+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do you come to Avalon? What are you DOING?

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Smile Why do you come to Avalon? What are you DOING?

Sorry for the seemingly provocative title, and sorry if you don't want to read a long post.

I'm here because there are very relevant discussion topics which are untouchable in everyday conversation. There is very relevant information which untouchable by the mainstream media.

It has made me a better person. When you only connect with people who are 'sleeping', you get sucked into their paradigm. Avalon is an conversational outlet which is vital to my being.

But also, rather than an outlet, it is an inlet. An inlet into a world of truth and realisation about who you really are, and what's really going on in the world. It is a place where revolution ferments. This fermentation can be violent at times. Tempers flare, and people say the wrong things, but I think the diversity which leads to dispute is really our strength.

I come here because I'm trying to learn about real factual events which change the way I need to look at the world. I see myself as quite skeptical. I'm not into channelling, or alternative medicine for example (this may seem offensive if I put them in the same sentence to some people), but to me they are both still very distant concepts. I'm open minded though, and very much still in the infancy of my awakening.

I think there are several stages to the process of awakening:
    • Feeling that some is wrong the world
    • Learning what is wrong in the world
    • Learning who is responsible
    • Learning why this has been done
    • Learning what to do in response
    • Gaining the courage to do it
    • Doing it

The learning parts tend to intermingle and are part of one process, whereas the others are more distant.

I think courage plays a massive part. That is what we have to learn most, I feel, but upon trying to gain courage do we regress back into the cycle of learning about the latest updates from Drake etc.? Either we are constantly trying to justify not doing anything on account of help from others, or we are trying to justify taking matters into our own hands.

We just can't weigh it up. At least I can't. I feel guilty when I feel I'm not doing enough. I'm looking for courage.

I had a conversation today with a friend, who is quite open-minded, and he suggested a very poignant thought experiment.

You are the driver of a train. Ahead of you the track splits. Standing on your current track are five people, standing on the other is one, lone person. It's too late to do an emergency stop, and your only choice is to either press the button which changes the track, so you hit the one person, or you don't press it, and you hit the five.

Most people would say that they would push the button to save 5 lives ahead of 1. In reality, I feel this is too bold an action - it is easier to stick with the status quo and hope for a miracle. If you don't change anything, what happens is just what would have always happened even if you hadn't been there, right?

How much time do we have to make these bold decisions? How long until the tracks split?

Are we all really awake? How far along the 'process' do we really think we are? Does anyone know the course of action they're going to take, and how much of it have they achieved? It would really interest and inspire me to know.

(Thanks in part to the signature of RMorgan for inspiring me to write this post).
    Who am I to tell you what's real?

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Alex Laker For This Post:

<8> (11th May 2012), Alekahn (11th May 2012), Alie (11th May 2012), Antagenet (11th May 2012), Black Panther (11th May 2012), ceetee9 (11th May 2012), Cidersomerset (11th May 2012), crossroader (11th May 2012), Heart-2-Heart (11th May 2012), Kano (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012), Lifebringer (11th May 2012), Limor Wolf (11th May 2012), Lost Soul (11th May 2012), Mozart (11th May 2012), ozlemer (11th May 2012), Peace of Mind (11th May 2012), pilotsimone (11th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (11th May 2012), RUSirius (11th May 2012), seko (11th May 2012), Turcurulin (11th May 2012), Wind (11th May 2012), xbusymom (11th May 2012), zebowho (11th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 times in 613 posts

Default Re: Why do you come to Avalon? What are you DOING?

Quote Posted by Araxes (here)

Are we all really awake? How far along the 'process' do we really think we are? Does anyone know the course of action they're going to take, and how much of it have they achieved? It would really interest and inspire me to know.
    Araxes ~

Well said, young man.

~Mozart

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mozart For This Post:

<8> (11th May 2012), Alekahn (11th May 2012), Alex Laker (11th May 2012), Black Panther (11th May 2012), ceetee9 (11th May 2012), Cidersomerset (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Both the problem and the solution are "with in" you, always.

IDEA: We are largely taught & programmed to think in" black and white terms", ie Yes or No, Good or Bad etc.

These are just two (extreme) choices or perspectives of the same ONE thing.
    When you imagine the possibilities of what lies inbetween, - the "maybe" and "what if..." - those choices - "possibilities" - then expand exponentially and infinitely beyond those two choices of "yes" and "no".

