+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 12 16 LastLast

Thread: Evidence That A Boeing 757 Really Did Impact the Pentagon on 9/11

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

Default Re: Evidence That A Boeing 757 Really Did Impact the Pentagon on 9/11

Quote it clearly shows it was a plane not a missile.
    Yup.

Quote 'the simplest explanation gets closest to the truth.'
    Occam's Razor.

Quietly sneaking northward, from the Pentagon to the WTC...
    You can pour through endless analysis of things structural, "demolition plans" and what have you, re the fall of the WTC. Much of this stuff boils down to a simple statement which is supposed to "prove" these buildings had "help":
    "Jet fuel cannot burn hot enough to melt steel!"
    And they'd be right... as far as it went.

A simple fact always seems to be missing in all this.

The structural integrity of steel girders is dependent on three things; Its material, shape, and its rigidity (hardness).
    • So the standard shape is an I-bean. good choice.
    • The material is what is called ASTM-36. This is basically a low grade steel for construction purposes. They use a lot of it so it needs to be cheap, and easy to make.
    • The particulars of the heat treatment I do not know, but it is basically a balance between adding toughness without becoming too brittle, for the intended use.
    It takes a proper combination of the three for the steel to do its job. Lose one, and you have lost structural integrity and something's gotta give.

(Told you that story, to tell you this one)
    You will never guess at what temperature ASTM-36 becomes "annealed", meaning it loses its heat treated rigidity....

I'll give you a teeny hint

What is the temperature of burning jet fuel?
    Bingo!
    Fred
    Last edited by Fredkc; 18th August 2010 at 16:58.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

fredkc,
    I've heard the argument that 'fire can't melt steel.' (expert, rosie o'donnel and lose change).
    that argument is based on assumptions.
    your truth is very welcomed amongst the rumble .
    so they went cheap on the steel (have you seen the movie, The Towering Inferno'? same plot)
    and the terrorist got lucky 'taking down the towers.'

question: at WTC, the most intriguing and disturbing find is 'thermite' around the grounds
    and those 'sheared' columns. that looks suspect to me.
    do you have any background on that?

jimmer

3. Link to Post #23
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Fred, I'll bite.
    Open air burning temperature of jet fuel is about 287.5 °C (549.5 °F)
    ASTM A36 is a low alloy construction steel. it has melting point of 1,426–1,538 °C (2,599–2,800 °F) and have half-yield strength at 538°C (1000.4 ºF, still twice the open air burn for jet fuel, ). Towers were calculated for half yield situation (and impact of 707 btw.). After-collapse study steel used had average 115% of minimum specification yields (meaning- they used cheap but not el cheapo)
    Footage from WTC shows black smoke, which means oxygen starved (cold) fire at even lower temperature.
    And at least in our material-knowledge course it was specifically stated that you do not quench structural steel, as it makes it brittle, which is precisely what you do not want it to be. You want it to bend before it breaks. The yield is heightened by using specific add-ons, :chromium, cobalt, columbium, molybdenum, nickel, titanium, tungsten, vanadium or zirconium, etc. These steels are hot-rolled then air cooled in controlled environment, so they'd have as small amount of internal stress as possible. Plus every weld or hot rivet would locally ruin the quench, making structure unpredictable. But maybe americans do it different way.
    This is what interested out construction professors the most : how on earth such structure folded over itself. By every law of physics even if columns would give in , the top side should go the path of least resistance ie. fall to the side of the building. Instead it went down the path of most resistance. It'll only made sense if somehow the lower part of building core mysteriously evaporated, and whole set started to act like giant piston. ... but that is far into forbidden land of CtrlDem

As for WTC steel, this is good read: http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/jom...ovic-0711.html "The Role of Metallurgy in the NIST Investigation of the World Trade Center Towers Collapse"

4. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 times in 566 posts

Plane. Darn me and my slow dial up internet.

But Fred, I have to agree with you. I think we need to stop standing stalled about what happened concerning 911 and concern ourselves now with what is happening because of it.

5. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

but it does matter what happened.
    what and how it happened is everything.
    if it was a 'false flag' then the entire 'terrorist' thing and our response is phony.
    if it was a terrorist attack, then we are justified defending ourselves and self interest.
    although, you could argue how to do that the best.

so, in this pentagon part of the 911 story, it was a plane, not a missile.
    this part of the event is debunked?

in all these fantastic plots and twists presented at PA,
    we need to fundamentally work at separating the wheat from the chaff.

just wanna keep score.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmer For This Post:

Curious77 (7th October 2014)

7. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

I'm sorry, definitely no plane ... before you repeat 'review the post' ... maybe you should review it more carefully again and double check some resources.

I am not in the position to share details nor do I want to get involved in yes/no debates ... I think Spirit Wolf already hinted in the right direction.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Curious77 (7th October 2014), sheme (19th October 2014)

9. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

I would like to know how building 7 imploded on itself? ... no plane or jet fuel, no rocket, no tower falling over on it; just a small fire from some collateral damage and boom it implodes. Coincidence? And how come there is no wreckage of the crashed plane in Pennsylvania? Did it just vaporize when it hit? Why do not these get the same attention as the towers and the pentagon?
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

Curious77 (7th October 2014)

11. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Quote Posted by HORIZONS (here)
    I would like to know how building 7 imploded on itself? ... no plane or jet fuel, no rocket, no tower falling over on it; just a small fire from some collateral damage and boom it implodes. Coincidence? And how come there is no wreckage of the crashed plane in Pennsylvania? Did it just vaporize when it hit? Why do not these get the same attention as the towers and the pentagon?
    Because the masses of sheep dont really give a crap about what really happened back then my dear friend,thats the bottom line.

12. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arpheus (here)
    Because the masses of sheep dont really give a crap about what really happened back then my dear friend,thats the bottom line.
    Yes, there has been massive mind control and programing going on, so that no one gives a crap, to be sure.

13. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    ... maybe you should review it more carefully again and double check some resources.
    and what would those resources be?

and I agree, there are things that don't make sense, like building 7 and finding thermite around WTC.
    this thread focuses on the pentagon missile theory.

14. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jimmer (here)
    and what would those resources be?

and I agree, there are things that don't make sense, like building 7 and finding thermite around WTC.
    Well, Lets tie this altogether then - IMHO I do not see how you can solve one without the others being a part of the discussion. The evidence you post of the pentagon should work within the framework of the towers and the Penn crash as well. If not then there is a problem. If you solve one, then that evidence should work as a platform to help solving the others. After all, this was "one event" that took place to forever change the world.

15. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

What I'm curious about is why wouldn't they use a 747 for the pentagon? That would be very suspicious to have a jet/missile/whatever fly into the side of the pentagon right over the top of a highway where everyone can see it.

16. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by jimmer (here)
    You gave the answer yourself ... a magician will let you focus on what he wants to ...
    If you see a picture and someone elaborates on what you should see ... you will see it. By building a very narrow focused case the foot is already between the door.

I know very experienced military personnel, trained in obtaining details from reconnaissance pictures, they can tell ... no plane.
    But their statements are not publicly available.

Be careful with material that you are being fed ...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Curious77 (7th October 2014), sheme (19th October 2014)

18. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,969 times in 2,208 posts

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    You gave the answer yourself ... a magician will let you focus on what he wants to ...
    If you see a picture and someone elaborates on what you should see ... you will see it. By building a very narrow focused case the foot is already between the door.

I know very experienced military personnel, trained in obtaining details from reconnaissance pictures, they can tell ... no plane.
    But their statements are not publicly available.

Be careful with material that you are being fed ...

Yes be careful with material that you are being fed.

That works both ways.

My interest in the 9/11 conspiracy has been re- kindled by this thread on Avalon...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ot-be-so-hasty)

Also on the thread here about the proposed mosque at Ground Zero...where one poster in particular said something like...'we at Avalon all know that 9/11 was an inside job....'

There is something about this total belief in 9/11 being an Inside Job... and creating a climate of
    a Group Belief......that is making me uncomfortable.

Like...if you don't subscribe to the Inside Job theory...that you are in some way stupid, or gulible, or blind...... peer pressure is a powerful thing...and I wonder how many people now would dare to come out and question (or re-quesstion) the 9/11 conspiracy...?

See in the thread that I posted above...how the blanket belief in 9/11 conspiracy can be used
    either deliberately or unwittingly for political purposes...?

Ask yourself (directed at everyone) if you feel under pressure to CONFORM to the 9/11 conspiracy..... ?

You see...the fostering of the conspiracy, in itself COULD be conspiracy based.
    I know...I know....it's a head-banger....but we have to be on our guard not to be manipulated...

Sorry Jimmer....I will get back on topic in a minute....

19. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,969 times in 2,208 posts

Jimmer...... I skimmed through the ATS link you gave.....didn't read every word because I haven't got the head-space at the mo...lol.

But I think it was a airliner that hit the pentagon that fateful day....

There are some more pictures here...

http://www.911myths.com/html/757_wreckage.html

There is also stuff about World Trade Centre 7 and Thermite...here...

http://www.debunking911.com/index.html
    Last edited by jaybee; 19th August 2010 at 12:03. Reason: spelling

20. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

jaybee,

thanks for your thoughtful comments and thanks for the links.

as for my 911 thermite conundrum:

"Pictures of Ground Zero's cut columns disprove, once and for all,
    the imaginative theories that claim evidence of the use of thermite
    at the World Trade Center to induce the collapse of the buildings.
    Such "evidence" is merely a misinterpretation of the ordinary effects
    of cutting through the post-collapse remains of a steel structure."

http://11-settembre.blogspot.com/200...ugh-steel.html

and finally, jaybee, figure out how to have your computer to read text to you,
    saving your eyes, while easily accessing immense mounts of information.
    life is an attitude.

21. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

22. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

horizons,
    thanks for the link.
    it's tough separating the truth from 911 speculation/computer models/math and conjecture.
    but I do trust bill and his certainty that the PA flight was shot down.

can you image the crisis mode the air force was in with two planes already into WTC
    and another strike on the pentagon, with flight 93 still making it's run...

what would you or I do during this minute to minute nightmare?
    sometimes outrageous things must be done for the greater good.

http://projectcamelot.org/mediafiles..._flight_93.mp3

23. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Hi guys, I just have a few questions?

Does anyone here have information on the victims that were on the planes that hit the towers and the Pentagon? I’ve seen and heard from the victims families that were in the buildings, but not the planes.

Is there any leak of actual real time footage of what hit the Pentagon? I know the FBI confiscated all vids showing what hit it but they haven’t released them to the public yet. All I have ever saw was still shots (that can be photo shopped), and after the disaster photos. It’s been said that the serial numbers to the parts recovered at the sites did not match and were from many different planes…HUH? So, where’s all the footage of the immediate impact?

Why haven’t they found any of the black boxes?

I’ve been in the WTC hundreds of times and I still can’t figure out how the metal designs that were wrapped around the first 10 or so floors of T1 and T2 completely turned to dust. How does steal turn to dust? https://youtube.com/watch?v=aoAa_B2kRuo

Why was Nano-thermite at the WTC site?

Thanks in advance

Peace

24. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 times in 566 posts

Not wanting to argue with anyone, but I can only go by what I see. Someone, a few years back, posted a video captured by the security cameras. Seeing it at normal speed, all you could see is the explosion. BUT.... as I had dial up, it loaded so slowly, that I could see it frame by frame. I saw windows and wings. A plane.

And the day of.... I watched on live tv as the planes crashed into the buildings.
    So I'm pretty much stuck on the fact that they were planes.
    Now... my question is;
    How would the reporters know to go to the WTC building, point their live camera's at it and wait?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 12 16 LastLast