+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Olympics 2012: What's up England..???

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Olympics 2012: What's up England..???

Ok we all know the Olympics is on..

But I would like to know what the (General Public Consensus) is or (Your Own)..?

I have not heard a whisper from our UK members about...

e.g
    • What is the general mood in Britain re: The Olympics..?
    • What did the everyday English public think of their Opening Ceremony..?
    • Is there a general feeling around town something is going to happen during the Olympics..?
    • Did anyone in England object to the Sexualisation of the Opening Ceremony..?
    • Did anyone object to highlighting the (NHS)..?
    • How are your friends, family & workmates feeling about the games..?
    • Are they expecting another 'False Flag'..?
    • Is anyone Waking Up to whats been going on with G4S, British Troops, etc..?
    So if your out there somewhere UK Avalonians, what's the Scoop..?

PS - Not interested in someone just cutting & pasting a link...

I would like some (On-The-Ground) INTEL as to what the general consensus is..?

Are the General Public Happy? - Expectant? - Afraid/Fearful? - Excited? - Whinging? - Hopeful? - etc, etc...
    Last edited by jackovesk; 30th July 2012 at 08:35.

2. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,530 times in 419 posts

Default Re: Olympics 2012: What's up England..???

Definitely not fearful, enjoying the Olympics being in the UK. Obviously people try to hijack things for their own agenda but its up to the individual how they view things.

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to andrewgreen For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (30th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), DarMar (30th July 2012), Humble Janitor (1st August 2012), IndigoStar (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), Mark (1st August 2012), Nickolai (30th July 2012), steveofengland (30th July 2012), ulli (30th July 2012), Wind (30th July 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,971 times in 881 posts

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)

But I would like to know what the (General Public Consensus) is..?

I have not heard a whisper from our UK members about...

e.g
    • What is the general mood in Britain re: The Olympics..?
    • What did the everyday English public think of their Opening Ceremony..?
    • Is there a general feeling around town something is going to happen during the Olympics..?
    • Did anyone in England object to the Sexualisation of the Opening Ceremony..?
    • Did anyone object to highlighting the (NHS)..?
    • How are your friends, family & workmates feeling about the games..?
    • Are they expecting another 'False Flag'..?
    • Is anyone Waking Up to whats been going on with G4S, British Troops, etc..?
    So if your out there somewhere UK Avalonians, what's the Scoop..?

PS - Not interested in someone just cutting & pasting a link...

I would like some (On-The-Ground) INTEL as to what the general consensus is..?

Are the General Public Happy? - Expectant? - Afraid/Fearful? - Excited? - Whinging? - Hopeful? - etc, etc...

Hi Jack,

I have never met anyone in the UK who is awake and aware yet so from my experience people are just for the Games and everything they stand for with no questions asked.

Generally what happens in this country is that the mood gets dictated by the media, particularly the newspapers. If they are behind the Olympics, then the people will be. There was a lot of negative press about the Olympics in the lead up to it but this is just what the media do and it was no surprise that they changed tune the day after the opening and rallied behind it in support.

My guess is over the coming weeks they (media, particularly newspapers) will take the public on a rollercoaster of highs and lows a bit like a movie plot. They will highlight stories to complain about the Games, like the empty seats story and find any opportunity to criticise when things go wrong but when it comes to the closing ceromony they will be 100% behind it and therefore the general population will be too. I will guess they will get the people to the point, that if there was any doubt that the country should have spent all this money on these games, that it will have all been worthwhile for the country.

No doubt there will be headlines about putting the Great back into Great Britain.....that's a favourite of theirs.

A good guage of the mood of the general public is the newspaper headlines for the day. This site has all the front pages. The Sun (Murdoch) is the top selling newspaper. Others to note are the Mirror and the Daily Mail.

http://www.frontpagestoday.co.uk/2012/07/30/archive.cfm

If you look at Saturday's headlines after the opening show, you will set that they were all behind the Games and that means that all (well most) of the public will think it was good.

Jeanette

5. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (30th July 2012), Cidersomerset (30th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), Ecnal61 (31st July 2012), Fred Steeves (30th July 2012), gigha (30th July 2012), golden lady (30th July 2012), IndigoStar (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), jc71 (31st July 2012), jjjones (30th July 2012), karelia (30th July 2012), kevlar (30th July 2012), M6* (30th July 2012), Mark (1st August 2012), Marsila (30th July 2012), Reirrac (31st July 2012), Soul Safari (30th July 2012), Taurean (30th July 2012), ulli (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012), Wind (30th July 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Excellent...

Thanks for the replies so far...

Please Feel Free those of you who were'nt born in the UK to ask any questions I may have missed..?

PS - or to our UK Members

What are your 'Personal Views' on some of the ?'s raised in the OP 'above'..?

We don't want to know what you had for breakfast/lunch/dinner, but anything you could share with the rest of us would be much appreciated...
    Last edited by jackovesk; 30th July 2012 at 08:09.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,364 times in 335 posts

Who is we how would like to know. just the word we implies more than one.
    Of course it could be the royal we.

Excellent...

Please Feel Free those of you who were'nt born in the UK to ask any questions I may have missed..?

We don't want to know what you had for breakfast/lunch/dinner, but anything you could share with the rest of us would be much appreciated...

8. Link to Post #6
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gigha (here)
    Who is we how would like to know. just the word we implies more than one.
    Of course it could be the royal we.

Excellent...

no comprendez...

Were you trying to have a subtle go at me then...

How this...

I would like to know and (We our Guests) may like to know aswell..?

Or was that we as in wee-wee..?

9. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

It's just a bit of fun for the natives.
    Unless something happens to indicate that the supposed symbolism means something, I wish everyone all the best.

It could be a distraction for something else going on in the world, we will have to wait and see.
    Most people see this as the "Corporate Games".

Perhaps there is something buried under the Olympic Park?...that was for 'our' forum natives!

I lost interest in all the hype on forums long ago.

Tony

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

bluestflame (30th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), Dorjezigzag (30th July 2012), Ecnal61 (31st July 2012), IndigoStar (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), Mark (1st August 2012), Marsila (30th July 2012), Pete (31st July 2012), Positive Vibe Merchant (31st July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

11. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 times in 666 posts

In a word it all seems " CONTRIVED " leading to maximum bucks and TV viewing figures.
    Sapere aude

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), Ecnal61 (31st July 2012), IndigoStar (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), M6* (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

13. Link to Post #9
    Australia Avalon Member Wiremu2011's Avatar
    Thanks

Jackovesk. I was thinking these same thoughts about our UK friends on Facebook as well, who strangely, are not reporting/saying much since the opening.
    I was expecting them to jump out of the gates, given the blatant 'all seeing eye' production we all witnessed at the opening. Perhaps they're all "zapped out" with who knows what!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wiremu2011 For This Post:

bluestflame (30th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), M6* (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

15. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member danceblackcatdance's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 times in 281 posts

hello... there were opinions in the symbology thread but i can concur with the above posts... the majority (99% ) are 'Lovin' It!'... and they thought the opening ceremony was spectacular!!

a few i have spoke to were a bit weirded out by the darker elements of the ritual and also pointed out that the NHS were a big feature even though the gov is pretty much trying to dismantle it.. i thought (and felt) that the ceremony was quite dark and disturbing... but feel very isolated in that regard. a lot of it made me shudder and i couldn't really watch it, and i caught a glimpse of ma'am and that always sends shivers down my spine... doesn't even look human anymore if you look at the eyes

personally, i've *always* felt that the games was an elitist / separatist exercise, even though i can appreciate feats of skill and physical achievement... it doesn't feel that its showing how 'good' you can be, but how much 'better' you are... if u can make such a distinction. don't even get me started on the paraolympics, but i'm sure thats a grand old laugh for the elite's....

some others are aware of the G4S situation and express concern over the amount of fresh from active duty troops there are... remember here the police don't even carry guns day-to-day, so seeing armed personnel on english soil kicks in animal instincts i find....

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    Perhaps there is something buried under the Olympic Park?...that was for 'our' forum natives!
    still a bit bleary eyed this morn sorry, do you mean the radioactive waste that was buried there?

Last edited by danceblackcatdance; 30th July 2012 at 08:52.
    OOB NOOB

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to danceblackcatdance For This Post:

Cidersomerset (30th July 2012), golden lady (30th July 2012), IndigoStar (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), jjjones (30th July 2012), M6* (30th July 2012), Maia Gabrial (31st July 2012), Marsila (30th July 2012)

17. Link to Post #11
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wiremu2011 (here)
    Jackovesk. I was thinking these same thoughts about our UK friends on Facebook as well, who strangely, are not reporting/saying much since the opening.
    I was expecting them to jump out of the gates, given the blatant 'all seeing eye' production we all witnessed at the opening. Perhaps they're all "zapped out" with who knows what!
    Agreed...

Something is definately (amiss) over there and I can feel it (in-me-bones) all the way from 'Down Under'...

...and that's got nothing to do with anything I've seen, read or heard or all the Media Hype, Govt. Propaganda/DisInfo, CoIntel-Pro, etc, etc...

Maybe its just a 'Global Thing', somethins-a-brewin and it aint good for me guts & old bones...
    Last edited by jackovesk; 30th July 2012 at 09:01.

18. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

I think the opening ceremony probably encapsulated as well as possible our history and culture. OK, Beijing it wasn't - nor could it be. Don't forget that although the ceremony was designed for TV, actually being there was by all accounts, an unforgettable experience. But then I wouldn't expect such a spectacular to be described as anything else.

Putting cost aside, the supposed 'legacy' and rejuvenation for a large swathe of east London, I feel the country is on balance neutral about it all. That is, about a third are very keen, a third couldn't give a f*ck (me) and a third think it's a huge waste of money. I'm sympathetic to the view that if we really wanted to rejuvenate a large area of London, stimulate youth into taking sport seriously, etc, we could do it without the excuse and expense of the Olympics.

Some officials have hinted that if they'd known how the costs were going to spiral upwards (and what else did they think costs would do?), they would have been relieved if Paris had got the Games.

What does piss me off somewhat is all this BS about its sinister 'symbolism'. Come on people, WHATEVER the opening and closing ceremonies contained, however the stadium was designed there would be those claiming it represented this and that and it was all influenced by the Illuminati. Has anyone got any actual proof that this is the case?

I dare say that if I looked hard enough I'd see Illuminati symbolism in the design of my Ford Focus and in my Dyson vacuum cleaner. Well maybe they have got an invasive influence on EVERYTHING. But in my opinion it's all in the minds of those who want to 'see' it. There - I've said it...

19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

BlueGem (30th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), Healthy Skeptic (31st July 2012), IndigoStar (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), jc71 (31st July 2012), mahalall (30th July 2012), Mare (30th July 2012), Mark (1st August 2012), Nickolai (30th July 2012), Spartacus (30th July 2012), steveofengland (30th July 2012), Tarka the Duck (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 times in 327 posts

But I would like to know what the (General Public Consensus) is or (Your Own)..?
    The general public are very proud to have the games held here and are quite excited about it - flags on cars/houses. My personal opinion is that the Illuminati are behind the whole thing and it is a mass consumerist marketing opportunity.

[QUOTE=jackovesk;529397] I have not heard a whisper from our UK members about...

[*]What is the general mood in Britain re: The Olympics..?
    Pride and excitement.
    [*]What did the everyday English public think of their Opening Ceremony..?
    Great, especially Mr Bean who was hilarious and the helicopter part where it looked like the queen jumped out.
    [*]Is there a general feeling around town something is going to happen during the Olympics..?
    No.
    [*]Did anyone in England object to the Sexualisation of the Opening Ceremony..?
    This is the first time I've heard that mentioned. I am 'awake', watched the ceremony and didn't even realise that! ... or maybe I'm not so awake! Please can you explain what exactly you are referring to!
    [*]Did anyone object to highlighting the (NHS)..?
    No, everyone I spoke to just thinks that it's funny that they used that. The people in general are very proud of the nhs system. Someone joked with me saying "I heard it was either the nhs or national rail system..." LOL
    [*]How are your friends, family & workmates feeling about the games..?
    One of my work colleagues took a week off work and went to London to watch the games. My family are watching some of the olymics on tv.
    [*]Are they expecting another 'False Flag'..?
    No.
    [*]Is anyone Waking Up to whats been going on with G4S, British Troops, etc..?
    Not at all. They just think the 'security' is a bit OOT...but better to be over-prepared than under. The public place a lot of trust in the British troops and police.

Hope that helps!
    PS. I don't know if it is of importance but I live on the Isle of Wight. Will be interesting to see responses from different areas of the country!

PPS. Britain is just as excited about getting a week of hot weather after 3 months of continuous rain as they are about the Olympics haha ...most people here have abandoned tv to go to the beach and enjoy it while they can!
    Last edited by IndigoStar; 30th July 2012 at 09:29.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to IndigoStar For This Post:

Cidersomerset (30th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), Fred Steeves (30th July 2012), golden lady (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), Mark (1st August 2012), Marsila (30th July 2012), Nick Matkin (30th July 2012), Nickolai (30th July 2012), steveofengland (30th July 2012), Tarka the Duck (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

22. Link to Post #14
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi jack, to be honest since the opening ceremony, I've not really looked to see what's going on. I would usually be making a few trips to London in the week with my job, but due to technical and administration issues I've had to take some time off work. So I've been completely out of the loop with all things on the news front. I've Not even had the TV or radio on.
    I've had an ominous feeling that something may happen in the pit of my stomach and I figured if I blank all negative forces bombarding me I'd feel different, but I don't.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to steveofengland For This Post:

danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), IndigoStar (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), Maia Gabrial (31st July 2012), Senso (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

24. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I peronsally think that the conspiracy aspects of the games are behind over-hyped and 'awakened' people are enjoying the drama of it all, just as an unawakened person enjoys the drama of Big Brother and The Kardashians. I think the games will continue without any false flag attack and then the hype will switch to something else...maybe December 21st. I got fed up long ago with the 'conspiracy' world when I realised that most of what is predicted never happens. Yes, society is awakening but at a very slow, natural rate and yes we are shifting, but that too like everything with nature is a slow process.

So I say calm down about the games, watch a bit of sport if you like it, and focus on positivity...give hugs to your family, walk in the park, play with your kids and smile

....But maybe I'm just 'zapped out' and not seeing clearly right now! LOL

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IndigoStar For This Post:

danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), Firinn (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), muxfolder (1st August 2012), Nick Matkin (30th July 2012), Nickolai (30th July 2012), steveofengland (30th July 2012), Tarka the Duck (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

26. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I'd just like to add one thing that I feel it is important to remember:

The universe is not just a chaotic mismatch of random events. We have power over the reality we create, on an individual level and also on a global level. In my opinion there are people contributing to this in a variety of ways:

Firstly, there are those that are completely unaware of how the quantum world works and base their lives on what they see in the outer world, which appears to them as random. (The majority)

Then there are the awakened people, including avalonians and spiritual groups, who in a way have more power, because they are aware and able to make conscious decisions. Based on the theory that thoughts and emotions create reality (a match of thought + emotion has more power) I think we should be working together to create the world we want to live in - one of peace and harmony.

If people are focusing on false-flag attacks and disasters and imagining it happening, aswell as feeling the terror of it, they are by default and unintentionally assisting the Illuminati with their work because they are helping to create that event.

I'm not suggesting that we turn a blind eye to the dark goings on in our world, but if we are aware of what is happening and how the universal fields work we can manipulate them to our advantage...

I suggest that all those who are aware of how the quantum field works, use it to their advantage by visualizing a peaceful olymipcs, a peaceful world and visualize things that bring you feelings of joy, therefore raising your bodily vibration and ultimately giving you more power to create the world you want.

Be conscious of your thought patterns. If a thought comes into your head saying 'there's going to be a disaster at the olympics, I feel it' recognise the thought, dismiss it, thus taking away its power, send it to mother earth for healing and consciously replace it with a positive thought such as 'the olympics will be a peaceful event.'

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to IndigoStar For This Post:

777 (31st July 2012), aranuk (30th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (30th July 2012), Equatorial Eyes (2nd August 2012), GarethBKK (30th July 2012), Nickolai (30th July 2012), Pilgrim (30th July 2012), Sabrina (30th July 2012), Senso (30th July 2012), steveofengland (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

28. Link to Post #17
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Interesting!!!!!!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Senso For This Post:

WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

30. Link to Post #18
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think most UK citizens are used to weird filmakers and their imaginations. Familiarity with Gerald Scarfe's animation in Pink Floyd's The Wall probably desensitised me to some of the performance. Knowing Danny Boyle was behind the direction and being familiar with his films, and their dark humour, helped me not take the ceremony too seriously. In fact, the only part I did take seriously was Emeli Sante's Abide with Me - very special.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GarethBKK For This Post:

IndigoStar (30th July 2012), Tarka the Duck (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

32. Link to Post #19
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Are the public aware of the radio active waste underneath the staduim? This is something that has been kept fairly quiet it seems. Closing ceremony ....interesting. . . any idea what levels of radioactive waste is there?

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Senso For This Post:

777 (31st July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), Maia Gabrial (31st July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

34. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Hello, all. Went to see 'the Torch' pass by on the Isle of wight couple of weeks ago.
    Passed by other expectant venues on the way, loads of folks lining the streets, waving their union jacks (proof that humans still like/need to gather in communities). All waiting with great anticipation for the holy torch we've been seeing everywhere there in advertisement programming. On the ferry, lots of latex-gloved police in black making sure the boat was safe for holy torch and entourage (wonder how much they cost).
    Get to IOW, where people are starting to gather for holy procession, Cocacola van handing out free cokes to waiting folks...
    When the big event finally passed by, we were only disappointed to see huge buses go past advertising..Coca Cola, Lloyds Bank and a few other advertising companies, many police on motor bikes (wonder how much that cost)...we thought it was all over and we must have missed the torch with all the big vehicles...
    Just as we were about to walk away, a lady ran past, holding the torch, with very little fanfare.

To conclude, McDonald's is the official restaurant (funder) and CocaCola is the official Olympic drink (funder). Their advertisement is everywhere...along with anyone else who paid them. Quite tired of it really. Force it on us, why don't you?! So much money has been thrown at this athletics contest...insane amounts of money. Dare I say...billions?
    I think, at the end of the day, it's just entertainment to encourage a global community. I believe, however, that humans function better in smaller communities. At least more of us would be involved in the contests...
    Last edited by Lettherebelight; 30th July 2012 at 12:18.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Cidersomerset (30th July 2012), Equatorial Eyes (2nd August 2012), golden lady (30th July 2012), IndigoStar (30th July 2012), jackovesk (30th July 2012), M6* (30th July 2012), Tarka the Duck (30th July 2012), WHOMADEGOD (30th July 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast