+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abandon Earth or Face Extinction, Stephen Hawking Warns

1. Link to Post #1
    Bomack

Default Abandon Earth or Face Extinction, Stephen Hawking Warns

The subtle disclosures appear to be ramping up. Here I only post quotes by the famous physicist. The full article is at: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...ephen-hawking/

Quote It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster on planet Earth in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand, or million. The human race shouldn't have all its eggs in one basket, or on one planet.

I see great dangers for the human race. There have been a number of times in the past when its survival has been a question of touch and go. The Cuban missile crisis in 1963 was one of these. The frequency of such occasions is likely to increase in the future.

But I'm an optimist. If we can avoid disaster for the next two centuries, our species should be safe, as we spread into space.

It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand or million. Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain inward looking on planet Earth but to spread out into space. We have made remarkable progress in the last hundred years. But if we want to continue beyond the next hundred years, our future is in space.
    Quote Time travel was once considered scientific heresy, and I used to avoid talking about it for fear of being labelled a crank. These days I’m not so cautious.

2. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Default Re: Abandon Earth or Face Extinction, Stephen Hawking Warns

How do we know this is really him saying this? Sounds like a lot of fear mongering to me.

3. Link to Post #3
    Bomack

Hi MargueriteBee,

Quote Posted by MargueriteBee (here)
    Sounds like a lot of fear mongering to me.
    Are you referring to me, or the statements made in the article? I'm only posting the latest news article, which is dated today.

Quote Posted by MargueriteBee (here)
    How do we know this is really him saying this?
    Well now that's a really good question! Most of us have seen pictures and videos of "The most famous physicist in the world", but how do we know what we're hearing him say is really him? What if he's a fabrication, invented by (?), in order to pass info/disinfo to the general public? I'm not stating that I believe this, but your question did get me to thinking about the possibility. And it seems like it would be a really easy thing to do.

Also it seems that I recollect that this person, some years back, was fairly adamant that we were the only intelligent life in the universe. If that is true then his beliefs certainly have changed over the years!

Here is a 'video' of him speaking on this article:

http://bigthink.com/ideas/21691

And here are several videos by him on The Discovery Channel:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/stephen-hawking/

Thanks!

Bob

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Chances for survival on Planet Earth could radically change if we become responsible and proactive towards our environment. Chances for survival off world could be far less until we find a planet to call home and then again at what price. Will history repeat itself, will we continue the same destructive behavior on other planets ? Our survival in my opinion depends more in our transformation into humans that can learn to live in peace and in harmony with our surroundings than on whether the planet will survive. Earth is billions of years old and the likelihood that it will survive another billion years is far more likely than the survival of humans. Using Logic and a bit of common sense within 100 years many inhabitants from Earth will move to Mars and consequently within 1000 years we will have visit many worlds, is within our nature to be adventurous.

Many many blessings to all.
    Last edited by frank samuel; 10th August 2010 at 01:19.

5. Link to Post #5
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Angry Re: Abandon Earth or Face Extinction, Stephen Hawking Warns

This is the second time Hawking is building a fear perception with issues of survival and aliens.
    It seems that he is controlled by TPTB. He has nothing to lose but his credibility.
    Why should he enter such a snake pit. I believe something is riding his tail.

AS for the content of the message.
    We, humanity need to evolve at a personal individual basis. That will create the mass change in government and perception.
    When one read a message addressing the need for central control or government. One can guess what is the information source.

Hope you got the message
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

6. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PathWalker (here)
    This is the second time Hawking is building a fear perception with issues of survival and aliens.
    It seems that he is controlled by TPTB. He has nothing to lose but his credibility.
    Why should he enter such a snake pit. I believe something is riding his tail.

AS for the content of the message.
    We, humanity need to evolve at a personal individual basis. That will create the mass change in government and perception.

yep

and notice the 100 year timeline, -> ionicly charged cloud

201049 [17:22:16] <+RAKMEiSTER> http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=nl
    201050 [17:22:40] <+RAKMEiSTER> doesnt load for me today http://cordis.europa.eu/fetch?CALLER...ION=&RCN=32138

his/theirs way of taking/telling it = negative fear etc etc
    thruth is positive , getting more higher vibrations here and everywhere in our solar system.
    said in a short manner, one could go on and type a a4 and it would still cover all its related to and has correlation to and where it leads to
    and its all about lll love light life whatever order

its all connected

parsed those links i typed in irc cause i dont have the link no more in browser,
    had to move out last week and thus life sets out a new path xd

lolzQ: does time now pass/feels/goes faster in the same time we exprerience it ;D
    Last edited by RAKMEiSTER; 25th August 2010 at 12:24. Reason: edited&better worded the funQ:

7. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member sunnyrap's Avatar
    Thanks

very sage advice PathWalker

8. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

In the immortal words of George Carlin: "The planet isn't going anywhere, we are! We're goin' away! Pack your sh*t folks ....the planet will still be here, and we'll be long gone. Just another failed mutation.... just another closed-end biological mistake.... an evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet will shake us off like a bad case of fleas.... a surface nuisance...."

I really miss that man....

Last edited by observer; 10th August 2010 at 02:39. Reason: spelling

9. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,947 times in 660 posts

Hello Observer

An excellent video for which I thank you. I had not heard of this chap before but I enjoyed it very much.

Love and peace to you my friend. JP

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Quote Posted by observer (here)
    In the immortal words of George Carlin: "The planet isn't going anywhere, we are! We're goin' away! Pack your sh*t folks ....the planet will still be here, and we'll be long gone. Just another failed mutation.... just another closed-end biological mistake.... an evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet will shake us off like a bad case of fleas.... a surface nuisance...."

I really miss that man....

Thanks Observer, George was always a hit and like you, I missed him!. But you gave me this one, thanks, even Stephen Hawkins would of loved this video.

All my blessings.

Deega

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,395 times in 4,617 posts

See, even Stephen Hawking who is so severely disabled keeps pointing to Stars and is it not a proof of victory of mind over matter .

Over any of our matters, what matters is mind shall know the better ..

12. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,395 times in 4,617 posts

New article :

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100809...e-6323e80.html

Hawking: Humans must colonise space

The human race must colonise space within the next two centuries or it will become extinct, Stephen Hawking has warned

Quote The renowned astrophysicist said he fears mankind is in great danger and its future "must be in space" if it is to survive.

In an interview with website Big Think he said threats to the existence of the human race, such as the 1963 Cuban missile crisis, are likely to increase in the future and plans to handle them must be put in place now.

"We shall need great care and judgment to negotiate them all successfully," he told Big Think.

"But I'm an optimist. If we can avoid disaster for the next two centuries, our species should be safe, as we spread into space."

Professor Hawking also warned that population rise and finite resources on Earth meant life was becoming increasingly dangerous and the only way to build upon the progress made over the last century was to look out to the rest of the galaxy.

He added: "That is why I'm in favour of manned, or should I say 'personed', space flight."

Earlier this year, Professor Hawking warned that exploring space may not be entirely without risk.

In a series for the Discovery Channel, he said humans should be wary about making contact with alien life forms as they may not be friendly.

We need more time...

13. Link to Post #13
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

hawking cant see the bigger picture, nor wants the TPTB it to be public knowledge

^ goes along side with my previous post

http://hardtruth.navhost.com/photonbelt.html

pleaides <3

+ Reply to Thread