+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Simple Call to Action

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default A Simple Call to Action

Hey Everyone

I wanted to write this thread because I have felt an urge to write a online petition addressed to governments, people in power , corporations, and others around the world to end all wars and stop new ones from being declared . The reason I want to do this is because it is one way to show the ptw our power and what we stand for. The reason why I want to do this is really two fold. The first is that it is a great way to get the message around to other people that this is a possible option. We have been programmed to believe only one bad option which they use to control our policy. Second is that this shows our numbers. The great majority of people don't want to go to war and if we can show them that then we apply pressure to them to stop their actions. However a petition is only as powerful as the amount of signatures that are signed on. So I was wondering anyone would be interested in this idea? Are there any other ideas that people what to petition about instead? Any opinions about the idea in general. Please speak up your opinion.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to applecrusher1992 For This Post:

bennycog (12th August 2012), Ki's (12th August 2012), KosmicKat (12th August 2012), RunningDeer (13th August 2012), sdv (12th August 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

Default Re: A Simple Call to Action

How about when war is declared, we make arrangements for the political leaders to be on the front line and in harm's way. No more sending the grunts out. If it's important enough to risk the life of a soldier, it's important enough to risk your own life.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Post:

applecrusher1992 (12th August 2012), Ki's (12th August 2012), RunningDeer (13th August 2012), sdv (13th August 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Gather a million faceless signatures, and they will go straight into the trash can. Gather a million people in person with that one message, and watch it turn into two million, while the gods of war are trying to figure out what to do next.

6. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)
    Gather a million faceless signatures, and they will go straight into the trash can. Gather a million people in person with that one message, and watch it turn into two million, while the gods of war are trying to figure out what to do next.
    Checking yesterday, it looks like the Occupy movement is still alive and well, but the MSM don't want to touch it any more.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Post:

applecrusher1992 (12th August 2012), RunningDeer (13th August 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I like all these ideas however I think that some of these movements like Occupy Wall-street have a lot of messages that can be distracting. I think that we need to focus on what we believe rather than what we are against. Too often I see protest against something or someone, rather than protest for something. This protest for something may be a message of peace, or something else. I think we need to move away toward waiting to protest something before it occurs and send a strong message now. That is the reason for this call. I am trying to stir ideas about what could we do to be the change that we want to be. Looking in our own personal lives is part of it but being the active change is the other.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to applecrusher1992 For This Post:

RunningDeer (13th August 2012), sdv (13th August 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

I don't expect them to give in to anything, they won't give us peace, we have to create it. But sure, we can drop them a note and let them know, someone will read it. They put out loads of disinfo to keep the truthseekers busy, keeping them a little busy with love letters is not too bad after all, I guess.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

niki (13th August 2012), RunningDeer (13th August 2012)

+ Reply to Thread