+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Traveler's Safety Alert

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Default Traveler's Safety Alert

I got this in an email today... please pass along to all the women you know (and everyone else too)
    -----------------------------------
    Subject: Another Threat to Women ~ Never hurts to pass it along.

On the way to Canton , driving on Michigan Avenue , on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Canton PD and they were going to check it out. This is what I was told...

"Several things to be aware of .. gangs and thieves, are now plotting different ways to get a person to "stop" their vehicle.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local police department that gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the baby. Note that the location of this car seat will usually be beside a wooded or grassy (field) area ...and the person - woman - will be dragged into the woods- beaten and raped- usually left for dead. DO NOT STOP . DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD. DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5% YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THIEVES. THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS. PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used and I would hate for anyone to fall victim to this kind of crime.

Please be safe

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Traveler's Safety Alert

Thanks xbusy. From the sounds of it (Canton and Michigan Ave) this is the town next to mine. I didn't hear about this, but thanks for the heads up.

3. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,836 times in 3,731 posts

Follow your heart. If true, the author did just that and probably avoided unnecessary hassle.

I am sure if it really were a baby, those that follow their inner voice, would have stopped and rescued it.

Avoid fear.

John..
    Last edited by Anchor; 3rd August 2010 at 10:32.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

4. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

You poor sad Americans...you really are pathetic aren't you? You've sponsored terrorism for decades and now your ghosts are coming back to haunt you...Well you reap what you have sowed all of these years, yet you expect sympathy. Well guess what..you aren't getting any, from anyone so hard luck

Rimbaud

5. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Rim, that mason training that you so staunchly defend as being loving and benevolent has done you so much good. You sound so kind and giving.

6. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rimbaud (here)
    You poor sad Americans...you really are pathetic aren't you? You've sponsored terrorism for decades and now your ghosts are coming back to haunt you...Well you reap what you have sowed all of these years, yet you expect sympathy. Well guess what..you aren't getting any, from anyone so hard luck

Rimbaud
    I don't blame everyone in every country for what the controllers do, otherwise I would still be really pissed off with all the French for coming out our way and testing nine bloody nuke bombs on our door step, then once they knew these tests went askew, they have backed off into their hidey hole again and shut up.

Although I applaud the French everyday people for taking action in the streets against the ptb when their annoyed with something in their backyard.

7. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Goldenserenity's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You poor sad Americans... Rimbaud
    Thank you for your sympathetic concern for us Americans Rimbaud!

I just checked out this story on Snopes.com, and it is a false story they say

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/carseat.asp

8. Link to Post #8
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Quote Posted by Tuza (here)
    (...)
    Although I applaud the French everyday people for taking action in the streets against the ptb when their annoyed with something in their backyard.
    Hope you just do not red what are those protests about (entitlements and more entitlements, and let somebody else pays). And now some politician there want to commemorate Lenin and Mao with statues. Fitting.
    There is no "our govt are bad, they are good". Every single govt is criminal one, and every single one sponsors terrorism openly or covertly.
    Without organized crime and terrorism there is hard to sell militarized police, eavesdropping, mail reading and and all the forms of invasion of privacy.
    Same tactic with GMO food, unemployment, banks you name it. We're so far from"normal" we don't know what the normal is.

Clueless masses will swallow anything covered in highly emotional package.

I'd say better check if this "warning" is a real one or something fabricated to get more cash for "boys in blue".
    EDIT: I just saw Goldenserenity's post. Precisely what I expected.
    Last edited by Luke; 3rd August 2010 at 06:26.

9. Link to Post #9
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I see Rimbaud is now a registered member and posting on the Camelot forum.

10. Link to Post #10
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Rimbaud

You know...politics aside...

the intent of this thread is to HELP women avoid assault....

prejudism takes ANY weight your statement might have had, away.

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Well if those reports are true then the cops should get off their asses and do their job where they're supposed to be *protecting* people. They're all the same these police no matter where in the world, lazy and corrupt. More interested in giving out tickets than protecting citizens or eliminating actual crime.

12. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

people, people, PEOPLE!!!

please don't shoot from the hip. this forum is already on shaky ground, let's try and post things with at least some research (and common sense) behind them.

"we" have real things to worry about. this is NOT one of them.

"gangs" are the least of our worries in america.

here, from snopes.com:

Variations: A March 2010 version combined the "fake baby in a blood soaked car seat" warning with one about eggs being thrown at motorists' windshields.

Origins: This late 2009 warning about gangs engaging in a "National Gang Week" scheme of using bloody car seats as lures to trick unsuspecting female motorists out of their cars, then beating and raping them, carries all the hallmarks of numerous other gang-related urban legends:

* Gangs throughout the U.S. participate in some sort of organized nationwide scheme to engage in mayhem during a designated time period (e.g., the "Halloween gang initiation" legend).

* Gangs regularly target random, innocent victims for murder, typically as part of an initiation scheme for new members (e.g., the "flashing headlights" legend).

* Gangs engage in a variety of schemes to lure random motorists out of their cars in order to beat, rob, or kill them (e.g., placing tire-puncturing spikes in shopping mall parking lots, affixing plastic baskets to the undersides of targeted vehicles, festooning cars' windshields with flyers, acting as if they were drunk or had been struck by other cars, or hurling bricks or other objects at automobiles).

* Gangs particularly target random, innocent (usually white) women (e.g., WalMart shoppers and gas station customers).

We have not turned up any reports of any gangs (much less simultaneous efforts by gangs all across the country) using car seats as lures to entice motorists out of their vehicles, nor do any of our police contacts recall encountering any such activity.

The agency to whom the above-quoted warning has been attributed, the Tennessee Department of Corrections, issued a disclaimer stating that it could not be substantiated:
    According to a press release from the Tennessee Department of Corrections, an email is being circulated regarding recent gang activity. The email, TDOC officials say, "cannot be supported by current [TDOC] intelligence."

The email did come from a department employee. It is not, however, an official TDOC statement.

The email states that gang members are using a new method to target women that involves sitting a baby car seat on the side of the road and attacking women as they approach.

The statement from TDOC follows:

"While the TDOC recognizes the gang element that extends to members housed in state correctional facilities, we cannot substantiate any claims made in the recent email transmission."

The public is advised to use caution when forwarding emails that do not appear to be official documents.
    Another agency to whom the e-mail has been attributed, the Harrisonburg [Virginia] Police Department, stated that it "cannot verify the information in these messages" and advised recipients "please do not send them to anyone else."

Yet another law enforcement agency dragged into the fray was the Police Department in Edmond, Oklahoma. The signature block of one of its officers, Sgt. Scott Fees, has been attached to the mailing, causing some who've received it to believe the caution was a genuine warning issued by local law enforcement. Said its spokeswoman Glynda Chu, the e-mail is "not true" and that "It is a shame people will go to such lengths to frighten people and that they would go as far as to cut and paste Sgt. Fees' name to a hoax to make it look legitimate."

Last updated: 14 June 2010

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/carseat.asp

Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2010 by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson.
    This material may not be reproduced without permission.
    snopes and the snopes.com logo are registered service marks of snopes.com.

Sources:

McGowin, Mallory. "Fake Email Preys on Good Samaritans."
    KRCG-TV [Jefferson City, MO]. 28 December 2009.

Schlachtenhaufen, Mark. "Hoax E-mail Singles Out Edmond Officer."
    Edmond Sun [Edmond, OK]. 10 February 2010.

TriCities.com. "Tenn. Department of Corrections Warns Against False Emails."
    10 December 2009.

WHSV-TV [Harrisonburg, VA]. "HPD Issues Warning About Gang-Related Texts and E-Mails."
    10 December 2009.

PS: rimbaud? america isn't so easily definable. you obviously, haven't done your homework. sorta like avalon as a whole sometimes

13. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

i beg to differ,,, filling women's heads with false fears only makes us less able to face the real ones.

this one, for an example, is not real. therefore, it does not help women at all. it hurts, instead.

14. Link to Post #14
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

that is great research...

and even if right...i still believe the intent was positive...i doubt the OP's intent was to harm women..

it seems this agitated you, this is understandable to me.

Any "attack" on women...or anyone....whether from an obvious source or not... needs to be "outed"

15. Link to Post #15
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Key to safety is awareness, not fearing every shadow.

There is fine line to walk there, as we are taught to be emotionally unstable and to ignore real issues in the same time.

Every criminal, both freelancer AND govt-licensed one is using victim's lack of practical knowledge (on the long run).

Attacks need to be outed, not only ones on women, but not to spread panic but to "out" patterns that will tell you, you're in real danger BEFORE you'll get yourself in vulnerable position.

That means your immediate surroundings but also ways things work in general. Like where to expect gang warfare. What motivates it. How does it spread. Especially last part is sometimes hard to swallow for well meaning do-gooders.

16. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 times in 326 posts

Quote Posted by Majorion (here)
    Well if those reports are true then the cops should get off their asses and do their job where they're supposed to be *protecting* people. They're all the same these police no matter where in the world, lazy and corrupt. More interested in giving out tickets than protecting citizens or eliminating actual crime.
    I'm with Majorion on this one, for once ! If they devoted only 50% of their time to protection and crime elimination instead of only 'income production' for the state, then we wouldn't have to worry about these kinds of criminals.

Thank-you XbusyMom, for that bit of info. If I still lived in the States, I might have been naive enough to actually stop and check out the car seat. America is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. What spoils it all is the 1 or 2 percent of the population that is criminal.
    Blessings,
    Yiola

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

I fully believe that a "gang" tactic like this could be used to stop some motorists. And I have heard of the "eggs on the windshield" being used here in Italy....

I want to warn you all of a real situation that I "lived" as a teenager:

One evening, a senior(17-18yo) at my highschool boarding school went to get gas, pumped it herself, went in to pay, came out, got back into her car.... and felt a gun barrel on her neck and a male vioce ordering her to drive.... The guy raped her in a secluded part of town and left her half conscious on the back seat of the car.....

So, lock your car even if you leave it for a few minutes, just a feet away from you, in a well lighted/populated lot!
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

18. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

Rimbaud
    Hi Rimbaud. I'm just curious, are you referring to the American military machine and/or the American government and/or the CIA?

Your post above is filled with animosity. Why would someone include in that animosity the mostly innocent people of the U.S. or any country who do not make decisions to harm others or go out of their way to destroy or form Empire? Why would someone, anyone, strike out at these?
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

19. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Quote SaiCO:
    Key to safety is awareness, not fearing every shadow.

Josie:

i beg to differ,,, filling women's heads with false fears only makes us less able to face the real ones.

this one, for an example, is not real. therefore, it does not help women at all. it hurts, instead.
    I thought this forum was for informing people of possible dangers... am I to understand that this subject does not RANK high enough to be considered valid...

I agree that it certainly doesn’t stand up to the dire doomsday predictions of worldwide CME ... listed in these threads...
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...aded-for-Earth
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...%28August-1%29

or the dreaded fake presidential dossier...
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...n-World-War-II

... nor the fearsome NWO movies threat...
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...Related-Movies

ya know... guys... I am getting kinda tired of EVERY thread I start being rejected until someone else comes up with the SAME topic 2 days later...

I just spent the last two years as a school bus driver, and every monthly safety meeting was packed with reiterations of knowing what the POSSIBLE dangers might be and being PREPARED (not scared) so the drivers could be thinking about – and planning - how to do things SAFELY (differently than a knee-jerk response)...

I am sorry this turned out to be a false alarm... but the message is the same as other VALID / POPULAR threads...

be prepared for the unexpected... and how do we do that if we have ZERO information on certain topics...

If the info HELPS someone be ‘safe rather than sorry’ then I am gonna stick it up here... and if it never happens to you ... consider yourself blessed...

DUH (rant over...)

20. Link to Post #20
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

*celine claps * well said..

i support empowering women, and any discussion that leads to education is a worthy topic for a thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast