Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inability to Prepare

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 times in 243 posts

Angry Inability to Prepare

Hi All...

I'm drowning in student loan debt. I hate my job. The "just go to college and everything will be alright" is a lie.

I need to spend some money buying food and supplies to be able to support myself when SHTF, but I can't even do that because my slave owner bank loans are so high. What the hell do I do??

-Phoenix..trying to rise from the ashes of chaos and oppression

*edit: "support myself when SHTF"
    Last edited by Phoenix; 26th July 2012 at 22:24.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Default Re: Inability to Prepare

helo Phoenix.

If you go to http://www.whatliesinyourdebt.com/ you will be able to meet people who are in the same predicament and are banding together to do something about it. There is also a Tuesday night open conference call where you can get acquainted and ask questions. Their website has a free trial.

Our debt based fiat system is designed to keep us slaves, so it is a challenge to extricate from that as well as operate within commerce and keep from being a slave. The best most can do its to be part of the system but fly under the radar. This group can help.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Eram (26th July 2012), gigha (27th July 2012), Lifebringer (27th July 2012), lookbeyond (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012), Phoenix (27th July 2012), sandy (26th July 2012), WhiteFeather (27th July 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by Phoenix (here)
    Hi All...

I'm drowning in student loan debt. I hate my job. The "just go to college and everything will be alright" is a lie.

I need to spend some money buying food and supplies to be able to support myself, but I can't even do that because my slave owner bank loans are so high. What the hell do I do??

I don't want to be criminal tutor, you can use some advice here

http://money.msn.com/debt-management...saccounts.aspx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Eram (26th July 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

I can only guess that you live in the US? or some other Western country if you have student debt. You and many others are screwed by the same situation these days. It is of course all preplanned slavery. When you finally pay it off you can spend the next thirty years paying off your house that you will have to pay tax's on for as long as you "own" it and then you will have medical bills to pay off and then its over. There are a lot of people rejecting this and just not paying the loans and plan not to own anything. I dont think this is all that great if you plan to stay in the same country that holds the loans. You have a degree, you could get a job in another country and say screw'em.

You mention preparing, if the Dollar takes a dive, and I truly believe it will, then your loans in the current Dollar value may become not that big of a deal if you have hard assets like metals. I am expecting the Dollar to be removed as a petro Dollar by the end of September, and then some time later to be removed as the world reserve currency. When hamburgers are $50 bucks due to devaluation then your BIG loans will look not so big after the dust settles. Selling your silver for example for Dollars at their new value and then offering to pay a lump sum and asking for a discount (you ALWAYS ask for a discount when you pay off something in full) may make more sense at that point. Its my opinion that all these loans are part of the plan to bankrupt the people anyway, then to bankrupt the small and local banks etc. So that the BIG international banks can come in as our Saviour's. Although its a little more complicated than that of course.

If you live in the US there are ways to change your social security # and then your name legally. They cant collect on your debts that way. You could then start your own business, some type of US govt contractor maybe. Actually the BRICS nations are going to have a middle class boom as the BIG banks are backing them as a replacement to the US economy. Thats what a senior Goldman Sacks executive told me last year and they are doing just that as far as I can tell. So a business or a job there would be a safe bet, provided that the whole planet doesn't go to pieces of course.

BTW its easy to get an English teaching job abroad, a short course is available just for that. Or you could move to North Carolina, they dont allow creditors to remove money from your pay check like the rest of the states do. You have options.

What is it that YOU want? Thats where you will find the answer not in what we say. See what you want in your mind and keep taking physical action in that direction, the hollogram will provide the rest.
    Last edited by Siberia9; 27th July 2012 at 08:28.

7. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

Chrononaut (27th July 2012), D-Day (28th July 2012), Eram (26th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), gigha (27th July 2012), Hervé (26th July 2012), Jean-Marie (27th July 2012), lookbeyond (27th July 2012), Mark (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012), modwiz (27th July 2012), Phoenix (26th July 2012), RMorgan (27th July 2012), Ron Mauer Sr (27th July 2012), Tane Mahuta (26th July 2012), WhiteFeather (27th July 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Hi All...

I need to spend some money buying food and supplies to be able to support myself, but I can't even do that because my slave owner bank loans are so high. What the hell do I do??

Leave the country.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Erich For This Post:

Chrononaut (27th July 2012), Eram (26th July 2012), lookbeyond (27th July 2012), Siberia9 (26th July 2012), WhiteFeather (27th July 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

As a last resort you can also have a look at this:

"HOW I CLOBBERED EVERY BUREAUCRATIC CASH-CONFISCATORY AGENCY KNOWN TO MAN"

http://www.hackcanada.com/canadian/f...mary_croft.pdf
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

D-Day (28th July 2012), Eram (26th July 2012), Mark (27th July 2012), Siberia9 (26th July 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    helo Phoenix.

If you go to http://www.whatliesinyourdebt.com/ you will be able to meet people who are in the same predicament and are banding together to do something about it. There is also a Tuesday night open conference call where you can get acquainted and ask questions. Their website has a free trial.

Our debt based fiat system is designed to keep us slaves, so it is a challenge to extricate from that as well as operate within commerce and keep from being a slave. The best most can do its to be part of the system but fly under the radar. This group can help.
    We've reached the point of no return. It's too late.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Levent tonga (here)
    Hi All...

I don't want to be criminal tutor, you can use some advice here

http://money.msn.com/debt-management...saccounts.aspx
    Thanks. But it's mostly private loan debt. There's no way out. You can't even die.

13. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Siberia9 (here)
    I can only guess that you live in the US? or some other Western country if you have student debt. You and many others are screwed by the same situation these days. It is of course all preplanned slavery. When you finally pay it off you can spend the next thirty years paying off your house that you will have to pay tax's on for as long as you "own" it and then you will have medical bills to pay off and then its over. There are a lot of people rejecting this and just not paying the loans and plan not to own anything. I dont think this is all that great if you plan to stay in the same country that holds the loans. You have a degree, you could get a job in another country and say screw'em.

You mention preparing, if the Dollar takes a dive, and I truly believe it will, then your loans in the current Dollar value may become not that big of a deal if you have hard assets like metals. I am expecting the Dollar to be removed as a petro Dollar by the end of September, and then some time later to be removed as the world reserve currency. When hamburgers are $50 bucks due to devaluation then your BIG loans will look not so big after the dust settles. Selling your silver for example for Dollars at their new value and then offering to pay a lump sum and asking for a discount (you ALWAYS ask for a discount when you pay off something in full) may make more sense at that point. Its my opinion that all these loans are part of the plan to bankrupt the people anyway, then to bankrupt the small and local banks etc. So that the BIG international banks can come in as our Saviour's. Although its a little more complicated than that of course.

If you live in the US there are ways to change your social security # and then your name legally. They cant collect on your debts that way. You could then start your own business, some type of US govt contractor maybe. Actually the BRICKS nations are going to have a middle class boom as the BIG banks are backing them as a replacement to the US economy. Thats what a senior Goldman Sacks executive told me last year and they are doing just that as far as I can tell. So a business or a job there would be a safe bet, provided that the whole planet doesn't go to pieces of course.

BTW its easy to get an English teaching job abroad, a short course is available just for that. Or you could move to North Carolina, they dont allow creditors to remove money from your pay check like the rest of the states do. You have options.

What is it that YOU want? Thats where you will find the answer not in what we say. See what you want in your mind and keep taking physical action in that direction, the hollogram will provide the rest.
    Thanks Siberia. I'd consider bailing on the loan debt, but then I leave my family holding the bag. That's hardly fair for them.

I have friends in rural Africa that I'd love to just go and live there for awhile with them, and I wouldn't care about money because I'd just teach the kids English and they'd feed me and give me a place to stay. That's all I want... But now I have to work endlessly doing sh*t I hate, participating in a societal structure that I learned very quickly to loathe, to just pay off my next loan payment.

But what I really want the most is to be in a place where I can snowboard peacefully and get by making enough money to survive doing something I am passionate about.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    As a last resort you can also have a look at this:

"HOW I CLOBBERED EVERY BUREAUCRATIC CASH-CONFISCATORY AGENCY KNOWN TO MAN"

http://www.hackcanada.com/canadian/f...mary_croft.pdf
    I read it. It's fantasy. You either pay them or go to jail, I don't care what's legal or not, hitler didn't.

14. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Heya Phoenix. Put forth to the Universe what is is you really want, what you're really here to do. Then boldly demand it, and stand the f**k by my friend.

Guess what? Whatever it is you wind up demanding, you already were.

Cheers,
    Fred
    Last edited by Fred Steeves; 27th July 2012 at 00:59.

15. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

That website 'what lies in your debt dot com' looks pretty much like a scam. This is a kid who doesn't have 100 bucks a month lying around for another membership.

Look around, there's plenty of information available on line for free. Personally, I think whatever crap is coming down the road in the next year or two will make everybody's debt unimportant or uncollectable. The US government along with most of Europe is insolvent, and you know why they appear unworried? Because they're expecting something that will make it all not matter.

As far as prepping goes, live with a group of people you can trust; put together a tribe; your biggest expense and worry is housing; use what you can save on bulk foods, rice and beans and a good water filter, and a way to access water which will vary by your location. Trade room and board for helping around the house or better yet, farmstead of an older couple. Think about a 'tiny house' (google it!) Get in a place where the climate is as stable as possible and rain won't be an issue. (I picked Southern Oregon after LOTS of research) You have options. I think James Howard Kunstler is right, we're in the middle of the Long Emergency and at this point, the government can barely answer their phones. Pretty soon, there will be no one there to answer the phones at all. Hell, a simple snow storm shuts down the town.

People think of the govt as a massive all-knowing entity. It's really a lumbering dinosaur, unable to notice when it's tail is being chewed on.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to frozen alchemy For This Post:

D-Day (28th July 2012), DarMar (27th July 2012), Debra (27th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), lookbeyond (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012), Phoenix (27th July 2012), Siberia9 (27th July 2012)

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,205 times in 1,064 posts

99% of us are in the same boat, there will come a time very soon when the system will fall due for many reasons, then debt won't mean a thing.
    It won't be long. Do what Fred said and hang on.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

applecrusher1992 (27th July 2012), D-Day (28th July 2012), lookbeyond (27th July 2012), Phoenix (27th July 2012), Siberia9 (27th July 2012)

19. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by frozen alchemy (here)
    That website 'what lies in your debt dot com' looks pretty much like a scam. This is a kid who doesn't have 100 bucks a month lying around for another membership.

Look around, there's plenty of information available on line for free. Personally, I think whatever crap is coming down the road in the next year or two will make everybody's debt unimportant or uncollectable. The US government along with most of Europe is insolvent, and you know why they appear unworried? Because they're expecting something that will make it all not matter.

As far as prepping goes, live with a group of people you can trust; put together a tribe; your biggest expense and worry is housing; use what you can save on bulk foods, rice and beans and a good water filter, and a way to access water which will vary by your location. Trade room and board for helping around the house or better yet, farmstead of an older couple. Think about a 'tiny house' (google it!) Get in a place where the climate is as stable as possible and rain won't be an issue. (I picked Southern Oregon after LOTS of research) You have options. I think James Howard Kunstler is right, we're in the middle of the Long Emergency and at this point, the government can barely answer their phones. Pretty soon, there will be no one there to answer the phones at all. Hell, a simple snow storm shuts down the town.

People think of the govt as a massive all-knowing entity. It's really a lumbering dinosaur, unable to notice when it's tail is being chewed on.
    A lumbering dinosaur. I LOVE it. Thanks frozen.

20. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

Ahhh yes, the ever present co-signer, ouch. Ok well then you must make the payments then. Or find a way to pay it off. How much money are we talking about? I assume you still have good credit?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

lookbeyond (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012)

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

This is why we have to change our course away from this prison system and focus on self sufficiency living, make contact with others and collecting so much information as possible to begin to make communities.. I found out some good examples for Self Sufficient living with little or without money:

http://<div style="margin: 10px;"> ...<br /> </div>

And a good link to check out: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...utch-subtitles

I hope this may help a little.

Kindly regards, Chrononaut.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrononaut For This Post:

9eagle9 (29th July 2012), Operator (27th July 2012), Phoenix (28th July 2012), Sharleen (27th July 2012)

24. Link to Post #15
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

If you wanna be free Phoenix then you must plan your own freedom.
    You have committed yourself and your family to a burden of debt and now it's destroying you.
    Plan your bankruptcy.
    It must involve your family as well so they need to prepare beforehand before you step over the line and commit to a life WITHOUT credit. (bliss)
    Do not spend your time angry. That makes for stupid decisions.

Only by using the mechanisms of law can you extricate yourself and free yourself from the battleground of debt. Stand your ground and dig in deep, do your own homework and you will find a way.

If you are smart enough to come here and off load on us at Avalon, this ever common problem, then you are smart enough to use your library, local council offices and knowledgeable friends.

Do Not do anything foolish. The pack is in favour of the banker elites. Nothing they hate more than people giving credit the bird.

Remember do it lawfully. Discuss with everybody, even here, but especially form a local group who are equally disillusioned who can wend through the plethora of government garbage. Good Luck :-)

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Chrononaut (27th July 2012), D-Day (28th July 2012), Debra (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012)

26. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

Well I do think a lot of loans should be just cancelled as they weren't right to begin with... but that is just wishful thinking.

If you are being harassed by those calling agencies that want the 'lenders money' then depending on the state you are in, you can at least get them to harass you less often, but careful and double check everything as sometimes a 'cease and desist' may mean that you are now okay with them suing you for 'their' money.

The teaching English abroad is an idea...but depending on the country you will either be paid a lot or a little. I think in South Korea, Japan, and then the Gulf countries in the Middle East English teachers get paid a lot, while in Africa not so much. But the whole leaving the country in the first place, costs more money than you seem to have.

For now you need to figure out to pay at least just the amount needed to make sure the interest doesn't rise way too much. And sorry but try convincing your family to help you, as this will get the whole family at the end of the day if it isn't controlled as soon as possible.

Anyway am curious is this a 4 5 or 6 figure number, from your age, it may seem to still be in the 'possible' to deal with category, but I am not American so only roughly have an idea about how student loans work there, from friends who have spent the last 6 years paying them off...and still doing so!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

lookbeyond (27th July 2012), Phoenix (28th July 2012)

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 times in 324 posts

Phoenix, If "SHTF", do you really believe the bank will care about you paying them back? Don't you realize that they too will be looking for ways to survive (if they survive) instead of worrying about your debt which cannot be paid back even with US$$$ as it will no longer have value.

RE- MEMBER:

"All debts are negotiable" PERIOD!!!

Many preppers will not survive. Many that do, will wish they hadn't.
    "AMOR", Familia!

Seek "KNOWLEDGE" from Cradle to the Grave!!! quote, Dr. Malachi Z. York

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PHARAOH For This Post:

Chrononaut (27th July 2012), D-Day (28th July 2012), nearing (27th July 2012), Operator (27th July 2012), Phoenix (28th July 2012)

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,664 times in 1,985 posts

Quote Posted by PHARAOH (here)
    Phoenix, If "SHTF", do you really believe the bank will care about you paying them back? Don't you realize that they too will be looking for ways to survive (if they survive) instead of worrying about your debt which cannot be paid back even with US$$$ as it will no longer have value.
    True, but I think Phoenix meant that he needs money now (while it still lasts and is used) to buy the things needed to prep.

I have a bit different than usual view on this:

1. Cherish what you have got and do not waste time/energy on moaning what you haven't got.

2. When the SHTF lots of stuff will be abandoned. You will find what you need then.

3. Expect to be on the move, you cannot bring a whole lot with you anyway.

4. You need skills rather than 'stuff'

Train/prepare yourself to handle the issues listed above. Consider yourself lucky. You already are in a situation where you
    necessarily have to apply them. Lots of people who consider themselves still comfortable now are not prepping at all or
    at least in a practical way.

I can testify from own experience. It's not a study loan in my case, I'm just trying to live as much as possible with as
    less money as I can. There is another advantage ... you don't have to worry that your money is losing value

Many preppers will not survive.
    So true ... because of the points I listed above

Many that do, will wish they hadn't.
    I've been asking that myself and family too. But I think following the points that I listed
    one may still find quality in life provided you are not too hinged on the current paradigm.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Chrononaut (27th July 2012), D-Day (28th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), PHARAOH (27th July 2012), Phoenix (28th July 2012), Sharleen (27th July 2012), Wind (27th July 2012)

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Have you tried getting a forbearance or income-based repayment schedule for your loans? A lot of lenders are willing to alter the payment arrangement.

Out of all the loans we have, there's only one where we haven't been able to change the payment arrangements. That was because the loan was for computer training courses and not a "real" college. Even so, by taking advantage of the program for the other loans helped to make the payment for that one.

Are you doing everything in your power to solve the problem? You really don't do much more than that. Learning to be satisfied regardless of fault or blame is a struggle, but it will kill you if all you do is live in that space. I struggle with this everyday. I can't control food prices, but I can choose how I spend the money I have budgeted. I can't control a lot of what goes on, but I can control my attitude and how I react to the problem. I can only look at a problem and decide if I'm going to complain or solve it. (Honestly, some days, I totally make the wrong choice!)

I'd totally like to have my year worth of supplies like the Mormons do, but it's just not where my family's at. Considering the total picture of my situation, I'm just happy we have shelter and my husband has a job and my son has food. Bills will get paid when they get paid. The Student loan people can "F" themselves 'cuz they'll get their money when they get it. I feel bad when I can't make payments on time, but you know, emergencies come up and sometimes you have to spend your money elsewhere. Life happens. That's what Caller ID is for.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to kcbc2010 For This Post:

Siberia9 (28th July 2012)

34. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 times in 395 posts

Hi young soul,

Im here to reveal to you that YOU are ceator of your own reality. No one else.
    The only thing that "slavers" can do is to convince you that you are poor and hopeless. Thats why alot of false predictions and fear porn drama is all arround human presence.
    so i tell you instead of saying:
    Quote I'm drowning in student loan debt. I hate my job. The "just go to college and everything will be alright" is a lie.
    Say: not im swimming out of sht.. but im out of sht.
    I LOVE MY JOB
    I LOVE MYSELF
    I LOVE PEOPLE ARROUND ME
    EVERYTHING IS TRUTH even someone tells you is a lie

if you are not feeling good on your job and feel that is put before your preferences, CHANGE IT!
    i know you prolly want some more complex solution but believe it or not, solution is that simple as i described.. as me and some people arround me are doing that for years.

That formula is combination of RESPONSIBILITY, LOVE and real HAPPINESS.
    Everything you start, finish it. Everything you do, love it and that will bring inner satisfaction and happines with yourself
    When you start applying that "technique" you will notice changes in people and world arround you.

Every single thing arround you that you label as wrong or negative is actually full right and positive, you just need to understand why those thingsare arround you. And that is: only for our personal growing and raising above small problems.
    Every end is new beginning and every start is new end.

Try avoid words like: im poor, im lost, im controlled cause in that way you are labeling your "false" truth and that becomes your ONLY reality. Try ask beggar if he's happy and why.
    You are primary creators beign, and you are actually very happy for receiving chance to grow on this plane of existance, there is no one who controls you except you..

Do not turn back to problems, do not hide in closet, instead go for it, solve it and rise above it.

p.s- before 10 years i raised credit in bank and had really intention to give it back, but rate for payement growed enormously and i didnt wanted to pay tax on fools. I simply went to bank with scissors, stood before my banker and told him: You know, you are really dumb if you think im dumb! and if you think i will pay you that what you ask you are wrong, and cut my bank card in half in front of his eyes and asked him: what are you going to do now? he just stood silently, than i left.
    I never recieved any warning lawsuit or anything from them, and you know what? i never will... and if i ever do? first it is too old problem for lawsuit in our country, second id beat em in court with FACTUAL evidence and they would need to pay me even more.

Im direct god's beign, i love myself and world arround me, im forever, debts are created illusion.

Much love friend and much intention for you to raise your happiness.
    Be careful when wandering in the woods... The wolf may approach you... And if you are approached by a solitary wolf... It is not a wolf at all!

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarMar For This Post:

9eagle9 (29th July 2012), KosmicKat (27th July 2012), Marsila (27th July 2012), Phoenix (28th July 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast