+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inability to Prepare

1. Link to Post #21
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Default Re: Inability to Prepare

I am going to put myself out on the line a bit with this post.

Phoenix . . . . call all your creditors and the family members you have the loans with and tell them you can not pay for a few months. If you have a mortgage on a house or apartment rent call them too and tell them you just don’t have the money but that you feel you will be straightened out in a few months . . . write them letters stating this and your intentions in “x-amount” of months. Cut your other living expenses as hard as you can.

With the money you will save from not paying these loans and bills, make wise choices in what you will need to be self sufficient for at least one year to 18 months.

In a matter of one (1) year we will know, I feel, with near complete certainty, what we are in for. The eighteen months of ‘survival supplies” will allow you the time to come to your next decision I will lay out for you.

Listen folks . . . this is not a matter of surviving a cataclysmic ELE event. This is a matter of making through horrific chaos in the event of a solar cme that will knock us back to the 1800’s and/or the collapse of the global financial economies and ensuing restructuring.

Either way and I actually believe strongly we are in the middle of both of these scenarios right now, 99% of humanity will suffer greatly for many many more years. An ELE (extinction level event) or event that takes out most of the global population would be much kinder but I truly do not think the odds are high of this type of event. I do think the governments and controllers are preparing for this possibility . . . as they should, to protect and ensure the human and planetary biological genome continuation. But we, as a whole we will not nor would we want to survive this type of event.

I feel strongly that every last one of us has two options:

(1) Stay in the game and the illusion that has been designed and implemented for us and stay locked into slavery for the rest of your life. And you will have a lot of company with this decision . . . . .Because the other option is far too scary for us OR WE THINK IT IS because we have been carefully conditioned to believe we cannot make it on our own with out stifling government and “controllers”.

OR

(2) Make a complete lifestyle change. Step out of the game and STAY out of the game. Plan carefully your escape to utter and blessed freedom. Find a place away from the madness and where people have this same plan and lifestyle.

Forget the stupid nonsensical ideal of “I’m going to find people of like mind” . . . they are not there . . because that phrase and thoguht has been thrown around until IT HAS NO MEANING. We are humans and in our humanity we are not of like mind. BUT we can make the same FOUNDATIONAL CHOICE of Freedom from Slavery and Scarcity to Living in Peace and Abundance.

In the second choice (of which I have made) of living this lifestyle of abundance and peace the everyday little problems and trouble that arises from our humanity are much easier solved and most acclimate quickly to solutions BECAUSE there is no fear or animosity toward your fellow human and neighbor BECAUSE the fear that you will starve or not have money or not have a home or not be able to provide for yourself and family is GONE.

Okay . . .now I am about to put myself on the line. There are those of us who are ahead of the game and are fairly set . . .we saw this coming many years ago and acted quickly and easier. If a cme (immediate 1800 living) hit or complete economic collapse happened (hypothetically) next month, I and my neighbors already know who will be allowed into the community and surrounding area. . . . those people who want in will be turned away and we will make the “hard decisions” in this type of life or death event and way of life.

I hear all the time on PA and other forums . . . .”Well, when the shtf I will just go to the country or the mountains to live” . . . .I will tell you this, that will NOT happen. Those wise enough to already be established and prepared are ‘just that” . . .we are ready for most perceived scenarios and one of those scenarios is we only have enough food or supplies for a certain amount of people. More importantly the natural resources in any given area will only support a determined amount of people to remain ecologically and sustainably balanced.

Those who have not made the fundamental lifestyle choices and change before the shtf will become an extreme liability to the abundance and peace we have now.

So Phoenix . . . .

Call your creditors and family and tell them you can’t pay for a few months

Use that money to buy supplies to last for 1 year to 18 months and use this time also to make your decision on how you will live the rest of your life and understand CLEARLY this is a choice of how you will live the rest of your life WHETHER the shtf or NOT. Choose slavery OR freedom.

If you choose freedom, begin to make contacts asap with individuals in an area you would like to live. We are everywhere. Establish contact and communication and above all be fully and completely honest with your intentions, abilities, liabilities desires and dreams. Those of us who have already made this decision and choice are very capable of detecting bull**** and liars and have no patience for these type individuals.

Are you honorable? Are you respectful? Do you have a strong work ethic? Are you a visionary? Do you love being a human being and living on this earth at this time? Are you simply just DONE with being a slave and brainwashed? Act now and make your decision . . . .go with what your gut is saying.

What IS your gut saying now? And I mean that . . . .write down RIGHT NOW what do you ‘hear’ inside yourself RIGHT NOW. Post it . . .let us hear it with you!

2. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

If I may, I would add to DarMar's words from my own experience: it may feel like you are not in control of what happens to you. But you are in control of your attitude. And any pilot can tell you, attitude makes the difference between flight and toast.

In the greeting of the Skybax riders of Dinotopia: Breathe deep! Fly high!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Post:

Chrononaut (27th July 2012), DarMar (27th July 2012)

4. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 times in 243 posts

Quote Posted by Siberia9 (here)
    Ahhh yes, the ever present co-signer, ouch. Ok well then you must make the payments then. Or find a way to pay it off. How much money are we talking about? I assume you still have good credit?
    Six figures. Good credit.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Chrononaut (here)
    This is why we have to change our course away from this prison system and focus on self sufficiency living, make contact with others and collecting so much information as possible to begin to make communities.. I found out some good examples for Self Sufficient living with little or without money:

http://<div style="margin: 10px;"> ...<br /> </div>

And a good link to check out: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...utch-subtitles

I hope this may help a little.

Kindly regards, Chrononaut.
    I will check this out, thanks Chrononaut.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Marsila (here)
    Well I do think a lot of loans should be just cancelled as they weren't right to begin with... but that is just wishful thinking.

If you are being harassed by those calling agencies that want the 'lenders money' then depending on the state you are in, you can at least get them to harass you less often, but careful and double check everything as sometimes a 'cease and desist' may mean that you are now okay with them suing you for 'their' money.

The teaching English abroad is an idea...but depending on the country you will either be paid a lot or a little. I think in South Korea, Japan, and then the Gulf countries in the Middle East English teachers get paid a lot, while in Africa not so much. But the whole leaving the country in the first place, costs more money than you seem to have.

For now you need to figure out to pay at least just the amount needed to make sure the interest doesn't rise way too much. And sorry but try convincing your family to help you, as this will get the whole family at the end of the day if it isn't controlled as soon as possible.

Anyway am curious is this a 4 5 or 6 figure number, from your age, it may seem to still be in the 'possible' to deal with category, but I am not American so only roughly have an idea about how student loans work there, from friends who have spent the last 6 years paying them off...and still doing so!
    6 figures. And well, here's the thing. I have a job and I can barely make my payments due every month, but the thing is I have nothing after my strict frugle expenses + loans.

5. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    Quote Posted by PHARAOH (here)
    Phoenix, If "SHTF", do you really believe the bank will care about you paying them back? Don't you realize that they too will be looking for ways to survive (if they survive) instead of worrying about your debt which cannot be paid back even with US$$$ as it will no longer have value.
    True, but I think Phoenix meant that he needs money now (while it still lasts and is used) to buy the things needed to prep.

I have a bit different than usual view on this:

1. Cherish what you have got and do not waste time/energy on moaning what you haven't got.

2. When the SHTF lots of stuff will be abandoned. You will find what you need then.

3. Expect to be on the move, you cannot bring a whole lot with you anyway.

4. You need skills rather than 'stuff'

Train/prepare yourself to handle the issues listed above. Consider yourself lucky. You already are in a situation where you
    necessarily have to apply them. Lots of people who consider themselves still comfortable now are not prepping at all or
    at least in a practical way.

I can testify from own experience. It's not a study loan in my case, I'm just trying to live as much as possible with as
    less money as I can. There is another advantage ... you don't have to worry that your money is losing value

Many preppers will not survive.
    So true ... because of the points I listed above

Many that do, will wish they hadn't.
    I've been asking that myself and family too. But I think following the points that I listed
    one may still find quality in life provided you are not too hinged on the current paradigm.
    As someone with less stuff, more brainpower, I've been doing this a lot more often. I just feel the learning curve is quite steep with the clock ticking away. All those hours wasted in front of a TV... Jeez.

6. Link to Post #25
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kcbc2010 (here)
    Have you tried getting a forbearance or income-based repayment schedule for your loans? A lot of lenders are willing to alter the payment arrangement.

Out of all the loans we have, there's only one where we haven't been able to change the payment arrangements. That was because the loan was for computer training courses and not a "real" college. Even so, by taking advantage of the program for the other loans helped to make the payment for that one.

Are you doing everything in your power to solve the problem? You really don't do much more than that. Learning to be satisfied regardless of fault or blame is a struggle, but it will kill you if all you do is live in that space. I struggle with this everyday. I can't control food prices, but I can choose how I spend the money I have budgeted. I can't control a lot of what goes on, but I can control my attitude and how I react to the problem. I can only look at a problem and decide if I'm going to complain or solve it. (Honestly, some days, I totally make the wrong choice!)

I'd totally like to have my year worth of supplies like the Mormons do, but it's just not where my family's at. Considering the total picture of my situation, I'm just happy we have shelter and my husband has a job and my son has food. Bills will get paid when they get paid. The Student loan people can "F" themselves 'cuz they'll get their money when they get it. I feel bad when I can't make payments on time, but you know, emergencies come up and sometimes you have to spend your money elsewhere. Life happens. That's what Caller ID is for.
    Be satisfied with past mistakes that led to my perceived enslavement? I'd substitute satisfied with apathetically numbed.

When the people of Africa were taken by force to become slaves for everyone else, should they have been satisfied for the rest of their lives and their children's lives and their children's childreen's lives? Dr. King had it right. Not just for black people. His words ring truth for all people financially enslaved or by perceived societal enslavement.

If not satisfied, what? Angry? Reactionary? This only fights fire with fire - that never works. So love is the only answer? But then what do I do when someone puts a gun to my head? Love them to it it down??

Sorry for the rambling.

7. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

blufire gets todays gold star.

Also there are jobs available to skilled and educated people in New Zealand, the pay in on par with the US and there is lots of snow boarding.

If you search their essential skills list, there is more than one list so look carefully, you may find that you are wanted there and they dont pay you in the soon to be not so strong US Dollar.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

Phoenix (28th July 2012)

9. Link to Post #27
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    I am going to put myself out on the line a bit with this post.

Phoenix . . . . call all your creditors and the family members you have the loans with and tell them you can not pay for a few months. If you have a mortgage on a house or apartment rent call them too and tell them you just don’t have the money but that you feel you will be straightened out in a few months . . . write them letters stating this and your intentions in “x-amount” of months. Cut your other living expenses as hard as you can.

With the money you will save from not paying these loans and bills, make wise choices in what you will need to be self sufficient for at least one year to 18 months.

In a matter of one (1) year we will know, I feel, with near complete certainty, what we are in for. The eighteen months of ‘survival supplies” will allow you the time to come to your next decision I will lay out for you.

Listen folks . . . this is not a matter of surviving a cataclysmic ELE event. This is a matter of making through horrific chaos in the event of a solar cme that will knock us back to the 1800’s and/or the collapse of the global financial economies and ensuing restructuring.

Either way and I actually believe strongly we are in the middle of both of these scenarios right now, 99% of humanity will suffer greatly for many many more years. An ELE (extinction level event) or event that takes out most of the global population would be much kinder but I truly do not think the odds are high of this type of event. I do think the governments and controllers are preparing for this possibility . . . as they should, to protect and ensure the human and planetary biological genome continuation. But we, as a whole we will not nor would we want to survive this type of event.

I feel strongly that every last one of us has two options:

(1) Stay in the game and the illusion that has been designed and implemented for us and stay locked into slavery for the rest of your life. And you will have a lot of company with this decision . . . . .Because the other option is far too scary for us OR WE THINK IT IS because we have been carefully conditioned to believe we cannot make it on our own with out stifling government and “controllers”.

OR

(2) Make a complete lifestyle change. Step out of the game and STAY out of the game. Plan carefully your escape to utter and blessed freedom. Find a place away from the madness and where people have this same plan and lifestyle.

Forget the stupid nonsensical ideal of “I’m going to find people of like mind” . . . they are not there . . because that phrase and thoguht has been thrown around until IT HAS NO MEANING. We are humans and in our humanity we are not of like mind. BUT we can make the same FOUNDATIONAL CHOICE of Freedom from Slavery and Scarcity to Living in Peace and Abundance.

In the second choice (of which I have made) of living this lifestyle of abundance and peace the everyday little problems and trouble that arises from our humanity are much easier solved and most acclimate quickly to solutions BECAUSE there is no fear or animosity toward your fellow human and neighbor BECAUSE the fear that you will starve or not have money or not have a home or not be able to provide for yourself and family is GONE.

Okay . . .now I am about to put myself on the line. There are those of us who are ahead of the game and are fairly set . . .we saw this coming many years ago and acted quickly and easier. If a cme (immediate 1800 living) hit or complete economic collapse happened (hypothetically) next month, I and my neighbors already know who will be allowed into the community and surrounding area. . . . those people who want in will be turned away and we will make the “hard decisions” in this type of life or death event and way of life.

I hear all the time on PA and other forums . . . .”Well, when the shtf I will just go to the country or the mountains to live” . . . .I will tell you this, that will NOT happen. Those wise enough to already be established and prepared are ‘just that” . . .we are ready for most perceived scenarios and one of those scenarios is we only have enough food or supplies for a certain amount of people. More importantly the natural resources in any given area will only support a determined amount of people to remain ecologically and sustainably balanced.

Those who have not made the fundamental lifestyle choices and change before the shtf will become an extreme liability to the abundance and peace we have now.

So Phoenix . . . .

Call your creditors and family and tell them you can’t pay for a few months

Use that money to buy supplies to last for 1 year to 18 months and use this time also to make your decision on how you will live the rest of your life and understand CLEARLY this is a choice of how you will live the rest of your life WHETHER the shtf or NOT. Choose slavery OR freedom.

If you choose freedom, begin to make contacts asap with individuals in an area you would like to live. We are everywhere. Establish contact and communication and above all be fully and completely honest with your intentions, abilities, liabilities desires and dreams. Those of us who have already made this decision and choice are very capable of detecting bull**** and liars and have no patience for these type individuals.

Are you honorable? Are you respectful? Do you have a strong work ethic? Are you a visionary? Do you love being a human being and living on this earth at this time? Are you simply just DONE with being a slave and brainwashed? Act now and make your decision . . . .go with what your gut is saying.

What IS your gut saying now? And I mean that . . . .write down RIGHT NOW what do you ‘hear’ inside yourself RIGHT NOW. Post it . . .let us hear it with you!
    I choose freedom. I'm figuring out what that means. I search but am not sure where to find those like yourself. I am honorable and respectful. I envision bountiful life on earth, and am frustrated to see these dreams shattered by hate and intolerance. I love being human, the programming is so thick to cut through however.

Here's my guts:

Deep down, I feel that if one saves oneself, one saves the world. I'm not saying if there is a fire in a preschool, I'm gunna George Castanza my way out and push little kids and old ladies out of the way. I'm saying, if I follow my heart and do where it takes me, others will see that, and without saying a word communicate them all that is about being human.

Deep down, all I want to do is snowboard. Maybe compete in races, train myself to be better, and at the same time, write about life and how topics like that on PA make my heart shine, and share that love with others.

My roadblock is that it seems selfish to me. And it seems almost foolish, in times like these to chase a dream involving sports, while people are dying everywhere. I feel ashamed and I project ungratefulness.

The reason I feel that way is because:

I chose chemical engineering in college because I saw what happened on 9/11, and I wanted to devote my life to helping as many people as humanly possible. I bought into the notion that there were of jobs and the pay was excellent. I figured, naively, that only people with power get a seat at the table. People get power from money. So I figured I'd amass a fortune to then influence others with money and attack the paradigm from there.

Now, I realize that the controllers have more money than I could ever imagine, and that route is futile, because all power is found at the base of the pyramid, when unified.

I thought I'd be working on alternative fuels, or cancer treatments, or something else big... But no, in actuality those problems have been solved, and their solutions have been locked away and Goliath has eaten the key. It's demoralizing to come to terms with the monster that literally kills innocent people through lack of food, water and sanitary conditions and the horrors of war and disease.

I want to help. I've done the protesting. I've talked to everyone I know. Drones are in the air, spying on you and drones are on the ground, telling you you're weird for squeezing lemons into a glass instead of buying a box of it ready made. I visit PA, to learn more, and make changed in my life. But in the end, I just feel useless. I'm a bright, vibrant, empathetic, ambitious, loving person that has been mentally and emotionally beaten to his knees.

Phoenix

10. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by Siberia9 (here)
    blufire gets todays gold star.

Also there are jobs available to skilled and educated people in New Zealand, the pay in on par with the US and there is lots of snow boarding.

If you search their essential skills list, there is more than one list so look carefully, you may find that you are wanted there and they dont pay you in the soon to be not so strong US Dollar.
    NOOOOO don't come here to NZ!!! NZ is a HIGH cost of living (especially rents as our housing hasn't crashed yet) and low wage country. More workers have left NZ than left Russia after 1991 (in %'age terms)! OK, we have snow boarding but there are no well paid jobs unless he has connections! He's a college student so he has no "trade" so he can't work rebuilding Christchurch after the earthquakes. Also, he'd be worse off here without family support (you see how much you need it when you move away).

E.g. see how miserly employers here- they turn employees into "contractors" then just cut their pay when they feel like it!
    http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/1423...over-pay-cuts/
    Last edited by Mulder; 29th July 2012 at 19:17.
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

Chrononaut (28th July 2012), lookbeyond (28th July 2012), Marsila (28th July 2012), Phoenix (28th July 2012)

12. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

6 figures? those controllers are so clever in making ways to ensure a person works for them for very very long times.
    you aren't the first US person i met at your age, with 6 figure student loans, but just to tell you from what i saw in others, don't leave your country...even when some were getting paid quite the salary, rents, cost of life, and not knowing their way around foreign countries and their rules and their 'habits', ensured a lot of those people could not last, and simply went back home and tried to sort their loans from within their own country. and it was not just one person who came up with that 'conclusion' after trying their luck elsewhere.

Also i found this link for you
    http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-reduce-student-loan-debt/
    and some ideas from it
    Quote Step 5: If You Can't Pay

If it is simply impossible to meet your monthly demands and still stay afloat, there are thankfully a few options for you to consider:
    You may also qualify for loan forgiveness if you are employed by one of the following programs (note that the amounts listed are to be applied against student loan debt and are not received as cash):31

Peace Corps: Volunteers may apply for deferment of Stafford, Perkins and Consolidation loans and partial cancellation of Perkins Loans (15% for each year of service, up to 70% in total).32
    Americorps: Serve for 12 months and receive $4725 to be used towards your loan, plus a living stipend.33
    VISTA: Complete 1700 hours and receive $4725.34
    National Guard: Students who are in the Army National Guard may be eligible for their Student Loan Repayment Program, which offers up to $10,000.35
    Teaching in an underserved area: Students who teach full-time in an elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families can have a portion of their Perkins and Stafford loans forgiven. Additional loan forgiveness programs for teachers vary by state. See the American Federation of Teachers' resources for teachers seeking loan forgiveness.
    Graduate students who become doctors in an under-served area, or lawyers in the public interest sector may also qualify for loan forgiveness.31 Consult FinAid's extensive list of loan forgiveness programs, some of which offer eligibility to students living in particular regions or states, to see if you qualify for any loan forgiveness.31

I hope there is something in that article that helps you, but good luck anyway. I still think a lot of student loans should simply be cancelled, but that doesn't look like it is happening any time soon, so try to get rid of as much as you can for now.

13. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Marsila (here)
    6 figures? those controllers are so clever in making ways to ensure a person works for them for very very long times.
    you aren't the first US person i met at your age, with 6 figure student loans, but just to tell you from what i saw in others, don't leave your country...even when some were getting paid quite the salary, rents, cost of life, and not knowing their way around foreign countries and their rules and their 'habits', ensured a lot of those people could not last, and simply went back home and tried to sort their loans from within their own country. and it was not just one person who came up with that 'conclusion' after trying their luck elsewhere.

Also i found this link for you
    http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-reduce-student-loan-debt/
    and some ideas from it
    Quote Step 5: If You Can't Pay

If it is simply impossible to meet your monthly demands and still stay afloat, there are thankfully a few options for you to consider:
    You may also qualify for loan forgiveness if you are employed by one of the following programs (note that the amounts listed are to be applied against student loan debt and are not received as cash):31

Peace Corps: Volunteers may apply for deferment of Stafford, Perkins and Consolidation loans and partial cancellation of Perkins Loans (15% for each year of service, up to 70% in total).32
    Americorps: Serve for 12 months and receive $4725 to be used towards your loan, plus a living stipend.33
    VISTA: Complete 1700 hours and receive $4725.34
    National Guard: Students who are in the Army National Guard may be eligible for their Student Loan Repayment Program, which offers up to $10,000.35
    Teaching in an underserved area: Students who teach full-time in an elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families can have a portion of their Perkins and Stafford loans forgiven. Additional loan forgiveness programs for teachers vary by state. See the American Federation of Teachers' resources for teachers seeking loan forgiveness.
    Graduate students who become doctors in an under-served area, or lawyers in the public interest sector may also qualify for loan forgiveness.31 Consult FinAid's extensive list of loan forgiveness programs, some of which offer eligibility to students living in particular regions or states, to see if you qualify for any loan forgiveness.31

I hope there is something in that article that helps you, but good luck anyway. I still think a lot of student loans should simply be cancelled, but that doesn't look like it is happening any time soon, so try to get rid of as much as you can for now.
    Hi Marsila, thanks for your comment.

80% are private loans. The above, and most ways out only cover federal loans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2