+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help need: Natural remedies for Dupuytren's contracture

1. Link to Post #1
    Ilie Pandia

Default Help need: Natural remedies for Dupuytren's contracture

Dear Avalonians,

A friend has asked me if I can help with his condition of Dupuytren's contracture.

Since I really don't know anything about it I figured I should ask this community and most likely someone will be able to provide some insight.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2016), Caren (3rd August 2012), Eram (3rd August 2012), Fred Steeves (3rd August 2012), Heart-2-Heart (3rd August 2012), Karunai (3rd August 2012), WhiteFeather (3rd August 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Default Re: Help need: Natural remedies for Dupuytren's contracture

Hi Ilie...

It is an interesting pathology. Without conducting a full consultation, it is unwise to give particular advice. However, I know that massage therapy would be helpful, if not whole body, then at least entire arm. It may not correct the connective tissue, but it would provide any pain relief and increase blood flow to the area.
    I would also recommend a detox protocol, focussing on the liver. There are a few good detox program's here on the forum to consider.
    I would also definitely encourage the increasing water intake and upping omega oils in the diet.
    Hope this is helpful.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Caren (3rd August 2012), DoubleHelix (6th August 2012), Eram (3rd August 2012), Karunai (3rd August 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Ilie Pandia

Thanks Lettherebelight,

Yes, I suspect you're right. I am now a firm believer in the body's ability to heal itself, if you get out of the way and get the toxins out. Hopefully I'll manage to convince my friend why detox is so important and to give it a try...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Caren (3rd August 2012), CdnSirian (5th August 2012), DoubleHelix (6th August 2012), Eram (3rd August 2012), Lettherebelight (3rd August 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

I'd at least try Jim McArthur's and see if that can help.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

DoubleHelix (6th August 2012), Eram (3rd August 2012), Karunai (3rd August 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Hi, Thanks for this. I may not be able to get that here, but is definitely something to keep in mind!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

meeradas (3rd August 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    Hi, Thanks for this. I may not be able to get that here, but is definitely something to keep in mind!
    Yes. One would need a friend in Australia to re-ship it... see "international orders" on this page.
    Quite a bunch of Ozzies on Avalon forum

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

This is what Dr Jonathan Wright says about it and because I have already seen Lugols iodine dissolve several fibrotic conditions this would be my first choice of therapy.

“Dupuytren’s contracture” and “Peyronie’s disease” are two “fibrotic” conditions that can be helped considerably by SSKI. In Dupuytren’s contracture, thickening (fibrosis) occurs along one of the tendons in the palm in the hand, pulling the related finger down towards the palm. As the problem progresses, the finger often can’t be straightened any more.

In Peyronie’s disease, a very similar thickening occurs along the shaft of the penis, making erections increasing “curved” and painful. In both cases, rubbing SSKI into the thickened tissue at least twice daily softens and lessens the fibrotic area over a period of several months, allowing for more normal function.
    For these conditions, it’s additionally helpful to take para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) 2 grams, three times daily, and to rub a mixture of Vitamin E and DMSO into the thickened areas, also. However, if “caught early”, SSKI alone will often “do the job”. (It’s also advisable to have glucose-insulin tolerance test done, as there’s an unusually high incidence of “insulin resistance” in people with Dupuytren’s contracture or Peyronie’s disease

read the whole article here: http://tahomaclinicblog.com/iodide/

Interesting about the paw paw cream. you can get some on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Lucas-668680-P.../dp/B0076K07DC

and then here an oral application from Nature Sunshine which is one of the best herb companies:
    http://www.naturallyherbs.com/prod/n...eferrer=google
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 3rd August 2012 at 15:21.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th August 2012), conk (3rd August 2012), Jean-Marie (6th August 2012), kanishk (17th October 2013), Lettherebelight (3rd August 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Ilie Pandia

Hi Arrowwind,

Unfortunately ordering from amazon.com is out of the question for me, and I did not find the same product in the UK store (amazon.co.uk).

I see that SSKI is potassium iodide. So I can go to a pharmacy and ask for that (as soon as I find the Romanian translation)?

Update for late readers: SSKI - saturated solution of potassium iodide. The Wikipedia page has translations in various languages.
    Last edited by Ilie Pandia; 3rd August 2012 at 17:24.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th August 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Ilie can you order from here? http://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/ That is where Amazon gets it.

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

I got McArthur's PAWPAW from this store which shipped to me here in the US: http://www.makeuwell.com.au/mcarthur...lete-pack.html
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

19. Link to Post #11
    Ilie Pandia

Hi, to clarify, I need to order from inside EU. What comes from US (and other countries) needs to go trough customs and it's a very high chance I'll never get it .

However that information about SSKI looks very very promising and simple enough. I shall try that first!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th August 2012), NancyV (3rd August 2012)

21. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

23. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

HI, just to let you know, I order a lot of products from the USA, and i am in the UK, and they always arrive. Most dont get stopped by customs at all, if they are under the £15 mark, if they are over that, they will be delayed and a charge levied, but they still turn up. Have not yet had a parcel go missing. (I use iHerb for many many things)

Good luck with this. My father has this issue and he says it is characteristic only of those of celtic blood.. just as a by the way!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minkton For This Post:

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Hi, to clarify, I need to order from inside EU. What comes from US (and other countries) needs to go trough customs and it's a very high chance I'll never get it .

However that information about SSKI looks very very promising and simple enough. I shall try that first!
    Hmm.... I sent MMS with citric acid into the UK several times without problems, about 4 years ago

I will be interested to hear about how the Lugols iodine goes. I have treated several cysts with it, some just topically and others both topically and orally with great success. With cysts there is a fibrous sack often that needs to be broken down. I would also add daily hand massage... and maybe some slapping? Please be sure to report back.

If this person is on thyroid medication they should get their thyroid checked after about 6 weeks of treatment with lugols or SSKI as it frequently causes the need to reduce medication dosage.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 6th August 2012 at 16:45.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Jean-Marie (6th August 2012), kanishk (17th October 2013)

27. Link to Post #15
    Ilie Pandia

Hi,

Thank you all for the advice. Yes, I'll report back as soon as I have something to report. I've relayed all the options I've learned of on the forum, but now it's in my friends hands.

The problem with delivery is at the Romanian customs (not US or UK). I was barely able to get some herbal tea from US, but the box was cut open and left like that (even though it could have been easily opened and resealed). I've also had other unpleasant experiences at the customs. So since then, I order only from countries that do not need a customs permit, and they can make delivery at my house!

That being said, in case of an emergency of course I'll try the US or Australia route, but I'll just have to make peace with the idea that I may lose the money in the process.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

kanishk (17th October 2013)

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Hi Ilie,
    I've been reading and learning about biodecodification which has to do with how the different parts of the body are affected by emotions or emotional conflicts, based on the work of Dr. Hamer.
    If the problem is a tendon it means is something that is happening in the present but the palm of the hand is always related to conflicts with the father; now, depending on what finder is being pulled or contracted your friend can find a better answer.
    The thumb represents emotional food that the person needs.
    The index represents authority and judgement.
    The middle finger is always related to sexuality.
    The ring finger is related with identity, name, territory, home changes.
    Pinky is related to family secrets.

So, which one it is? The one that is being pulled towards the palm which represents the father is going to give him the answer.
    When did it start? Let's say he noticed the problem 5 years ago so he should look for some event, disagreement or problem at that time and look at the problem without judgment, just understanding that his unconscious mind is telling him that the conflict has not been solved and just by being aware of what happened he could heal.

Anyways, he could look for some more information on the web about biodescodificacion (spanish) or biogenealogy, transgenerational healing, family constellations, etc. If he can find an answer, he would heal very quickly.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

31. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi there, bumping this thread for any further input on Dupuytrens, in case anyone had had success or knows any tips for dealing with it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to minkton For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2016)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

EarthClinic often has good advice. Have not read the whole thread, so perhaps there is something of benefit. Best of luck.

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/dup...ntracture.html

Also, try Curezone.com for a wealth of natural, safe remedies.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

34. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Meggings (21st January 2016)

+ Reply to Thread