+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Police attempt to raid our garage sale... they are kicked to the curb!

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Default Police attempt to raid our garage sale... they are kicked to the curb!

This will make you feel pretty darn good! Know your rights!

Police try to examine what is for sale at a garage sale and get kicked to the curb.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

Default Re: Police attempt to raid our garage sale... they are kicked to the curb!

Police BANK on you NOT knowing your rights... I have avoided being arrested for BS reasons by knowing my rights. Police at the door ask to come in... NO SIR... they ask me to step out on the porch... NO SIR... Know your rights people. Learn it live it love it... or lose it. Great post. I love videos like this.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Police attempt to raid our garage sale... they are kicked to the curb!

hahahahahaha, brilliant. Here's a similar thing here in the UK about a person that knows their rights against a police man and woman who obviously don't know the law. Please ignore the accent, he's from Birmingham

People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours.

twitter:@armleywhite

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Simonm For This Post:

Gardener (6th July 2012), jjjones (6th July 2012), M6* (5th July 2012), Magnus (6th July 2012), Maia Gabrial (5th July 2012), modwiz (5th July 2012), NancyV (5th July 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (6th July 2012), RUSirius (5th July 2012), Turcurulin (5th July 2012), Woody (5th July 2012)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

Sweet, Anyone have any similar videos and sights that can show us more of our rights and police being confronted with the LAW which they are supposed to represent? It has already been proven in court that THEY can lie to us but if WE lie to them we go to jail. I want to see read more.

6. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 times in 343 posts

Hi US, great video.
    Agree with GoodeTXSG above.
    You have to know your rights and memorize them.
    They really do not expect this and are obviously dumbfounded that these people actually know thier rights.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to toothpick For This Post:

M6* (5th July 2012), Maia Gabrial (5th July 2012), modwiz (5th July 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (6th July 2012), spiritguide (5th July 2012), Turcurulin (5th July 2012), Woody (5th July 2012)

8. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

9. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

There is the one we saw recently over the officer getting schooled on right to carry and not be interrogated, I can't find that one yet, but here are some other good ones:

and this one

and this one

This one starts at :33

A scared citizen trying to stop a citizen from exercising their right

If parents did not get so up in arms children would not be so afraid. Out where I live, kids do not freak out when someone has a gun. Hell, everyone has them. It's paranoid anti-gun crowd who instills fear.

10. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,295 times in 8,660 posts

Is this the one you are looking for, US?

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Fred Steeves (5th July 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (6th July 2012), Turcurulin (5th July 2012)

12. Link to Post #9
    England Avalon Member markenty13's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a video from the uk where private security try and take on a busker -

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to markenty13 For This Post:

brenie (5th July 2012), Gardener (6th July 2012), Lifebringer (5th July 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (6th July 2012), Turcurulin (5th July 2012)

14. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    Is this the one you are looking for, US?

Yes, that's the one. Thanks for pulling it up. I don't think cops have it easy in this issue of open carry. I would be less comfortable seeing someone walking down the street carrying a shotgun, rifle or pistol IN their hand than upon their person say in a holster or a sling over their shoulder. We do after all have some nuts who go around and shoot 30 odd people at one time, and imagine the outcry if that happened and people reported the guy was walking around with such and such weapon and no one approached him. I don't envy the good cops having to deal with this situation. They really are between a rock and a hard place. At the same time, the media and anti-gun crowd has spent decades demonizing guns and it's this irrational fear that has brought us to this junction.

I am not a flaming gay, but if it had not been for the Queens and flamers in the 70's and 80's being out and proud then the average "normal" gay / lesbian would not enjoy the minimal freedoms they have to just be together in public. Thus, these people are making a point about open carry, and they are acting within their rights. Locks and laws are not for the average non-criminal. They are there to keep honest people honest and not tempted, and they are there to punish those who are not. Outlawing guns has not made cities like Washington D.C. and New York safer. No, the criminals by definition do not care about the law and they know honest citizens do so they have an unarmed mostly helpless population at their whims.

15. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

These are great teaching videos. Thank you all!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Robert J. Niewiadomski (6th July 2012)

17. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

If that would have been a black women or man, they would have been shot as soon as the gun was in view, thrown on the ground bleeding and waiting for them to finish searching the property, before calling an ambulance. Ya'll world is the black man's heaven, since WE haven't seen this type of respect for our US citizenship. And NO, I absolutely am not being a racist, just stating a fact. In the words of my caucasian daughter-in-law when she had to live w/us because of a move transition and saw what we had to go through in daily life while accompanying us: "Are you frigging kiddin me?! For real are you friggin kidding me came up every single day, at least 4 times a day. Can you imagine the nerves of the AA race under such oppressive and unfair injustice or respect daily. And then to not even have access to meds for depression to keep trudging up the treadmill that speeds up or changes with the next President or representative?
    It's just something that is so blatant everyday, when we too would like to forget the unfairness of it all. The soul cannot rest in injustice. Heaven really should be here on Earth, if they were to really follow the word of God and Jesus, but the greedy have made our lives a living hell, and the few that rise, do drugs sometimes because the rules still change, even after a black President was elected. I haven't seen such unfair, or disrespectful behavior from our caucasian veterans, brothers and sisters since I remember Kennedy dying for equality and put through the same thing as Lincoln, King, Jesus, Malcolm, and numerous others unfairly treated or murdered, for speaking their conscious for HUMANITY.

We are doing this now here, but we AA are told to "get over it." The past is the past, but until all the little strings of discrimination and white supremacy and privelege are out of the consciousness of the country, then the karma from the universe will look at the leadership from Greece to Rome until current UK and say: "Hey, WE gave them the rule, and once again, look at the murder, wars, and unfairness of how their pride of color, makes them treat others who welcome them in their hearts, only to be treated like dirt.

If we are to truly find our hearts and minds, it begins in America/home first. Is that not what we are striving for, humanity and peace. There is NO peace in hate, no rest for those mistreated daily, unitl the consciousness of love of your fellowman/woman is over flowing and you do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

Godspeed on the journey of peace and prosperity of soul America. WE don't have to be "Babylon" even if the "ptw" are.
    Golden rule has always been part of AA history. Used to be they stood with whomever had love for their neighbor regardless of color or race, now it's a toss up between parties pushing the insecure and indicisive's buttons and playing them for fools every election. AMERICA, WE started this party, now let's get it right.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

modwiz (6th July 2012), pilotsimone (5th July 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (6th July 2012), Unified Serenity (6th July 2012)

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by GoodeTXSG (here)
    Sweet, Anyone have any similar videos and sights that can show us more of our rights and police being confronted with the LAW which they are supposed to represent? It has already been proven in court that THEY can lie to us but if WE lie to them we go to jail. I want to see read more.
    I had a personal experience a couple of months ago ... nothing conclusive, just an upwelling, questioning the rightfulness of a situation.

I've spent last Christmas holiday in my home country Holland (so I am there as visitor so to speak). Then I saw some policemen cruising through
    a mall (Amsterdam) with their car, crossing pedestrian paths, bicycle paths etc. They were not in a hurry or on a emergency call or something.

I think they don't have permission to do that without a good reason that will exempt them from law as applying to all citizens.
    I felt like getting over to them and confront them with it. But then again it was my holiday and while being a visitor I didn't want to get in trouble.
    Although I know for a very long time (by other experiences) already that they are breaking the law all the time, this was blatantly and out in the
    open, publicly very visible. Most people won't even notice.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Fred Steeves (5th July 2012), Maia Gabrial (6th July 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (6th July 2012), Unified Serenity (6th July 2012)

21. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    If that would have been a black women or man, they would have been shot as soon as the gun was in view, thrown on the ground bleeding and waiting for them to finish searching the property, before calling an ambulance. Ya'll world is the black man's heaven, since WE haven't seen this type of respect for our US citizenship. And NO, I absolutely am not being a racist, just stating a fact. In the words of my caucasian daughter-in-law when she had to live w/us because of a move transition and saw what we had to go through in daily life while accompanying us: "Are you frigging kiddin me?! For real are you friggin kidding me came up every single day, at least 4 times a day. Can you imagine the nerves of the AA race under such oppressive and unfair injustice or respect daily. And then to not even have access to meds for depression to keep trudging up the treadmill that speeds up or changes with the next President or representative?
    It's just something that is so blatant everyday, when we too would like to forget the unfairness of it all. The soul cannot rest in injustice. Heaven really should be here on Earth, if they were to really follow the word of God and Jesus, but the greedy have made our lives a living hell, and the few that rise, do drugs sometimes because the rules still change, even after a black President was elected. I haven't seen such unfair, or disrespectful behavior from our caucasian veterans, brothers and sisters since I remember Kennedy dying for equality and put through the same thing as Lincoln, King, Jesus, Malcolm, and numerous others unfairly treated or murdered, for speaking their conscious for HUMANITY.

We are doing this now here, but we AA are told to "get over it." The past is the past, but until all the little strings of discrimination and white supremacy and privelege are out of the consciousness of the country, then the karma from the universe will look at the leadership from Greece to Rome until current UK and say: "Hey, WE gave them the rule, and once again, look at the murder, wars, and unfairness of how their pride of color, makes them treat others who welcome them in their hearts, only to be treated like dirt.

If we are to truly find our hearts and minds, it begins in America/home first. Is that not what we are striving for, humanity and peace. There is NO peace in hate, no rest for those mistreated daily, unitl the consciousness of love of your fellowman/woman is over flowing and you do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

Godspeed on the journey of peace and prosperity of soul America. WE don't have to be "Babylon" even if the "ptw" are.
    Golden rule has always been part of AA history. Used to be they stood with whomever had love for their neighbor regardless of color or race, now it's a toss up between parties pushing the insecure and indicisive's buttons and playing them for fools every election. AMERICA, WE started this party, now let's get it right.
    Lifebringer,

I am truly sorry for what you have experienced. I cannot imagine what it is like to live in the AA community, and yet I do know what it is like to be on the receiving end of some very nasty attitudes and treatment against me by blacks where I have worked or gone shopping or just trying to enjoy a dinner or movie and they show no care or respect for those around them. Hatred, anger, and blame of a race for what someone did will not help healing. I know I am not alone regarding the harassment I have encountered on the job by blacks including supervisors, co-workers or employees under my supervisory level. I have encountered this palpable double standard treatment. Let me give you one example:

When I worked for the police department for five years, the section I was in was about 40/60 % black and white. The blacks did not make small talk with us. They did not include us in any after work activities, and they made snide remarks which we could hear clearly. They regularly did not pull their fair share of the workload, and while the black supervisor had a job to do, not once in 5 years did I see her reprimand a black co-worker for a mistake, and they could show up 10 to 15 minutes late daily, but let one white co-worker be late or do the slightest thing wrong and they would be reprimanded and scolded like a child in front of everyone. It was highly unprofessional and one sided. When reviews came up, the black co-workers regularly received "excels" on their evaluation and the white co-workers would get "meets" which translated in different raises. Do I blame all black people for this? Do I act rude and cuss at them or say snide things with my white co-workers about them? No, I don't. I believe in the golden rule of treating others as you want to be treated.

I cannot help what happened to anyone by anther in their life. I am not responsible for it. I don't hate the black people because of my ill treatment, I simply know it when I see it and experience it, and quite frankly, I have encountered this behavior many times in the past 20 years. I come from a mixed family, Hispanic and Caucasian. I grew up among military and we had all races to our house almost nightly as my mom was like the squardon mother. The boys would show up with food and she cooked and they are some of my fondest memories. There is an intense hatred I feel coming from blacks in society in general in some areas of the country. North Florida is quite bad, but not all the time. I live in a small town and we are all pretty congenial here, but in the larger city area it's awful. When I moved out to Texarkana back in 1991 for a very short time, I was floored with how well the black and white community interacted. I felt like I had left planet earth compared to N. Florida. Quite frankly, every race has been abused, including white people in the 1700's and 1800's. Blacks do not have the market cornered on mistreatment. Many do not know that per capita more Blacks owned Slaves than did Whites. In New Orleans it was nearly 26% blacks owning black slaves. In the South is was 5% whites owning slaves. Most whites were poor and in actuality, slavery kept wages down in the the south and were no help to the average white person. Ending Slavery was actually a blessing for the poor whites who could finally get a job.

Hatred breeds hatred. Until people stop propagating it then there will be no healing. Sadly, it's too easy to race bait and blame, and make money. Amazingly, Chris Rock makes a ton of money complaining about how the white man has and still is keeping teh black man down. Last time I looked, Chris Rock was doing pretty damn well. There is far less discrimination today than there was for my parents generation and far less from then to their grandparents generation. The constant beating of the "poor me" drum has gotten old. There is opportunity for anyone who wants to work hard and earn it. No one owes me or anyone else anything except to get the heavy hand of government off our backs and stop supporting corporate welfare and ending the central banks.

I agree with you about healing and as my mother once said, if every white person would get to black best friends and every black person would get two white best friends we might end this senseless crap.
    Last edited by Unified Serenity; 5th July 2012 at 21:28.

22. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    This will make you feel pretty darn good! Know your rights!

Police try to examine what is for sale at a garage sale and get kicked to the curb.
    Great find US, thak you for that! Another priceless one. You know, this is something that has been on my mind much recently, and I have a dichotomy of thoughts on the matter. On the one hand, I have all of the respect in the world for what cops are SUPPOSED TO DO, which is TO PROTECT AND SERVE, and I would back up any cop, any day, doing their true job of putting true criminals behind bars.

On the other hand, I see the constant harrassment of average everyday people, and I think: " You know, if you guys would just do your real job, which is to get the bad guys, in a professional manner, and not prey upon scared and timid people, we would never have a problem with one another, as there would be mutual respect.

I especially liked how that arrogant cop in the beginning said "I know who YOU are". Now just what does that mean? YOU, as in someone who stops bullies like him from just doing whatever it is they feel like doing? Well guess what? I would consider it an honor to be know by bullies as THAT kind of a person. It's not that informed people are going out hunting for these encounters, these encounters come more and more hunting for us.

Let me just end my little rant, by saying please try to be as respectful as possible during an encounter. Posting right here in this forum is excellent practice by the way. Don't forget, cops are people too, and they are brainwashed just like everyone else. 9 times out of 10 if you present yourself as determined, intelligent, well spoken, and respectful, good things will happen.

Cheers,
    Fred

23. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I agree Fred. There is a different attitude compairing the police vs. Sheriff where I used to live and worked with the police. It was sort of a joke within the department that if there was a loud party call or dispute call that we would send out 20 police who would play politics and the Sheriff would send one deputy who would get out of their cruiser with a shotgun, pump it once and say, "Is there a problem here?" There were a ton more police per capita than deputies and that played a lot into the attitude I think. When there are so few deputies they get a more in your face and "take care of business" attitude while the police were more talking and working things out. Some citizens much preferred dealing with deputies and others preferred the police. No matter what, I have instructed my son that if he gets pulled over, follow instructions, do not ever say anything rude or confrontational and practice Southern politeness of Yes sir and No sir. Most people do not carry cameras around with them ready to record whatever a cop does. Cell phones work, but many just don't hit the video button. It's best not to get into an unnecessary confrontation with them.

Knowing your rights is great, but don't play hero either is my rule of survival.

24. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

delete post
    Last edited by pilotsimone; 17th July 2015 at 09:33.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

Fred Steeves (6th July 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (6th July 2012), sdv (6th July 2012)

26. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 times in 873 posts

Info below might be usefull to prepare for OP described incidents in the future.

Quote ACLU app lets Android users secretly tape the police
    (CNET) The American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey has released an Android app designed to be used by people who want to secretly record police activity without running the risk that the mobile device will be seized.

Called Police Tape, the free app allows the user to record video and audio discreetly. For one thing, the app disappears from a phone's screen when the recording begins. For another, it can send a copy of the recording to the ACLU-New Jersey for backup storage and analysis of potential civil liberties violations.

It is similar to the Stop and Frisk Watch app for Android released last month by the New York Civil Liberties Union, which stops filming when the device is shaken and alerts people when other app users in the area are recording police activity. Both apps also provide legal information about citizens' rights when dealing with police.

Police and citizens have realized how helpful video recorded from mobile phones can be for investigations into claims of police brutality and misconduct, particularly during protests and arrests - Rodney King being the most prominent case. Police have been known to seize mobile devices used to record altercations and even arrest citizens doing the recording.

Several courts have affirmed the right of citizens to record police actions. A federal appeals court ordered the city of Boston to pay $170,000 to a man prosecuted under criminal wiretap laws for using his cell phone to record an arrest in a landmark case from last summer. Another appeals court struck down an Illinois law in May 2012 that had made it illegal for citizens to record police officers while on duty. And earlier this year the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice affirmed the constitutional rights of citizens to record the police in public.

"This app provides an essential tool for police accountability," ACLU-NJ Executive Director Deborah Jacobs said in a statement. "Too often incidents of serious misconduct go unreported because citizens don't feel that they will be believed. Here, the technology empowers citizens to place a check on police power directly."

An iOS version of Police Tape is expected later this summer.

This article originally appeared on CNET.
    Source (CBSNEWS): http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...tionContent.10
    ACLU website: http://www.aclu-nj.org/yourrights/the-app-place/
    NYCLU website: http://www.nyclu.org/app
    Best wishes and free energy to all
    Robert

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert J. Niewiadomski For This Post:

mountain_jim (6th July 2012)

+ Reply to Thread