+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas Car To Electric Hybrid Retrofit Kit

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,975 times in 5,652 posts

Thumbs up Gas Car To Electric Hybrid Retrofit Kit

Found this on Pure Energy Systems website at www.peswiki.com today. Posted on August 8th 2012. Interesting Technology! Have A Peeksy. See Video Below

Researchers at Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) are making progress toward developing a retrofit kit that would turn any car into a plug-in electric hybrid. The kit entails replacing the rear hub with an electric motor that assists the forward motion of the car, thereby increasing its mileage 50 to 100%.

The kit entails replacing the rear hub with an electric motor that assists the forward motion of the car, thereby increasing its mileage 50 to 100% (doubling), on average.

It's all based on off-the-shelf technology, just assembled in a clever way.

The nine MTSU students are headed by Dr. Charles Perry, who I spoke to last week to get additional information beyond what is available from a recent press release on the MTSU website.

While we at PESN normally cover more exotic free energy technologies, I see something like this being a great marriage for the more exotic free energy technologies once they come to market, which would provide a way to keep the battery topped off so you wouldn't have to plug it in.

The MTSU story didn't say anything about regenerative braking. While their system does do some regeneration during braking, it's not designed to replace the braking system, just to harness some of that energy for replenishing the battery.

Perry also informed me that the plug-in portion is designed to plug into the standard 110-Volt wall socket of a home.

The core principle is to make it as standardized as possible -- one size fits all. Other than the hub, they don't change anything about the car. "The whole point was to demonstrate the feasibility of adding the electrical motor to the rear wheel of the car without changing the brakes, bearings, suspension —anything mechanical," Perry said in the press release. And they're aiming for a total retail price tag of $3000.

The challenge is that the motor is exposed to the elements. Heat management is another challenge. But Perry has reviewed the design with one of the most eminent design company in the world who has come up with "a very elegant solution."

"Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Billy (10th August 2012), CeltMan (10th August 2012), Kindred (10th August 2012), Marsila (10th August 2012), nomadguy (11th August 2012), Peace of Mind (10th August 2012), sandy (10th August 2012), seko (10th August 2012), sigma6 (10th August 2012), Timreh (26th August 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,975 times in 5,652 posts

Default Re: Gas Car To Electric Hybrid Retrofit Kit

"Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Kindred (10th August 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Great idea especially for city dwellers and those who don't do much highway traveling or commuting.
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member dreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

If everyone did this.. I would think it would push over the edge, an already weak power grid... we are already having rolling blackouts and brownouts ( in America ) plus, electric energy is produced a lot of the time, by pollution filled powerplants... hard to decide if electric is the way to go
    Blessed is he who clearly see's the world for the trees, to attain a birds eye is to turn a blizzard to a breeze.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dreamer For This Post:

DeBron (14th August 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

Horray, there's still hope for my 1963 VW Beetle. I'll drive it into the NEXT century!! But seriously, it would be cool to turn any car into a hybrid. Once we get a "free energy box" we'll be able to travel forever!
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

sandy (12th August 2012)

+ Reply to Thread