+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 5 15 22 LastLast

Thread: A video they won't want you to see (Galen Winsor: nuclear scare scam)

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Default Re: A video they won't want you to see (Galen Winsor: nuclear scare scam)

Ok I have heard back from Ben Williams the gentleman that filmed and interviewed Galen Winsor in the video in the opening post of this thread. He gave me his phone number that I am not going to post here, and I will call him tomorrow and report back.

Date: Thu, June 28, 2012 10:30 am
    To: ben@benwilliamslibrary.com

Hi Ben,

I am a radio Journalist and your Galen Winsor video just came to my attention this morning. WOW!!

I am going to be helping to promote it as everyone needs to see this and know this.

So I am asking if I can talk with you because I have a lot of questions.

I am happy to call you and please feel free to call me if you want to.

I am so blown away at finding this information today.

Thank you!

Kimberley

Date: July 2, 2012 2:33:50 PM EDT

Hi Kimberley,

I just read your email. Sorry I didn't get back to you right away.

You are welcome to call me (number deleted). Unfortunately, I am not the expert. Galen was. He died a few years ago. He was in his 80's ... and never suffered from "radiation sickness."

It was a great loss when Galen left us. I know of no one else with his credentials willing to stand up and tell it like it is. Many of his colleagues admited to him that he was right, but none of them would risk exposure and possible loss of their status among their controlled peers.

I'm sorry to say I have no background in chemistry or physics like Galen did, and therefore am ill equipped to make the case for the things Galen brought to light. He was a regular visitor at my home and we became good friends. I had him speak a number of times to my group. I might add that Galen was not the only one I witnessed ingesting Uranium Oxide. I saw several do it ... and I did it too. That was 25 years ago. I also had the honor of introducing him before the prestigious Arizona Breakfast Club in Phoenix.

All the details I can offer are basically on the presentation we did back in 1986 (the one you saw). The original was on VHS. It sat in my library for a long time. Then I realized that if I didn't publish that interview that all the good and courageous work Galen did would disappear and be forgotten. So I put it on my website. Lots of people have seen it now, and Galen will not be forgotten. I can send you a DVD of the presentation if you like. Just let me know.

Ben Williams

Back at you after I talk with him..

Much Love to us all!!!

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (4th July 2012), Andrew (3rd July 2012), AuCo (13th July 2012), Bo Atkinson (4th July 2012), Bongo (3rd July 2012), brenie (3rd July 2012), D-Day (3rd July 2012), fifi (13th October 2012), Flash (7th July 2012), floweroflife (16th January 2013), kevlar (7th July 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (4th July 2012), ljwheat (3rd July 2012), mattymoto (4th July 2012), meat suit (3rd July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Referee (7th July 2012), SKIBADABOMSKI (3rd July 2012), Taurean (4th July 2012), Unified Serenity (3rd July 2012), zebowho (3rd July 2012)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Default Re: A video they won't want you to see (Galen Winsor: nuclear scare scam)

I decided to read this entire thread before watching the video. There are several things I’ve surmised and I’ll post them here:

1. Nuclear fission is the ultimate discovery of a process of free energy, and the ability to extract a few materials (depleted uranium) which were very important for the shadow black ops and many life affirming applications.

2. Electrical generation of power is just a cover for what nuclear reactors are really used for.

3. There might be an added ingredient in the process of nuclear fission which was inserted to create a chemical reaction to cause a false sense of radiation, when no actual radiation occurs from the pure process.

4. This is one of the biggest cover-ups of this century

5. Galen Windsor’s discoveries were released prior to Chernobyl or Three Mile Island, and those two events could have been staged false flags to keep the cover up alive, generate fear around nuclear plants, and to discredit the truth.

Needless to say, I have more questions than answers now as my head is spinning with 50 years of programming. When I was 8 years old, we used to have nuclear bomb drills in school where the sirens would go off and we had to crawl under our desks, put our heads in our lap, fold our hands over our heads, and pray to Mother Mary and Jesus, and ask for forgiveness and prepare for death.

This was all a scam? I put nothing past those evil bastards who run this planet, who understand human nature and just how to manipulate it better than anyone. This will, like others have suggested, require much corroborating evidence though in order to bust the trail wide open and purge that programming from my system, but here goes. Going to listen to the video.

We’ll see how I feel after watching it.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 3rd July 2012 at 01:26.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (4th July 2012), Chrononaut (9th April 2013), GoingOn (15th October 2012), gooty64 (30th August 2012), heyokah (5th July 2012), Kimberley (3rd July 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (4th July 2012), ljwheat (3rd July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Referee (7th July 2012), SKIBADABOMSKI (3rd July 2012), spiritguide (5th July 2012), TargeT (3rd July 2012), Taurean (4th July 2012)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    I have not jumped on this bandwagon. You go for a ride if you like. I will bide my time and wait for other scientists to come forward and confirm what he has to say with clear cut scientific studies... that I can read.. and that can be replicated by other scientists.... until that day I will maintain the position that nuclear waste is not something you want scattered all over the planet.
    I would just like to say that myself and others have not jumped on the band wagon of this as in we believe it blindly... absolutely not... but in fact that Galen Winsor has came out and said something completely contradictory to the normal believed info about radiation. So if you take that & the actual figures of deaths related to radiation from chernobyl & fukushima you see that the death toll really isnt that high which is contradictory to the fear pedaling information that gets put in the news papers where the masses expect the number to be massive. Now from the fallout, people staying in the chernobyl blast zone after the meltdown that didn't know that there actually was a meltdown were giving there kids & themselves contaminated food & water, the consumption of contaminated food & water has made the cancer rate go up in to the thousands (thyroid cancer mostly)... now take fukushima, the fallout hasn't caused a rise in cancer cases because no one or very little consumed any contaminated food or water due to residents being informed about the dangers.

Did you know that there are still 15,000 people still living within the "zone" of chernobyl, these people aren't dieing of cancer like the fear encrusted info from the newspapers & some scientists would leads us to believe.

so given the fact that there are still people living within the blast zone of chernobyl I would say that Galen Winsor has the benefit of the doubt for the time being & this subject deserves to be researched to raise our awareness of radiation & if there is truth to this its time to dispel the hold of fear that radiation has over us.

Galen says that he worked with nuclear material before their was regulations & this is how he found out about this information. Take an average nuclear scientist from after the nuclear regulations started, they would be taking the up most precautions to adhere to the guidelines because they think they would die, they quite literally would never have the same exposure to radiation that galen & others that worked before the regulations would have, and in doing so would be taking the nuclear regulations at there word & never testing them to see if these are ridiculously lower than needed. This is just an observation of how easy it would be to get people to not test this, if you test it you'll die... which is always a great deterrent.

Now the point I'm making is that with a little research of hard facts that does shine a little light on what Galen has said & even the nuclear boy scout 2 part documentary I posted on page 1 (I recommended people watch this), he's still alive & has no health defects whatsoever. This tells me that this subject absolutely needs investigating to alleviate peoples fears & reeducate people about radiation exposure.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bongo For This Post:

Andrew (3rd July 2012), Bo Atkinson (4th July 2012), D-Day (3rd July 2012), Kimberley (3rd July 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (4th July 2012), ljwheat (3rd July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), SKIBADABOMSKI (3rd July 2012), spiritguide (5th July 2012), TargeT (3rd July 2012)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    o.

We’ll see how I feel after watching it.
    I just talked with Ben Williams... I am going to do an audio interview with him on Monday July 9 and will post it after the fact. Just for starters... he told me that Galen died in his mid 80's , old age and perhaps connected to Parkinson disease....not from cancer or such.

Back at you soon!!

Much love!!

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (4th July 2012), Andrew (3rd July 2012), Bongo (3rd July 2012), Ceedub (11th July 2012), D-Day (3rd July 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (4th July 2012), ljwheat (3rd July 2012), meat suit (3rd July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Ontarioguy (5th July 2012), Referee (7th July 2012), spiritguide (5th July 2012), TargeT (3rd July 2012), Unified Serenity (3rd July 2012), zebowho (3rd July 2012)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

Summary of findings of a scientific study about effects of radiation from the Chernobyl accident:

http://www.who.int/ionizing_radiatio.../en/index.html

The greatest risk is to those who are exposed to high levels of radiation, i.e. those who put out the fire and the the army, power plant staff, local police and fire services who were initially involved in containing and cleaning up the radioactive debris.
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (4th July 2012), Kimberley (4th July 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (4th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), spiritguide (5th July 2012)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sdv (here)
    Summary of findings of a scientific study about effects of radiation from the Chernobyl accident:

http://www.who.int/ionizing_radiatio.../en/index.html

The greatest risk is to those who are exposed to high levels of radiation, i.e. those who put out the fire and the the army, power plant staff, local police and fire services who were initially involved in containing and cleaning up the radioactive debris.
    Good Find SDV! This is a very interesting article especially coming from from The World Health Organization (WHO)

I thought this was particularly interesting...

Quote Thyroid cancer

A large increase in the incidence of thyroid cancer has occurred among people who were young children and adolescents at the time of the accident and lived in the most contaminated areas of Belarus, the Russian Federation and Ukraine. This was due to the high levels of radioactive iodine released from the Chernobyl reactor in the early days after the accident. Radioactive iodine was deposited in pastures eaten by cows who then concentrated it in their milk which was subsequently drunk by children. This was further exacerbated by a general iodine deficiency in the local diet causing more of the radioactive iodine to be accumulated in the thyroid. Since radioactive iodine is short lived, if people had stopped giving locally supplied contaminated milk to children for a few months following the accident, it is likely that most of the increase in radiation-induced thyroid cancer would not have resulted.

In Belarus, the Russian Federation and Ukraine nearly 5 000 cases of thyroid cancer have now been diagnosed to date among children who were aged up to 18 years at the time of the accident. While a large number of these cancers resulted from radiation following the accident, intense medical monitoring for thyroid disease among the affected population has also resulted in the detection of thyroid cancers at a sub-clinical level, and so contributed to the overall increase in thyroid cancer numbers. Fortunately, even in children with advanced tumours, treatment has been highly effective and the general prognosis for young patients is good. However, they will need to take drugs for the rest of their lives to replace the loss of thyroid function. Further, there needs to be more study to evaluate the prognosis for children, especially those with distant metastases. It is expected that the increased incidence of thyroid cancer from Chernobyl will continue for many years, although the long-term magnitude of the risk is difficult to quantify.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (4th July 2012), ljwheat (3rd July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), spiritguide (5th July 2012)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

FYI when I had my update conversation interview last week with George & Cynthia Kavassilas I had ahead of time sent them the opening post video in this thread asked for their opinion about it ... that part of the conversation starts at 38 minutes into the interview...

Much love!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Andrew (4th July 2012), Bo Atkinson (4th July 2012), ljwheat (4th July 2012), spiritguide (5th July 2012)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 times in 666 posts

It seems to me that the bottom line is the amount of Taxation that the Governments of the World derive from the status quo.

Taxes, insurances, legalese, science, charities (small print) etc. are all constructed, in general, to confound Joe public so that in the end we don't really realize just how much we are being mugged for.

It is said that the reason why the debate over smoking and tobacco has dragged on so long is to give the industry time to restructure, and to slowly shift the taxation revenue from that industry, drip by drip on to another source or sources.

The taxation then goes to the "Private" Banks to pay the interest on the Government loans.

The Banks profits then get distributed to their shareholders. ( the Aristocracy )

Abundant source of info here - http://www.world-nuclear.org/education/ral.htm
    Last edited by Taurean; 4th July 2012 at 09:23.
    Sapere aude

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

Andrew (4th July 2012), Bo Atkinson (4th July 2012), Kimberley (4th July 2012), ljwheat (4th July 2012)

17. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,519 times in 831 posts

There is plenty i need to study yet, with head spinning yes...

So , really, i was kidding about taking a dive into reactor pools

We get plenty of 'radiation' and acid rain showers up here in Maine. We have a pretty high cancer rate up here too. No need for increasing cumulative effects

The main thing seems to be take pro-active steps towards advanced nutrition. Abandon the casual approach to depleted food sources. Stay alive with more comfort, to witness the amazing events of our times. At least some of us should try and stay alive and on avalon....

Even Keshe's 'new' energy systems seem to employ some kind of plasm-nano-nuke tech, although he has his own, very distinctive brand of terms, (which deserve better study than mine, so far).

I was especially interested in Keshe's 'press' like this:
    "Based on the analysis of nuclear and other atomic interactions and cosmological phenomena, Keshe developed a theory that fundamental plasmatic magnetic fields entangle to form double or multi magnetic fields." From:
    http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Keshe_Foundation

I almost wanted to join his forum which seemed welcoming. Except the question about open-source was not answered. Answered by Keshe, who's name at least appeared as a member taking public questions on his foundation's forum. So i figured there would not be answers concerning direct questions like the nuclear nature of Keshe's systems.
    Last edited by Bo Atkinson; 4th July 2012 at 10:23.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Kimberley (4th July 2012), ljwheat (4th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012)

19. Link to Post #90
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Utterly gobsmacked!!!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Kimberley (4th July 2012), ljwheat (4th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Ontarioguy (5th July 2012)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Should have figured it really.

They've been putting nuclear reactors in Submarines for long enough.
    Sapere aude

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (4th July 2012), Andrew (4th July 2012), gripreaper (10th July 2012), Kimberley (4th July 2012), ljwheat (4th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Ontarioguy (5th July 2012)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

and another thing - What does this say about the Van Allen Belt ?
    Sapere aude

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

Kimberley (4th July 2012), ljwheat (4th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Ontarioguy (5th July 2012), Referee (12th August 2012), Unified Serenity (5th July 2012)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Taurean (here)
    and another thing - What does this say about the Van Allen Belt ?
    Pete Peterson mentions in the camelot video that when your in a plane your getting equivalent of an X-Ray a minute (or something like that) doesn't seem to bother anybody. Also wouldn't any radiation leaked on Earth just make its way up to the radioactive shielding we have around the planet?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew For This Post:

Kimberley (4th July 2012), ljwheat (4th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Ontarioguy (5th July 2012), Unified Serenity (5th July 2012)

27. Link to Post #94
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,570 times in 870 posts

Quote Posted by Kimberley (here)

FYI when I had my update conversation interview last week with George & Cynthia Kavassilas I had ahead of time sent them the opening post video in this thread asked for their opinion about it ... that part of the conversation starts at 38 minutes into the interview...

Much love!
    Kimberly WOW, thank you very much, I’ve finished the E-Book totally, totally,--- the time and effort, those who do not want there idea’s or programming shaken or not broken will want to continue in shooting this man down, or stay away completely, getting near this kind of radiation of the heart will decently affect your eventual out come. For all those into self empowerment and uplifting one’s self out of paradigms and programming. Then jump in its all here in his e-book and this one of many interviews with a man coming from the heart and soul of his being. Great job Kimberly you Rock Girl. Much love. John xxx
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (8th July 2012), Kimberley (4th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Ontarioguy (5th July 2012), Referee (12th October 2012)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

This is interesting: (Flouride raises its ugly head in atom bombing)

"A captain in the medical corps addresses an April 1944 memo to Col. Stanford Warren, head of the Manhattan Project's Medical Section, expressing his concerns about atom bomb component fluoride's central nervous system (CNS) effects and asking for animal research to be done to determine the extent of these effects: "Clinical evidence suggests that uranium hexafluoride may have a rather marked central nervous system effect ... It seems most likely that the F [code for fluoride] component rather than the T [code for uranium] is the causative factor ... Since work with these compounds is essential, it will be necessary to know in advance what mental effects may occur after exposure." The following year, the Manhattan Project would begin human-based studies on fluoride's effects (Griffiths and Bryson).

The Manhattan Project medical team, led by the now infamous University of Rochester radiologist Col. Safford Warren, injects plutonium into patients at the University's teaching hospital, Strong Memorial (Burton Report)."

http://www.naturalnews.com/019189.html

Flouride & the A Bomb Program: http://www.whale.to/b/fluoride2.html
    Last edited by witchy1; 5th July 2012 at 12:36.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (8th July 2012), Kimberley (5th July 2012), ljwheat (5th July 2012), Ontarioguy (5th July 2012)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

THE MYTH OF PLUTONIUM TOXICITY - Bernard L. Cohen (1/3/1989)
    By Bernard L. Cohen, Department of Physics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"It is often argued that there is a great deal we do not know about Pu toxicity. While this may be true, one would be hard-pressed to name another public health issue that is as well understood and controlled. Surely it would not be air pollution from burning coal, which is a million times more serious a problem. Surely it is not food additives or insecticides or such [the dangers from these have also been greatly exaggerated] that may well be doing real harm to our health. Pu hazards are far better understood than any of these, and the one fatality per 300 years they may someday cause is truly trivial by comparison.

In spite of the facts we have cited here, facts well known in the scientific community, the myth of Pu toxicity lingers on. The news media ignore us, and prefer to continue scaring the public at every opportunity. They don't recognize the difference between political issues on which everyone is equally entitled to an opinion, and scientific issues, which are susceptible to scientific investigation and proof. The myth may linger forever."

http://www.fortfreedom.org/p22.htm

Uranium: Continuous uranium intake from drinking water, even at relatively high exposures, was not found to have cytotoxic effects on kidneys in humans.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16731292

PS - I love Google scholar
    Last edited by witchy1; 5th July 2012 at 13:37.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Andrew (5th July 2012), Bo Atkinson (7th July 2012), D-Day (6th July 2012), Hervé (10th July 2012), Joseph McAree (2nd April 2013), Kimberley (5th July 2012), ljwheat (5th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Ontarioguy (5th July 2012), spiritguide (5th July 2012)

33. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,570 times in 870 posts

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    THE MYTH OF PLUTONIUM TOXICITY - Bernard L. Cohen (1/3/1989)
    By Bernard L. Cohen, Department of Physics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"It is often argued that there is a great deal we do not know about Pu toxicity. While this may be true, one would be hard-pressed to name another public health issue that is as well understood and controlled. Surely it would not be air pollution from burning coal, which is a million times more serious a problem. Surely it is not food additives or insecticides or such [the dangers from these have also been greatly exaggerated] that may well be doing real harm to our health. Pu hazards are far better understood than any of these, and the one fatality per 300 years they may someday cause is truly trivial by comparison.

In spite of the facts we have cited here, facts well known in the scientific community, the myth of Pu toxicity lingers on. The news media ignore us, and prefer to continue scaring the public at every opportunity. They don't recognize the difference between political issues on which everyone is equally entitled to an opinion, and scientific issues, which are susceptible to scientific investigation and proof. The myth may linger forever."

http://www.fortfreedom.org/p22.htm

Uranium: Continuous uranium intake from drinking water, even at relatively high exposures, was not found to have cytotoxic effects on kidneys in humans.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16731292

PS - I love Google scholar
    Witchy1,

WOW, Great find, Many smoking guns, So the “GREASTEST” Toxic element on this planet is not something picked up or dug up out of the ground.

But is firmly imbedded in the public arena the most TOXIC of all is “ Main Stream Media” the cancer of humanity the unfettered Mouth. “Slight of mouth” is deadlier than the slight of hand, and out lasting the course of time. Book burnings and rewriting of history or a simple bi line, builds or destroys life as we know it.

Controlling the written word is the villain behind the mask never seen. The circus of words that roll into town on the wings of new found hope from the lips of the politician, destruction and poverty left in his wake.

All of humanity has been “SCAMMED” and we continue to pay for the devises that deliver it to our homes and our lives, Mass media controlling the mass mind of the planet, with Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather, and how to feel and look good with corporate consumerism and fashion.

Touching on the weakest part of the EGO “I WANT” I Need, I want more. External information is killing humanity as it looks right past its scammer with out noticing its even their. We’ve made the scammer our best friend, “I” phone. “I” pad. “I” TV. “I” can’t live with out it. And we wear it like a coat of armor and defent it with every dollar we spend. The heroin of humanity is outside of your heart information. External information is all scammed out, no stone has been left unturned. Galen Winsor has only shown us a short peak into how fare this deception has reached. Believe nothing, question everything - is good. John xxx Galen Winsor
    Last edited by ljwheat; 5th July 2012 at 15:33.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Andrew (5th July 2012), Bo Atkinson (8th July 2012), Eram (7th July 2012), Joseph McAree (2nd April 2013), Kimberley (5th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), witchy1 (6th July 2012)

35. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

I recall watching a documentary about radiation exposure on the BBC back in 2006 and being pretty amazed by the conclusions that they arrived at. I can’t find the documentary anywhere on youtube or google video’s but did find it here:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v141864872...ear+Nightmares

It’s 50 minutes long and well worth watching, but for those of you short on time I’ll summarize its content.

"In the 1920’s and 30’s, devices were sold that increased our exposure to radiation. One popular device was called a Radon Emanater which added radiation to drinking water. Radiation was in vogue. The word ‘Radium’ symbolized quality, today's equivalent of gold or platinum. ‘Radium Condoms’ , ‘Radium Cigarettes’ and ‘Radium Shoe Polish’ were examples of popular brands.

Scientists working with radiation began to suspect that it may have carcinogenic effects and this was confirmed after America dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima in 1945. Around 200,000 people died almost immediately in the initial blast. Thousands more survived but they had been exposed to higher levels of radiation than anyone ever had before. What happened these people? Was there a subsequent epidemic of cancers?

People within various zones of exposure were studied. Those up to 1000 meters away from ground zero, where the bomb hit, would have received an estimated 2000mSv (millisieverts (mSv) - the standard measure of radiation dose). 2000mSv is the equivalent dose of 20,000 chest X-Ray’s. 5000 meters out from ground zero the dose lowers to 5mSv (50 chest X-Rays).

In 1958, using data largely drawn from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the first study quantifying the relationship between radiation dose and cancer was published. The "Linear No-Threshold" (LNT) dose model that was formulated from the studies has been used ever since. It concludes that the higher the dose, the higher the risk of cancer. Exposure of up to 2000mSv increased the risk of cancer by about 10%. At 500mSv, the increased risk is about 3%. Nobody knew what was going on at doses lower than 200mSv. Scientists made the assumption that the trend continued all the way down to zero – ie zero exposure, zero increased risk. Or put another way, all radiation is dangerous and to be feared.

Any nuclear accidents were pounced on by the media and fear spread. In 1979 came Americas worst nuclear accident on 3 Mile Island, shaking their confidence in nuclear power, although there was no significant release of radiation. Then came Chernobyl and public fear escalated to an all time high. This was the second major radiation exposure event that scientists had the opportunity to study. Predicted deaths were based on the LNT model, even though most people received doses towards the unreliable bottom end of the graph.

200,000 workers were drafted to help clean up the mess in Chernobyl. They were exposed to about 500mSv. According to the LNT model, projected deaths were calculated to be around 2,200. Further out around the reactor, about 400,000 people got an average exposure dose of 25 mSv, predicting another 1,800 deaths. Further away in Kiev where about 5 million people live, the dose drops down to about 10mSv, another 5000 deaths, predicting a total of around 9,000 deaths according to the LNT dose model.

As of 2 decades later the reality was very different. In 2005 a report conducted by The Chernobyl Forum was released (made up of 9 UN organizations and the Belarus, Russian, and Ukrainian governments). Of the 200,000 workers exposed to the highest doses, there was a total of 47 deaths. Among the small dose exposure group, the forum have only found 1 group where cancers have significantly increased due to radiation exposure– childhood thyroid cancer. 9 children have died from this. That is it according to the Chernobyl Forum. A total of 56 deaths which can be directly attributed to radiation exposure. There may be more but there are so few that they are statistically undetectable. 56 deaths is less than the amount of people who die on Britain's roads every week. These numbers are hundreds of times lower than those predicted by the LNT model. Could it be that radiation is not as dangerous as we think?

Background radiation is everywhere on the planet, the average dose being 2.5 mSv / year. There are many places on Earth where the natural background radiation is tens or even hundreds of times higher than in the Chernobyl exclusion zone, yet no radiation attributed increase in cancers can be found. Data suggests the opposite may be the case.

Studies have been performed on cells taken from animals exposed to radiation in the Chernobyl region. They show that genes thought to have a strong role in cancer prevention have been switched on in animals exposed to the radiation. The studies suggest that low level radiation may be beneficial or harmless at the very least.

Radiophobia rather than radiation exposure may provide the biggest threat to our health."
    Last edited by David Hughes; 6th September 2018 at 08:24.

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to David Hughes For This Post:

161803398 (4th January 2013), Bo Atkinson (7th July 2012), Bongo (7th July 2012), Ceedub (12th July 2012), Eram (7th July 2012), heyokah (7th July 2012), Joseph McAree (2nd April 2013), Kimberley (7th July 2012), ljwheat (7th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), SKIBADABOMSKI (7th July 2012), witchy1 (8th July 2012)

37. Link to Post #99
    England Avalon Member SKIBADABOMSKI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,518 times in 458 posts

Thanks Dave great post.. and nice find.

I'm off to buy some land in Fukushima...

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SKIBADABOMSKI For This Post:

Joseph McAree (2nd April 2013), Kimberley (7th July 2012), ljwheat (7th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), witchy1 (8th July 2012)

39. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Quote Make of all that what you will. I would personally be of the opinion that even 1 death directly attributed to nuclear radiation is too much but the info does put a lot of the fear porn we see and read about radiation from the media in perspective.
    How many people have died for "Oil" - Millions

How many people have died in the production of "Coal" - Hundreds of Thousands"

How many people have died in the production of Nuclear Energy - Not many ( excluding False Flag sabotage )
    Sapere aude

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

Joseph McAree (2nd April 2013), Kimberley (7th July 2012), ljwheat (7th July 2012), NancyV (7th July 2012), Referee (12th October 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 5 15 22 LastLast