+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Anybody want to quit smoking?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Default Anybody want to quit smoking?

OK had not smoked for over 20 years until I became targeted and started up again just from the stress. I am so absolutely disgusted with myself, I tore up the remaining smokes I had this morning and I want to stop that nasty habit cold turkey. If anyone would like to join me, it would make it easier, but if you don't smoke or don't wish to quit, I am asking for prayers, positive vibes, and emotional support from my fellow like-minded soul friends here at avalon.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (6th May 2012), Annacarl (9th May 2012), Antagenet (8th May 2012), bennycog (6th May 2012), Bryn ap Gwilym (6th May 2012), CeltMan (6th May 2012), D-Day (8th May 2012), Eram (6th May 2012), frances (6th May 2012), Fred Steeves (7th May 2012), jjjones (7th May 2012), kersley (7th May 2012), Kindling (7th May 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th May 2012), Marianne (6th May 2012), meeradas (6th May 2012), pilotsimone (7th May 2012), Ramdass528 (7th May 2012), RMorgan (6th May 2012), RunningDeer (6th May 2012), sandy (8th May 2012), ThresholdRising (8th May 2012), transitionalman (8th May 2012), Turcurulin (7th May 2012), Unified Serenity (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Default Re: Anybody want to quit smoking?

Hey mate,

I quit smoking about one year ago, with the help of electronic cigarettes. They´re really awesome, because you have a sensation very similar to smoking and you can reduce the nicotine level gradually.

Besides, electronic cigarettes don´t have smoke, just vapor, which doesn´t damage your health.

For those who hate the nicotine abstinence feelings, it´s a damn good solution.

Good luck! If you need any advice about electronic cigarettes, just drop me a PM.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 6th May 2012 at 19:09.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

bennycog (6th May 2012), Coaxial (8th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), r3divory (6th May 2012), RunningDeer (6th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member r3divory's Avatar
    Thanks

I am one that wants to quit. Been smoking since I was 16 and am now 39. Most of my family on my mother's side have passed away from cancer and I was born with cancer. Lots of prayer and good vibes healed me from that though. Thanks to the powers that be. Every-time I have tried to quit someone is buying me cigarettes. I guess I'm not easy to deal with. I live with my 74 year old dad who smokes, along with my husband. Also have a 6 year old and 3 year old to contend with. If I can learn of a way to get everything out of my head so that I could actually meditate to release stress I know this would have a much better impact than to light up a death stick. Plus it would save lots of money that I could put to better use for healthier eating and increasing silver supply.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to r3divory For This Post:

Eram (6th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), im awake (6th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (6th May 2012), RunningDeer (6th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Hey Starchild111,

I really want to quit as well but I am not ready. I had three bad habits and I've recently given up two of them. I'm saving smoking for when I can honestly say I've got the other two beat.
    At least another two months.

So I can only offer my support and since you've asked I will light a candle for you and hold you in my thoughts. You can do it. You're already half way there - you did not say you would try to quit!

We can do anything we set our minds to.

Here's giving you the mental key to override your programming and to remember in your weakest moments what you said above:
    I am so absolutely disgusted with myself...and I want to stop that nasty habit cold turkey!

Consider it a done deal.
    Ernie
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Coaxial (8th May 2012), Eram (6th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), KiwiElf (6th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (6th May 2012), RunningDeer (6th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

Starchild, it all comes down to willpower.

My mother has always been a strong-willed woman. When I managed to get her convinced to actually even consider it doing it, and explained to her its all in the mind, she just took a stare at the cigarette box for some 15 minutes. Then the other day the same. Each time she had an urge. She eventually didn't need to face the monster anymore. She had beaten it with her mind.

Just show strong willpower. You can get out of any type of addiction.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

Eram (6th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), jjjones (7th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (6th May 2012), RMorgan (6th May 2012), RunningDeer (6th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I have stopped several times and though I smoke now I can again if I want to.
    This is what I do.
    No big deal-- stopping for ever to much for the habit part of the mind.
    I just say "I wont have one just now"
    Prior to that I have run out of smokes-- I do roll ups and cigars they are easier to stop as there are no chemicals.
    If your on normal packs of cigarettes-- try going on to roll ups first to wean yourself of the chemicals.

Hope this helps
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Coaxial (8th May 2012), Eram (6th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), Fred Steeves (7th May 2012), meeradas (7th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (6th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), SKAWF (7th May 2012), Turcurulin (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Member Midnight Rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 times in 310 posts

I quit about a week ago. Just do it and never smoke again.... that is my strategy. No outside aid just free will.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Midnight Rambler For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (6th May 2012), Eram (6th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), Fred Steeves (7th May 2012), jjjones (7th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (6th May 2012), RunningDeer (6th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), StarDust (6th May 2012), Turcurulin (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Hi starchild111,

I'm so sorry you started smoking again.
    I know how it feels to restart a habit when you thought you where free of it. Makes you feel like you let yourself down, doesn't it?

I have good news though.
    It's a way to quit nasty unhealthy habits with an awareness that Bashar is happily to explain

I used this video to quit my drinking which I have been doing for 20 years.
    I just quit and it felt like the most liberating and easy thing to do. I just had very few moments that were difficult and I used this method from Bashar and made the craving go away like mist in the morning sun.

I hope it's something you can use.

best wishes!

Waky

X post edit X

There's another thing that is useful too: instead of looking at the things why you want to quit smoking, you can make a list of benefits of quitting smoking, like: better health, no more spending money on it, breath improves etc etc.

Every time you feel a craving, you can use this list to feel joy of all the things that are waiting for you now you are quitting.

I understand that this doesn't work for everyone, but for me it did the trick.
    Last edited by Eram; 6th May 2012 at 20:01.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), Fred Steeves (7th May 2012), KiwiElf (6th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (6th May 2012), RMorgan (6th May 2012), RunningDeer (6th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), StarDust (6th May 2012), Swanette (7th May 2012), Unified Serenity (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Member Midnight Rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 times in 310 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    [snip...]
    Here's giving you the mental key to override your programming and to remember in your weakest moments what you said above:
    I am so absolutely disgusted with myself...and I want to stop that nasty habit cold turkey!

Consider it a done deal.
    Ernie
    I have a mantra for the difficult moments when I have the urge to light up. It's self fulfilling and it works very well for me. I keep repeating to myself: I am a non-smoker, I am a non-smoker.

One other benefit is that I am proud of not smoking and not disgusted with myself

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Midnight Rambler For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (6th May 2012), Eram (6th May 2012), Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), KiwiElf (6th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (6th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member StarDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,638 times in 472 posts

Here is part 2 from Bashar:

"Where your focus goes, energy flows." ~Alex Collier

My "messaging" comes directly from a 6th Density social memory complex in the etheric realm of Sirius B; of which I am a member. I volunteered to incarnate here as a representative of our SMC and to assist Gaia and Terrans in the transformation. My message is designed to assist those who are seeking. If the message does not resonate with you, then simply discard it and move on. That is your free will of choice which will always be honored.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to StarDust For This Post:

Eram (6th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), KiwiElf (6th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (6th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), Swanette (8th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 499 posts

starchild111

Hi,

Good luck with your quit.

I went Froozen Rooster (cold turkey) just over 12 weeks ago & now class my self as a non smoker. I can't stand the smell of it & people who smoke stink to high heaven.

To keep myself focused I trawled the web & came across a few sites that played a huge part in my quit.

Hope these will help you & anyone else.
    Note; The material in these sites touch on & go deeper than folk are taught. Its as if Nicotine was designed to trap the mind & soul.

NicotineAddiction 101
    http://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Stop Smoking Recovery Timetable
    http://whyquit.com/whyquit/a_benefits_time_table.html

Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms & Recovery
    http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/wi...al1.htm#index6

Here is a main No Smoking forum.
    Even though I didn't join the comments left there helped heeps, plus there are a few who quit the same time as myself. So reading what they have to say was & is a bonus
    http://forum.nosmokingday.org.uk/
    Inscription on The Washington Monument -

Fy iaith, fy ngwlad, fy nghenedl Cymru — Cymru am byth (My language, my land, my nation of Wales — Wales for ever)...

Dweud y gwir - Tell the truth

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bryn ap Gwilym For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

I quit smoking some years back using nicotine patches, it was so easy to do that I was amazed. What I did was to "try" the patches while thinking: "if it works it's great and if it doesn't, I'll try again". Well, it worked, I put a patch on and the first 3 days I smoked as usual but I wasn't concerned about the amount of nicotine I was receiving or anything, the fourth day around 6 pm I realized I hadn't smoked any cigarretes and I didn't have any cravings at all.

