+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Would you be comfortable with telepathic communication?

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Smile Would you be comfortable with telepathic communication?

If humans evolved to a level where we are able to telepathically and empathically communicate, would you be comfortable with people knowing such an intimate level of knowledge about you just by being in your presence?

Sometimes I feel like I could make everyone just understand if I could transfer all my thoughts to their mind and just say there you go - make of me what you will. It feels like it would be a huge relief in many ways...

But what is it that makes us afraid of such a concept? We keep secrets because we lack the trust that those who we reveal them to will not judge us. That is because we know that they do not (or do not know that they) possess empathy.

Would telepathic communication still be voluntary? Rather, mind-reading is a violation on all levels. But an exchange of empathy where two people come together, and instantly know that they can trust one another with all their thoughts and feelings would be an ultimate form of communication. Of course, then, what would make us separate?

We constantly go on about government invasion of privacy this, intelligence agency monitoring this, and we deplore the the use of our 'data' being used by companies. However, these are organisations which lack empathy, nor can we empathise with them.

Has anybody experienced telepathic communication with an extra-terrestrial entity? Was it as if it was reading your mind without your consent? Or did you have some level of control?

I think in the progression of the human race, we have already seen a huge development in empathic communication from only a generation ago. The level of tolerance and acceptance of different lifestyles is far higher, for example.

In a way, the Internet has given us this place where all the thoughts of the world are accessible in a given moment. We no longer have to make prejudices based on assumptions or hearsay. It is increasingly rare that we are confronted with unusual cultural situations.
    Who am I to tell you what's real?

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Alex Laker For This Post:

<8> (23rd May 2012), ceetee9 (15th May 2012), Debra (15th May 2012), frances (16th May 2012), Fred Steeves (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), golden lady (16th May 2012), huyi82 (15th May 2012), Kindred (15th May 2012), Limor Wolf (15th May 2012), Maia Gabrial (15th May 2012), meat suit (15th May 2012), mind-scape (15th May 2012), mojo (15th May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), Neal (15th May 2012), Ontarioguy (15th May 2012), panopticon (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), RUSirius (15th May 2012), sigma6 (15th May 2012), Snoweagle (15th May 2012), the_vast_mystery (15th May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Default Re: Would you be comfortable with telepathic communication?

Hey Araxes,

Nice question.

I believe that high level telepathy can actually be done in such way that one can choose if he wants to make the "conversation" available to everyone or keep it private.

Cheers,

Raf.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

9eagle9 (15th May 2012), Alex Laker (15th May 2012), danceblackcatdance (15th May 2012), Debra (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), Herbert (15th May 2012), Limor Wolf (15th May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), RUSirius (15th May 2012), seko (15th May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), truth4me (16th May 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Intresting for me to realize how deep the PTB programming runs within the minds of individuals... the mind boggles!

So, let me give a different perspective: it's not a matter of evolution, it's a matter of appropriate, effective practice.

See this page to get started on it: http://www.freezone.de/english/cbr/e_telepa.htm

Happy learning!
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), Debra (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), golden lady (16th May 2012), mind-scape (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), sdv (15th May 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,836 times in 3,731 posts

Quote Posted by Araxes (here)
    If humans evolved to a level where we are able to telepathically and empathically communicate, would you be comfortable with people knowing such an intimate level of knowledge about you just by being in your presence?

Sometimes I feel like I could make everyone just understand if I could transfer all my thoughts to their mind and just say there you go - make of me what you will. It feels like it would be a huge relief in many ways...

But what is it that makes us afraid of such a concept? We keep secrets because we lack the trust that those who we reveal them to will not judge us. That is because we know that they do not (or do not know that they) possess empathy.

Would telepathic communication still be voluntary? Rather, mind-reading is a violation on all levels. But an exchange of empathy where two people come together, and instantly know that they can trust one another with all their thoughts and feelings would be an ultimate form of communication. Of course, then, what would make us separate?

We constantly go on about government invasion of privacy this, intelligence agency monitoring this, and we deplore the the use of our 'data' being used by companies. However, these are organisations which lack empathy, nor can we empathise with them.

Has anybody experienced telepathic communication with an extra-terrestrial entity? Was it as if it was reading your mind without your consent? Or did you have some level of control?

I think in the progression of the human race, we have already seen a huge development in empathic communication from only a generation ago. The level of tolerance and acceptance of different lifestyles is far higher, for example.

In a way, the Internet has given us this place where all the thoughts of the world are accessible in a given moment. We no longer have to make prejudices based on assumptions or hearsay. It is increasingly rare that we are confronted with unusual cultural situations.
    Yes I am (me and wife have times of telepathy - doesn't bother me or her in the slightest)

Also if you are not comfortable with it, it doesn't happen, not naturally anyway - evolution is cool like that - it respects our distorted ego's as necessary.

Problems start when people start to force the issue - either through distorted approaches to spiritual practises or via dodgy technology.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), ceetee9 (15th May 2012), Debra (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), JRS (15th May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), panopticon (15th May 2012), PurpleLama (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), Selene (15th May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

As I understand it, there NEVER has been privacy for us. It's just another illusion we have. We are watched and monitored every moment of our lives by many beings, so those who think that what they're doing in secret dark places, behind closed doors, violating another person or performing a vile human sacrifice underneath the Vatican, they're only fooling themselves.

Maybe if people realized that they're always being watched that they may take the time to act, say or think better thoughts.... THEY'RE WATCHING!
    Last edited by Maia Gabrial; 15th May 2012 at 02:45.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Alekahn (15th May 2012), Alex Laker (15th May 2012), Anchor (15th May 2012), ceetee9 (15th May 2012), Debra (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), Limor Wolf (15th May 2012), mahalall (30th June 2012), mojo (15th May 2012), Neal (15th May 2012), panopticon (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm of a mixed bag, on one hand I'd be very hesitant to open my mind to your average person because with how much sexual demonization still exists in society. I know that there are a lot of people who if they could see every thing I think, rather than just what I do, would probably be revolted and want to burn me at the stake. But then again, on the other hand if they saw everything that preceded it they might actually be more understanding and less judgmental. I just know I'm very careful who I allow to handle my baggage lest they decide to chuck me out the window with it!

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to the_vast_mystery For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), ceetee9 (15th May 2012), Debra (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), panopticon (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by the_vast_mystery (here)
    I'm of a mixed bag, on one hand I'd be very hesitant to open my mind to your average person because with how much sexual demonization still exists in society. I know that there are a lot of people who if they could see every thing I think, rather than just what I do, would probably be revolted and want to burn me at the stake. But then again, on the other hand if they saw everything that preceded it they might actually be more understanding and less judgmental. I just know I'm very careful who I allow to handle my baggage lest they decide to chuck me out the window with it!
    Ha! We're all so... human...
    Who am I to tell you what's real?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alex Laker For This Post:

ceetee9 (15th May 2012), Debra (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), Snoweagle (15th May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I speak telepathically with not only the species of Earth but those that are not of Earth (Alien). I am 72 y.o. and have had the ability to do this for as long as I can remember. For me, it is actually a more normal means of communication than speech.

I have never felt that communication at this level is an intrusion on my personal space as I am able to block it if I want to.

Also, I am not afraid of it. I believe it is the fear of this type of communication that makes Humans shy away from perfecting it as a means of communication.

If one wants to communicate with Alien species or other species on Earth, one must be able to do it telepathically because that is how they communicate.

Telepathy also allows for the use of phases/ideas/words that we do not have in the oral Human language...so it provides for a much more diverse and complete means of communication.

I have never attempted to invade the personal space of another species in order to know what they are thinking. IMO, that would be a grave intrusion into the other species' personal space. I believe that in this day and time there is far too much intrusion and lack of respect for the personal space of all species.

16. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

Alekahn (15th May 2012), Alex Laker (15th May 2012), Anchor (15th May 2012), ceetee9 (15th May 2012), chocolate (17th November 2013), Debra (15th May 2012), Fred Steeves (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), Hervé (16th May 2012), mind-scape (15th May 2012), mojo (15th May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), ozlemer (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), seko (15th May 2012), Selene (15th May 2012), Snoweagle (15th May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Telepathy is a natural thing. I think the more that people accept that their sudden thoughts about someone, or the feeling that thoughts are coming from someone is telepathic communication - then maybe we can really progress into accepting that transparency is both necessary and unavoidable.

However, if someone attempts to manipulate your thoughts, that is different - invasive.

Also, I think we have a function that we already use, and that is to put a personal, shield around ourselves, so we can have privacy too - or just to have a rest from the noise of the world and other dimensions. Animalspirits explains this quite well.

I am quite sure that I have had very strong telepathic communication between myself and people living 1000s of miles away. Always a lovely thing, and then to prove as well. Whenever I am in some distress, for example, there are key people who will be contacting me within hours. And I mean all of the key people in my life will contact me at these times.

I am also ''hearing'' more ''voices'' in my day to day. And I have started to accept this .. as ''others'' coming in ... their advice has been pretty sound too. When I tune in, I always ask for higher beings, those who have care for my highest good, to enter only. I have only discerned that I was in ''a conversation with ETs'' a couple of times. Most of my telepathic exchanges otherwise are with spirits passed, family members, and I think guides - still would like to know who they are.

I am still trying to work all of this out.

Nice thread,
    Zebra

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Alekahn (15th May 2012), Alex Laker (15th May 2012), ceetee9 (15th May 2012), Fred Steeves (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), panopticon (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), Selene (15th May 2012), Snoweagle (15th May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), unicorny (29th June 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Hi Araxes, I think being telepathic is our natural state of being, like many other things we've forgotten. Seems like it's time to start remembering again, so hell yes I'm all for it.

Cheers,
    Fred

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,323 times in 995 posts

YES... When it happens, I will feel that 'It's About Time!"

I Also feel The Reason we, as a species, has been having all these problems is Because we Cannot communicate effectively. With telepathy, this communication barrier is broken. No one could tell a lie, or be deceitful, as their deception or malfeasance could not be hidden.

Think of a World where Truth is All that is Known...

I Cherish this Thought!

In Unity, Peace and LOVE

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), ceetee9 (15th May 2012), Debra (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), Snoweagle (15th May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 times in 428 posts

I've experienced telepathy quite frequently. Sometimes it's subtle but sometimes, with some people, it's full on and conscious level. You can send and receive anything you can think like images, moving or still, music and other sounds, tactile sensations and smells and even completely abstract non verbal concepts that can't be communicated any other way like the visualisation of 4d objects or complex numbers for example. From my own experience the other person only hears what their partner wishes them to hear but it requires a level of internal discipline to keep it all clear. I try not to allow random thoughts in my head in any case but before I had that level of discipline I wasn't comfortable with telepathy.

It doesn't bother me now but there's no one in my life at the moment who can do it, they don't turn up often.

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to joedjemal For This Post:

Alekahn (15th May 2012), Alex Laker (15th May 2012), ceetee9 (15th May 2012), Debra (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), Hervé (16th May 2012), meat suit (15th May 2012), modwiz (15th May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), panopticon (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), seko (15th May 2012), Snoweagle (15th May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Lack of telepathy came about when we sought to deceive. The privacy of our inner sanctum is not violated by telepathy which is at a personal layer deeper than the one that is shared in telepathic communication. It is like the difference between a porch and the inside of the house. Problems arise when we want to deny or affirm the existence of a porch chair that is, or isn't, there. How we got to this deceptive place as common practice is another story. The native psychism of our species is assaulted and made invalid by our rearing.

To answer the question of the OP. To be honest, not completely, but only because of the frightful ignorance that creates lack of comprehension of the ways and morals of more enlightened minds. 9eagle9 and Jorr Lundstrom come to mind for me. They are often taken to task for their forward thinking opinions. Telepathy would not change this dynamic.

So, the basic answer to the OP is yes or no. The reasons for either are the story of how we, as a planetary people, got to the place we find ourselves currently.

25. Link to Post #14
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

G'day Araxes,

Excellent post and thread!

I say what I mean and mean what I say so no worries about being "caught out" in a lie though omissions and "white lies" are a general "sin" of any well meaning person under certain circumstances (yes, I will say "that tastes wonderful" if it would hurt my 83 year old Mothers feelings to say otherwise). So, though telepathy may make it harder to not hurt my Mothers feelings about her consommé and nigh on impossible to throw a surprise party, in general I view I would have little trouble with the experience.

In relation to telepathy being used in general surveillance or invasion of privacy.
    When people walk down the street they don't see or hear everything. Our perception is filtered by various factors that effect the way we see and interact with the world. I am not saying that we don't perceive everything on a subconscious/instinctual level rather that we are unable to consciously process the amount of information that our senses gather.

I don't think there would be any difference in telepathic/empathic perception. Yes, we would perceive the whole, but the level of conscious perception (or maybe "usable memory" would be better) of that whole would be limited, by our nature, and as a result reflective of our own understandings (ie we would still only "see" what we wanted to "see").

Interpersonal relations would be less manipulative as the conscious actions (or omissions) of an individual would be easier spotted (eg "games" played by individuals to control others) however this would not necessarily be the case with compulsive, habitual, pathological or chronic liars. Nor for that matter in the case of psychopaths who may not present immediately as liars, though their propensity for manipulation may well be easier spotted.

The need for the written word would still exist (unless telepathic communication is not limited by spatial and/or temporal factors, which I think would make the entire experience too over powering and render the individual non-responsive/autistic) so as to be able to convey information over both distance and time. I often read the writings of great minds from the past and telepathy would not assist in this nor in conveying my impressions/understandings to others without a certain physical proximity. Of course the distance factor may not be as relevant when the individuals are closely acquainted and directed communication may be possible in this instance (under certain circumstances) but still the general transference of information to an "unknown other" would be problematic if not impossible.
    Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), joedjemal (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), ThresholdRising (30th June 2012), unicorny (29th June 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

27. Link to Post #15
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

I would suggest that the need for secrets and deception is what shut down our collective telepathic abilities, but it is the continuing need to keep secrets from and to deceive ourselves that keeps said paradigm at bay.

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

I'm looking forward to it.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), Neal (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), WhiteFeather (15th May 2012)

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Im willing to try anything and yes i feel i might be comfortable. Besides I have a NY accent and wouldnt mind losing it to telepathics if so.
    We should be able to try it out for the first 30 days and see if it works for us. If it doesn't we can return it perhaps.
    I'm all for it. Our friends from the stars utilize this technique and it works for them.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), Debra (16th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), jorr lundstrom (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012), Wind (15th May 2012)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

i hardly get the telepathic messages but i do get esp with people i am close with, they will project something in thier mind and i will feel. it and feel what they are thinking and then a few moments later they will say what i heard them say in thier head happens all the time, one time my best friend projected a thorght that he wanted a snickers bar i mistook the thorght as my own and went to the shop to buy one as the urge was so strong, when he visited me you know what he had in his hand? you guessd it

ive done esp tests with my best friend too and they were 100 perfect no mistakes every picture he was visuaizing i saw very clearly jn my mind we were both taken back by it i knew thenn we have a spiritual connection, a very strong connection that even i couldnt understand.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to huyi82 For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), ceetee9 (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Im willing to try anything and yes i feel i might be comfortable. Besides I have a NY accent and wouldnt mind losing it to telepathics if so.
    We should be able to try it out for the first 30 days and see if it works for us. If it doesn't we can return it perhaps.
    I'm all for it. Our friends from the stars utilize this technique and it works for them.
    all i can say is be careful what you wish for, thankfully i cant read peoples minds at will they can only project a thorght that is strong with them at the time but if i had this gift 24/7 it would drive me mad knowing what everything is thinking all at once, has anyone watched the xmen films when professor X puts that helmet on and he can hear every thought from every human that is what it would feel like to have such a power.
    Last edited by huyi82; 15th May 2012 at 12:50.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to huyi82 For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012)

36. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Ha! I'd be fine with telepathy, it's everybody else who'd have the problem. I'd be designated a municipal mental health hazard. Perhaps I flatter myself lol.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Alex Laker (15th May 2012), GoingOn (23rd May 2012), NancyV (15th May 2012), PurpleLama (15th May 2012), RunningDeer (22nd May 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast