+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Aleister Crowley Questions

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Aleister Crowley Questions

I was just wondering, do the people of this board find any merit behind the magicks that Crowley developed i.e. The Golden Dawn, Thelema etc?

Or are these under the Black umbrella?

2. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Default Re: Aleister Crowley Questions

Quote Posted by Moemers (here)
    I was just wondering, do the people of this board find any merit behind the magicks that Crowley developed i.e. The Golden Dawn, Thelema etc?

Or are these under the Black umbrella?
    If one follows the evidential trail far enough, Moemers, one eventually discovers the inevitable connection to the Draconian Reptiles of the lower astral plane. Aleister Crowley is a perfect example of one more link in that evidential trail.

David Icke has written extensively on Mr. Crowley and his association to the Luciferian connection (Draconian Reptiles). You might want to read what David has to say about Mr. Crowley in, "The Biggest Secret":

Chapter Twelve - "The Black Sun": http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bi...stsecret12.htm

And again in Chapter Fifteen - "Satan's Children:
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bi...stsecret15.htm

I trust you will find this informative....

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I figured I'd find some Icke stuff on him.

Unfortunately, to the extent of my knowledge, Crowley never sacrificed a human. Instead, his "sacrifice" was more sexual than physical.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Moemers; 11th August 2010 at 02:39.

4. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Crowley has some bad PR going for him that is for sure, not helped by the fact that he liked to sign himself as "the beast" etc.

http://hermetic.com/crowley/

Quote Aleister Crowley (Oct. 12, 1875–Dec. 1, 1947) – however one judges him – was a fascinating man who lived an amazing life. He is best known as being an infamous occultist and the scribe of The Book of the Law, which introduced Thelema to the world. Crowley was an influential member in several occult organizations, including the Golden Dawn, the A∴A∴, and Ordo Templi Orientis. He was a prolific writer and poet, a world traveler, mountaineer, chess master, artist, yogi, social provocateur, drug addict and sexual libertine. The press loved to demonize him and dubbed Crowley “The wickedest man in the world.”
    He certainly wrote well, and some of his essays are a good read: here is an example: http://hermetic.com/crowley/eight-lectures-on-yoga/

John..
    Last edited by Anchor; 11th August 2010 at 03:57.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Moemers (10th February 2012), seko (8th February 2012)

6. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I figured I'd find some Icke stuff on him.

Unfortunately, to the extent of my knowledge, Crowley never sacrificed a human. Instead, his "sacrifice" was more sexual than physical.

Anyone else?
    Dennis Wheatley..the author of such books as "The Devil Rides Out" and "To the Devil..a Daughter" always maintained that Crowley summoned the "Beast" and was never the same afterwards. By all accounts that I've ever read about him..Human sacrifice never figured..lots of sex and symbolism of course..but never murder..as far as we know

Rimbaud

7. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

I figured I'd find some Icke stuff on him....
    The way you penned this statement, it sounds (to me) that you have a bit of disdain for Icke.

I don't believe David is suggesting that Crowley was a sacrificer of children (there's simply no evidence leading to that conclusion). Although, in Crowley's case, there is quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that he traveled in circles that MAY have been involved in child sacrifice.

Rather, David is pointing-out Crowley held a high regard for certain individuals that DID actually sacrifice children (by their own admission). Just as in "high places" within today's environment, there is clear evidence that the sacrifice of children is being preformed.

One must always attempt to see the connection to the "big picture" whenever looking at the individual jigsaw pieces. The point being; allowing one's self to be open to these dark forces from the lower fourth dimension inevitably leads to some form of possession, and thereby becoming a tool of these dark forces, ergo, Crowley being a perfect example....
    Last edited by observer; 11th August 2010 at 11:54. Reason: add clarification

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Here's a thought what if Crowley's reputation as a sacrificer of children comes from stealing their innocence. Most likely we have all read the references to his sexual perversity in the hopes of gaining higher abilities. It's just a thought.
    Layers upon Layers...when will people wake up and stop playing their game?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shairia For This Post:

baddbob (25th December 2011), seko (9th February 2012)

10. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rimbaud (here)
    Dennis Wheatley..the author of such books as "The Devil Rides Out" and "To the Devil..a Daughter" always maintained that Crowley summoned the "Beast" and was never the same afterwards. By all accounts that I've ever read about him..Human sacrifice never figured..lots of sex and symbolism of course..but never murder..as far as we know

Rimbaud
    Crowley bought an estate in Scotland for the purpose of performing the ritual of Abramelin, apparently one of the most profound in ceremonial magick. Halfway through, he quit, leaving whatever he conjured in the estate. Not a terribly good idea to abandon a ritual in the middle.

http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Aleister_Crowley.htm

Quote Posted by observer (here)
    The way you penned this statement, it sounds (to me) that you have a bit of disdain for Icke.

I don't believe David is suggesting that Crowley was a sacrificer of children (there's simply no evidence leading to that conclusion). Although, in Crowley's case, there is quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that he traveled in circles that MAY have been involved in child sacrifice.

Rather, David is pointing-out Crowley held a high regard for certain individuals that DID actually sacrifice children (by their own admission). Just as in "high places" within today's environment, there is clear evidence that the sacrifice of children is being preformed.

One must always attempt to see the connection to the "big picture" whenever looking at the individual jigsaw pieces. The point being; allowing one's self to be open to these dark forces from the lower fourth dimension inevitably leads to some form of possession, and thereby becoming a tool of these dark forces, ergo, Crowley being a perfect example....
    0 disdain for Icke -I'm a big fan- except that he uses the same arguments that Christians use against him, alleging child sacrifice (it was in the second link you gave me) and not reading as deeply into Crowley as one should in order to grasp him...

Quote Posted by Shairia (here)
    Here's a thought what if Crowley's reputation as a sacrificer of children comes from stealing their innocence. Most likely we have all read the references to his sexual perversity in the hopes of gaining higher abilities. It's just a thought.
    I don't think, from my reading, that he ever had sex with children.

The quote that everyone uses, even David Icke in the second link that Observer kindly posted, is choosing a male child for the performance. From my understanding, this "male child of perfect innocence" was one unborn...his semen.

I'm sorry to come in and start refuting all these posts when I originally asked the question, I know that seems anathema to what my original purpose was, but I see discrepancies and it's hard for me to live with them sometimes.

11. Link to Post #9
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Crowley bought an estate in Scotland for the purpose of performing the ritual of Abramelin, apparently one of the most profound in ceremonial magick. Halfway through, he quit, leaving whatever he conjured in the estate. Not a terribly good idea to abandon a ritual in the middle.

http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Aleister_Crowley.htm

0 disdain for Icke -I'm a big fan- except that he uses the same arguments that Christians use against him, alleging child sacrifice (it was in the second link you gave me) and not reading as deeply into Crowley as one should in order to grasp him...

I don't think, from my reading, that he ever had sex with children.

The quote that everyone uses, even David Icke in the second link that Observer kindly posted, is choosing a male child for the performance. From my understanding, this "male child of perfect innocence" was one unborn...his semen.

I'm sorry to come in and start refuting all these posts when I originally asked the question, I know that seems anathema to what my original purpose was, but I see discrepancies and it's hard for me to live with them sometimes.
    Jimmy Page of Rock star fame bought the Crowley estate and owned it for some time. It over looks Loch Ness.
    Quite a few Rock stars were interested in Crowley.
    chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

crowely owned another estate - this one was in cefalu, (sicily (italy), occupying most beatiful vantage point on a rock above the bay...we were on holiday, criss-crossing sicily and my boyfriend at the time fancied a strenious walk up the goat's path and to that vantage point ...so we found ourselves in front of this, one time beautifu, stone farm house ..i did not know the story about the house at the time, but to me it felt strangely manacing..it was ababnodoned and it looked it was abandoned for decades...my boyfriend thought it strange that noone owned it, particularly as it was so beautifully situated....i did not want to set my foot in there, but my boyfriend did and shouted back about soemthing on the floor looking like a star inside a circle..i yelled back saying not to step inside that circle - i got so excersised, my boyfriend thought i'd gone mad - by then i was convinced the house was jinxed...the whole location oozed menace..i am not exaggerating..

months later i watched a documentary about crawley on bbc and the very same house in sicily was featured as his last residence..so pleased i trusted my gut feeling....there's nothing around the house to say crawley lived there..i suppose it's because the town elders don't want to draw strange crowds, or to scare off regular visitors..i'd have been grateful if there was a warning, a pluck, something.....don't ever go near there...feels hideous.... l

13. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

]I don't think, from my reading, that he ever had sex with children.

I'm sorry to come in and start refuting all these posts when I originally asked the question, I know that seems anathema to what my original purpose was, but I see discrepancies and it's hard for me to live with them sometimes

I'm pleased you pointed this out. I am not that familiar with Crowley but I find what little I have read fascinating.
    Layers upon Layers...when will people wake up and stop playing their game?

14. Link to Post #12
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

[QUOTE=Moemers;43155]Crowley bought an estate in Scotland for the purpose of performing the ritual of Abramelin, apparently one of the most profound in ceremonial magick. Halfway through, he quit, leaving whatever he conjured in the estate. Not a terribly good idea to abandon a ritual in the middle.

he obviously bit more than he was able to chew.
    in that case its "wise" to abandon...

15. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Who can really comment on the man except those who knew him personally; and none of those are still alive.
    I have studied the majority of his material in depth, and can say that he was a brilliant man, an innovative magician, and a notorious figure with a bad reputation that is mostly undeserving.

As a member of the H.O.G.D., the I can comment that none of what you mention are under any kind of 'evil umbrella', but are sources of learning, like any other. In fact, many of these orders are the only surviving sources of sacred knowledge left, including Masonry. I ask you, don't judge any of them on based on what you hear online or through typical conspiracy sources; much of the B.S. that gets spewed, especially with Freemasonry, is the direct result of ignorance and misunderstanding.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Solphilos For This Post:

Aurvandil (15th November 2011)

17. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

only thing that comes to my mind when i hear Crowleys name is the devil...wonder why.

18. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote he obviously bit more than he was able to chew.
    in that case its "wise" to abandon...
    I'm pretty sure Crowley quit due to boredom. He was more than capable of finishing what he started.

Quote Posted by Solphilos (here)
    Who can really comment on the man except those who knew him personally; and none of those are still alive.
    I have studied the majority of his material in depth, and can say that he was a brilliant man, an innovative magician, and a notorious figure with a bad reputation that is mostly undeserving.

As a member of the H.O.G.D., the I can comment that none of what you mention are under any kind of 'evil umbrella', but are sources of learning, like any other. In fact, many of these orders are the only surviving sources of sacred knowledge left, including Masonry. I ask you, don't judge any of them on based on what you hear online or through typical conspiracy sources; much of the B.S. that gets spewed, especially with Freemasonry, is the direct result of ignorance and misunderstanding.
    This is what I was interested in. Thank you very much!

19. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure Crowley quit due to boredom. He was more than capable of finishing what he started.

This is what I was interested in. Thank you very much!
    Your welcome. My own path has led me through the western mystery tradition for most of this incarnation, and if you have any further questions within that area I'd be more than happy to help. L.V.X
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

20. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Solphilos:
    Quote Who can really comment on the man except those who knew him personally; and none of those are still alive.

dear solphilos and moemers

you are not likely to generate much interest in satanism on this forum.

surely, it is not a result of ignorance to qualify crawley's wisdom luciferian/satanic.. l

21. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Care to define Satanism?

Ism-denoting a system, principle, or ideological movement. Correct?

Satan-late latin and Greek from the hebrew word, which literally means adversary.

So the ideological movement of being the adversarial?

I think that, using Satan to mean the opposite of God, or the light, is much too dogmatic.

I think it's so easy to throw a ton of systems under one header and call it a day. Shouldn't there be some exploration of these ideas past condemnation?

22. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lightblue (here)
    Solphilos:

dear solphilos and moemers

you are not likely to generate much interest in satanism on this forum.

surely, it is not a result of ignorance to qualify crawley's wisdom luciferian/satanic.. l

First, the intention of my post was to respond to a question I felt obliged to answer, given my experience with the subject.

Second, your opposition and ignorance of the topic does not in the least matter to me. Label it what you will, I put truth above all things and will continue to light a candle for those who seek light.
    Last edited by Solphilos; 11th August 2010 at 22:08.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

23. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Care to define Satanism?

Ism-denoting a system, principle, or ideological movement. Correct?

Satan-late latin and Greek from the hebrew word, which literally means adversary.

So the ideological movement of being the adversarial?

I think that, using Satan to mean the opposite of God, or the light, is much too dogmatic.

I think it's so easy to throw a ton of systems under one header and call it a day. Shouldn't there be some exploration of these ideas past condemnation?

in a style of a true demagogue, you are wishing to relativise the meaning of satan/adversary...i'd say you are not likely to get past the lucent spirits of avalon...i'd also say service to self ideas are not worth exploring on this forum...do you have other interests? l

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast