+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wild Food Free Medicine (Video)

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

Default Wild Food Free Medicine (Video)

Last edited by Mu2143; 19th March 2015 at 00:41.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

blufire (5th May 2012), brenie (6th May 2012), Cjay (6th May 2012), Debra (4th May 2012), Eram (5th May 2012), GoodETxSG (5th May 2012), Heart-2-Heart (5th May 2012), jjjones (4th May 2012), MacStar (6th May 2012), Muzz (6th May 2012), Paladin14 (4th May 2012), Samsara (5th May 2012), seko (5th May 2012), sunflower (6th May 2012), TheMystikBarker (5th May 2012), TraineeHuman (6th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Default Re: Wild Food Free Medicine (Video)

Thank you Mu2143 for the thread, even though this subject was in the forum around 2 months ago and I even posted one or two Markus' videos.

I find the subject fascinating but realistically very hard to commit to the idea 100% about raw food. What I liked the most was the part about herbs and natural healing which I see as the medicine of the future, you know it's an irony after being the medicine in the past for so long but in the world we live in, many wonderful things have to come back, the knowledge about food and health is one of the most important ones.

Having pain or any illness is not a fun ride! Clear mind and a loving heart can do wonders.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Eram (5th May 2012), MacStar (6th May 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Unfortunately, it may become necessary for those of us who wish to survive Earth changes, to study up on natural foods. All the information we need will be given.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMystikBarker For This Post:

Eram (5th May 2012), MacStar (6th May 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

I so regret not paying attention and showing so little interest when my Native American Grand Father tried to teach me. Now that he has passed that oportunity is lost and I am now unable to pass it to my children breaking a cycle and family tradition that goes back countless generations. It really makes me blue to think about. Maybe some people that have some more detailed videos for this kind of training can post them? It would be appreciated.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by GoodeTXSG (here)
    I so regret not paying attention and showing so little interest when my Native American Grand Father tried to teach me. Now that he has passed that oportunity is lost and I am now unable to pass it to my children breaking a cycle and family tradition that goes back countless generations. It really makes me blue to think about. Maybe some people that have some more detailed videos for this kind of training can post them? It would be appreciated.
    Hey GoodeTXSG,

Why don't you search for someone with the same knowledge that your grandfather had and ask that person to teach you all about it, so you can restore this cycle?
    Take your children with you while you're at it.
    I bet your grandfather would be smiling upon you from where he dwells now!
    Last edited by Eram; 5th May 2012 at 13:09.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Cjay (6th May 2012), Heather2017 (6th May 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member MacStar's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the link and the reminder Mu

Look up Wildcrafting for more info too guys.

I used to get right into this, being into Ethnobotany and home-schooled some kids for a short while.This was one of the subjects I got them into.
    It's amazing when you start looking around at those annoying "weeds", look them up and find medicinal and or cullinary uses for them.Also been into Mycology for a long time too and they are a great source of wild food.
    This area needs very close study and understanding as there are a lot of poisonous lookalikes,same with some weeds/plants as they can be medicinal, but also toxic or irritating if mishandled or applied.

Cool thread
    "The shaman is not merely a sick man, or a madman; he is a sick man who has healed himself.”
    ― Terence McKenna, The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens and the I Ching

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MacStar For This Post:

Eram (6th May 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

This is outstanding information. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Eram (6th May 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

I wish some one would make some plant identification dvds with mention of their uses based on climate zones.

Up where I am, zone three, I've seen the native people harvesting a moss that they use of diabetes.

My neighbor makes dandilion jelly. I wonder if dandilion wine is any good for you?
    Just drying and grinding the root and puttin into capsules is excellent tonic for your liver. We take it often.
    Or you could make tea but it tastes pretty bad.
    another root that is an excellent tonic is burdock root, dried and in caps or tea or you can eat the root like carrots.
    the root is hard to harvest as it can be several feet long but if you dig down and break it off it will come back next year.
    it is an incredible healer

15. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

Last edited by Mu2143; 19th March 2015 at 00:41.

+ Reply to Thread