+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Prometheus Movie Based Upon Reality? See TRUE ENCODED STARMAPS!

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member kathymarie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 times in 240 posts

Default Re: Prometheus Movie Based Upon Reality? See TRUE ENCODED STARMAPS!

I'm just headed out today to see this....but from what I've seen in the trailers and on...yes...I'll say it....Wikipedia...bwah ha ha....I think it may play into fears more than love and truth. But wouldn't that fit into the "keep 'em ignorant with just enough truth to confuse" playbook?
    [FONT="Impact"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]kathymarie

The mind is like a parachute--it works best when open.

2. Link to Post #62
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

I saw it a few weeks ago... Loved the premise, enjoyed the movie but it didn't give enough attention to really building the charector of the human precursors on the planet - who they were and why they wanted to kill us. All we knew was that they hated us with a passion and would stop at nothing to kill us.

If nothing else, I'm looking forward to a sequal, which does seem very much as if it would tackle those questions in detail....

3. Link to Post #63
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Well I just wanna know why the Space Jockeys use hard boiled eggs to control their ship!

Last edited by Star Tsar; 19th June 2012 at 09:09.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

nimmer (28th June 2012)

5. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member kathymarie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 times in 240 posts

I saw the movie and my first thought was it left too many unanswered questions beginning with the opening scene where giant alien (Titan, perhaps???-- to fit in with the Prometheus mythology) is on an unknown planet...primordial earth or another is unknown. Secondly, I thought the movie was slow and long, 2 hours and 4 minutes. However, I want to see it again....the more I reflected on the movie and the more research I did on Ridley Scott's original ideas which were dropped from the script helped me better understand the backstory. A couple of things struck me and I won't elaborate for "spoiler" reasons....but one was why Shaw asked for "caesarian" instead of "abortion" in the medi-doc ( I am not pro-abortion but if I had an alien thingy in my womb I don't think I'd be asking for a Caesarian and I've had 3 c-sections in real life)....and the second was the decapitated alien had been dead about 2000 years. Of course my mind immediately went to "why2000".....after reading Ridley Scott's comments on several sites I see the strong religious overtones to the movie. I loved the Alien franchise....well....for the most part....and like how Prometheus fits into that....and explains more of the Alien series than it does itself as a standalone franchise. Yes....I'll see it again. Some really good comments concerning the movie can be found at reddit.com in regard to thoughts about the connection to 2000 years ago. However when reading those opinions on reddit.com one needs to keep in mind Ridley Scott's interview in Esquire recently where he calls religion "the biggest source of Evil"....
    Last edited by kathymarie; 20th June 2012 at 14:38.
    [FONT="Impact"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]kathymarie

The mind is like a parachute--it works best when open.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kathymarie For This Post:

danceblackcatdance (20th June 2012)

7. Link to Post #65
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Quote Posted by kathymarie (here)
    I saw the movie and my first thought was it left too many unanswered questions beginning with the opening scene where giant alien (Titan, perhaps???-- to fit in with the Prometheus mythology) is on an unknown planet...primordial earth or another is unknown. Secondly, I thought the movie was slow and long, 2 hours and 4 minutes. However, I want to see it again....the more I reflected on the movie and the more research I did on Ridley Scott's original ideas which were dropped from the script helped me better understand the backstory. A couple of things struck me and I won't elaborate for "spoiler" reasons....but one was why Shaw asked for "caesarian" instead of "abortion" in the medi-doc ( I am not pro-abortion but if I had an alien thingy in my womb I don't think I'd be asking for a Caesarian and I've had 3 c-sections in real life)....and the second was the decapitated alien had been dead about 2000 years. Of course my mind immediately went to "why2000".....after reading Ridley Scott's comments on several sites I see the strong religious overtones to the movie. I loved the Alien franchise....well....for the most part....and like how Prometheus fits into that....and explains more of the Alien series than it does itself as a standalone franchise. Yes....I'll see it again. Some really good comments concerning the movie can be found at reddit.com in regard to thoughts about the connection to 2000 years ago. However when reading those opinions on reddit.com one needs to keep in mind Ridley Scott's interview in Esquire recently where he calls religion "the biggest source of Evil"....
    I haven't read the Esquire interview. I will try to catch up with the whole thing, as I know what the director wants is not always what the director gets, in terms of what we see in the theaters.

I don't expect that much from Hollywood - so I was not terribly let down in any way. I appreciate Bill Ryan's personal review -- yes, it probably could have been so much more. I could have endured a longer version with more detail. I really don't need the 30 minutes of trailers and adverts before the feature!

8. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajyana For This Post:

leavesoftrees (21st June 2012), Midnight Rambler (12th July 2012)

10. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,978 times in 1,576 posts

Default Great Amount of INFO in this Video IMO

This was shared to me via youtube by Exomatrixtv. Props to him. While I do not agree with the title of the video have a watch Very Very interesting IMO.

"A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

conk (19th September 2012), danceblackcatdance (18th September 2012), ghostrider (18th September 2012), Open your eyes (18th September 2012), spiritguide (18th September 2012)

12. Link to Post #68
    Avalon Member danceblackcatdance's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 times in 281 posts

Default Re: Great Amount of INFO in this Video IMO

Wayne Herschel's work v interesting worth checking his mad website too http://www.thehiddenrecords.com/
    Decoding ancient starmaps and archeological sites etc, looks like everything points towards the Pleiades...
    Scuse me typing on the ipad
    OOB NOOB

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danceblackcatdance For This Post:

conk (19th September 2012), Referee (18th September 2012)

14. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

The pyramids were built 70,000 years ago, star people from sirus/orion. We are lyrian/plejaren decendants.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

conk (19th September 2012)

16. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Although interesting. It could have been narated a little better. They need to loose the doom and gloom music and actually explain what they are talking about. It's kinda hard to focus on the subject at hand with all that shreaking in the background.

Ricker

17. Link to Post #71
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    The pyramids were built 70,000 years ago, star people from sirus/orion. We are lyrian/plejaren decendants.

No offense ghostrider, but how exactly do you KNOW that?

I mean, you write as though your words are FACT... but what evidence is there to support your statement?

Not saying what you said is BS... just curious to know why you are so sure about it.

Did you read It in a book or on a forum somewhere?

Did you see it in a video or documentary?

Did you remote view the past and observe it directly yourself?

... or what??

A lot of people say a lot of things about a lot of things... doesn't necessarily mean what they've said is the truth though.
    Last edited by D-Day; 22nd September 2012 at 22:53.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4