+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BANK RUNS! Panic & Despair or Glass-Steagall

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: BANK RUNS! Panic & Despair or Glass-Steagall

I have a friend sitting on over 100 gold coins, but not one bottle of water...

I'm more worried about a sun flare CME burst than I am a complete collapse of America, which as long as In God We Trust is on it we'll be fine...

banks can collapse, we're all in credit unions with over $2 Trillion in money not in the banking system, underground cash economy is why America is recovering so quickly from the recession.

Banks will take a spanking, but with 7 Billion people watching, they will have to accept defeat and move on, we all did in 08...

banks are at the highest profit levels since 08, which is the same with US economy, those trying to paint a bleak picture to give Romney a chance are having trouble making anyone believe it, because we are watching people getting hired that have been out of work for years...

it's not as bad as a handful would like you to believe...

let's see, how did that go, 33 in the left hand and...

2. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

I do not know many getting hired but that is another story. I see no difference between Rommey, Obama, or Bush so that was not my intention. I do believe you should have at least a weeks worth of food and water before you get gold though.

3. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

if we want to get out of debt, tax the printing press on derivatives and it will be gone in a year... 2nd year, wipe out the other nations...

bankers created this mess, fixing it really isn't that hard and no one needs to leave the Euro.

they start paying now or there is only collapse of their world to look forward to...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by risveglio (here)
    I do not know many getting hired but that is another story. I see no difference between Rommey, Obama, or Bush so that was not my intention. I do believe you should have at least a weeks worth of food and water before you get gold though.
    I'm not democrat or republican, I'm an American...

Bankers are flying under a different flag...

4. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

well when it first hits is the worst, San Diego was hit at Rush hour...

no gas and a parking lot in every direction...

nobody freaked, people were helping strangers, all in all it gave me a lot of hope for worst case scenario situations...

I see hope for all of us...

but dang, imagine no Avalon for a few months while transformers get replaced around the country...

no banks, no wall street...

just neighbors hanging out with neighbors getting by the best they can...

I do have a solar charger for my cell phone now though...

I'll be surfing Avalon while the generators are still running...

5. Link to Post #25
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

Quote Posted by risveglio (here)
    I do believe you should have at least a weeks worth of food and water before you get gold though.
    Another option, besides storage, for water, would be a water filter or two. A Berkey, a Katadyne and a nearby lake, stream or well with working hand pump ... should suffice to provide water for quite a while. Water is sufficiently essential that I would hate to be down to my last working filter.

Also be sure you have a plan, ready to put in action, for shelter and food, in the event that a foreseeable disaster (fire, war, riot, storm, monetary collapse, quake, tsunami, CME, ...) occurs.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

it is all in the timing, why would Chinese Banks be buying up refined copper? Because it's real...

Quote A Standard Chartered Bank report said about 600,000 tons of copper was added to the stockpiles held in Shanghai’s bonded warehouses in March. Fu Peng, chief analyst at Galaxy Futures Co., said as of May these stocks may have swelled to 800,000 tons.

A sizeable amount of that warehoused copper — 90% according to Standard Chartered — has been locked up by banks. The banks accepted the commodity as collateral from companies that took out loans last year after the Chinese government tightened credit access to cool inflation.

Copper Shorts

7. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

9eagle9 is on to something. There is a small segment of the population that are already buying up lots of hard liquor as a hedge against the fall. A quart of whiskey could be bartered for tons of stuff after the crash. I'm in on it and have begun to buy up quality, inexpensive whiskeys. Evan Williams, Jim Beam, etc. will be worth their weight in gold........or food.

And yes, the end is nigh. The devastating amount of debt cannot be repaid. There was never any intention of doing so either. The crash is planned, as was The Great Depression. This fall will be much, much worse. People knew how to fend for themselves in the 1930s. Now over half of us are dependent upon government hand outs. Those people will be trying to take what does not belong to them, forcefully if necessary. Chaos guaranteed.
    Last edited by conk; 4th June 2012 at 15:14.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

nearing (5th June 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2