This is incorporated within the symbology of the Yin & Yang symbol & the i Ching to name but two

Move and act on the idea(s) that excite you the most - with integrity, the one(s) you prefer, and understand that you can change your mind in a split second, thus creating a new path. In other words, you ARE the path

Emotions are your accelerator
    Logic is your brake
    Instincts are your "connection"
    Imagination is your "template"... and "tool box" of "tools" (ideas)

This can work positively & negatively, forward or backward, past or future ... and ALL the possibilities in between ... because it is ALL your creation in the NOW
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 11th May 2012 at 08:46.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Very interresting question to ponder Araxes none of us know for certain the course of action they would take untill your confronted with it...

My gut instinct is I would go for the one and hope my 'Horn' was still working !! in this scenario.....But what if the one was on his way to
    donate an organ to save his dying bros...and the five were planting explosives to wreck the next train ! Then what would you do !!

In these no win scenarios there is no right or wrong imho ....

I am here to find answers, to not unsimiler questions you posed. Is this all there is ?? or is there a universe of wonder out there
    and evil intrigues downhere all subjects readilly excepted on a forum like this ,as opposed to ridicule in the mainstream....

You are very lucky to have this access at such a young age and you are asking mature questions that if I asked my 21 year old
    step son , I would get a very different responce...LOL...Cheers steve
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 11th May 2012 at 07:05.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

<8> (11th May 2012), Alekahn (11th May 2012), Alex Laker (11th May 2012), Black Panther (11th May 2012), ceetee9 (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012), xbusymom (11th May 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 times in 822 posts

Hi Araxes and thanks for a beautiful post.

My view on this.

Quote Most people would say that they would push the button to save 5 lives ahead of 1. In reality,
    I feel this is too bold an action - it is easier to stick with the status quo and hope for a miracle.
    If you don't change anything, what happens is just what would have always happened even if you hadn't been there, right?
    You are actually allowing all that IS to be, not allowing the ego mind to decide for you, is a beautiful state of being.

Quote How much time do we have to make these bold decisions?
    You have no time, you have to do it now. The mind love putting things on the to do list.

Quote How long until.the tracks split?
    Let that go, it's just the mind distracting you from doing it now.

Quote Are we all really awake?
    No, But we are here getting more conscious through experience.

Quote How far along the 'process' do we really think we are?
    My experience is that some go through a shift in their consciousness, and from that view, thinking is just to believe something.
    And a thought is just one more object keeping you distracted.
    There is no, where are we. It just unfolds as it should.
    But never before have there been so many who is waking up to who they already are, yes that's what you are waking up to.

Quote Does anyone know the course of action they're going to take, and how much of it have they achieved?
    I guess that is up to each person to answer, I just live in the moment enjoying my experience here.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Alekahn (11th May 2012), Alex Laker (11th May 2012), Black Panther (11th May 2012), ceetee9 (11th May 2012), Cidersomerset (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 times in 513 posts

I've been thinking about it too, Araxes. I come here for exactly the reason you wrote about. PA is like our ever-evolving online university with classes to sit in on.

And most importantly for me,

I've felt so spiritually alone for many years. And then yesterday, while driving, I looked up at the clouds and thought ... wow, I've got new friends. I'm not alone anymore. And I started to sing from my "Glee" CD.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Alie For This Post:

<8> (11th May 2012), Alekahn (11th May 2012), Alex Laker (11th May 2012), ceetee9 (11th May 2012), Cidersomerset (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012), wynderer (11th May 2012), xbusymom (11th May 2012), zebowho (11th May 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Quote Posted by Araxes (here)
    We just can't weigh it up. At least I can't. I feel guilty when I feel I'm not doing enough. I'm looking for courage.

I had a conversation today with a friend, who is quite open-minded, and he suggested a very poignant thought experiment.

You are the driver of a train. Ahead of you the track splits. Standing on your current track are five people, standing on the other is one, lone person. It's too late to do an emergency stop, and your only choice is to either press the button which changes the track, so you hit the one person, or you don't press it, and you hit the five.

Most people would say that they would push the button to save 5 lives ahead of 1. In reality, I feel this is too bold an action - it is easier to stick with the status quo and hope for a miracle. If you don't change anything, what happens is just what would have always happened even if you hadn't been there, right?
    Correct answer in my opinion!
    You allow the train to continue towards the five. As there is every chance at least one will see the oncoming danger and move to safety.
    Alternatively, selecting the single life as the answer implies justifiable segregation and extermination.

Collectively we can make a difference and change our futures but individually we can be eliminated one by one as this "thought" experiment clearly demonstrates.
    Last edited by Snoweagle; 11th May 2012 at 10:33.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

<8> (11th May 2012), Alex Laker (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 times in 994 posts

[*]Feeling that some is wrong the world

That is apparent... but, don't look to MSM for knowledge

[*]Learning what is wrong in the world

A perusal of the topics here on PA will provide many answers, some correct, some incorrect.

[*]Learning who is responsible
    NOT IMPORTANT - Concentrate on what You must do.

[*]Learning why this has been done
    NOT IMPORTANT - Concentrate on what You must do.

[*]Learning what to do in response
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...671#post483671
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...World-Movement

[*]Gaining the courage to do it
    Courage not necessary... LOVE and Concentration on Changing One's Focus is PARAMOUNT

[*]Doing it
    Self Explanatory

I think courage plays a massive part. That is what we have to learn most, I feel, but upon trying to gain courage do we regress back into the cycle of learning about the latest updates from Drake etc.?

Either we are constantly trying to justify not doing anything on account of help from others, or we are trying to justify taking matters into our own hands.

How much time do we have to make these bold decisions? How long until the tracks split?
    Are we all really awake?
    Concentrate on what YOU are Doing.

How far along the 'process' do we really think we are?
    Not Important... See Above

Does anyone know the course of action they're going to take, and how much of it have they achieved?
    Individual Change will be gradual, and is dependent upon their dedication to concentration, but the downfall of the current systems most likely will be Rapid, and require a quick individual response.

I'll re-post this as I feel it covers the basics of what you are asking... the above items are the basis for action.
    -------------------
    You know what? The money doesn't matter. The financial 'settlements' don't matter. What these 'powers' say, doesn't matter.

What We, The People DO and Think, is All that that Truly Matters. Will We Re-align Our Views and Actions To What Truly Matters... Our Spiritual Development?

Truly Embracing and Understanding That We Are One.

Are these financial dealings going to enable humans to Truly 'Wake Up', and understand that Spiritual Development is what is Important, OR, are we just going to give a sigh of 'relief', and go on with our fascination with the physical and materialism, and 'kick the can down the road', until we have Another military, ecological, or financial 'crisis'?

Are we going to get Rid of All our major weapon and Monetary systems? Are we going to change over to a Full Free Energy System Without Monetary Control? Are the People and Countries of the World going to 'give up' totalitarianism and domination over each other? Can we make that leap to a Truly Civilized Society?

Time is growing shorter by the hour. We Either Wake Up and Truly SEE Who We Are and take the necessary Corrective Actions In Unison, or we will Fail.
    -------------------------
    In Unity, Peace and Love
    Last edited by Kindred; 11th May 2012 at 10:34.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

<8> (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Quote Posted by Alie (here)

I've felt so spiritually alone for many years. And then yesterday, while driving, I looked up at the clouds and thought ... wow, I've got new friends. I'm not alone anymore. And I started to sing from my "Glee" CD.
    I feel the same way... its just too bad that we seeds are flung far away from each other- I would love to have all of you gathered together - a real home of our own- instead of meandering around in cyberspace.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

<8> (11th May 2012), Alex Laker (11th May 2012), Alie (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012), RUSirius (11th May 2012), sdv (11th May 2012), wynderer (11th May 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    Slovenia Avalon Member
    Thanks

the path is long and rough

nice comment Mr. A

boris

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boris For This Post:

<8> (11th May 2012), Alex Laker (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012), RUSirius (11th May 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Its a big opportunity for us all to speak what we can't in everyday life.
    To share experiences with this community rather than friends who don't understand a thing about these stuff.
    To find a way to advance in spiritual path.

How do I see Avalon
    Every new member here arise a new chance or hope for changing this system where humanity has fallen so bad.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

<8> (11th May 2012), Alekahn (11th May 2012), Alex Laker (11th May 2012), Alie (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (11th May 2012), Wind (11th May 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

I was invited here by another member (who hasn’t been here in about a year). Because of the ties I have in the media and the entertainment industry… she figures it would be good if I reviewed the material involving the 2012 Nexus event. If the material was to be made authentic I can have it circulated and promoted by other people who happen to have great influence on the world…like singers, actors/actresses, producers, athletes, etc. These people are looked up too and watched daily. So if there is anything that needs to be made public I operate within 2 think tanks that will aid in getting the info to the masses. I stated this numerous times since I’ve been here; I even tried to contact certain individuals but had no luck. My P.M. box remains empty and my Email yet to be used.

So, as time passed I’ve lurked and observed this place to see if anything official comes up. There are many nice and well meaning people here but there seems to be a stigma also, too many people here seem to be obsessed with unproven info. So while I wait to see if there is anything I can use to help others with…I’ll occasionally post something I feel others can use…mainly words of encouragement and advice on how to deal with indefinable info. There are people in this word using this sought of material to jump off their own secret agendas, be it globally or personal. I come here to learn and assist…but there hardly is anything of substance to use, I refuse to believe those claiming to have very important life changing info for the world…but at the same time with hold details so they can profit from it….and even when they do receive some compensation for their work…they still supply vague evidence. This does very little for us and this always keeps people attention away from what really matters. I know these tactics very well….giving the industry I work in.

