+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Thread: Flash mob overruns Jacksonville, Florida Walmart

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Default Flash mob overruns Jacksonville, Florida Walmart

So, this is what we have to look forward to? I wonder how proud their families are of them, and if we are about to see a lot more of this behavior. Yes, they are owed and they look so downtrodden with their phones, bling, and lawless mindsets:

===

[Mod-edit:
    Following added by myself, copying text from another Youtube video on this, at https://youtube.com/watch?v=BPq0O9wa4pQ. -Paul.]

A flash mob recently overran a Northwest Jacksonville Walmart, damaging merchandise, as well as the store's security system. Police say over 300 people stormed the store. Police have not made any arrests yet.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 18th July 2012 at 03:51.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member GCS1103's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 times in 585 posts

Default Re: Flash mob overruns Jacksonville, Florida Walmart

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    So, this is what we have to look forward to? I wonder how proud their families are of them, and if we are about to see a lot more of this behavior. Yes, they are owed and they look so downtrodden with their phones, bling, and lawless mindsets:

What is going on there??? Where did this happen?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Post:

Ishtar (18th July 2012), Ontarioguy (18th July 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

This was a flash mob that overran a walmart. It was over 300 black youths in Jacksonville Florida.

5. Link to Post #4
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

I rarely look at posted videos. I'm old school, if you have a point make it yourself. Anyway, is this thread about Obama sending these people to be disruptive or something? He actually put these people up to this???????? After all, 'brought to you by Obama' seems to indicate that he is the cause of this and not the actual people themselves. I have trouble with such logic. Go figure.

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I am so very truly sorry for leaving you in such a state of confusion modwiz. Let me spell it out for you:

Obama and his policies encourage lawlessness. There is that simple enough for you? I won't try to explain it anymore deeply. We deserve the government we have, and this is the outcome of the nanny state.

I wonder which one of those children would look like his son.

7. Link to Post #6
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I am so very truly sorry for leaving you in such a state of confusion modwiz. Let me spell it out for you:

Obama and his policies encourage lawlessness. There is that simple enough for you? I won't try to explain it anymore deeply. We deserve the government we have, and this is the outcome of the nanny state.

I wonder which one of those children would look like his son.
    I feigned the confusion, but thank you for confirming what I believed was your point. Did Sean Hannity already cover this?

8. Link to Post #7
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

I just changed the thread title, from "Brought to you by Obama", to "Flash mob overruns Jacksonville, Florida Walmart".

I see nothing in particular regarding Obama in this thread subject; he's just the current American President Puppet. Bush, Clinton and Bush were no more lawful.

P.S. -- I also added a little more text to the opening post. Please, when posting Youtube videos, state what's in them.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 18th July 2012 at 03:52.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

9. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

buckminster fuller (19th July 2012), Christine (19th July 2012), Falcor (18th July 2012), Fred Steeves (18th July 2012), gigha (18th July 2012), ginnyk (18th July 2012), gripreaper (18th July 2012), heysoulsister (18th July 2012), InnerChiHealer (19th July 2012), Ishtar (18th July 2012), K626 (19th July 2012), Ki's (18th July 2012), modwiz (18th July 2012), mountain_jim (18th July 2012), RunningDeer (18th July 2012), seko (18th July 2012), spiritguide (18th July 2012), toothpick (21st July 2012), Turcurulin (19th July 2012), ulli (18th July 2012), WhiteFeather (18th July 2012), write4change (20th July 2012), yuhui (18th July 2012)

10. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I just changed the thread title, from "Brought to you by Obama", to "Flash mob overruns Jacksonville, Florida Walmart".

I see nothing in particular regarding Obama in this thread subject; he's just the current American President Puppet. Bush, Clinton and Bush were no more lawful.

P.S. -- I also added a little more text to the opening post. Please, when posting Youtube videos, state what's in them.
    Thanks for recognizing this phenomenon here Paul. It seems, especially lately, we are being introduced to about a dozen 1 to 2 hour video's a day, qualified with. "A must see", or check this out, really great video...it is impossible for anyone to keep up with that many video's so how are we to choose which one to spend two hours on?

Let's see if you can find the other thread just started with a two hour video, yet nothing about it's contents at all. I hope Avalon doesn't become You Tube by proxy.

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Christine (19th July 2012), Earth Angel (18th July 2012), gigha (18th July 2012), Ishtar (18th July 2012), modwiz (18th July 2012), mountain_jim (18th July 2012), RunningDeer (18th July 2012), sandy (18th July 2012), seko (18th July 2012), spiritguide (18th July 2012), ThePythonicCow (18th July 2012), ulli (18th July 2012), WhiteFeather (18th July 2012)

12. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes, we have a problem. Yes, there are some correlations between race and those most likely to exemplify this problem, in the manner such as those in this "flash mob." It is a deep problem, with roots going back centuries, at least. Yes, we have corrupt American Presidents (and I presume some leaders in other nations as well.) That corruption too goes back a ways; it was not introduced by the current President Obama, but rather has controlled and corrupted every President in recent decades, if not longer.

Let's not get caught on the horns of racial or political divisions. Such elements, though present, only distract us from seeing further into the nature of our problems, and only deter us from improving matters.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    Let's see if you can find the other thread just started with a two hour video, yet nothing about it's contents at all. I hope Avalon doesn't become You Tube by proxy.
    Are you referring to this thread: Higgs Boson proves intelligent design? ?

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Carmody (18th July 2012), Christine (19th July 2012), Fred Steeves (18th July 2012), gigha (18th July 2012), Ishtar (18th July 2012), Ki's (18th July 2012), LarryC (18th July 2012), modwiz (18th July 2012), mountain_jim (18th July 2012), RunningDeer (18th July 2012), seko (18th July 2012), TelosianEmbrace (18th July 2012), ulli (18th July 2012), WhiteFeather (18th July 2012)

14. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Yes, we have a problem. Yes, there are some correlations between race and those most likely to exemplify this problem, in the manner such as those in this "flash mob." It is a deep problem, with roots going back centuries, at least. Yes, we have corrupt American Presidents (and I presume some leaders in other nations as well.) That corruption too goes back a ways; it was not introduced by the current President Obama, but rather has controlled and corrupted every President in recent decades, if not longer.

Let's not get caught on the horns of racial or political divisions. Such elements, though present, only distract us from seeing further into the nature of our problems, and only deter us from improving matters.
    If Obama is a tool of the cabal, he was probably chosen because he makes a convenient scapegoat for many white Americans. They can't resist focusing on him, so they don't look to see who's pulling the strings. And, naturally racial issues are always good for dividing people.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LarryC For This Post:

Cartomancer (18th July 2012), Chester (18th July 2012), ginnyk (18th July 2012), intruth (20th July 2012), K626 (19th July 2012), Ki's (18th July 2012), modwiz (18th July 2012), Star Tsar (20th July 2012), WhiteFeather (18th July 2012)

16. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

funny, it seems to be a particular problem with certain groups and not others of late. Maybe we should hope others will balance the scales? um no, but it would make comparing others so much easier. How does Sean Hannity come into this at all? The mob did what they did, their demographics are what they are, and the attitude of lawlessness seems to be the name of the game.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by LarryC (here)

If Obama is a tool of the cabal, he was probably chosen because he makes a convenient scapegoat for many white Americans. They can't resist focusing on him, so they don't look to see who's pulling the strings. And, naturally racial issues are always good for dividing people.
    Yes, we white American's are to blame, see it's whitey's fault. Oh but wait, we did after all elect him and without our stupid support we wouldn't have him. Go figure a bunch of dumb white bigots are still to blame for what some do in the black community. We must stay pc all the time or is it pa?

17. Link to Post #12
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,900 times in 15,481 posts

Not much to do with Obama nor his predecessors...

... would you believe that it has to do with the music industry investing in private prisons?

Well, here are some data:

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    And... about "Rap":

From: http://duncanofinioan.wordpress.com/...uncategorized/

Also see this PA thread here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...nged-Rap-Music

“The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation”

Quote [...]

Between the late 80′s and early 90’s, I was what you may call a “decision maker” with one of the more established company in the music industry. I came from Europe in the early 80’s and quickly established myself in the business. The industry was different back then. Since technology and media weren’t accessible to people like they are today, the industry had more control over the public and had the means to influence them anyway it wanted. This may explain why in early 1991, I was invited to attend a closed door meeting with a small group of music business insiders to discuss rap music’s new direction. Little did I know that we would be asked to participate in one of the most unethical and destructive business practice I’ve ever seen.

[...]

The subject quickly changed as the speaker went on to tell us that the respective companies we represented had invested in a very profitable industry which could become even more rewarding with our active involvement. He explained that the companies we work for had invested millions into the building of privately owned prisons and that our positions of influence in the music industry would actually impact the profitability of these investments. I remember many of us in the group immediately looking at each other in confusion. At the time, I didn’t know what a private prison was but I wasn’t the only one

[...]

As the months passed, rap music had definitely changed direction. I was never a fan of it but even I could tell the difference. Rap acts that talked about politics or harmless fun were quickly fading away as gangster rap started dominating the airwaves. Only a few months had passed since the meeting but I suspect that the ideas presented that day had been successfully implemented. It was as if the order has been given to all major label executives. The music was climbing the charts and most companies when more than happy to capitalize on it. Each one was churning out their very own gangster rap acts on an assembly line. Everyone bought into it, consumers included. Violence and drug use became a central theme in most rap music. I spoke to a few of my peers in the industry to get their opinions on the new trend but was told repeatedly that it was all about supply and demand. Sadly many of them even expressed that the music reinforced their prejudice of minorities.

[...]
    Whether true or urban legend, the end result is the same... someone else posted something (see Ernie Nemeth's post here and his recent thread here: Incarceration as a form of vengeance ) about said private prisons flourishing in Canada as well.
    Well, may be Cheney and his Halliburton/KBR stuff might have a hand in those prisons and their building...
    Last edited by Hervé; 18th July 2012 at 04:30.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Chester (18th July 2012), Maia Gabrial (18th July 2012), TargeT (19th July 2012), truth4me (19th July 2012), Turcurulin (19th July 2012)

19. Link to Post #13
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

My bad US. I never belonged in this thread.

20. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes, we white American's are to blame, see it's whitey's fault.
    Playing the blame game, whether seriously or tongue in cheek, risks being a divisive distraction.

The demographics are what they are; but our choice of where to focus our attention, even as we remain aware of the demographics and politics, is our choice to make.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (18th July 2012), Alan (18th July 2012), Bo Atkinson (18th July 2012), buckminster fuller (19th July 2012), Cartomancer (18th July 2012), gigha (18th July 2012), heyokah (19th July 2012), intruth (20th July 2012), Ki's (18th July 2012), RunningDeer (18th July 2012), write4change (20th July 2012)

22. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

here''s a video of a robbery where a 71 year old man fires back.

I sure don't want to see us lose our second amendment rights.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ases-door.html

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Cartomancer (18th July 2012), modwiz (18th July 2012), RMorgan (19th July 2012)

24. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Not to sound racist, but the media is really soft selling these riots as flash mobs. Flash mobs are when folks sudden gather and engage in fun and harmless activity followed by an equally sudden dispersal. The looting of Wally World is an organized riot. Like locust they suddenly appear and by sheer force of numbers overwhelm the staff. The media should call it what it is.

BTW, the degenerates responsible are totally unprepared for either the earth changes that are upon us or the impending economic collapse. In the latter, since they have no food or other emergency supplies (but they are probably armed), they will descend like locusts upon your neighborhood (unless you're outside the city). As said in the era of tall ships and iron men, "Standby to repel boarders!"

25. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Lost Soul For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (18th July 2012), Carmody (18th July 2012), Chester (18th July 2012), GCS1103 (18th July 2012), gigha (18th July 2012), Holly Lindin (19th July 2012), ljwheat (18th July 2012), RMorgan (19th July 2012), RunningDeer (18th July 2012), seko (18th July 2012), TargeT (19th July 2012), ThePythonicCow (18th July 2012), ulli (18th July 2012), Unified Serenity (18th July 2012), write4change (20th July 2012)

26. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Errrr, two comments or thoughts: The great grandparents of these rioters (don't really know another word for it) were abducted BY WHITE MEN from their home villages where they were minding their own business, packed onto slave ships and bought and sold like so much cattle. They were murdered if they tried to learn to read. Fast forward a couple of generations, and they were subjected to institutionalized racism that prevented them, for the most part, from being full first class citizens in the country that now is the only one they know. Fast forward to now, and you have a generation that was raised by children from broken homes, who themselves were raised by children from broken homes, in an economy that's going downhill rapidly for all to see. Meanwhile, we glorify corporate raiders like Mitt Romney (apparently a true felon as an adult, as well as a teenager playing 'pranks') and he's considered, in a farce upon an obscenity, as presidential material.

Look for a lot more like this to happen. Wait til the **** really hits the fan, and the good suburban housewives in their pretty outfits, makeup and nice cars, will be doing the same thing. So will you.
    Like Bob Dean said, "they know that after a day without food, you'll steal, and after a week without food, you'll kill for it.' I think he was being optimistic.

I don't mind the video being posted but I strongly object to the obvious racism in the discussion.

27. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to frozen alchemy For This Post:

aranuk (18th July 2012), Bo Atkinson (18th July 2012), Cartomancer (18th July 2012), ginnyk (18th July 2012), haibane (19th July 2012), Holly Lindin (19th July 2012), Ki's (18th July 2012), mountain_jim (18th July 2012), Nortreb (18th July 2012), PHARAOH (18th July 2012), seko (18th July 2012), Star Tsar (19th July 2012), Strat (18th July 2012), Turcurulin (18th July 2012), ulli (18th July 2012), Wind (18th July 2012)

28. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

I looked at the video and whilst I would not like to have been there really I do not think this is a riot. Indeed we do not see the end. Did the youths leave suddenly, as in a flash mob? There seems to be no actual rioting. The baskets of apples were untouched, no one threw them around, and there seemed to be no smashing of goods etc., just noisy hooting and yelling, and actually lots of laughing and smiling. Look at it carefully--- this isn't a riot.

That said it is inconsiderate and upsetting, perhaps even frightening, for the shoppers in the store because it could so easily get out of control and nasty. As I said i would not be comfortable being there, BUT, I do not think there is anything that anyone could be charged with. There is no violence, no stealing and no inciting. It's a flash mob.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (18th July 2012), Arrowwind (18th July 2012), Bo Atkinson (18th July 2012), Cartomancer (18th July 2012), Dennis Leahy (18th July 2012), selinam (18th July 2012), Turcurulin (18th July 2012)

30. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Agreed it could have been a lot worse (they could have easily cleaned that store out to the bare walls) but the amount of people and the general atmosphere was guaranteed to strike fear into anyone else in the store, including especially the employees, who would have felt some duty to intervene and possibly escalate the situation into something violent.

My view of a flash mob is one where people suddenly get together and do a dance routine or something of the sort (easily found on YT).

This was one step off violent and was certainly lawbreaking. I imagine a lot of merchandise went missing.

What comes next in this scenario for the store? Armed guards at the doors?

31. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

How far the mind can fling when confronted with ingrainded sterotypes and prejudice.

this is the most racist page of bull**** Ive seen on avelon.

32. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (18th July 2012), aranuk (18th July 2012), Cartomancer (18th July 2012), crosby (18th July 2012), Dennis Leahy (18th July 2012), gigha (18th July 2012), ginnyk (18th July 2012), heyokah (19th July 2012), Ki's (18th July 2012), PHARAOH (18th July 2012), seko (18th July 2012), Star Tsar (19th July 2012), Turcurulin (19th July 2012), ulli (18th July 2012), write4change (20th July 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast