go is questionable. The organization tends to arrest only those of dark skin or targets of American foreign policy.

Perhaps that will change with the Arab Spring and elections in Europe which has gotten rid of some and may eventually remove nearly all the old leaders, most of whom are potential suspects in war crimes.

When we see Interpol put the cuffs on McCain and Lieberman and “perp walk” them out of the Senate, we will know we may get America back.

Related articles

What’s fair for the war-criminal goose (economist.com)
    War Criminal Obama again threatens unlawful war with Iran: who will arrest him? (washingtonsblog.com)
    United Nations Compiles Syrian War Criminal List It Can’t Enforce (theatlanticwire.com)
    What is the International Criminal Court (ICC)? Ask Doc Bonn (docbonn.wordpress.com)
    I will watch and see what transpires from this. It is certainly a nice change form the usual clenching of the fist legislation an incontinent government has been passing of late to try and calm their nightmares. In fact, this little EO might create some discomfort for the things that like to hide under rocks while getting woody's over the latest rendition or drone attack.

Got wood? This EO might, (emphasis on might), have all the charm of a ravenous woodpecker for some.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

For non-Americans this is good news indeed because at least there is some real way to seek justice for all the harm done. But, getting a case investigated or prosecuted is not easy.

Here's a good overview of what the Court does:

http://www.icc-cpi.int/NetApp/App/MC...INT=Guest#id_9

Example: the killing of Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan was blatantly against international law, BUT it did not cause the deaths and suffering of a large number of people so there is no way Obama is going to be prosecuted for this.

Interesting times!

PS It might be a good idea for Bush, et al to stay at home!
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

It's close to election time, folks. Now the butt-kissing and lies begin (until after the elections, of course). Then it's business as usual....

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

DreamsInDigital (4th May 2012), jjjones (4th May 2012), RMorgan (4th May 2012), Sidney (4th May 2012), xbusymom (5th May 2012)

8. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote It's close to election time, folks. Now the butt-kissing begins (until after the elections, of course). Then it's business as usual....
    The cynical part of me thought this as well - Obama knows he is safe from prosecution but it would certainly help him in the election if there is a lot of attention (does not even need an investigation or prosecution) on the crimes of past Republican leaders, et al.

I like Obama very much but I can't help but see how this could be very useful for him politically at this time!
    Sandie

9. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

Default Important! American War Criminals Can Now Be Prosecuted! US Rejoins ICC!

This is definitely important in that it's a step towards those "Arrest" that have been promised for so long becoming even more probable. From one of the most reliable mainstream sources on the net, Gordon Duff and Veterans Today.

Obama Rejoins ICC, US No Longer a "Rogue" State.

… by Gordon Duff, Senior Editor

The US left the court under Bush in order to protect those responsible for kidnapping, drug running and torture.

They may now be arrested, even if American office holders or members of the military or CIA, which, oddly enough, many of those responsible for such heinous crimes are.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/05...r-rogue-state/
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DreamsInDigital For This Post:

araucaria (4th May 2012), Ba-ba-Ra (4th May 2012), EnergyGardener (4th May 2012), JRS (4th May 2012), KiwiElf (6th May 2012), Marin (4th May 2012), math330 (12th May 2012), Paladin14 (4th May 2012), penn (4th May 2012), Ria (4th May 2012), schneider (4th May 2012), white wizard (4th May 2012)

11. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member white wizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,057 times in 267 posts

Default Re: Important! American War Criminals Can Now Be Prosecuted! US Rejoins ICC!

A lot of energy is being put into the idea of change and from what I can see

all around me with how people have started to act differently towards

each other. I like looking at things from big perspectives comes naturally

being an Aquarius. I think people will see the energy is shifting just give it time

and be patient.
    knowledge is key to wisdom as is in keeping an open mind is essential for opening new doors

you once kept closed .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to white wizard For This Post:

Alie (4th May 2012), DreamsInDigital (4th May 2012), KiwiElf (6th May 2012), Paladin14 (4th May 2012)

13. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Important! American War Criminals Can Now Be Prosecuted! US Rejoins ICC!

Wouldn't it be great if Wilcock was right about Obama being one of the good guys. I like to think its still a possibility, maybe he had to do the bidding of the powers that be first. Maybe this is the start of the real change.

I think the whole Ron Paul movement and the media's blackout of him is making a lot of people wake up. I see the cleansing of corruption an inevitability, a natural evolution. People don't want to be slaves, and the more ridiculous the powers that be get, the more people will naturally take notice and wake up from their brainwashing.

I posted this article yesterday in the Bill Ryan will eat his hat- guaranteed thread, but I don't think anyone read it or just ignored it, kept talking about the eating of the hat. Hopefully the white hats start cleaning house.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paladin14 For This Post:

alxz (5th May 2012), araucaria (4th May 2012), DreamsInDigital (4th May 2012), im awake (6th May 2012), KiwiElf (6th May 2012)

15. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 times in 1,094 posts

Quote Posted by Paladin14 (here)
    Wouldn't it be great if Wilcock was right about Obama being one of the good guys. I like to think its still a possibility, maybe he had to do the bidding of the powers that be first. Maybe this is the start of the real change.

I think the whole Ron Paul movement and the media's blackout of him is making a lot of people wake up. I see the cleansing of corruption an inevitability, a natural evolution. People don't want to be slaves, and the more ridiculous the powers that be get, the more people will naturally take notice and wake up from their brainwashing.

I posted this article yesterday in the Bill Ryan will eat his hat- guaranteed thread, but I don't think anyone read it or just ignored it, kept talking about the eating of the hat. Hopefully the white hats start cleaning house.
    I just don't buy Obama being one of the good guys.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

DreamsInDigital (4th May 2012), Paladin14 (4th May 2012)

17. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 times in 513 posts

If we were a wizard we would see all of it; alas we are seeing little bits of big pieces which fit into even bigger puzzles --- puzzles probably not even fully visible. So, we have a dilemma. We're debating over very small pieces of things.

But I think this is a big one. And we are trying to make a timeline of big events since maybe Jan 1 when James Martinez started it off. I'm seeing a rolling forward. (ever so slowly). It's keeping us very occupied.

The biggest payoff for "THEM" is if something so "evil" can slip past all of the eyeballs that are on super alert ---- what do you think?

I wish I had the time/focus to put the last few months in outline form ---- does anyone want to do it?

Better yet --- wish we had a CSI/BAU office with all the techs available at our beck and call The truth is there for us all to envision --- probably just one layer away.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alie For This Post:

DreamsInDigital (4th May 2012), Paladin14 (4th May 2012)

19. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote I just don't buy Obama being one of the good guys.
    I don't either, every time he speaks I get a strong gut sense that he's full of S***. I can see it as a possibility though that he has to do what he's told or else. Could have signed this to help in the arrests of the real war criminals and be a step to what we're hoping for, maybe its just another excuse to go after terrorists, or maybe he's been tricked into signing it by good guys so that they can arrest him!
    Last edited by Paladin14; 4th May 2012 at 20:46. Reason: fixing quote

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Paladin14 For This Post:

DreamsInDigital (4th May 2012)

21. Link to Post #13
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 times in 369 posts

Constitutionally Obama is not even our president, he should be among the first to be prosecuted under U.S. law IF our laws were truly enforced.

Rich

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Oouthere For This Post:

DreamsInDigital (4th May 2012)

23. Link to Post #14
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

In my opinion, it would be naive to believe the government of the United States would put in place laws which could convict the same criminals in charge of crimes.

Just like historically, USSR had a constitution giving the citizens freedom and rights, however there were no rights and freedoms.

It amuses me at how often the administration of the US government lies to the masses, and yet, no matter how many times they discover that they were lied to, they just repeat the same pattern again, over and over again.

Ironically, in the opinion of many peoples of the world, the Untied States military are the terrorist.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

jjjones (4th May 2012), Paladin14 (4th May 2012)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote This is definitely important in that it's a step towards those "Arrest" that have been promised for so long becoming even more probable. From one of the most reliable mainstream sources on the net, Gordon Duff and Veterans Today.

Obama Rejoins ICC, US No Longer a "Rogue" State.
    Please can we use our brains and inform ourselves. This means that American individuals can be (if the ICC will investigate and prosecute) held accountable for war crimes, genocide and wars of aggression.

Do not insult people of the world who have suffered from these crimes (often at the hands of Americans) by even mentioning this new development in the context of the Drake/DW BS. This has nothing to do with the bogus arrests (show me the mass graves in America, the graves of the hundreds of thousands of women and children who have been killed, the thousands who have had limbs blasted away by land mines, the children who have starved and been deprived of medical care, and so on).

Now, apart from being completely ignorant of what these crimes are that are investigated and prosecuted by the ICC, use your common sense - Obama has not committed crimes as defined by the ICC. His predeccessors are another story, and would it not be of great political advantage for Obama, at this time, for the focus to fall on the war crimes committed by past American presidents (especially Republicans)? This looks like a timely political move to me. (Yes, the killing of Bin Ladin in Pakistan was an international outrage but it was not a war crime as defined by the ICC in terms of the types of cases it investigates and prosecutes.)

Americans have absolutely no claims at all to prosecute or even investigate any of your past or present leaders for crimes as defined by the ICC, because no such crimes have been committed against the American people (unless you want to go back into the past and prosecute for crimes against the Native Americans, but that falls outside the time limit). HOWEVER, people in countries in the rest of the world are lining up with their petitions!!

My point is that to connect this with the arrests promised by Drake/DW is an imaginative absurdity, but is typical of how Drake/DW groupies will clutch at anything and present it as 'proof' of their agenda.
    Last edited by sdv; 4th May 2012 at 21:57.
    Sandie

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

bennycog (5th May 2012), Paladin14 (4th May 2012), schneider (4th May 2012)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Obama is only safe until after he LOSES the election. Then he'll be fair game for prosecution. He's a traitor and he'll stand trial for what he's done...

I like Obama too - until he opens his mouth...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

DreamsInDigital (4th May 2012), kcbc2010 (5th May 2012), risveglio (5th May 2012)

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Obama is only safe until after he LOSES the election. Then he'll be fair game for prosecution. He's a traitor and he'll stand trial for what he's done...
    There are no grounds to prosecute Obama for anything, certainly not at the ICC.
    Sandie

30. Link to Post #18
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

Every single one of them have a NWO menbers hand up their butts elbow deep working them like the puppets they are. ALL OF THEM. Republicans, Democrats and Independents... Green Party... Tea Party... even the OWS groups have been infiltrated. Only something drastic will bring real "CHANGE". Ole Mr Soros and other people/groups like him are counting all of the votes anyway. I don't mean to sound like a broken record but non of our representatives represent us... represnt us.. represent us... skip skip cratch... flip the broken record and play it again.
    Sorry about any visuals my comment about puppets caused a few sentances up

31. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

If Obama himself is a criminal then getting a few Republicans out of the way fits the agenda of the now socialist/fascist regime.

32. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

I think it has something to do with the 'Responsibility to Protect' Act recently passed by Obama. Not quite sure tho..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast