+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mother of all anti-oxidants, glutathione. Make your own.

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

Default Re: Mother of all anti-oxidants, glutathione. Make your own.

Here is the model that I bought and am very happy with:

http://ultrasonicsdirect.com/shheuljeclst1.html

($198)

I can make 3 batches at one time in it which I then pour into old Perrier 750ml bottles and store in frig for the week - which for me is plenty. 3 batches uses up one and a half Perrier bottles. I drink about 4-6 shot glasses of the mixture every day.

One of the reasons I prefer this US machine over the first one I bought from Harbor freight ($30) beside the fact that the small one could only hold one batch is the cleanup. The small one has plastic that catches the drips and you cannot get the mix out of it after a while. Eventually, I imagine, it will short out.

The recipe:

[Keep in mind that I triple this for one batch in my larger US machine.]

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon ascorbic acid (aka AA) (if you want to skip the buffering process buy sodium ascorbate instead of the ascorbic acid) (Pure Bulk online site)
    1.5 teaspoons aluminum free baking soda (Bob's Red Mill) (local natural grocery store)
    3 tablespoons nonGMO soy lecithin granules (if you want to avoid soy, get sunflower lecithin and use 1 tablespoon) (local natural grocery store or online can find NOW brand)
    distilled water (I make my own)

Process:

--4 ounces distilled water and the AA go into a blender (or use stick blender)
    --add the baking soda a little at a time until the foaming calms down and then blend for a minute. (you are trying to get a neutral pH here so you may want to use Ph strips to be really sure)
    --add 8 ounces more distilled water and the lecithin and blend again for 2 minutes
    --put into US machine and let run for 30 minutes.
    --pour into dark glass bottles (old wine bottles work well)

One shot glass is about 1.5 grams of C with this recipe) I have taken a whole 750ml bottle of this in a day and not had any bowel problems, which you cannot do with plain AA - you will get diarrhea.

This group is a great source of ongoing experimentation and help. The people there had done this with Glutathione powder and other antioxidants as well.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/DIY-LET/

Let me know if you all have any questions.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

Arrowwind (6th June 2012), conk (6th June 2012), Eram (16th February 2013), Mad Hatter (6th June 2012), seko (6th June 2012), ThePythonicCow (6th June 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,842 times in 21,553 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I'm quite happy with the Intertek model "CD-7810A" that I have now, after wearing out the first one I had (pictured here).
    The first ultrasonic cleaner I had was the Sonic Wave CD-2800. The button to turn it on stopped working after a year (needed a hammer and chisel, literally, the last couple of times I used it.)

My second and current ultrasonic cleaner is the New Trent CD-7810 (it says Intertek on the label).

I just now found a somewhat larger model for less than $100, the Codyson CD-4820. Now I find myself wishing my current cleaner would die, so I'd have an excuse to get this one. My addiction to tools and gadgets is still going strong.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

conk (6th June 2012), Eram (16th February 2013), Mad Hatter (6th June 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,545 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by nearing (here)
    One shot glass is about 1.5 grams of C with this recipe) I have taken a whole 750ml bottle of this in a day and not had any bowel problems, which you cannot do with plain AA - you will get diarrhea.

This group is a great source of ongoing experimentation and help. The people there had done this with Glutathione powder and other antioxidants as well.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/DIY-LET/

Let me know if you all have any questions.

thank you nearing. I put this in my file... now a question for you.
    It would be worth a whole lot to have a vitamin c level drawn before consuming your 1.5 and then one hour after, of course after not doing vitamin c at all for a couple of days to be sure your system is clear.

At 1.5 ounces of the above mix what do you think your blood level rises to ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (16th February 2013), Mad Hatter (6th June 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2