Thread: The Basics Of Ascension By Inelia Benz

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

Default Re: The Basics Of Ascension By Inelia Benz

Quote Posted by Marsila (here)
    Quote Posted by eileenrose (here)
    Interesting, I was wondering when Inelia would have some issues that couldn't be resolved with just a wave of the hand (how I feel she handles details).

I think she should go into high gear and try to 'save' people as well. Anyway....just having fun watching this new train wreck (with her).
    Well you know i'm not a follower of anyone either...but to make a whole blog to slander someone, says so much more about the person who does such a thing, than their 'target'.
    I'm like thetruthisinthere in not getting that whole 'raising vibration' and the world that comes with it...
    I always question people who can't seem to resolve their issues in private and chose to do so in public, and i couldn't even bother reading that blog to the end. That link about cults though i think was good.
    Ironically this isn't the first time someone who read Tolle's books thinks they have an edge over others, or something more superior. you say you don't feel the need to take sides, but don't you think your last sentence says otherwise?

Quote judgement is anti-enlightening, too
    Truthisinthere thank you for this phrase,(and your whole post) seems what a lot of 'enlightened' people are missing these days!!
    As I mention at the very beginning of my critique (which was all I am giving at this juncture), it is my very personal view.

Self deleted rest of post. Did a brief summary on my earlier posting, #45, instead.
    Last edited by eileenrose; 31st July 2012 at 04:03.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eileenrose For This Post:

Finefeather (27th July 2012), gigha (27th July 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

Quote Posted by Marsila (here)
    Interesting, I was wondering when Inelia would have some issues that couldn't be resolved with just a wave of the hand (how I feel she handles details).

I think she should go into high gear and try to 'save' people as well. Anyway....just having fun watching this new train wreck (with her).
    Well you know i'm not a follower of anyone either...but to make a whole blog to slander someone, says so much more about the person who does such a thing, than their 'target'.
    I'm like thetruthisinthere in not getting that whole 'raising vibration' and the world that comes with it...
    I always question people who can't seem to resolve their issues in private and chose to do so in public, and i couldn't even bother reading that blog to the end. That link about cults though i think was good.
    Ironically this isn't the first time someone who read Tolle's books thinks they have an edge over others, or something more superior. you say you don't feel the need to take sides, but don't you think your last sentence says otherwise?

Quote judgement is anti-enlightening, too
    Truthisinthere thank you for this phrase,(and your whole post) seems what a lot of 'enlightened' people are missing these days!!
    As I mention at the very beginning of my critique (which was all I am giving at this juncture), it is my very personal view.

It sounds like you rather bash me than go find out who she is for yourself.

I've finished my research (that is all).

I find the only way to get to know someone's path is to investigate with an open heart.

If it turns out that you enjoy spending time with them, no matter who they are, and you feel the need to surrender willpower, then go for it.

We've all had to challenge ourselves these days to let go of what is old and sometimes finding someone more suited to us generally, even in perhaps a more negative way than I would prefer (personally), is a necessity for the addict (which is how I view Americans/Westerners in general). They are addicted to quite a bit of stuff. Just compare them to a native and see the many many addictions (TV, chemicals, machines, ipod, music even (it can be a form of penetrating through people's defenses...or so the CIA says) and so forth). The addict is so far down the rabbit hole of addiction that they need anyone they can find that is willing to work with them to help them out.

So I don't have a general feel good opinion of her work here in Sacramento. Big deal. Does it matter to her? Nope. She is happy to take their hard earned income and they are more than happy to give it to her.

But saying she is an angel is stretching it (as how I read people's deferment to her opinions). In fact, I say there are several much smart/brighter people here on Project Avalon already. All very helpful, all not charging anything for their type of assistance.

So it is a choice. I've made mine. You make yours.
    So now you are playing the 'put words in other people's mouth' game with me, because i find making a whole blog to slander others repulsive?...but your the 'spiritual teacher'?!

I Am not bashing you, if anything you chose to 'pick' on what i posted in the first place, or else i wouldn't have noticed you at all...but back to the point... just take a minute and check the energy of your own words in that post. If anything it was like you were bashing this Inelia you say you don't care about.

I don't know who Mrs. Benz is,...and honestly i don't care who she is, as i do mind my own business, and i learn from life, not from a book or spiritual preachers whether they charge for it or not.

Btw who here said she's an angel? this is what you understood and not necessarily what people meant.

The whole point was gypsywoman's blog not being anywhere near neutral and the negativity a lot of people felt from it, not whether Inelia has a halo above her head or not. Read Bill Ryan's very short post about this in the previous page to this.

And yes i know so many over here are better...hence why i joined this forum last year.

anyway as you said we all make our choices, and if i have a problem with others i'd definitely not make a blog about it. So many more valuable people left PA and not in a fair way at all at times...yet why don't i see them blogging about the 'injustice.'

I agree that those who really want to help, don't want anything in return... but double check your contradictory words in your own first post.

My choice is neither to speak the way gypsywoman does in public towards anyone, neither to behave in a way that seems to say that i'm okay with such things. But as you say we all make our own choices, so i made my choice, and you also have all the right to make yours.
    Last edited by Marsila; 27th July 2012 at 12:00. Reason: he said she said pffft!

4. Link to Post #63
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 times in 399 posts

Quote Posted by Spiral (here)
    Lately I can't face eating meat anymore, I don't know why, it just smells bad & tastes worse........I don't want to drink alchohol either, its not a conscious thing, they have just become repellant.

It just came out of the blue, what I'm supposed to eat now is anybodies guess .

Has this happened to anyone else ?
    Yes my friend this has happened to me too. cooking a BBQ last night made me feel physically sick. Watching everyone else eat the meat felt like observing barbarianism.

5. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

Do plants think? Probably so. See, feel and smell, also. Interesting.

Quote Posted by Maunagarjana (here)
    Let's go back for a moment to my story about my friend whose lama made him take the tantric vow to eat meat. His teacher was a Tibetan. Tibetans have an incredibly vibrant spiritual culture with a long history of highly realized masters. And, surprise! Tibetans are overwhelmingly meat eaters. The reason for this is that Tibet is very high in elevation, above the tree line. Not much grows up there. So they eat a lot of meat. And they are very spiritual.
    Also interesting.

Quote According to Theravada, the Buddha allowed his monks to eat pork, chicken and beef if the animal was not killed for the purpose of providing food for monks. Theravada also believes that the Buddha allowed the monks to choose a vegetarian diet, but only prohibited against eating human, elephant, horse, dog, snake, lion, tiger, bear, leopard, and hyena flesh.[1] The Buddha did not prohibit any kind of meat-eating for his lay followers. In Vajrayana, the act of eating meat is not always prohibited. The Mahayana schools generally recommend a vegetarian diet, for they believe that the Buddha insisted that his followers should not eat meat or fish.
    What a wildly divergent thread. LOL

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

777 (27th July 2012), Eram (27th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012), Mike Gorman (28th July 2012), music (28th July 2012), WhiteFeather (27th July 2012)

7. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

IMO.....Cattle Farming At Its Best. The way it should still be. Im a little old fashioned perhaps. But if i did eat meat, I 'd check out this farm first. But wait The Government is harassing this family. My question is WHY? Maybe the government doesnt want a peaceful raised cattle and perhaps a poisoned free meat. After All The corrupted FDA cant sell prescription pills if theres no poison in the cattle.

Good Video to watch And Thanks to Meeradas for posting this on my Animal Slaughter Thread.

"Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Eram (27th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), Karunai (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012), Mike (27th July 2012), music (28th July 2012), The Truth Is In There (28th July 2012)

9. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

Hi marsila,
    just a note here regarding your posting
    Quote "My choice is neither to speak the way gypsywoman does in public towards anyone, neither to behave in a way that seems to say that i'm okay with such things. But as you say we all make our own choices, so i made my choice, and you also have all the right to make yours.
    I don't have any clue who gypsywoman is (and I just checked it out to be clear about it) and perhaps they have a reason for posting. I don't know, you would have to ask them.

And I could say more about Inelia, from my own review of her work, but this particular thread isn't about that (in any way).

I am not clear how my name got attached (in this process) to the blog. Just saying I havn't any idea what you are referring to.

Hope that clears that up (at least).

10. Link to Post #67
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

You should eat whatever is available to you be it plant or animal, but you may want to consider these few points:

1. The body needs energy and food is the method we use to sustain ourselves.
    2. We eat much more than we really need, and we eat too much food with very little nutritional value.
    3. Most of the food which is commercially forced down our throats is poison and should be avoided.
    4. We should only eat whole food, unadulterated by man's greed.
    5. Some of us are unable to consume certain foods because of our physiology.
    6. Our physiology is determined by our parents at birth AND the state of the etheric body which you, as the inhabitant, bring to the mix.
    7. Under normal conditions, for a person living a normal everyday kind of life, eat all the food groups.
    8. If you are on a path towards spiritual enlightenment and need to take full advantage of all the means, you should only eat plant foods, but you can have milk products.
    9. It is a myth to think you cannot live a spiritual life if you eat meat.
    10. Milk products from animals like, the cow, the goat, the yak etc, as in the case of human milk should be drank in moderation and only as a supplement.
    11. Vegan life is very common in countries such as India, where many millions have never had an ounce of meat in their entire lives.
    12. The strongest animal on the planet is the Elephant and it eats only grasses and foliage.
    13. If you think you cannot survive on a vegan diet you are very mistaken, despite the so called research, which has been debunked many times.
    14. If we needed to eat specific things and not eat other things, then consider the diversity of the areas humans live in.

Some titbits:
    It is NOT a well known fact than many animals, like the domestic cow as an example, come onto this planet in service to man as a source of energy for his requirements, but we should be thankful and treat them with the respect and honour they deserve. Wild animals live by the laws of survival and are eaten by other animals, so why not by man?
    All food is a gift of service for our use, if we had no plants or animals we would not survive, love all animals and marvel at all the diversity and beauty of the plant kingdom.
    As far as improving your vibration for spiritual purposes is concerned and eating plant food, you should remember that if this is your wish, you have to eat the plant food unprocessed, raw, steamed or lightly cooked or baked, WITHOUT all the delicious sauces Mom poured all over the carrots and beans.

Is'nt live just so wonderful !
    Love to all.
    Last edited by Finefeather; 27th July 2012 at 13:09.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

777 (27th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (27th July 2012), Eram (27th July 2012), EsmaEverheart (27th July 2012), Kindred (28th July 2012), Mark (27th July 2012), Maunagarjana (28th July 2012), Mike (27th July 2012), WhiteFeather (27th July 2012), Wind (27th July 2012)

12. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Peace of Mind,

I think it's a bit absurd to equate eating meat with killing. Let's be clear about this. Look, you can eat the meat of an animal you didn't kill. I'm not saying that's good or changes any harmful karmic or energy resonance effects, or any of that. I just wanted to be clear in pointing out that eating is a different act from killing. The animal dies whether it's eaten or not. So yeah, someone killed it. Its remains got put in a store. If no one buys it, it goes bad and ends up in the trash. The minority population of vegetarians and vegans out there are not going to make a dent in the meat industry's production rate enough to change that state of affairs.

Let's go back for a moment to my story about my friend whose lama made him take the tantric vow to eat meat. His teacher was a Tibetan. Tibetans have an incredibly vibrant spiritual culture with a long history of highly realized masters. And, surprise! Tibetans are overwhelmingly meat eaters. The reason for this is that Tibet is very high in elevation, above the tree line. Not much grows up there. So they eat a lot of meat. And they are very spiritual. Maybe you should go climb up into one of their monasteries and explain to them the error of their ways. Be sure to tell them that they need to stop making excuses.

Another thing, the lie-detector thing aside....is there any doubt that plants are living beings? If they have any consciousness, they could have suffering in some form. So enjoy that delicious frothy plant blood that comes screaming out of your juicer. But know ye well that there will be a day of reckoning!
    Hi Maunagarjana,

You promote the killing because you see no issue in going to the market and picking over the grave remains, this is called "support", and you seem to be oblivious to that fact. Saying the minority population of Vegans/vegetarians isn’t going to make a dent in the meat industry is just your negative opinion on the state of affairs. I'm sure many of the great contributors of the world heard simular words spoken to them as well, it's obvious they stayed focused and realized their task was bigger then themselves. If they didn't you wouldn't have heard of them or had their gifts to society. I don’t think about failure, I only think of success and/positive consequences and my life has been a result of this attitude. Why put thoughts of struggle into my life? You don’t see me posting any bad things about my life because there isn’t any. I post experiences because I’m sure they will work for some people here, as they did for others outside of this forum.

The monks of Tibet are not the only spiritual tribes on the planet. The analysis of any group of people falls into a matter of perspective. Some hang out in pent houses, looking down on the world with a few buddies eating burgers and chicken, smoking joints until they pass out in an upright position. Get my point. Fortunately, there are elevators so the weight down (lazy feeling) people can come down off of their high pedestal to re-up on their supplies, wants, needs. Perhaps if the Tibetans didn’t eat so much flesh they would have the energy to travel/get up/wake up and travel the short distances for their high vibration sustenance, I can only imagine what type of beings they would be if they didn’t consume death.

These are examples, not necessarily my perceptions, as I said…I judge not. Why should I If they are happy on top of a mountain as some are on top of a building. As for me…I rather be out in the fray. This is where the change needs to take place. Isolation from the world isn’t going to do anything for society or my spiritual growth; I’m beyond having to sit in solitude just to understand why we suffer.

“Screaming plant blood”, I think you can do better than this. When my day of reckoning arises there will be no regrets in my space, no memories of greed, service to self, remorseful sacrifices of animals and their families for my own well being. Actually, I’m looking forward to the event. I know for a fact many are not ready because they tolerate the taken of life just to stay in a world they are truly afraid to live in…just look at what they do and don’t do. Understand one thing if not anything else...Energy in equals energy out...

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Eram (27th July 2012), Lettherebelight (27th July 2012)

14. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Quote Posted by music (here)
    Hi peace of mind, thank you for you clarification. I don't agree with you, but thank you. I believe the insults referred to were in a post that quoted yours, not yours.

Have you heard of the common sensitive plant? From the family Mimosoideae, it has the ability to retract it's leaves when it is touched as a defence against predation. My partner decided that she would see if the plant responed to love. She sent love to the plant everyday, moving her hand closer and closer each day, until eventually, when she finally touched the plant, it did not retract its leaves, but let her caress it. How would you explain that? If the plant has no ability to assess and respond to its environment, then this would be impossible. The ability to assess and respond appropriately to our environment, despite instinct or physiological response mechanism, is a sign of consciousness, and it is a sign of intelligence. Think about that next time you chow down to your salad
    There are many forms of life on this planet some have yet to be discovered. Some have gone extinct for one reason or another. Maybe they’re gone because they became useless to the planet (like humans are starting to become). Not every plant is for consumption, some are even used for medicine, some for pestilence control. Just like all people are not meant to be leaders, many are great followers. You don’t have to worry about me eating a “common sense” plant. But, how does it make you feel knowing the chicken leg you’re eating used to be some poor creatures mother?

I used to wonder why there were so many chickens, cattle in the world, then I remember the balance, and reincarnation theories. Perhaps the chickens and other live stock are the re-incarnations of meat eaters. Why not? After all…life is an experience, so I guess many need to go through that trauma as well to totally understand life. I don’t think I’ll mind coming back as foliage if you’re wondering. Would you like to be the hen giving away your babies every morning until it’s time to get your head chopped off? This has to be hell for those poor species, hmmm. An Interesting thought, eh?

The whole point is the planet is in a low vibrational state and this resulted in the inhabitants adapting… some becoming flesh eaters, supporting the lower vibration. There’s a breed of monkey that just started eating meat (about 2 years ago) because the Human population is infringing on their habitat, this is called adaptation, but one that will only bring more negative energy into the world. Now all the negativity is so common people believe its suppose to be this way. I beg to differ because I’ve have proven to myself and others that your life can be completely positive in every way; I don’t trick myself into accepting negative energy like so many do. If I was self righteous I wouldn’t take time to point this out to those wondering why their lives are so distraught. I only suggest not order. Take it or leave it, your choice.

Humans are the keepers of the world, everything we do effects the world, we can easily cleanse this world, prepare this world, sanctify this world simply through our deeds, but what do we do….fight over abundance of land, food, resources, ideas, opinions, clothes, colors, fashion, money, everything. While destroying our very own home and not having the courage to admit involvement. I’m not one of those guys that will sit on a mountain away from the problems that need to be dealt with. I’m not going to point fingers when expressing my unfortunate happenings because I know that I create my own environment/reality. I merely offer options... what has worked for me magnificently....and this is an understatement. Thanks for presenting me the opportunity to share more...good day. :-)

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Eram (27th July 2012), Limor Wolf (28th July 2012)

16. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Peace of Mind (here)
    I used to wonder why there were so many chickens, cattle in the world, then I remember the balance, and reincarnation theories. Perhaps the chickens and other live stock are the re-incarnations of meat eaters. Why not? After all…life is an experience, so I guess many need to go through that trauma as well to totally understand life. I don’t think I’ll mind coming back as foliage if you’re wondering. Would you like to be the hen giving away your babies every morning until it’s time to get your head chopped off? This has to be hell for those poor species, hmmm. An Interesting thought, eh?
    Peace
    Wow, now we are really stretching the boundaries of truth a little.
    I would hate to have picked up a copy of your reincarnation theories before I found mine, yours is really confusing and it seems to have rubbed off a little on you. Do you not think it might be a good idea if you tried to find some real facts about reincarnation. Here is just one suggestion: http://www.anandgholap.net/Reincarnation-AB.htm

Peace and Love

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Eram (27th July 2012)

18. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)
    Peace
    Wow, now we are really stretching the boundaries of truth a little.
    I would hate to have picked up a copy of your reincarnation theories before I found mine, yours is really confusing and it seems to have rubbed off a little on you. Do you not think it might be a good idea if you tried to find some real facts about reincarnation. Here is just one suggestion: http://www.anandgholap.net/Reincarnation-AB.htm

Peace and Love
    I dont really follow the reincarnation theories or much of any for that matter. I like to deal with substance...something i can use in the now. The dead tell no tales, so confirmation is an bit of an issue...
    Thanks for the info thou....it might be of some use...

Peace
    Last edited by Peace of Mind; 27th July 2012 at 16:55.
    --

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Eram (27th July 2012), Limor Wolf (28th July 2012)

20. Link to Post #72
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey folks,

It´s pretty much pointless to debate vegetarians versus carnivores. I´ve been here a thousand times.

Personally, I´ve been a vegetarian for more than 10 years, but you´ll never see me trying to impose my choices to others.

Do plants have consciousnesses? Maybe yes; maybe no. The fact is that I don´t eat more plants than I already did before becoming a vegetarian, so it´s logical to think I´m saving some lives with my choice.

Anyway, ask an Eskimo to become vegetarian. He would just die, because there are almost no plants there where he lives.

For me, it´s about necessity. I don´t really need to eat meat, so I wont. If I´m saving some lives in the process, that´s great. If my health is getting better in the process, that´s great as well.

I don´t like taking more than I need from mother Earth. That´s all.

Cheers,

Raf.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

13th Warrior (27th July 2012), Eram (27th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), Karunai (27th July 2012), Mark (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012), Mike (27th July 2012), seko (27th July 2012), WhiteFeather (27th July 2012), Wind (27th July 2012)

22. Link to Post #73
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Peace
    Do you not think it might be a good idea if you tried to find some real facts about reincarnation.
    Hi Finefeather, isn't that kind of like saying find some "real facts" about the nature of consciousness?
    Last edited by Fred Steeves; 27th July 2012 at 17:46.

23. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,347 times in 8,672 posts

Boy, I wandered into this thread expecting an energy level completely different (and better) than the one I found.

I have not eaten beef, pork, or chicken, for 38 (or so) years. I have had occasional seafood.

My health is good. My nervous system sensitivity to energy and vibration has slowly steadily increased over that time. That was the reason I went for the diet change.

Ironically, it was a chicken agribusiness farm operation -

(8000 lineal feet of horribly toxic polluting of air and water and sound, with open pits of diseased and dead carcasses attracting my dogs to get shot at while dragging them home)

being built next to my former property which ruined my then quality of life, for which I had no legal recourse against, which motivated me to eventually be able to move and live where I do now. Far from such outrages.

Even if I had not already removed chicken from my diet I would have just to protest against such outrages being perpetrated against neighboring property owners. When I bought that place a cow-pasture was what that farm consisted of.

I don't maintain what others should do, and appreciate the same freedom to find and make my own choices without being 'preached' to. I had plenty of that in my Southern Baptist attempted programming upbringing.

I 'dowsed' Inelia to be a good Being, and her arrival on this 'scene' was an excellent contrast to what Charles/Atticus and his followers were contributing, in my estimation.

Bringing Gypsy Woman's bad vibes to this thread, which I experienced plenty of while she was on this forum, was where this thread went downhill for me.

I appreciate Bill showing up here to try and right this particular thread which was taking on water.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 27th July 2012 at 22:02.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th July 2012), David Trd1 (29th July 2012), Eram (27th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), Karunai (27th July 2012), Limor Wolf (28th July 2012), Mark (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012), Mike (27th July 2012)

25. Link to Post #75
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

(Hello everyone) Whatever done by force (regarding the diet), won't basically do good, experiences must be experienced full to be compreheded otherwise only becomes intellectual speculation. We are each unique and naturally move towards a particular way of living, depending on our own unique needs at each point of our physical experience. I've been carnivore, veggie, vegan on different moments during my life; I can't impose my personal choices to anyone 'cause I'm the only one experiencing my experience -sorry for stating the obvious and being repetitive there lol-; and that would be extremely invasive and unrespectful to others' choices, and the same if someone tries to convince me that being vegan or considering inedia is wrong, completely bypassing the contexts and circumstantes of my own facts -uniqueness-. Each of us are an unique experience in Conciousness. : )

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karunai For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th July 2012), Eram (27th July 2012), Limor Wolf (28th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012)

27. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)
    Peace
    Do you not think it might be a good idea if you tried to find some real facts about reincarnation.
    Hi Finefeather, isn't that kind of like saying find some "real facts" about the nature of consciousness?
    Hi Fred, nice to communicate with you..I have been meaning to say to you someday that I always get a really nice vibe from your posts, thanks for being who you are.

Well I guess you could look at it like that if you are looking at the bigger picture, but I was only looking at the reincarnation anomaly of Peace of Mind's post. For the casual thinker it conjures up all kinds of myths and stories, so if just the basic knowledge can be grasped more will see life in a completely different way, which could lead to curiosity and deeper study which will lead to discovery of the nature of consciousness.
    Reincarnation is a very complex subject and you are right in saying that it falls right into the field of the nature of consciousness, in fact without incarnation there would not be consciousness in the way we understand it and the 're' part just serves to imply or suggest, rightly, that we need more than one attempt at it to achieve the state of consciousness which we as spiritual beings have set out to achieve. Some see reincarnation as some form of punishment or retribution, which it is not, but it does live hand in glove with karma which is also misunderstood by many. As a kind of summary to put the pieces together I would say that:
    Reincarnation is the continuous gain of true knowledge and awareness or consciousness, to prevent the cause of karma, which is our ignorance of the laws of the universe. In other words when we fail to live by the laws of the universe we cause our own reincarnation, karma had nothing to do with it, we just call that event karma.
    Love to you

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Eram (27th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), music (28th July 2012)

29. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Anything that can’t be proven is a myth/ story, and we have a lot of that these days...don’t we?

If I told you I re-incarnated so many times that if I remembered every last past life the sheer amount of thoughts alone would probably kill this body due to information overload, would you consider that? Would you consider that I’ve already been through what most are going through now… and that my time here now is to share those experiences/knowledge…as one of many aids now on this planet to assist with the prosperity of society and the planet, can you believe that?

Do I need to write a few books, speak on videos/tv/radio before anything I suggested is considered (not obeyed)? Is obtaining some sought of super star status the way to get people to innerstand? Probably, but I’ve learned that the best things in life are free. I’m not looking for any profit nor praise, just Peace.

Do notice that I’m not saying do as I say, there’s a hugh difference and I’ve point this out in every post thus far, but for some reason some ppl get a little upset, confused, and think I’m telling them what to do. I guess It’s to be expected thou, if I didn’t receive any acknowledgement from here (and elsewhere) I would not have spared the energy or time. I’m not a fan of creating waste (of any form). My posts only consist of experiences that can and has been proven. It’s not like I’m up here feeding people something they can’t experience for themselves. I’ll never put up something that will have you chasing your tale, that’s pointless and most times lead to deceit.

If what I present doesn’t work for you, you will not see me bashing your ideas of what does. If what I share is in error I don’t mind standing corrected, I only want to bask in the truth. I still live and learn just like everyone else. Every day I learn something new and if a day goes by where I didn’t…that day may be the first time in a very long time I feel worried. With that said, If a person is wondering why they have certain issues, and/or going thru certain unpleasantries… I’ll assist them if I can. Just like how adamant I’ am about the fairness of animals, I fight for them as well as for the animals on 2 legs. I’m all in.

What you put out is what you’ll get back in return, what you think is what you get. This is all I’m saying……while the facts are constantly being displayed right in front of us… all the time.

I can see them clearly; turning a blind eye is not something I’m accustomed to.

If you (and others) think my willingness to help others (while being extremely diplomatic and respectful) is a issue here…I can easily remove myself from here, it’s not a problem for me at all, I’am not here to created problems…I’m about solving them together or alone, just want the job done.

As I said, I’m not here to waste anyone's time and energy, I’m not into distractions, If I’m seen as one…. please address this thoroughly when responding. Thanks

Peace
    Last edited by Peace of Mind; 27th July 2012 at 20:38.
    --

30. Link to Post #78
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Peace of Mind,

I think it's a bit absurd to equate eating meat with killing. Let's be clear about this. Look, you can eat the meat of an animal you didn't kill. I'm not saying that's good or changes any harmful karmic or energy resonance effects, or any of that. I just wanted to be clear in pointing out that eating is a different act from killing. The animal dies whether it's eaten or not. So yeah, someone killed it. Its remains got put in a store. If no one buys it, it goes bad and ends up in the trash. The minority population of vegetarians and vegans out there are not going to make a dent in the meat industry's production rate enough to change that state of affairs.

Let's go back for a moment to my story about my friend whose lama made him take the tantric vow to eat meat. His teacher was a Tibetan. Tibetans have an incredibly vibrant spiritual culture with a long history of highly realized masters. And, surprise! Tibetans are overwhelmingly meat eaters. The reason for this is that Tibet is very high in elevation, above the tree line. Not much grows up there. So they eat a lot of meat. And they are very spiritual. Maybe you should go climb up into one of their monasteries and explain to them the error of their ways. Be sure to tell them that they need to stop making excuses.

Another thing, the lie-detector thing aside....is there any doubt that plants are living beings? If they have any consciousness, they could have suffering in some form. So enjoy that delicious frothy plant blood that comes screaming out of your juicer. But know ye well that there will be a day of reckoning!
    Hi Maunagarjana,

You promote the killing because you see no issue in going to the market and picking over the grave remains, this is called "support", and you seem to be oblivious to that fact.
    I'm not oblivious. Maybe you missed upthread where I have said I have been moving in the direction of eating more vegetarian, and that vegetarianism is very much my preference. I'm not completely vegetarian yet, so I lack your saintly purity, but I guarantee you that if I ever do make that transition to no longer eating any meat, *I still will NEVER have your sanctimonious attitude about those that still eat it*. Ever, ever ever. I wonder how in denial you must be to where you really don't see your blatant self-righteousness. Not uncommon for those of a fundamentalist mindset, like you.

Quote Saying the minority population of Vegans/vegetarians isn’t going to make a dent in the meat industry is just your negative opinion on the state of affairs. I'm sure many of the great contributors of the world heard simular words spoken to them as well, it's obvious they stayed focused and realized their task was bigger then themselves. If they didn't you wouldn't have heard of them or had their gifts to society. I don’t think about failure, I only think of success and/positive consequences and my life has been a result of this attitude. Why put thoughts of struggle into my life? You don’t see me posting any bad things about my life because there isn’t any. I post experiences because I’m sure they will work for some people here, as they did for others outside of this forum.
    Well, bully for you. Pat yourself on the back a little harder. Wouldn't all those people be better of if they were just like you??

Quote The monks of Tibet are not the only spiritual tribes on the planet. The analysis of any group of people falls into a matter of perspective. Some hang out in pent houses, looking down on the world with a few buddies eating burgers and chicken, smoking joints until they pass out in an upright position. Get my point. Fortunately, there are elevators so the weight down (lazy feeling) people can come down off of their high pedestal to re-up on their supplies, wants, needs. Perhaps if the Tibetans didn’t eat so much flesh they would have the energy to travel/get up/wake up and travel the short distances for their high vibration sustenance, I can only imagine what type of beings they would be if they didn’t consume death.
    I don't know what distorted impressions you have about Tibetans, but they are hardly cloistered and non-energetic. Have you ever met any? Maybe you should take a jaunt outside of your circle of fellow saintly food cultists sometime and expose yourself to more of the world. Maybe if you did, you wouldn't be so quick to condemn a whole nation.

Quote These are examples, not necessarily my perceptions, as I said…I judge not. Why should I If they are happy on top of a mountain as some are on top of a building. As for me…I rather be out in the fray. This is where the change needs to take place. Isolation from the world isn’t going to do anything for society or my spiritual growth; I’m beyond having to sit in solitude just to understand why we suffer.
    I find it interesting that you claim "no judgement" all the while laying down very harsh judgements. Are you really that unaware of yourself? Maybe you're just lightheaded from not having sufficient nourishment and these observations escape you.

Quote “Screaming plant blood”, I think you can do better than this.
    Actually, that was my favorite part of the post. I hope every time you go to your juicer you think of it. Don't kid yourself, brother, you are juicing death.

Quote When my day of reckoning arises there will be no regrets in my space, no memories of greed, service to self, remorseful sacrifices of animals and their families for my own well being. Actually, I’m looking forward to the event. I know for a fact many are not ready because they tolerate the taken of life just to stay in a world they are truly afraid to live in…just look at what they do and don’t do. Understand one thing if not anything else...Energy in equals energy out...
    Oh, please. When any day of reckoning comes, people are not going to be agonizing over their food choices. They're going to be focused on how they treated those who meant the most to them. I'm glad you look forward to your day of reckoning though. Have fun processing all that self-righteous energy you've accumulated in vast quantities. Anyway, perhaps we should agree to disagree. I bid you goodbye, Piety of Mind.
    Last edited by Maunagarjana; 28th July 2012 at 11:12.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Sebastion (28th July 2012)

32. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 times in 349 posts

preference is king and we are creators.

Meat,plants,vegetables come from this beautiful biosphere as do we.

and like anything down here,its the intention of individual through the preferences we choose that is the determining factor.

Give thanks for the food you ingest and the air you breathe and the experience you have each day.

Eat and live with this philosophy each day and the semantics of Meat/vegetarian/vegan diets are secondary.

peace

33. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 times in 349 posts

Quote Posted by Karunai (here)
    (Hello everyone) Whatever done by force (regarding the diet), won't basically do good, experiences must be experienced full to be compreheded otherwise only becomes intellectual speculation. We are each unique and naturally move towards a particular way of living, depending on our own unique needs at each point of our physical experience. I've been carnivore, veggie, vegan on different moments during my life; I can't impose my personal choices to anyone 'cause I'm the only one experiencing my experience -sorry for stating the obvious and being repetitive there lol-; and that would be extremely invasive and unrespectful to others' choices, and the same if someone tries to convince me that being vegan or considering inedia is wrong, completely bypassing the contexts and circumstantes of my own facts -uniqueness-. Each of us are an unique experience in Conciousness. : )
    My thoughts exactly.

And welcome to avalon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast