Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looks like "Doomsday Dec. 21, 2012" has been cancelled

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Default Looks like "Doomsday Dec. 21, 2012" has been cancelled

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...yond-2012?lite

Looks like the "best efforts" of mankind have, once again, fallen short of "figuring things out"! Oh, well,....on to the "next" failed prediction of brilliant minds.

(point to ponder)

I finally "wised-up" a long time ago to allow God's Word handle the events of our future. Many of you would be wise to do the same!

Matthew 24:35-37
    King James Version (KJV)

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

(a quote from "this article")

"It's very clear that the 2012 date, this end of 13 baktuns, while important, was turning the page," David Stuart, an expert on Maya hieroglyphs at the University of Texas at Austin, told reporters today. "Baktun 14 was going to be coming, and Baktun 15 and Baktun 16. ... The Maya calendar is going to keep going, and keep going for billions, trillions, octillions of years into the future."

Love and Peace,.....kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 11th May 2012 at 02:55.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

alxz (11th May 2012), Bryn ap Gwilym (11th May 2012), jagman (11th May 2012), Lettherebelight (11th May 2012), xeon (11th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

Default Re: Looks like "Doomsday Dec. 21, 2012" has been cancelled

Quote Posted by kreagle (here)
    http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...yond-2012?lite

Looks like the "best efforts" of mankind have, once again, fallen short of "figuring things out"! Oh, well,....on to the "next" failed prediction of brilliant minds.

(point to ponder)

I finally "wised-up" a long time ago to allow God's Word handle the events of our future. Many of you would be wise to do the same!

Matthew 24:35-37
    King James Version (KJV)

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

(a quote from "this article")

"It's very clear that the 2012 date, this end of 13 baktuns, while important, was turning the page," David Stuart, an expert on Maya hieroglyphs at the University of Texas at Austin, told reporters today. "Baktun 14 was going to be coming, and Baktun 15 and Baktun 16. ... The Maya calendar is going to keep going, and keep going for billions, trillions, octillions of years into the future."

Love and Peace,.....kreagle
    Dont be afraid kreagle.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

jagman,

(per your quote)

"Don't be afraid kreagle".

Not quite sure where you derived this from, but I can assure you that "fear" is the "last" thing on my mind or agenda,....but, thanks for the concern.

1 John 4:17-19
    King James Version (KJV)

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

(point)

My "genuine fear" is that too many of my fellow brethren will spend so much time "trying to figure the things of God out", or, shall I say,...."trespassing on God's territory",.... that they will wind up totally "missing out" on the most "important thing of all"! Nothing is more important than for an individual to recognize their personal need to be in compliance with the "Gospel Message", as outlined by the Apostle Peter in the Book of Acts Chapter 2. Verse 38 states,......

Acts 2:37-38
    King James Version (KJV)

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
    38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

"These directives", issued by the Apostle Peter, were in direct compliance with what Jesus was endeavoring to relate to Nicodemus in the Book of John, Chapter 3.

John 3:1-7
    King James Version (KJV)

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

"This",.....the "salvation of one's soul" is the only thing that I'm "fearful" of.

Once again, thanks,...my friend for your concern.

Love and Peace,......kreagle

5. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Yes, kreagle. People would do well to study the Bible. There is a lot of hidden truth in its pages.

Let me relate a personal story. I have one Bible basher friend who is not the conventional Christian (if you can call him that), and I have lost count of the number of times in the past, my predictions based on what I've read online (related to some alien theory.... or so-called truth researchers, or....some sensational news) has always fallen flat on its face...to my embarrassment. There is simply too MUCH deception (lies always mixed in with some truth) to really discourage putting your faith in most of these theories (and yes, they will remain theories) anyway. My friend is sure the "end times" is near, but not this year, he says. Because according to him, the signs are still not fulfilled. And I'm beginning to think he could be right.....

IMHO, Matthew chapter 24 is significant, as is chapter 23 (which likely describes the Illuminati (replace "Pharisee" with "Illuminati").....

There is truly a lot we don't know, and probably never will. At least, I hope, some of us can admit that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xeon For This Post:

kreagle (11th May 2012)

7. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

did by chance also dig terrence mackenna apartment only to find the original timewave zero maths that goes on for octillion years of so interesting archaeological finds ?

8. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dim (here)
    did by chance also dig terrence mackenna apartment only to find the original timewave zero maths that goes on for octillion years of so interesting archaeological finds ?
    I'm sorry,....not to inflame, at all,......but can you please give me the "English version" of your statement?

I've read it "three times",.....and still don't have a clue what you've stated, and/or asked. Please help!!!

9. Link to Post #7
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

WoW!

That is a real shame.
    I never quite feel fully complete unless I am worried about either the end of the world, the economy crashing, a pending war, a huge earth quake, a horrific storm, or the aliens about to core out my rectum.

With a bit of luck, it wont be too long before I get to read on here again that we are all going to die in some horrific pending disaster or act sent by God.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

gaiagirl (11th May 2012), Lettherebelight (11th May 2012)

11. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    WoW!

That is a real shame.
    I never quite feel fully complete unless I am worried about either the end of the world, the economy crashing, a pending war, a huge earth quake, a horrific storm, or the aliens about to core out my rectum.

With a bit of luck, it wont be too long before I get to read on here again that we are all going to die in some horrific pending disaster or act sent by God.
    I hate to admit it, but I did experience a "good chuckle" when I read your reply.

It does seem that "doom and gloom" envelops around us,.....doesn't it?

God does, indeed, have something "specially prepared" for His Church, though! (And it's "all good", too.!) If you haven't done so yet,.....hop on board!!!

Love and Peace,......kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 11th May 2012 at 09:04.

12. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Space_Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard plenty of doom stories for 1999/2000 and "nothing" happened. Maybe the elites made an attempt which was thwarted. Now I am hearing the same for end of this year and I give it a 75% chance something "great" will happen, a 15% chance "nothing" will happen(the belief of most people) and a 10% chance something really "bad" will happen. I am still optimistic and will ignore fear and doom posts.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Space_Ace For This Post:

Lettherebelight (11th May 2012)

14. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

There are now tens of millions of people around the world believing that something will happen at the end of this year, some think that it's something wonderful and some think the opposite. Are we all delusional? I hardly think so.

I expect nothing less than ascension for some part of the humanity, but yet I'm very aware that the birthing process will be very painful.

I just can't wait for it!
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

15. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    WoW!

That is a real shame.

Seems to me that many people are drawn to such types of stimulating topics simply because they have a very difficult time feeling anything good.
    They have been programed to the negative and simply need the rush of feeling something... in this case, most anything because they cant seem to tune into their love center.

Love is the answer for most issues... but this christian dogma and all the hatred christianity has spawed around the world certainly is not my way. Its a failed program that produces separation, fear, guilt and control over others, most likely because it is controlled by souls of an inferior evolution that do not truely understand the workings of love. Dont beleive me? Just study history.
    Few christians are really Christ like or anything even near it yet they expect me and others to follow their lead.
    ya right.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

conk (11th May 2012), Kendall (11th May 2012), write4change (11th May 2012)

17. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

looks kind of like disinfo to me, and that artwork looks nothing like any mayan artwork I have ever seen

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

gaiagirl (11th May 2012)

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

Quote Posted by StarSeed (here)
    There are now tens of millions of people around the world believing that something will happen at the end of this year, some think that it's something wonderful and some think the opposite. Are we all delusional? I hardly think so.

I expect nothing less than ascension for some part of the humanity, but yet I'm very aware that the birthing process will be very painful.

I just can't wait for it!
    The power of thought is a powerful thing and something may just happen due to so many people thinking in such a way....

Personal for me, I feel on the morning of December 22nd, 2012, I'll be standing at my front window drinking a cup of coffee watching the hummingbirds at the feeder and noticing the same scenery in the background.....things may be somewhat different than they are today of course as change is a for sure thing, but I personally doubt that the world is going to end on the 21st of December, 2012
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

20. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

Quote The power of thought is a powerful thing and something may just happen due to so many people thinking in such a way....
    Quote but I personally doubt that the world is going to end on the 21st of December, 2012
    works both ways, doesn't it ?

21. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dim (here)
    Quote The power of thought is a powerful thing and something may just happen due to so many people thinking in such a way....
    Quote but I personally doubt that the world is going to end on the 21st of December, 2012
    works both ways, doesn't it ?
    It sure does

Anything is possible at any given moment......
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

22. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Pretty good timing on this "discovery" too....

Quote The earliest known Mayan calendar has been found in an ancient house in Guatemala and it offers no hint that the world's end is imminent, researchers said Thursday.
    http://news.yahoo.com/earliest-mayan...185153809.html
    SilentFeathers

23. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

What a coincidence! Just yesterday came to my mind the Elenin story, then I wondered what's with the Nibiru - we should very well see the thing somewhere in the southern hemisphere, but nothing so far...what a shame.

And now THIS!

Looks like we made it people, no doomsday yet - we can destroy this poor planet as we like. OR we can save it from ourselves. Let's make it, shall we?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Malachi For This Post:

RMorgan (11th May 2012)

25. Link to Post #18
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey folks,

I still donīt understand why people gave so much credibility to a calendar in the first place.

There isnīt a single evidence showing that the Mayans could predict the future, including their own future, which was very tragic.

The connection between the end of a calendar and the end of the world is simply stupid!

Doomsday scenarios are simply great for making money folks, thatīs all.

Itīs easy to figure out why people are so easily manipulated. If they believe such an empty case like this, well, theyīll probably believe anything you shove down their throats.

Cheers,

Raf.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (11th May 2012), Lettherebelight (11th May 2012)

27. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 times in 666 posts

I came across this quote today which kind of stopped me in my tracks and made me pause for thought.

Quote "A great many people think they are thinking," writes William James, "when they are merely rearranging their prejudices"
    maybe not entirely relevant but still ???
    Sapere aude

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

gaiagirl (11th May 2012)

29. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

-------

Misleading thread title! It was never 'Doomsday'. That has always been a hysterical and unintelligent New Age misinterpretation. (Sorry -- it has to be said.)

The Mayan Calendar is just what its name suggests... a calendar. The next day starts as normal, the day after the end of the "year".

30. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alekahn (13th May 2012), Brizil (12th May 2012), DoubleHelix (12th May 2012), gaiagirl (11th May 2012), kanishk (15th May 2012), Kendall (11th May 2012), mab777 (11th May 2012), Malachi (11th May 2012), Midnight Rambler (11th May 2012), Molope (11th May 2012), nearing (11th May 2012), peterspm (12th May 2012), RMorgan (11th May 2012), Space_Ace (11th May 2012), Woody (11th May 2012), Yoda (14th May 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast