+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Prince Charles (BBC - Weatherman) Hinting a 'Bank Holiday' sometime soon..?

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Is Prince Charles (BBC - Weatherman) Hinting a 'Bank Holiday' sometime soon..?

May 10, 2012 by IBTimesTV

Television audiences watching the weather forecast in Scotland received an unexpected surprise on Thursday (May 10) as Britain's Prince Charles delivered the local weather report for the region.

Dressed in a dark suit, blue shirt and striped tie, Charles looked like the perfect professional as he gestured towards the map behind him, describing the wet and cold conditions in store for Scotland over the coming days.

The move comes as part of the prince's attempts to appear more accessible and less aloof to the general public. His wife, the Duchess of Cornwall also tried her hand at being a weather girl.

Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall are visiting Scotland as part of their annual Holyrood Week, visiting the BBC's Scotland office as it celebrates 60 years of broadcasting.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C3d_laUYZhg

PS - I would'nt have thought there was anything funny about a 'Bank Holiday' joke or no joke...

Just goes to show you how this 'PARASITES' mind operates..!

2. Link to Post #2
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Is Prince Charles (BBC - Weatherman) Hinting a 'Bank Holiday' sometime soon..?

Eh? A bank holiday as in a national holiday, which occurs quite often in Britain? Sorry, there's nothing sinister about that... although there are two bank holidays quite soon - back to back on the 4th and 5th of June, albeit in in the name of Lizzie's jubilee. Most people in the UK just look at that as an extra day off work, and a 4 day week-end.

Still, you can see why the script is necessary, because any other way would show how out of touch he is with the common person. You should have seen Camilla's attempt. Dreadful. I mean, for a member of the royal family, whose sole purpose is the service and representation of the tax paying public, you would expect she had a modicum of charisma...
    Who am I to tell you what's real?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alex Laker For This Post:

Cidersomerset (11th May 2012), Tarka the Duck (11th May 2012), Turcurulin (11th May 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Is Prince Charles (BBC - Weatherman) Hinting a 'Bank Holiday' sometime soon..?

Quote Posted by Araxes (here)
    Eh? A bank holiday as in a national holiday, which occurs quite often in Britain? Sorry, there's nothing sinister about that...
    You may well be right..?

However...The word 'Bank Holiday' has different meanings...

Depends where you live and what's its for..? i.e. Bank runs...

Ever heard of the 'US Emergency Banking Act' passed in 1933..?
    Last edited by jackovesk; 11th May 2012 at 03:30.

5. Link to Post #4
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Quote Posted by Araxes (here)
    Eh? A bank holiday as in a national holiday, which occurs quite often in Britain? Sorry, there's nothing sinister about that...
    You may well be right..?

However...The word 'Bank Holiday' has different meanings...

Depends where you live and what's its for..? i.e. Bank runs...

Ever heard of the 'US Emergency Banking Act' passed in 1933..?
    I've just looked it up now... and certainly a 'bank holiday' under the mandate of this law would not be a laughing matter. No, sir it would not. I think the joke here is honest though (and scripted), and does refer to hoping for good weather on the Jubilee bank holiday. I mean everyone in Britain is gonna want some sun on their days off... cheers Liz.

Still, you have a very keen eye for possible subliminal messaging - and, it is unusual that this video has been plugged so much around the world where 'bank holdiay' could have a different meaning (it would appear many of the news sites don't explain the term - I thought it was universal) I hope the worst thing that does happen on Monday is rain, but the Brits can handle that...
    Who am I to tell you what's real?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Laker For This Post:

jackovesk (11th May 2012)

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

I have a job in mind for him, like working in the laundry at the prison, permanently.

That is an odd joke, maybe its a cultural thing, for us in the USA its differant I guess. Joking about a bank run in a recession is an eye brow raiser in the USA but not over there maybe.
    Last edited by Siberia9; 11th May 2012 at 03:32.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

Alex Laker (11th May 2012), annieVee (11th May 2012), Cidersomerset (11th May 2012), Cjay (11th May 2012), David Trd1 (11th May 2012), jackovesk (11th May 2012), modwiz (11th May 2012), seko (11th May 2012)

9. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 times in 349 posts

I find it curious timing for such a stunt as there is a huge debate in scotland at the moment[at least there was when i was living there last year and i assume it continues] in regards to the scottish breaking from the United kingdom.Which i should think the English need the scots considerably more the the reverse situation with all that oil in the waters off the north of scotland.

In addition the prince will never be affable to the common man for the very reason that he is a prince.I doubt he knows how to put his silk toilet paper to his own behind.

Of course i am Irish and my tolerence towards British black nobility is minimal at best.

Ce le vie.

Peace.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David Trd1 For This Post:

Billy (11th May 2012), Cidersomerset (11th May 2012), Russ1959 (11th May 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Hi All I think he is auditioning for a News ' _anchors' role with Fox News with the other Reptiles !!

Araxes is right ! Bank holidays in Europe are very good, extra paid days off work .....The downside is the other four working days
    are usually very busy to compensate especially in the post office...LOL..

A traditional English Bank Holiday fair would feature Dancing round the Maypole, Morris Men and a variety of odd sports likes
    Welly throwing, chasing cheese down steep hills and any other thing ' drunk males can think up after a few Beers/ciders ..LOL..

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 11th May 2012 at 06:31.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Alex Laker (11th May 2012), Russ1959 (11th May 2012), Tarka the Duck (11th May 2012)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

More sinister on a slightly different subject, when i googled for images of Charles potential co anchors on 'Horse & Hound News ' Fox's new subsidery

The Fox News Ladies , pretty as they may be all have 'Mein Kampf' and Camilla hair colouring ....Those sly Nazi's on Fox are already geared up for THE Fourth Reich in the US !!

Is it me or do they all look the same ?? and do they really represent the multi cultural ethnic
    mix which is the United States or are they representatives of 'The Empire' !!!
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 11th May 2012 at 12:40.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

annieVee (11th May 2012), Marianne (11th May 2012), modwiz (11th May 2012), Russ1959 (11th May 2012)

15. Link to Post #9
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Jackovesk- Sometimes too much can be read into things. A Bank Holiday = a Public holiday as in Australia. When I was a child in Wales a long time ago we longed for the August Bank Holiday as it was one of the few Long Weekends in those days. I understand that there are many more now. I also remember that it ALWAYS rained so it would have seemed a funny joke in the UK.

And now I'll get stuck into cidersomerset- who is one of my very favourite posters.... BUT as a blue-eyed blond (from birth!), I object to the suggestion that it denotes nazi tendencies. I am well aware that I am allowing myself to be ridiculed here, but such objectification is wrong, even in fun, and it should not go unchallenged.

That said I can hardly believe I am defending Fox!

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 times in 428 posts

Last week we had a very wet May bank holiday, I'm pretty sure he was referring to that.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joedjemal For This Post:

Alex Laker (11th May 2012), sygh (11th May 2012)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

hahahaha that was quite funny because it is always raining on bank holidays. If all fails for him a job as a weatherman would suit him well

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

karelia (11th May 2012), Tarka the Duck (11th May 2012)

20. Link to Post #12
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ellisa (here)
    Jackovesk- Sometimes too much can be read into things.
    You may well be right..?

However, this 'Parasite' and (ALL) the Royal Parasites young & old really get on my nerves...

For Centuries the have Raped - Pillaged & Plundered good decent folk all around the World and they are still doing it & worse still getting away with it and nobody seems to Wake Up to this Pompus Madness &/or give a Sh#t...

The Lot of them 'Disgust Me'...

Must be a Convict thing...

21. Link to Post #13
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 times in 898 posts

Quote Posted by Siberia9 (here)
    <snip>That is an odd joke, maybe its a cultural thing, for us in the USA its differant I guess. Joking about a bank run in a recession is an eye brow raiser in the USA but not over there maybe.
    It is a cultural thing. On the British Isles, it's a well known fact that as soon as a "Bank Holiday" draws near (and most holidays here are called "Bank" holiday!), the rain comes in. We've just last Monday had the May Bank Holiday, and the entire weekend was full of rain. So, no, I wouldn't read anything into what he was saying.

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 499 posts

Basically he was just striking a line under Sod's law.
    You always seem to have a beautiful day when stuck in work for e.g, but as soon as a bank holiday comes it tips down, hence Sod's law.

As for Charlie boy being on Tv. He is just promoting the Royalist & Unionist agenda. The Unionists are trying allsorts to stop Alban (Scotland) from gaining Independence, because they know that Cymru will be close behind & also Cornwall.
    Inscription on The Washington Monument -

Fy iaith, fy ngwlad, fy nghenedl Cymru — Cymru am byth (My language, my land, my nation of Wales — Wales for ever)...

Dweud y gwir - Tell the truth

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryn ap Gwilym For This Post:

jackovesk (11th May 2012)

24. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

It's crazy that I never watch tv and where do I find the Scottish weather? Here of all places and Prince Charlie reading it.

Jacko when I want to know what's going on here in Scotland can I ask you?

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Debra (11th May 2012), jackovesk (11th May 2012)

26. Link to Post #16
    United States Unsubscribed wynderer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,989 times in 1,133 posts

as a non-Brit -- when i saw this was for real, i had a WTF reaction -- a member of the 'Royal' family as a weatherman? things must be getting bad -- i can't imagine QEI or Q Victoria doing this -- nor Henry VIII either

27. Link to Post #17
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    More sinister on a slightly different subject, when i googled for images of Charles potential co anchors on 'Horse & Hound News ' Fox's new subsidery

The Fox News Ladies , pretty as they may be all have 'Mein Kampf' and Camilla hair colouring ....Those sly Nazi's on Fox are already geared up for THE Fourth Reich in the US !!

Is it me or do they all look the same ?? and do they really represent the multi cultural ethnic
    mix which is the United States or are they representatives of 'The Empire' !!!
    When will people figure it out... Fox is R Wing spin and ALL the other MSM's are L Wing spin... NONE of them are giving any real news and absolutely no truth. Just gives people something to argue about and keep their eye off the "Birdie"... I think they just want Hot Blonde's to up their ratings... it seems to be working. LOL... So to answer the question, both sides L and R serve the same Nazi Empire... they just sell different products to those who look for different products. Pretty simple as sick as it is.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    May 10, 2012 by IBTimesTV

Television audiences watching the weather forecast in Scotland received an unexpected surprise on Thursday (May 10) as Britain's Prince Charles delivered the local weather report for the region.

Dressed in a dark suit, blue shirt and striped tie, Charles looked like the perfect professional as he gestured towards the map behind him, describing the wet and cold conditions in store for Scotland over the coming days.

The move comes as part of the prince's attempts to appear more accessible and less aloof to the general public. His wife, the Duchess of Cornwall also tried her hand at being a weather girl.

Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall are visiting Scotland as part of their annual Holyrood Week, visiting the BBC's Scotland office as it celebrates 60 years of broadcasting.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C3d_laUYZhg

PS - I would'nt have thought there was anything funny about a 'Bank Holiday' joke or no joke...

Just goes to show you how this 'PARASITES' mind operates..!
    I guess they painted his horns blue so the Blue Screen Tech would hide them, he probably is wearing his tail as a trouser belt.

+ Reply to Thread