+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best cheap water filter ( canadian Military issue)

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default Best cheap water filter ( canadian Military issue)

I was looking for a small portable water filter, reasonable priced and with some filtering capacity, not fast but quantity, this small filter filters up to 2000 liters for about 34 to 40 bucks, spare filters are also available for about 10 bucks each.

This is what i came up with, i have one myself now. I ordered it in Holland they are also on sale on Amazon.

http://www.hettykat.nl/

This water filter is the lightest, smallest water filter. It's a good choice for soldiers, hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, climbing, trip/ travel, out-door work, survival, and emergency Also, it's very easy to operate: just pump the handle to instantly remove dangerous contaminants from drinking water.

This pump is also used by the Canadian army for its size, reliability and filtering capabilities.

Characteristics:
    - 100% removes bacteria in water like Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella typhi, Vibrio cholerae, Legionella pneumophila, Giardia intestinalis.
    - Filters out particles down to 0.1 micron — compare to the best commercially available unit that can only filter down to 0.2 micron!
    - Entirely eliminates suspended contaminants of protozoa, algae, worms, dusts, etc.
    - Efficiently removes heavy metal ions in water such as Pb2+, Cd2+, Cr6+, As3+, etc.
    - Efficiently decreases organic pollutants.
    - Having a good ability to remove odors and cloudiness.

Features:
    -Smallest: can be held in glasses box.
    -Lightest: less than 90g.
    -Environment friendly: cleanable filter cartridge.
    -High filtration fineness: unique dual ceramic membranes cartridge with mean pore size of 0.1 micron.

Technical Data:
    - Size of ceramic membrane's aperture: 0.1 micron
    - Output: Approx. 0.3 l/min (10 oz. per minute)
    - Capacity: 2,000 liters (530 gallons)
    - Weight: Approx. 88g (3 oz.)
    - Dimensions: 13.8×5.7×2.8cm
    - Material: ABS plastic, Ceramic, Nano-KDF

Made by Pure Easy

http://www.pureeasy.com/Products/Pro...ilter/248.html

Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 8th May 2012 at 18:28.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Default Re: Best cheap water filter ( canadian Military issue)

Perfect addition to the bug-out bag.!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (15th July 2012), M6* (21st July 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Yup, Starchild, already sent email to company.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (15th July 2012), M6* (21st July 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Bumping my own post so............... BUMP, three posts in a row, water, food, fire.

That should keep you nice and toasty.

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Berkey Portable Water Bottle

http://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkeysport.htm

Berkey portable water filters are easy to use and very effective. Berkey portable water filters remove virtually all contaminants and bad flavors from water. Even pond water can be made drinkable with Berkey portable water filters.”

Refill Capacity:
    Water from any source -160
    Municipal Water - 640

“At 22 ounces and weighing less than 1 pound, the sport Berkey bottle is lightweight and easy to use. No pumps, or breakdowns to worry about either.  When encountering a lake, pond, or stream, just fill up and start drinking.”

"The exclusive filter also incorporates proprietary absorbing media that are impregnated into the micro-porous filter for the IONIC absorption of pollutants into the filter such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

M6* (21st July 2012), Ron Mauer Sr (21st July 2012), seko (21st July 2012)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)
    Berkey Portable Water Bottle

http://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkeysport.htm

Berkey portable water filters are easy to use and very effective. Berkey portable water filters remove virtually all contaminants and bad flavors from water. Even pond water can be made drinkable with Berkey portable water filters.”

Refill Capacity:
    Water from any source -160
    Municipal Water - 640

“At 22 ounces and weighing less than 1 pound, the sport Berkey bottle is lightweight and easy to use. No pumps, or breakdowns to worry about either.  When encountering a lake, pond, or stream, just fill up and start drinking.”

"The exclusive filter also incorporates proprietary absorbing media that are impregnated into the micro-porous filter for the IONIC absorption of pollutants into the filter such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals."
    At only $22.34 on Amazon.com, everyone should have one of these filters.

The Katadyn Mybottle is another good choce.

There are many models from Berkey and Katadyn. For those who want the best, the expensive Katadyn Pocket water filter has an amazing capacity of 13,000 gallons depending on the water. Lifetime guaranty if that means anything anymore.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (21st July 2012), D-Day (21st July 2012), RunningDeer (21st July 2012), seko (21st July 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I thought i had a pretty good deal on 40 bucks filter myself, 2000 liters for that price is not bad at all, one spare filter for 10 bucks for another 2000 liters makes fifty bucks...for 4000 liters of water total filtered to 0.1 micron, if its all you can afford thats not a bad deal imho. But hey, go with the brand of your preference.

It really does fit in a small glasses case by the way, takes up hardly space at all...when carrying a water blatter its even better, it shrinks while you drink and it swells only when filled ( some pun intended here somewhere)
    Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 21st July 2012 at 10:12.

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by 665 plumber of the beast (here)
    I thought i had a pretty good deal on 40 bucks filter myself, 2000 liters for that price is not bad at all, one spare filter for 10 bucks for another 2000 liters makes fifty bucks...for 4000 liters of water total filtered to 0.1 micron, if its all you can afford thats not a bad deal imho. But hey, go with the brand of your preference.

It really does fit in a small glasses case by the way, takes up hardly space at all...when carrying a water blatter its even better, it shrinks while you drink and it swells only when filled ( some pun intended here somewhere)
    Good point about space saver. I've added a cross link to the "Here and Now" thread. Thanks for your input.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (21st July 2012)

14. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by 665 plumber of the beast (here)

Good point about space saver. I've added a cross link to the "Here and Now" thread. Thanks for your input.
    Thank you,

something else about this small filter, it is small, but the plastic it is made of is really thick, it does not feel fragile at all, buying something from the internet is always a bit of a gamble but i am not disappointed at all by this product.

One could say, but how do you know if it really filters to 0.1 micron, i dont know, i have no equipment to measure that, i just went along with the manufacturers specs, just like i would if i would buy another more popular or known brand of filter and i would still have no way to check this for myself.

It takes a bit of force to push the water through the ceramic filter though, this might be a good indicator of the fine filtration since it takes some effort to push the water through the very fine holes in the ceramic cartridge, perhaps something you can take in consideration when you think about buying a filter like this, i like it anyway, i use it for tap water, and it makes me very concious of the fact that clean water does not come by itself these days and it really tastes better too, you just have to pump a few liters of water through it the first time to flush small particals out of the filter and get rid of the packaging taste and then its ok, you are good to go.

regards

Ed

+ Reply to Thread