+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is Happiness and Love?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: What is Happiness and Love?

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    Quote Posted by ivaray (here)
    I do not think love chases happiness or happiness chases love. It is not about Chasing the Pavements. One is caught in love, and happiness washes away always on the other side of the shore.... For true love is always the farthest lighthouse. (Hmm… Do not take this seriously, it is just play on concepts and words). It might be that there is no true love, and happiness resides only in New York, in the state of (y...) mind

Thanks for sharing your great ideas, it made me make this foolish contribution to the post.
    Not foolish at all you crazy person!

The spread of happiness is love, love is the expression of happiness...inside or on the pavement!
    Even when we feel unhappy, happiness is just there waiting.
    When we experience unhappiness, it is happiness that is experiencing it....it's just there!

Somedays are heavy, somedays are lighter love is still there....there no getting away from it!

Tony
    Thanks. I am sorry for my late response and thanks to all persons following this thread. Way back when I responded to the thread my computer showed to me it was not published, and I was not aware even that my comment was there. I agree with you Tony, but I am not sure it is so simple at all.... What is happiness? What is blue? What is to wait? Though, one thing certainly is: "there is no getting away from it."

2. Link to Post #22
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    I do not think love chases happiness or happiness chases love. It is not about Chasing the Pavements. One is caught in love, and happiness washes away always on the other side of the shore.... For true love is always the farthest lighthouse. (Hmm… Do not take this seriously, it is just play on concepts and words). It might be that there is no true love, and happiness resides only in New York, in the state of (y...) mind

Thanks for sharing your great ideas, it made me make this foolish contribution to the post.
    Not foolish at all you crazy person!

The spread of happiness is love, love is the expression of happiness...inside or on the pavement!
    Even when we feel unhappy, happiness is just there waiting.
    When we experience unhappiness, it is happiness that is experiencing it....it's just there!

Somedays are heavy, somedays are lighter love is still there....there no getting away from it!

Tony
    Thanks. I am sorry for my late response and thanks to all persons following this thread. Way back when I responded to the thread my computer showed to me it was not published, and I was not aware even that my comment was there. I agree with you Tony, but I am not sure it is so simple at all.... What is happiness? What is blue? What is to wait? Though, one thing certainly is: "there is no getting away from it."

Dear Ivaray,
    What wonderful questions!

All we need to do is simplify the questions into what is real/constant, and what is impermanent/seemingly real.

Words like, happiness, blue and wait, are just sounds we give a meaning to, to describe an experience. Over time the words are given more power than the experience. So we give the words happiness, blue and waiting, a reality when it is not the actual experience.....I've just got complicated!!!

Happiness is your ordinary absolute reality, it is nothing exciting, just pure unconditional happiness. It does not rely on any condition to make it happy. If you are just sitting, and do not feel unhappy, then you are happy. That is just being. But we are lead to believe that we need to be 'something'...happier! In seeking something you already are, is the cause of unhappiness, an unreality.

Blue, is a cool vibration opposite to red, a warm vibration. What is very funny, is that a true colour can never be found! This is because any colour is influenced by the ambient light falling on it, plus the reflections of other objects. As an illustrator, I had to paint a bright red car...I couldn't find the actual colour anywhere! So colours are not constant.

Waiting, is a designation of time that only applies to objects that are impermanent, changable. They have a beginning a middle and an end. So, as things are impermanent and have no true existence so time has no true existence. In space there is no time, time only applies to objects is this space. Space just is...there is no time limit!

Now is that all crystal clear and simple?

All the best,
    Tony
    Last edited by Tony; 26th August 2012 at 07:49.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

21CC (1st September 2012), gigha (26th August 2012), ivaray (26th August 2012)

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Sounds great! You lifted my spirits! Thanks pie'n'eal, reply with a smile on the face :-)

Yes, I agree with you that the most important thing is what is real, therefore, that what it is, rather than that what is not, which by its non existence cannot even be (wow... again I use too many words). Words are often just castles in the air, worms in the head, and just too much worry.. I like your threads, but also patience and focus with which your respond.
    Last edited by ivaray; 26th August 2012 at 20:50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2