+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mayan 2012 myth debunked

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mayan 2012 myth debunked

Science news: Mayan excavation uncovers new calendar that debunks 2012 myth

Recent findings at a Mayan excavation in Xultun, Guatemala reveal new evidence of astronomical calendars that refute the popular idea that the Mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012.

The report, Ancient Maya Astronomical Tables from Xultun, Guatemala was recently published in the May 2012 issue of Science by a team of researchers from the Archaeology Department of Boston University, the Department of Art and Art History, University of Texas at Austin and the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Colgate.

In 2005, Dr. William Saturno, then at the University of New Hampshire, discovered the oldest-known Mayan murals at a site at Xultun. In 2010, one of Dr Saturno's students discovered a vegetation-covered structure that has now been excavated using grants from the National Geographic Society.

read more: http://www.examiner.com/article/scie...unks-2012-myth

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

KiwiElf (14th May 2012), Nickolai (7th June 2012), RMorgan (17th May 2012), Theaterke (31st May 2012), Vitalux (13th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Mayan 2012 myth debunked

I find it desturbing that this is NOT getting the media attention that the original reports did. I was expecting this to be all over the media.
    Just proves that doom and gloom sells!

Ricker

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ricker For This Post:

DreamsInDigital (13th May 2012), Krullenjongen (13th May 2012), Vitalux (13th May 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

what ever saying on Mainstream must be true...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Krullenjongen (13th May 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

The reason it isn't getting media attention is because it isn't fear mongering, but quite the opposite.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Krullenjongen (17th May 2012), Vitalux (13th May 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

We certainly are a cleaver species.
    Lets all watch the horizon for the next "The End is Near" prediction.
    After all, isn't that what we do

Last edited by Vitalux; 14th May 2012 at 10:19.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Fred Steeves (14th May 2012), Krullenjongen (17th May 2012), RMorgan (13th May 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member dreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone who read enough on the subject already knew that they weren't predicting the end of the world.
    Blessed is he who clearly see's the world for the trees, to attain a birds eye is to turn a blizzard to a breeze.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dreamer For This Post:

DeDukshyn (13th May 2012), eileenrose (8th June 2012), Fred Steeves (14th May 2012), Kendall (7th June 2012), KiwiElf (14th May 2012), Krullenjongen (17th May 2012), modwiz (7th June 2012), Peace of Mind (14th May 2012), Realeyes (13th May 2012), risveglio (13th May 2012), RMorgan (13th May 2012), transiten (13th May 2012), Wind (13th May 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

We all know who started these news. They are spreading disinfo for a reason.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

14. Link to Post #8
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Quote Posted by Ricker (here)
    I find it desturbing that this is NOT getting the media attention that the original reports did. I was expecting this to be all over the media.
    Just proves that doom and gloom sells!

Ricker
    Definitely

If you notice that the majority of folks here at Avalon, do not wish to discuss this thread in detail because it is "Not what they want to hear".

Had for example this had been a thread about some 4 year old boy telling his mother that he had a dream that a huge wave was going to destroy the whole planted it would have been debated for 50 pages with many people talking about how they had an intuitive feeling that "must" mean that it was about to happen before the end of the week.
    Once the end of the week comes to a conclusion, the doom and gloomers will flock to the next thread to fuel their "end is near passion".

Instead of learning to laugh at themselves they will blame the " disinfo agents and the rest of society instead of including themselves as the fools for both believing in such nonsense and helping to spread the virus.

But then few will agree with this post, because it is not what they want to read and hear....

truth hurts ...don't it

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

DarMar (14th May 2012), Krullenjongen (17th May 2012), Nickolai (7th June 2012), RMorgan (14th May 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Avalon Member Free Bird's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to admit, I find the near silence on this topic by Avalonians to be deafening and I don't understand it

There is another thread about this discovery here.

Going off topic, what I found very strange about the paintings is that they appear to show Egyptian people alongside a Mayan person. To me, this offers proof that there was global travel by civilisations across the planet at the time of the Maya and this is what mainstream scientists and those interested in ancient civilisations should be talking about.

See my post here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...706#post486706
    Last edited by Free Bird; 14th May 2012 at 12:46. Reason: Correct link

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Free Bird For This Post:

conk (14th May 2012), Nickolai (7th June 2012), Peace of Mind (14th May 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Here's a link to a video discussing the discovery: http://video.nationalgeographic.com/...-calendar-vin/

The video casually mentions the three male figures "wearing uniform mitre style headdresses" but neglecting to add that their skin colour is different to the Mayans. It seems so obvious and yet there doesn't seem to be any curiosity on this fact of difference at all .... Like I said, strange!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Free Bird For This Post:

Nickolai (7th June 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,585 times in 1,720 posts

Might be an Atlantis connection. The ones that left Atlantis went in different directions, to Egypt and parts of what is now South America and possibly other places. There are many similarities found in different cultures.

I believe there were races of non humans or semi human beings with powers beyond what we have today in certain ways related to travel on and off Earth.

I don't think anyone on here thinks that 2012 will bring the end of the world at least not physically.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Free Bird (14th May 2012), Kendall (7th June 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by Free Bird (here)
    I have to admit, I find the near silence on this topic by Avalonians to be deafening and I don't understand it

This may be because of the Title and the OP of the thread, The Mayans NEVER at any time said that the end of the world was coming upon us in 2012, The Mayans talk of MANY cycles, The 26.000 yr cycle is just one of them. The end of an age, or end of time as we know it, Therefore a discovery of a new calander that goes beyond 2012 makes lots of sense and does not debunk the 2012 myth. again the OP put me off.

My advice would be to change the title for more interest.

peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Free Bird (14th May 2012), Kendall (7th June 2012), misericordia (8th June 2012), modwiz (7th June 2012), PurpleLama (25th June 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Going off topic, what I found very strange about the paintings is that they appear to show Egyptian people alongside a Mayan person. To me, this offers proof that there was global travel by civilisations across the planet at the time of the Maya and this is what mainstream scientists and those interested in ancient civilisations should be talking about.
    Unfortunately, that no longer happens here. It's as if the main topics to get attention are the ones filled with tons of speculations, nothing ever gets done (or solved) in this way. If it makes a grain of sense and/or removes the doom and gloom...it isn't of any interest. Perhaps, deep down people want to die but are to manipulated to realize it. They are tricked into giving up their lives willingly by helping to manifest the demise of the people. This is what tptb always wanted...hopefully this will be brought into a brighter light...as of now the illumination is a bit dim.

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

eileenrose (8th June 2012), Free Bird (14th May 2012), Nickolai (7th June 2012), Tane Mahuta (7th June 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Thank you East Sun, billyji and Peace of Mind for your replies. I feel it's really important to discuss what's happening.

@ East Sun: I feel you are right. In this case, there to be seems a connection between what we know of "Atlantis" and what we know of the Mayan world. These images are open to interpretation ... just like the interpretation of the scholar who found evidence of Egyptian mummies contaminated with cocaine. At the end of the day, it was irrefutable evidence and yet the mainstream scientists come together, discredit the scientist concerned and move onward elsewhere in their blindness.

@ billyji: I agree, though we cannot demand the OP change their title of the thread. @ Krullenjongen: Have you thought about renaming this thread something along the lines of ...... "Mayan People look beyond 2012" or ... "2012 - The year calculations begin" ... or from my pespective ... "Scientists debunk 2012 cataclysm but discover international collaboration in cave paintings!"

@ Peace of Mind: I see your point ... it seems as if we are expected to expect the worse , by who, I'm not sure, but Humanity ever increasingly seems willing to do take on the mantle of futility. Perhaps this is an attempt by TBTB to subject our "will" to the grinding mill of authoritarian oppression, eventually succeeding in their attempt to blend us all into homogeneous slaves? We will and do naturally resist however, especially when we discover it's against our interests

I trust and hope we discover it here.

Peace and Love

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Free Bird For This Post:

East Sun (17th May 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    If you notice that the majority of folks here at Avalon, do not wish to discuss this thread in detail because it is "Not what they want to hear".(
    I was thinking the same thing.
    i'm not looking for many thanks but i found it strange that the thread has 600 hits and two "thanks".
    i thought it was an interesting piece of information (even so much that kerry cassidy placed a similar article on her site about it)
    it look a bit like "saying you are open minded but being stuck in your own views" but hey who am i to judge. It could just be that i am the last to hear about it and everyone is done discussing it

29. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

"Recent findings at a Mayan excavation in Xultun, Guatemala reveal new evidence of astronomical calendars that refute the popular idea that the Mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012".

Another member, dreamer, already pointed this out in post #6, and I'll second what he said. It's no mystery why this is not a hot thread with millions of thank yous, and it's not because of closed minds. The above quote from the start of the original post told me pretty much all I needed to know, and that I wasn't interested either. Most people here, whether they think there's something to the 2012 thing or not, fully understand it does NOT foretell the end of the world this year.

Nothing personal ya'll, just giving you a heads up.

Cheers,
    Fred

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Thanks Fred!
    i thought there were more people here that were convinced that 2012 would bring the end or a big cataclysm or gigantic change.
    i must have underestimated the avalonians.
    Sorry guys en girls

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

Fred Steeves (17th May 2012), modwiz (7th June 2012), PurpleLama (25th June 2012)

32. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Symbolseeker's Avatar
    Thanks

My question would be why is there a Gorgon in the center of the Aztec Sun calendar? The answer is buried in Phoenician history, but can be found at: http://whiteknightstudio.blogspot.com/

33. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member goinghome2012's Avatar
    Thanks

i disagree, i believe in my opinion the age of 5,200 years ends on Dec 21, 2012, to end all ages, or the Great Age of aprox 26,000 years

if you people think nothing will happen either on that date or close to it, you must be in denial. We are going to immerse into the Dark rift in the Galactic centre, the birth canal which in my mind represents the passing of the void or three days of darkness. In my opinion this event will be significant, more profound than just a consciousness change which is already happening.

The controllers know their game is up and are either preparing for the change or hiding from this change.

Even one of the Mayans elders has stated on a video that the three days of darkness will happen which probably correlates with the passing of the Dark rift on this date.

I have also talked to a shaman from Peru and he states there will be a magnetic pole shift or reversal.

this date is not just a y2k date, it is very significant and if you are not ready spiritually in mind and heart, well heh, there's always next 26,000 years

anyways that is my input, thanks

34. Link to Post #20
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada with my life partner.
    Thanks

People the Mayan people and calendar has NEVER predicted the end of the world. Do your research folks.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lightseeker For This Post:

misericordia (8th June 2012), modwiz (7th June 2012), Whiskey_Mystic (7th June 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast