+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To those who say there is no evil only experiences.......

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,289 times in 1,094 posts

Default To those who say there is no evil only experiences.......

I present this for your reading entertainment.

www.news9.com/story/18115282/tahlequah-abuse-case

I judge not the person but I do judge the "actions" of people and ......let's just say her actions aren't of the "good" nature.

2. Link to Post #2
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: To those who say there is no evil only experiences.......

And just when you think maybe you can 'forget', https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-play-the-game.

I posted this at the very same time as this post.

I still have hope though.
    Who am I to tell you what's real?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Laker For This Post:

sdv (5th May 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by truth4me (here)

I judge not the person but I do judge the "actions" of people and ......let's just say her actions aren't of the "good" nature.
    I have to wonder what happened to her to cause her to act in such a dysfunctional way. And this infant, the victim, when it grows up will it perpetuate the violence? If so, is he still a victim or is he now a monster?

You're right. Her actions are not good. Are they evil? Or are they severely dysfunctional? Food for thought. In the end, I think the answer comes down to belief system. Most answers do.

But either way, let me tell you a story. I once read about a tribe in Africa who had a unique way of handling things. When someone in the tribe would begin to lie, or steal, or act against the community, the entire tribe would form a circle around the person. One by one, they would recount all the good things they remembered about the person. All the way from childhood up. They re-established the ties between the community and the person so as to treat the root of the problem rather than punish the symptom. A true healing of the person and their relationship to the group.

I think that in our judging of some people as "bad" or our focus on their actions as "bad", we are looking at the symptoms. And this is a key way in which our civilization has gone wrong. Because every consciousness is a reflection of God consciousness. However many lifetimes it takes, we must reconnect people with this understanding about themselves. Then the symptoms will dissolve and the cycles will stop.

Unless you are newly incarnated here, I doubt that anyone reading this has not committed grave atrocities at some point. I know I have. Just things to think about. Maybe talk about even.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 5th May 2012 at 04:39.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Delight (5th May 2012), DoubleHelix (5th May 2012), Eram (5th May 2012), gs_powered (5th May 2012), Hermite (5th May 2012), pilotsimone (5th May 2012), sdv (5th May 2012), Sebastion (5th May 2012), songsfortheotherkind (5th May 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th May 2012), transiten (5th May 2012), truth4me (5th May 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,289 times in 1,094 posts

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    Quote Posted by truth4me (here)

I have to wonder what happened to her to cause her to act in such a dysfunctional way. And this infant, the victim, when it grows up will it perpetuate the violence? If so, is he still a victim or is he now a monster?

You're right. Her actions are not good. Are they evil? Or are they severely dysfunctional? Food for thought. In the end, I think the answer comes down to belief system. Most answers do.

But either way, let me tell you a story. I once read about a tribe in Africa who had a unique way of handling things. When someone in the tribe would begin to lie, or steal, or act against the community, the entire tribe would form a circle around the person. One by one, they would recount all the good things they remembered about the person. All the way from childhood up. They re-established the ties between the community and the person so as to treat the root of the problem rather than punish the symptom. A true healing of the person and their relationship to the group.

I think that in our judging of some people as "bad" or our focus on their actions as "bad", we are looking at the symptoms. And this is a key way in which our civilization has gone wrong. Because every consciousness is a reflection of God consciousness. However many lifetimes it takes, we must reconnect people with this understanding about themselves. Then the symptoms will dissolve and the cycles will stop.

Unless you are newly incarnated here, I doubt that anyone reading this has not committed grave atrocities at some point. I know I have. Just things to think about. Maybe talk about even.
    Good points Whiskey_Mystic. I still have trouble with people who mistreat children. I'm sorry I just do. I'm not looking for pats on the back ether. I know the " blind ones" are caught up in the world but someway ,somehow this abuse of kids must stop. Burning a child's private parts............let's say that child and mother decided before incarnating here agreed upon that the "mother" would abuse the "child" ??? man, I just don't know about somethings.....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

sdv (5th May 2012), transiten (5th May 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Well, what you are saying would be dependent on some belief systems. If that doesn't feel right to you, don't feel like there is pressure that you MUST believe it. Personally, I think "hey this is probably more complicated than I can understand."

This used to drive me crazy. Literally. Years ago I was driving myself mad over a CNN report about a little Cambodian girl. The girl had been sold into slavery by her family at the age of 4 when she was shipped off to the brothels of Bangkok. I used to teach English in Thailand, so I knew that this was a common situation. I actually discussed this on TV with the Deputy Prime Minister in the late eighties. Anyway, this girl had been kept in a tiny cage for three years and raped repeatedly every night until she was 7. At the age of 7, she was rescued by a humanitarian organization. She was unable to communicate much or relate to other people. A few months later, she died of AIDS complications.

I kept ruminating about this and I could not let it go. It was wearing a groove in my mind. I was hysterical and full of rage about it. So my teacher sat me down and told me a story. Another student of my teacher, whom we will call Lisa, had died the year earlier. She was someone I knew and had spent time in practice with. I knew that Lisa and my teacher were very close and had been for years. My teacher had been working with Lisa closely to help her overcome ritual satanic abuse that she had endured as a child and they had made a lot of progress over the years. But thousands of years ago, they had been mortal enemies. Long story short, Lisa had caused my teacher to be tortured and raped to death. And when she died, my teacher said "I hope someday you know what this feels like". When Lisa died, my teacher wept. Lisa and she had meant so much to each other and taught each other so much. They loved each other.

"And so", she said, "Do you understand? It's all an illusion. None if it is real."

It's appropriate to feel outrage and anger when we see a child harmed. It is very appropriate to take action when we can. But do not take into yourself. Do not make it personal. See the greater picture. Understand that this is all an illusion. Our feelings about this can pull us into the duality that perpetuates the violence if we allow it. These triggers are like the woman in the red dress in the Matrix.

And the other thing is that my teacher told me that in order for her to really spiritually heal this whole situation with Lisa's abuse, she had to be able to see everyone involved in the abuse as divine and perfect in their own right. That was a real challenge. But it was the only way to dissolve it completely.

If you read all of this, thank you. I couldn't have said it shorter. I hope it helped some.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 5th May 2012 at 06:25.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

9eagle9 (5th May 2012), delfine (5th May 2012), Delight (5th May 2012), gs_powered (5th May 2012), PurpleLama (5th May 2012), sdv (5th May 2012), Sebastion (5th May 2012), transiten (5th May 2012), truth4me (5th May 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Space_Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

What we call "evil" are service to self experiences. Those souls who harm others and cause them to have a difficult experience will receive karma and get to experience the same themselves.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Space_Ace For This Post:

truth4me (5th May 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed wynderer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,989 times in 1,133 posts

there's an old saying about the devil [Evil], that there are two things he likes best w/Humans -- one is if they believe he doesn't exist, & the other is if they get really fascinated w/him

the first one rules most of you --allowing Evil to continue to operate in secret

+ Reply to Thread