+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The occult significance of Glastonbury Tor in the Olympics opening ceremony

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 times in 610 posts

Default The occult significance of Glastonbury Tor in the Olympics opening ceremony

Friends have been asking me about the magical significance of Glastonbury Tor since they saw it in the opening ceremony of the Olympics last night.

I don’t profess to know everything about the Tor. I doubt there are many that do. But I do live here in Glastonbury and, as a shaman, when I walk these lands, they reveal to me some of their secrets. And so I can share with you what I know, and also the thoughts of those more expert than me.

In a nutshell, Glastonbury Tor is a huge vortex of spiritual and temporal power for the British Isles. Wnen Alfred the Great was trying to recapture them back from the Vikings, in the 9th century, he was camped out near here. But before that, as a child of just six, he had been sent to Rome to learn the great arts and his curriculum would have included magical alchemy, as this was practised by the monks of that time. And so it is my belief that Alfred used the power of the Michael and Mary leylines, which intertwine in a kind of etheric fertility dance to create the incredble vortic energies of Glastonbury Tor, to change who held the power in the land.

After signing a treaty with the Vikings, to consolidate his power, a series of campaigns by Edward Elder and his sister, AEthelflaed, known as the Lady of the Mercians, swiftly saw off the countrymen of Eric Bloodaxe and Ragnald son of Sygtrygg ~ and they haven’t been back since!

Read more at The Alchemical Secrets of Glastonbury Tor
    Last edited by Ishtar; 29th July 2012 at 00:01.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

ajyana (31st July 2012), Aurvandil (30th July 2012), Cartomancer (29th July 2012), CD7 (30th July 2012), Cidersomerset (29th July 2012), Dorjezigzag (29th July 2012), Eram (30th July 2012), Fred Steeves (29th July 2012), gripreaper (29th July 2012), mahalall (30th July 2012), Mark (29th July 2012), Midnight Rambler (29th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012), Ouroboros (1st August 2012), Studeo (29th July 2012), Torus Field (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Default Re: The occult significance of Glastonbury Tor in the Olympics opening ceremony

What a nice pyramid picture here above! Under the tower. I would love to dig this site...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Cartomancer (29th July 2012), Holly Lindin (29th July 2012), Ishtar (28th July 2012), Mark (29th July 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

Default Re: The occult significance of Glastonbury Tor in the Olympics opening ceremony

I have read some things about Dr. John Dee and Glastonbury that state he found the 'Holy Grail' there. Interesting was the skit with the Queen and 007 James Bond. 007 was Dr. Dee's code name when communicating with Queen Elizabeth I. Dr. Dee was also the Queens astrologer and taught navigation to the Royal Navy. As I said in the other thread about the symbolism of the ceremony it was interesting that the tree of life sprang from the top of the hill. In some mythology Joseph of Arimathea was said to have come to Glastonbury more than once and possibly Christ as well.

I also noticed the large flying pig hung above Battersea power station in that skit. A direct reference to Pink Floyd's 'Animals' album!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

Aurvandil (30th July 2012), Flash (29th July 2012), Fred Steeves (29th July 2012), gripreaper (29th July 2012), Ishtar (29th July 2012), Mark (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Yes, John Dee came to Glastonbury and ransacked the post Reformation ruins of the Abbey and the church, looking for St Dunstan's recipe for the Philosopher's Stone. It is uncertain whether he found it.

Dunstan (909-988) was the Abbot of Glastonbury and also went on to become Archbishop of Canterbury. He was a personal counsellor to King Edmund.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Cartomancer (29th July 2012), Mark (29th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

By the way, it's only just occurred to me that some on here may not know that the inner planes name for Glastonbury is Avalon? And the mythical site of King Arthur's Camelot is also just a half-an-hour's drive from here?
    Last edited by Ishtar; 29th July 2012 at 10:38.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Aurvandil (30th July 2012), Cartomancer (29th July 2012), Flash (30th July 2012), Fred Steeves (29th July 2012), gripreaper (29th July 2012), gs_powered (29th July 2012), Mark (29th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012), Rollo (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012), Zencat (29th July 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ishtar (here)
    By the way, it's only just occurred to me that some on here may not know that the inner planes name for Glastonbury is Avalon? And the mythical site of King Arthur's Camelot is also just a half-an-hour's drive from here?
    I have noticed that and thought it was a wild synchromystic thing! I recently came across another Avalon clue in my work. The Avalon Peninsula in Newfoundland was named by Bacon and his Colony there was named Cupids (eros god of love). Interestingly he may have chosen the spot for Avalon and Cupids based on the ancient directional systems that I have been talking about. Rosslyn Chapel is due north of Glastonbury Tor and may have been placed this way intentionally.

Personal synchromystic note: My mother is from just three miles north of Cupids!!

The Avalon in Newfoundland included Cupids one of the Colonies Bacon had an interest in including Jamestown Virginia. Part of my theory is that he used the same ley line to place Cupids that was used to hide the Oak Island Treasure. Many legends say his papers or what is known as Bacons Vault is indeed the Oak Island Treasure. Here's my video about that and an article is being included in the first volume of True History Journal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tI7rss4dtQ
    Last edited by Cartomancer; 29th July 2012 at 19:12.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

9eagle9 (29th July 2012), Dorjezigzag (29th July 2012), gripreaper (29th July 2012), Ishtar (29th July 2012), Mark (29th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,463 times in 2,850 posts

Have you found out any more info regarding the Kolbrin Bible and Glastonbury Abbey, Ishtar?

How interesting that that locale is of such significance in so many areas.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Cartomancer (29th July 2012), Ishtar (29th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I was recently reading that an archaeologist was saying that Galstonbury was built up in levels and had different forms as it was built up. He was saying that the lowest level had an octagonal shape to it. This is interesting becuase others theorize that King Arthur's Castle was at Stirling Castle in Scotland. A huge octagonal earthworks is located there that many equate with the 'round table.' It would be so interesting if there was also an octagon at Glastonbury. Link to Stirling article;

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/scie...and-61421.html

Attachment 17587

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

Ishtar (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Uncanny, isn't it? The most highly evolved and energetic blog on the internet is called Avalon?
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

9eagle9 (29th July 2012), Aurvandil (30th July 2012), Cartomancer (29th July 2012), Ishtar (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012), Zencat (29th July 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cartomancer (here)
    Here's my video about that and an article is being included in the first volume of True History Journal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tI7rss4dtQ
    Oh my goodness! I've been talking to you for a good while now, and I've only just realised who you are. Not only that, but there's some amazing synchronicity here, because since Red Ice Creations started publishing some of my stuff, I've been exploring their radio section and today for the first time heard you being interviewed about Axis Mundi. I was rivetted to my seat the whole way through, trying to jot down the points of interest but in the end there were so many , I resolved that I would have to listen to it again. I then proceeded to find your blog and have earmarked it with the resolution to read every single thing that's on it. Meanwhile, I posted the Axis Mundi interview on my forum, Ishtar's Gate, saying that I couldn't recommend it more highly. And I can't. It's going to take me a while to work through all your research, but I do intend to do so.

My life has taken me more into landscape zodiacs lately and landscape giants... but also I'm working with another female shaman to bring together the Divine Masculine at Cadbury/Camelot (I think the so called hillfort is a serpent mound) and the thinly disguised Divine Feminine Venus Temple of Stourhead.

To me, Arthur is not a historical character but a mythological character derived from the constellation of the Great Bear ('arth' in Celtic).

Avalon, I believe, derives from the River Avon, but the word 'avon' (afen and afon also) means 'river'. So the River Avon means 'River River'.

Yes, Bacon was another fascinating character, I believe.

It's great to meet you, Cort. I think your work is fantastic and groundbreaking and I look forward to exploring it all.
    Last edited by Ishtar; 29th July 2012 at 20:42.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Aurvandil (30th July 2012), Cartomancer (29th July 2012), gripreaper (29th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Have you found out any more info regarding the Kolbrin Bible and Glastonbury Abbey, Ishtar?

How interesting that that locale is of such significance in so many areas.
    Hi Rahkyt,

It's good to see you! And I must thank you again for introducing me to The Kolbrin.

There is some controversy about whether or not it's a fake, which will probably remain unresolved until they find a way to date the bronze leaves it's inscribed upon.

But for me it was an eye-opener ~ on my father's mother's side, I'm a Smith, and all the bells in my head started ringing when I started to read these texts because it is obviously the works of the smiths, who were here in Glastonbury until Henry 1st threw them out and changed the currency from a debt-based one (for which the smiths produced the gold and silver coins) to one based on wooden sticks. This is referred to as the time that the Jews were thrown out of Britain (only to be let in again by Cromwell about four hundred years later, to create the Bank of England), but I don't think they were Jews in how we think of Jews today, although they had come here from the Middle East, but probably via Mesopotamia, judging from the stories in the Kolbrin.

A lot of the above is based on my hunch about it... it just resonated with me on the smith level and as a shaman, I have met and have been working with this branch of the ancestral tree, and I'm very fond of them! So somebody could probably 'prove to me' that the Kolbrin is a fake, but I still probably wouldn't believe them, because my sense is so strong about this.

Just before Henry threw out the smiths, there was a fire in the abbey that is thought to have been started deliberately and many precious artifacts were 'lost' from that. I think The Kolbrin could have been amongst those lost items.

Anyway, I live just off Silver Street which runs along the side of the Abbey. Some say it's called Silver after silvan, Latin for 'wooded'. But I'm convinced that this was the street of the goldsmiths and silversmiths before they were thrown out, and my dreams confirm it.
    Last edited by Ishtar; 29th July 2012 at 20:32.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Cartomancer (29th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

I would say that the Michael tower atop Glastonbury Tor is an earthing device, to scramble and dissapate Goddess energies, a giant phallus erected by Christians to disempower us and to render us magically barren. The tower is a phallus to f*** over the Godess, the terrace along which the flags were displayed in the opening ceremony is a labyrinth in which service to the Godess was consolidated and in which the individual was charged with energies of the divine feminine. The tower atop Glastonbury Tor is an early device for perpetuating separation consciousness.
    Last edited by music; 29th July 2012 at 21:21.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Cartomancer (29th July 2012), gripreaper (30th July 2012), InTheBackground (8th October 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Thank you Ishtar. I am always enjoying what you have to say because we are approaching similar subject matter from a different perspective but with significant overlap! I have gleaned a lot of appreciation for your views and insights. I'm always here to discuss any of this with you and the entire forum. Please link to your articles on Red Ice if possible.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

InTheBackground (8th October 2012), Ishtar (29th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by music (here)
    I would say that the Michael tower atop Glastonbury Tor is an earthing device, to scramble and dissapate Goddess energies, a giant phallus erected by Christians to disempower us and to render us magically barren. The tor is a phallus to f*** over the Godess, the terrace along which the flags were displayed in the opening ceremony is a labyrinth in which service to the Godess was consolidated and in which the individual was charged with energies of the divine feminine. The tower atop Glastonbury Tor is an early device for perpetuating separation consciousness.
    Well, I think Danny Boyle was quite right to put an oak tree on the top of his Tor, in the Olympic stadium, because there almost certainly would have been one there, when the Druids led the spiritual tradition of these Isles. However, the Michael 'tower' you speak of is really not a tower, but all that's left of a Christian church which has been destroyed over time. So I agree that the church would have been placed on a 'pagan' ritual site, as was the Romans habit of the time, to hijack the sacred places and install their own patriarchal religion on top. But the Tor itself is far from phallic or masculine, because its etheric body is built by two intertwining male and female leylines (Michael and Mary) and also the male red iron-containing spring and the female white calcium-containing spring. In this way, Glastonbury Tor represents the perfect balance between masculine and feminine energies.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Aurvandil (30th July 2012), Cartomancer (29th July 2012), music (29th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Yes, I know what the tower is the remains of. I have been there and dowsed it and the surrounding area, as I have most sacred sites in Britain. Everything in a duality expresses in this world as either masculine or feminine, despite the fact that all is 50% masculine and 50% feminine. The Tor expresses as feminine despite being a point where the streams meet. The tower of every church is an earthing device, period.

I nowhere say the tor is phallic - the tor is the hill, and completely unconnected to the tower. The tower is an abherration. The tor is for service to the goddess, despite the fact that yes, like everything in this duality, it is half and half.
    Last edited by music; 29th July 2012 at 21:18.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Cartomancer (30th July 2012), Ishtar (29th July 2012)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Ah, I see...when you said...

The tor is a phallus to f*** over the Godess
    it was probably a typo and you meant tower?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Cartomancer (30th July 2012)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Ah, I see...when you said...

The tor is a phallus to f*** over the Godess
    it was probably a typo and you meant tower?
    Yes, sorry, my mistake, doing too much too quickly before going to work Thanks for picking up on the that, I'll change it now.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Cartomancer (30th July 2012), Ishtar (29th July 2012)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Thank you, Cartomancer. I really appreciate that.

I'm watching the Oak Island Mystery as we speak.

I've had a few articles on Red Ice but the one I think that will interest you the most is The Enchantment of the Olympics and the Earthstars Matrix.

Recent leyline stuff on the Gate includes the new Melkhart Leyline and also more on the Belinus Line since Gary Biltcliffe's book, The Spine of Albion, came out about it. Also Prehistoric leylines of the British Isles might be of interest if you haven't already seen it.

In addition, we've got lots of stuff on landscape zodiacs in the Archaeo-astronomy section including threads about the Glastonbury and Malvern Zodiacs and also the huge landscape zodiac of the British Isles which has been developed from something called the Gipsy Switch. The Gypsy Switch is the annual cyclic pattern of 12 gypsy and traveller horse fairs that would talke place around the British Isles at one time according to the time of year, and the travellers would follow those fairs. Most of the fairs have died out now but some older travellers remember the course of the Gypsy Switch and if you follow it, you gradually see that the place names tie in with the relevant astrological sign. It's quite fascinating!
    Last edited by Ishtar; 29th July 2012 at 21:39.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Cartomancer (30th July 2012), gripreaper (30th July 2012), NancyV (29th July 2012)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 times in 642 posts

I have noticed that and thought it was a wild synchromystic thing! I recently came across another Avalon clue in my work. The Avalon Peninsula in Newfoundland was named by Bacon and his Colony there was named Cupids (eros god of love). Interestingly he may have chosen the spot for Avalon and Cupids based on the ancient directional systems that I have been talking about. Rosslyn Chapel is due north of Glastonbury Tor and may have been placed this way intentionally.

Personal synchromystic note: My mother is from just three miles north of Cupids!!

The Avalon in Newfoundland included Cupids one of the Colonies Bacon had an interest in including Jamestown Virginia. Part of my theory is that he used the same ley line to place Cupids that was used to hide the Oak Island Treasure. Many legends say his papers or what is known as Bacons Vault is indeed the Oak Island Treasure.
    The Oak Island Treasure may more likely have been brought by a group of Templars earlier than Bacon - in the 14th c. The Templar group came to begin the New Arcadia and was headed by Henry I Sinclair (c. 1345 – c. 1400) Baron of Roslin and Earl of Orkney, a Scottish nobleman and grandfather of William Sinclair 1st Earl of Caithness the builder of Rosslyn Chapel.

At dissolution in 1312 the western Templars fled from Portugal to Scotland. Much of the Templar treasure was taken with them to Portugal and funded centuries of sea projects to the New World.

I posted a reference to a series of excellent research books on the subject here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-1342.../page3

Written by Toronto researcher Michael Bradley, the 3 part series of books are called
    1/ Holy Grail Across the Atlantic-The Secret History of Canadian Discovery and Exploration" (1988)
    2/ Grail Knights of North America - On the Trail of the Grail Legacy in Canada and the United States" (1998)
    3/ Swords at Sunset - last Stand of North America's Grail Knights" (2004)

In this series Bradley outlines his many infield discoveries, including being taken to see existing remains of a 14th c. 'castle' in Nova Scotia, as well as his 'speculations' about settlements by Prince Henry's remaining 400+ Knights Templars.

He traces their descendants' spread from Nova Scotia to NY state, Vermont area, ending with settlements along Lake Ontario and throughout the Niagara region. In his opinion the finally tally was about 13,000 descendants, until they were assimilated or massacred about 250 years later. (DNA findings among natives in the area does actually prove some mixed race lineage with Scandinavian markers.)

BTW He also links the Mormon bible with the settlement. Joseph Smith was among many 'treasure hunters' in the Vermont area. The writings that Smith later used in his bible apparently have eerie echos to ancient Templar writings.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TWINCANS For This Post:

Cartomancer (30th July 2012), CD7 (30th July 2012), gripreaper (30th July 2012), Ishtar (30th July 2012)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TWINCANS (here)

The Avalon in Newfoundland included Cupids one of the Colonies Bacon had an interest in including Jamestown Virginia. Part of my theory is that he used the same ley line to place Cupids that was used to hide the Oak Island Treasure. Many legends say his papers or what is known as Bacons Vault is indeed the Oak Island Treasure.
    The Oak Island Treasure may more likely have been brought by a group of Templars earlier than Bacon - in the 14th c. The Templar group came to begin the New Arcadia and was headed by Henry I Sinclair (c. 1345 – c. 1400) Baron of Roslin and Earl of Orkney, a Scottish nobleman and grandfather of William Sinclair 1st Earl of Caithness the builder of Rosslyn Chapel.

At dissolution in 1312 the western Templars fled from Portugal to Scotland. Much of the Templar treasure was taken with them to Portugal and funded centuries of sea projects to the New World.

I posted a reference to a series of excellent research books on the subject here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-1342.../page3

Written by Toronto researcher Michael Bradley, the 3 part series of books are called
    1/ Holy Grail Across the Atlantic-The Secret History of Canadian Discovery and Exploration" (1988)
    2/ Grail Knights of North America - On the Trail of the Grail Legacy in Canada and the United States" (1998)
    3/ Swords at Sunset - last Stand of North America's Grail Knights" (2004)

In this series Bradley outlines his many infield discoveries, including being taken to see existing remains of a 14th c. 'castle' in Nova Scotia, as well as his 'speculations' about settlements by Prince Henry's remaining 400+ Knights Templars.

He traces their descendants' spread from Nova Scotia to NY state, Vermont area, ending with settlements along Lake Ontario and throughout the Niagara region. In his opinion the finally tally was about 13,000 descendants, until they were assimilated or massacred about 250 years later. (DNA findings among natives in the area does actually prove some mixed race lineage with Scandinavian markers.)

BTW He also links the Mormon bible with the settlement. Joseph Smith was among many 'treasure hunters' in the Vermont area. The writings that Smith later used in his bible apparently have eerie echos to ancient Templar writings.
    Amazing. Thank you for the new sources. I covered many of these topics in my last book 'Axis Mundi.' Yet I have never read any of the sources you noted. I have found evidence linking Joseph Smith to the Knights Templar Strict Observance A.R. I have also found some wild spatial associations with the discovery site of the Golden Tablets to the Great Pyramid of Giza. In addition I found a significant portion of the Newark Earthworks in Ohio oriented towards the Great Pyramid of Giza. The NW diagonal of the GPOG creates an azimuth on the globe along which the Golden Tablets were found and a specific earthen structure at Newark were intentionally oriented.

Within the central portion of this feature was found a burial that included a stone inscribed with the ten commandments in Hebrew! The statue also depicted a Goddess figure with stellated crown like the statue of Liberty. The City of Memphis Tennessee and the Pyramid there are oriented along this same azimuth. Memphis is the official sister city of Memphis Egypt. The Serepent Mound in Ohio is also located very near this azimuth or Ley Line. Here are links to two videos I made about Newark and the Secret Maps of the Knights Templar. These both touch on subjects you brought up in your post.

Newark Earthworks and the Golden Tablets of Joseph Smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S7KJi0waTM

Secret Maps of the Knights Templar

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ER9g_L9EQRc

I have a video coming soon about Glastonbury and Avebury!
    Last edited by Cartomancer; 30th July 2012 at 01:05.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

CD7 (30th July 2012), gripreaper (30th July 2012), Ishtar (30th July 2012), TWINCANS (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast