+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Internet Defense League - Project to protect the freedom of the Internet

1. Link to Post #1
    Ilie Pandia

Default Internet Defense League - Project to protect the freedom of the Internet

Hello,

A new project was brought to my attention today and it is called: Internet Defense League:

http://internetdefenseleague.org/

They have build an early notification platform that can be used to broadcast a message all over the world about something important having to do with our Internet liberties.

They seem to have helped with stopping SOPA (at least for now).

So if you are a webmaster you may be interested in this and joining the group.

In short, you will get a code snippet to install on your site. When necessary that code will display a message on top of your webpage that your visitors get to see. This will happen with all the websites that have joined, having a great potential to raise awareness about an issue.

This is also a very cool idea of implementing an early warning system (or emergency broadcast system) over the internet! Of course as a webmaster, you need to trust them when installing that third party code.

PS: In case you're wondering we did not install this on the Project Avalon server (at least not yet), but I did subscribe via email to their alerts and I'll monitor them.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

To see this in action visit this page: http://fightforthefuture.org/
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 20th July 2012 at 05:56. Reason: fix spelling error :)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

astrid (20th July 2012), CdnSirian (21st July 2012), Maia Gabrial (20th July 2012), Nasu (27th October 2014), Omni (3rd November 2014), ThePythonicCow (25th October 2014), ulli (20th July 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Default Re: Internet Defense League - Project to protect the freedom of the Internet

What a great idea,
    encouraging to see that there are preparations afoot...
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

4. The Following User Says Thank You to astrid For This Post:

ulli (20th July 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,643 times in 21,530 posts

Default Re: Internet Defense League - Project to protect the freedom of the Internet

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    PS: In case you're wondering we did not install this on the Project Avalon server (at least not yet), but I did subscribe via email to their alerts and I'll monitor them.
    I just signed up for the email alerts as well ... only a couple of years late .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Nasu (27th October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread