+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avalon event in Saint-Gobain, France, 11 August (Canceled - see Post #12)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Default Avalon event in Saint-Gobain, France, 11 August (Canceled - see Post #12)

-------

[Mod-edit: Regrettably, as of July 19, 2012, this event has been canceled. See Bill Ryan's Post #12 for details. -Paul.]

===

Dear Friends,

I've been invited to speak at an event at Saint-Gobain, France, in August. The date has NOT been confirmed, but is quite likely to be Saturday 11 August.

Saint-Gobain is between Paris and Brussels (140 km from Paris, and 220 km from Brussels):

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=saint-gobain+france

The event has been suggested by a Camelot and Avalon supporter who lives in France. We've only been talking about this for a few days, but he is very enthusiastic and has generously committed to cover the cost of my travel from Ecuador... which makes the event possible.

1) We need a team on the ground to help organize the event -- and also to be there on the day. That includes someone to do an alternating translation from my English to French (NOT a simultaneous translation).

2) I need a translator or translators to help me comunicate with the event sponsor (who does not speak good English, and my French is fairly weak ). This could be via Skype chat (so the real-time translation could be in writing.)

3) I need a translator or translators to help respond to e-mail enquiries about the event. (I'd create a new e-mail address specially for this.)

I'll post updates here on this thread, including confirmation of the date and venue, and all other details.

I've also sent this message to the members of the Avalon Translation Project (the French component of which is especially strong). Here's the very comprehensive page they maintain:

http://projectavalon.net/lang/fr/flag.html

Any queries, offers to assist in any way, or notifications of interest to attend, please PM me here with the subject SAINT-GOBAIN EVENT -- and/or e-mail me at bill@projectavalon.net with the same subject.

My warmest wishes to everyone -- Bill

Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 20th July 2012 at 03:34.

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

<8> (8th July 2012), Aviator (16th July 2012), bridgetlilstar (4th July 2012), Caren (3rd July 2012), christian (10th July 2012), Christine (2nd July 2012), D-Day (8th July 2012), Davidallany (20th July 2012), Eram (9th July 2012), Ernie Nemeth (7th July 2012), frances (2nd July 2012), jjjones (21st July 2012), kanishk (4th July 2012), ks4ever (7th July 2012), M6* (2nd July 2012), mab777 (19th July 2012), Mark (19th July 2012), NancyV (2nd July 2012), nomadguy (9th August 2012), Renne (13th July 2012), Rodrigo (2nd July 2012), shadowstalker (7th July 2012), sigma6 (8th July 2012), Snoweagle (6th September 2017), Timreh (3rd July 2012), Turcurulin (15th July 2012), Whiskey_Mystic (2nd July 2012), witchy1 (3rd July 2012), Woody (2nd July 2012), Yoda (6th July 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Default Re: Avalon event in Saint-Gobain, France, 11 August (Canceled - see Post #12)

Best of fortunes and good luck to you in this new adventure, Bill!
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

mab777 (19th July 2012), transitionalman (25th July 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Avalon event in Saint-Gobain, France, 11 August (Canceled - see Post #12)

I will do my best to attend. Please keep us updated.

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,289 times in 1,094 posts

Let's all thank the Camelot/Avalon supporter who lives in France for making it happen.

Whom ever you are I thank you for making this possible.....

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

bridgetlilstar (4th July 2012), Caren (3rd July 2012), D-Day (8th July 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (3rd July 2012), witchy1 (3rd July 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Generous's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a translator for you, i will contact him and see if he is available and willing. Will stay in touch

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

Way to go Bill! Wish I was there... good to see the networking of freedom loving supporters in action, what a beautiful thing. Best Wishes and may the force be with you.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

10. Link to Post #7
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's a great news.

And I'm really lucky cause Saint-Gobain is not far from where I leave and I will come for sure.
    I hope you will enjoy it

11. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sethotep (here)
    That's a great news.

And I'm really lucky cause Saint-Gobain is not far from where I leave and I will come for sure.
    I hope you will enjoy it
    Great! Very much looking forward to seeing you there.

(Generous, Ixopoborn, many thanks to you, too...)

*** Here's the announcement page in French:

http://projectavalon.net/Saint_Gobain/seminar_fr.html

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 9th July 2012 at 00:27.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Davidallany (20th July 2012), Eram (9th July 2012), GaelVictor (9th July 2012), Ixopoborn (15th July 2012), mountain_jim (10th July 2012), Yoda (9th July 2012)

13. Link to Post #9
    I came from Europe, lived long in Africa then Australia, now Switzerland
    Thanks

Just be carefull...

14. Link to Post #10
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Wish you a safe journey and if things pick up for me I will venture to the venue too, of course depending entirely on any unnatural occurrences between now and then.

15. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

-------

Important update: Marcel Messing has let me know that he'd be delighted to be there.
    From the Avalon interview page:
    Marcel Messing is a 21st century Renaissance Man: trained in anthropology, philosophy, and comparative religion, he is a writer, speaker, teacher and visionary for whom English is his fourth language. He has traveled widely, has studied in India, has written 25 books, and took time from writing his 26th to meet with me to give a fascinating interview in which he creates a strong bridge between the practical problems of our time, the plans and intentions of the controllers of Planet Earth, and our fundamental, unassailable, spiritual nature.

Marcel's own wake-up call occurred while visiting New York twenty years ago - a full decade before 9/11. Standing on top of the Empire State Building, he was looking at the Twin Towers... and saw them fall with his own eyes. Listen to the message that this remarkable man brings us in this video.

We're still discussing the format -- which might be that I interview him on stage (in English), while he responds, for the audience, in French. We'll also investigate simultaneous translation.

Clearly, there are a number of options. The event will still be free of charge, with a request for voluntary donations as Marcel's train fare from Brussels would need to be covered.

We already have several dozen people committed to attend. For those of you, reading this, who have already contacted me in one way or another, we'll be getting back to you soon with full details (maps, location, parking, train station, etc etc). The event will definitely be in Saint-Gobain on 11 August, will definitely be free of charge, and the doors will be opening at 09:30. It should be a good one.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Davidallany (20th July 2012), Ixopoborn (17th July 2012)

17. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

-------

Hi, All:

Our French sponsor has just now withdrawn his support -- for personal reasons -- and this now makes it impossible for the event to take place.

If we had more time, we could find a solution to this problem. But as I write this, the event is only 23 days away, and in practical terms this gives us no time to create a workaround.

I'd still like to come and visit my many friends (old and new!) in France, and do a presentation there. Marcel Messing, as I wrote yesterday in the above post, was very willing to jump in at very short notice.

I'll certainly let all the people who have contacted me know if we schedule another event. That would NOT be in Saint-Gobain, but would most likely be in Paris or Brussels -- either of which may be considerably easier to travel to. My sincere apologies to everyone who had been looking forward to the event, as I had been myself.

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

bridgetlilstar (20th July 2012), Chester (28th July 2012), Davidallany (20th July 2012), Eram (20th July 2012), Generous (20th July 2012), Hervé (19th July 2012), IndigoStar (2nd August 2012), Ixopoborn (20th July 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (20th July 2012), M6* (21st July 2012), Satkirn (24th July 2012), seko (20th July 2012), Snoweagle (24th July 2012), Turcurulin (19th July 2012), ulli (19th July 2012)

19. Link to Post #13
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,433 times in 21,489 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Our French sponsor has just now withdrawn his support -- for personal reasons -- and this now makes it impossible for the event to take place.
    Dang.

Would it make sense to add some sort of PS or Mod-Edit to the opening post of this thread, directing the readers attention to your latest post?

Or change the thread title, adding "(Canceled -- see Post #12)" ?

===

P.S. -- Done .
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 19th July 2012 at 22:32.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Eram (20th July 2012), Hervé (19th July 2012), Limor Wolf (19th July 2012), M6* (21st July 2012), Turcurulin (19th July 2012), ulli (19th July 2012)

21. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

I was intrigued by seeing this name appear at the top of the log in page.

St. Gobain is home to the royal glassworks of France starting in 1665. This is also the place and company that produced the glass panels for the I.M. Pei Pyramid at the Louvre Museum in Paris. Coincidentally St. Gobain is on a ley line I have identified that extends from the 315 deg TN angle suggested by the octagonal Tower of the Winds in Athens. The Tower of the Winds points right to St. Gobain.

This azimuth on the globe extends right to the middle of the earthen circle of Avebury as well. Orienting a subsequent axis towards an older known one is talismanic in nature and shows a connection in philosophy. This line travels right through the villiage of St. Gobain. St. Gobain is an Irish Saint who came to that region and was executed for being a Christian in the mid seventh century. Also interesting is the location of Venice on this alignment as well. Venice was the largest competitor of the St. Gobain glass works and many Venetian artisans came to St. Gobain to practice their trade.

While in St. Gobain note any imagery or symbology having to do with Athens, Venice, and Ireland. The Cathedral there has a large clover trinity design in its main window. There should be some symbology there that would back up what I am saying. Everyone have a great time and let us know what goes on!!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

heyokah (20th July 2012), M6* (21st July 2012), Midnight Rambler (8th August 2012), Satkirn (24th July 2012), Snoweagle (24th July 2012)

23. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Too bad this won't be happening. For future reference, I am an american that has been living in France for 20 years, and can help with translation work if that ever is needed in the future!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluesma For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th August 2012)

+ Reply to Thread