I see many bright people here being manipulated to spend their time idled, giving their power away, and chasing their tales. It saddens me to see this because that time can be used to plan and build. They are blinded by constant distractions. Just imagine if this place have stayed focused for the last couple of years…. I just want to use my power to further raise our awareness…but lately the info being released has been very disappointing.

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Alekahn (11th May 2012), Alex Laker (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (12th May 2012), Limor Wolf (11th May 2012), zebowho (11th May 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

I come here because it's a safe place to wait without being disrespected or not being able to communicate what I have seen with my own eyes with 30 others, that I have not been able to talk 'seriously" about with those who are not yet awake. Until the great revealing comes and they are led here to also gather some truths and other worldly news of the upcoming events and possibly world cataclysmic events, to fully awaken and unite for the good of this planet and God's purpose. As I am reading about the "Prophesied en times by Ronald Weinland and the "Final Witnesses from 2008 before the opening of the last seal, I feel blessed to behold the unfolding or revealing of truths yet untold, and the realization that as in Revelation "He deceived the whole world" w/Iraq Lie, the 3rd seal was opened. Six have now been opened and the 7 thunders that John was not to write about until end times for the two witnesses, is now being revealed. You KNOW who is opening them? The worthy Lamb of God, His Son Yeshua/Jesus. There is only one more seal to be opened and that is the sign of the coming judgement of God.

I was always curious about the story of OUR origin and found that since Caligula and Roman Catholic Church changed the Sabbath to Sunday and is a profound insult to Abraham's God. The messenger was Herber W. Armstrong who founded the God's church because almost all of the real truth of Jesus/God's word was changed by Kings, Popes, and Rome.

He found after his wife challenged him, that he was on the wrong Sabbath day worshipping the Roman God Baal.

Since then when he went to the religious heirachy who rejected him, he had founded the Worldwide Church of God. The Plain Truth was a magazine distributed in nations throughout the entire world. It then became corrupted in the 1990's after leadership of that church organinzation trurned fromt he truth of God to the false teaching of Christianity, which had become tainted by Gov, Rome and Kings.

As Weinland said, "it is not his place to make you believe, but his mission is to just tell the people what is coming and coming soon. Tribulation will be 3 and 1/2 years from the time the 7th seal is opened. WE are entering that time right now. The book 2008 plus 3 and 1/2 should tell you all you need to know and he says as the prophecy unfolds, you will know what he says if from God.

In the Final Witnesses, he tells who the two witnesses are, how they will die, and what powers they will be able to use, on behalf of God, and the people will fear the message because it will prove time and time again to be true. The trumpets will being sounding and if anyone has noticed the last 3 months or so, there have been sounds around the world being recorded that sound like the voices of many waters or trumpets.

Repent of all you've done wrong in life, God knows what it is, even if others don't. He just wants to know, WE seek His truth in all this darkness/lies.
    WE have to let him know by changing our bad influences of these false representatives, and following His word.

I come because I know our time is short now before judgement and we are the blessed generation for whom all the prophets talked about with Jesus return to Earth for His Father's Kingdom.

The Lamb of God returns to make right the wrongs and prepare the Earth and man for the Kingdom of God on Earth!! One church, One word, and One God.

Let the people say ahmen.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 11th May 2012 at 15:53.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Alex Laker (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (12th May 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    Very interresting question to ponder Araxes none of us know for certain the course of action they would take untill your confronted with it...

My gut instinct is I would go for the one and hope my 'Horn' was still working !! in this scenario.....But what if the one was on his way to
    donate an organ to save his dying bros...and the five were planting explosives to wreck the next train ! Then what would you do !!

In these no win scenarios there is no right or wrong imho ....

I am here to find answers, to not unsimiler questions you posed. Is this all there is ?? or is there a universe of wonder out there
    and evil intrigues downhere all subjects readilly excepted on a forum like this ,as opposed to ridicule in the mainstream....

You are very lucky to have this access at such a young age and you are asking mature questions that if I asked my 21 year old
    step son , I would get a very different responce...LOL...Cheers steve
    Very interesting that you should mention organ donation. Because the train situation is analogous to deciding to kill someone just to harvest their organs and save 5 other people dying from organ failure... in my opinion.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

The problem as I see it now is that we are bound by our ethernet cables, and trapped in hazes of wireless signals, trying to get our opinions out there to those who care. We just can't plan like this... Can action only come from real, spontaneous discussion?
    Who am I to tell you what's real?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Laker For This Post:

Alekahn (11th May 2012), KiwiElf (12th May 2012)

+ Reply to Thread