The next few days were amazing, I had a sense of freedom as never before, I even saw a man smoking outside and I just wanted to tell him how I did it but I didn't talked to him.
    After three or so years I started going out with my today husband, he didn't tell me he was a smoker and when we got married and I came lo live in his house I discovered that he bought cigarettes by the carton and left them everywhere, on every table, drawer, etc., also his son and friends smoked so it was very easy to start having just a puff and after a few days a whole cigarette... so I started again.

My husband was finally able to quit a few months back using patches but I couldn't.... he bought some cheap chinese patches from ebay and they didn't work for me.

For the last week I have been using patches again and I have reduced the amount of cigarettes a lot but still smoking... today I've had 2 cigarettes but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, cravings are diminishing and I feel good. The only downside of quitting was the weight gain, I'm a very petite woman and I gained more than 40 pounds, it was terrible but this time I feel more prepared to handle it.

I would never try cold turkey, I don't think I have the guts to do it that way...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

frances (7th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

I f***ing love smoking and laugh at all of the people who guilt themselves into not reaping its many benefits. Tobacco is my ally. I will continue smoking until I die, and then I will still smoke.

Do as you will. The choice is yours to laugh or cringe at social stigma.

By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rantaak For This Post:

daddy fishwick (7th May 2012), Eram (6th May 2012), Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), huyi82 (7th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

I like smoking because it coats your lungs so the bad stuff don't stick. chuckle chuckle. Besides that, Reptilians are alergic to tobaco, and garlic, so do a bunch of both. hee hee hee hee hee chuckle chuckle.

love and peace
    sirdipswitch

¤=[Post Update]=¤

oops... so Ido a bunch

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Helps keep Snobs away too

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Eram (6th May 2012), Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), SKIBADABOMSKI (9th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I stopped smoking due to health reasons. Started taking the nicotine lozengers incase of a relapse. Became addicted to lozengers instead of cigarettes. Bottom line, nicotine is more addictive than heroin. Cigarettes are not addictive, nicotine is. Frances.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frances For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (7th May 2012), Eram (7th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Thank you soooooo much everybody, loads of info, and many thanks for the support!!Its been 24 hours, and I am not really craving, I am just really BITCHY. LOL Of course I would have to quit smoking not just during a full moon, but a SUPER full MOON. Where do I come up with these stupid ideas????? Yes, I am laughing, sort of. lol

That said, I really do like to smoke, thats the problem, but I really don't know why I like it so much, because it makes my mouth and hair and everything else smell like s**t, for the money, I could have a pretty nice vacation in a year, its not exactly feminine or attractive, and my kids hate it. I am hell bent on quitting though, so I am just going to do this one day at a time. I will track my progress here, so I have something to look forward to, like I can say, hey I made it another day. Baby steps. I am very thankful to be able to come here for support.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (7th May 2012), Eram (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), Fred Steeves (7th May 2012), Reirrac (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

take one step at a time, i also find that stressful situations causes me to light up all the time so try to avoid them or try to get your mind busy on something else, it's not easy that's one thing, i smoke 40 in a week and i want to cut down my intake but that will never happen.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to huyi82 For This Post:

Eram (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

You may want to try this. Its natural. A friend at the healthstore told me about this. Im going to try it when im ready. Not ready yet though.
    Do some research on this when you get a chance. Resonates with me.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/16...herb-remedies/

http://www.good-herbal-health.com/na...it-smoking.php
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Eram (7th May 2012), Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012)

37. Link to Post #19
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

No, absolutely not. Why should anyone quit using a sacred herb?

After 48 years smoking I still love it and it has not become a

habit, yet. LOL

All is well

Jorr 2.0

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Eram (7th May 2012), Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), Rantaak (7th May 2012), Sidney (7th May 2012), SKIBADABOMSKI (9th May 2012), Turcurulin (7th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 499 posts

Quote Posted by jorr lundstrom (here)
    No, absolutely not. Why should anyone quit using a sacred herb?

After 48 years smoking I still love it and it has not become a

habit, yet. LOL

All is well

Jorr 2.0
    Aye, It would seem that Mr Clemens would agree with you.

Quote Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.
    Mark Twain
    Inscription on The Washington Monument -

Fy iaith, fy ngwlad, fy nghenedl Cymru — Cymru am byth (My language, my land, my nation of Wales — Wales for ever)...

Dweud y gwir - Tell the truth

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bryn ap Gwilym For This Post:

Eram (7th May 2012), Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2012), frances (7th May 2012), jorr lundstrom (7th May 2012), Sidney (8th May 2012), WhiteFeather (7th May 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast