+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst 1 18 28 36 LastLast

Thread: Bible Topics and Questions

1. Link to Post #541
    United States Avalon Member Revere's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Bible Topics and Questions

Kreagel,

Happy Easter my friend and when you have a chance, after writing a response to the Easter question I have one for you. During Easter Diner we were playing with the idea of “What is Satan’s motivation”. We came to the general conclusion that it must be a fundamental Hate against God and man so strong that he does not care if he is destined to lose. He knows God will triumph in the end but he does not care as long as he takes as many as possible down with him. But, I was curious if you had any thoughts on this minor question. Keep up the good work and I hope those who post here will continue to keep an open heart and mind. This really is not complicated stuff; all it takes is faith as true and simple as a child an then God will help you with the rest.

Peace,
    Revere
    "IF WE THINK WE CAN OR CAN NOT WE ARE RIGHT"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Revere For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th April 2013), Gardener (9th April 2013), kreagle (1st April 2013)

3. Link to Post #542
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    Quote Posted by kreagle (here)
    Victory in the Vacant Tomb!

Quote Matthew 28:6 (KJV)

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
    Happy Easter to 'all',......your brother, friend, and servant,.......kreagle

Hello kreagle,

I was wondering what your thoughts are on the true origins and meaning of the Christian Holiday Easter?

Hey blufire,

My thoughts on the true origins and meaning of the Christian Holiday, Easter, actually mirror my feelings on Christmas as well. They both have their Pagan origins,.....are completely over commercialized,.....and are heavily flavored by their original Catholic roots and sponsorship. However, I find myself in full support of both of these 'Christian' holidays, in that I have always celebrated them for what they really should mean. Even though the 'dates' on both of these events are in error, from a Christian perspective, I am grateful that humanity still has a specific time that we can set aside to honor/celebrate His 'birth', ( at Christmas),....and His 'resurrection' , ( at Easter).

I am always hopeful that as these 'holidays' occur that there will be 'select few' that will sincerely focus open the 'meaning of the occasion' and make a meaningful attempt to alter their respective lives to finally incorporate Him into their lives!

God Bless, my dear friend,.......your brother, and servant,.......kreagle
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th April 2013)

5. Link to Post #543
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Revere (here)
    Kreagel,

Happy Easter my friend and when you have a chance, after writing a response to the Easter question I have one for you. During Easter Diner we were playing with the idea of “What is Satan’s motivation”. We came to the general conclusion that it must be a fundamental Hate against God and man so strong that he does not care if he is destined to lose. He knows God will triumph in the end but he does not care as long as he takes as many as possible down with him. But, I was curious if you had any thoughts on this minor question. Keep up the good work and I hope those who post here will continue to keep an open heart and mind. This really is not complicated stuff; all it takes is faith as true and simple as a child an then God will help you with the rest.

Peace,
    Revere
    Quote “What is Satan’s motivation”?
    Revere,

What an interesting and profound question, my dear brother! The more I look, ( and reflect), upon it's magnitude, I'm convinced that the real answer to this question has to deal with the overall 'insanity of sin' to begin with! Pride over one's 'net worth' is often grossly overrated to the point of causing the victim of such vanity to think more highly of themselves than they should. Such was the case for Lucifer as we see in this following passage of scripture. This satanic quagmire of pride/vanity will swallow it's victim every time!

Quote Isaiah 14:12-15 (KJV)

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
    Notice the multitude of 'I Will's' employed by Lucifer as Pride/Vanity had completely overtaken him. I'm reminded of the old statement by Lord Acton in 1887,......"Power corrupts,....and absolute power corrupts absolutely!" Only God can handle 'absolute power' and knows it's proper usage. How many times have we all seen the catastrophic results that occur when there are those, like Lucifer, who attempt to sit at the Seat of Authority of these controls?

My 'general conclusion' to your question pretty much mirrors what you and your family has surmised. Additionally, I'm not so sure that Satan doesn't think that he can still overcome God, somehow, and win! ( ie. 'Satanic Motivation Gone Wild!') Hence,.....the 'insanity of Sin', my dear friend! If anything else,....each time Satan is successful in tearing down another person's walk with God,....he adds these 'victims' to his perceived 'winning total'. He was able to 'add' King Saul,.....King Solomon,.....Judas Iscariot,.....and 'others' to his growing list, and we would all be foolish to think that he doesn't have us targeted, also.

Just 'another reason', ( out of many), why today's believer must be 'filled with His Spirit', in an effort to 'stay off of Satan's list!'

Quote 1 John 4:4 (KJV)

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

God Bless, always!,.....your brother, friend, and servant,.......kreagle

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th April 2013), Revere (4th April 2013)

7. Link to Post #544
    United States Avalon Member Revere's Avatar
    Thanks

Kregal,

Nice additions to the Motivation of Satan subject! I want to point out a wondrous out come every time Satan thinks he won. God's incredible Grace often is magnified in what seems to be a loss. It's like a checkmate to his move of check. In our weakness and perceived loss God is often magnified and he is there working beyond our comprehension!

Examples:
    30 pieces of silver paid to betray Jesus ends up buying a cemetery
    to bury the poor.
    Jesus’ death offers the new covenant and salvation of mankind.
    Peter’s denial leads to Peter’s commitment to "feed His sheep"
    The persecution of the disciples ended up sensationalizing their ministry
    and increasing those that heard and were saved
    Job got double his loss for his trouble.

And many many more!( add more Please)

God is wondrous! Never stop being awed because these types of outcomes are with us now, every day in our own lives. We have to look and that is often hard for us through the pain we perceive. We serve a living dynamic loving God.

John 16:33
    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

John 14:27
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Peace,
    Revere
    Last edited by Revere; 3rd April 2013 at 13:50.
    "IF WE THINK WE CAN OR CAN NOT WE ARE RIGHT"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Revere For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th April 2013), Beren (3rd April 2013), kreagle (3rd April 2013)

9. Link to Post #545
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Revere (here)

Examples:
    30 pieces of silver paid to betray Jesus ends up buying a cemetery
    to bury the poor.
    Jesus’ death offers the new covenant and salvation of mankind.
    Peter’s denial leads to Peter’s commitment to "feed His sheep"
    The persecution of the disciples ended up sensationalizing their ministry
    and increasing those that heard and were saved
    Job got double his loss for his trouble.

And many many more!( add more Please)

Revere,

You are so correct, brother, in reference to God's mission flourishing in the face of Satan's perceived victories. That's exactly why I used that specific word when I made this former statement.

Quote ....each time Satan is successful in tearing down another person's walk with God,....he adds these 'victims' to his perceived 'winning total'.

The greatest example that we can list here, concerning a perceived victory of Satan, would have to be the moment when Jesus 'gave up the ghost' and bowed His head in death. Of course, Satan, ( and his minions), were completely taken by surprise by what was occurring before their very eyes. They had absolutely no idea that 'death, hell, and the grave' was being defeated due to this Divine act by God. Can you imagine the 'satanic party' that ensued for 3 days,.....as they thought that they had 'finally' defeated Him, once and for all? Can you imagine the look on their faces when their party came to a screeching halt on that third day, when it was discovered that the 'Tomb was empty?' What extreme measures would Satan have employed to 'keep Jesus off of the Cross' if he had only known what was transpiring and being accomplished at Calvary? Who would have thought that His death, and the draining of the Blood from His Body, would have brought such an overwhelming victory for mankind? Satan was completely blindsided!

His....Death,.....Burial,....and...Resurrection made it 'all' possible for you,..I,...and all of mankind! We, too, can 'follow in His footsteps',.....all the way to Heaven,....by 'spiritually' fulfilling our own 'death, burial, and resurrection', ( as indicated by my signature), and preached so eloquently by the Apostle Peter, on the Day of Pentecost.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th April 2013), Beren (4th April 2013), HORIZONS (9th April 2013), Revere (5th April 2013)

11. Link to Post #546
    Thanks

'Spiritually' Thinking,.....'Outside of the Box!'

As our picture, ( above), would seem to suggest, there are some who seem to never be able to emerge and 'think outside of the box' on the grand scale of life itself. Such is certainly the case, ( spiritually speaking), regarding mankind's overall concept of God, who He is, and exactly what He is capable of doing for us in life.

There are three words that exclusively belong to God which divinely define His limitless abilities and those words are as follows,.....

1) - Omnipotent: meaning Almighty, having unlimited, infinite authority and power.

2) - Omnipresent: meaning fully present everywhere at the same time

3) - Omniscient: having complete awareness, understanding, or unlimited knowledge; perceiving all things.

To acknowledge, ( and accept), these attributes of God, and resigning oneself to His complete control, is a conscience indicator that you are 'beginning' to emerge from the box, yourself, from a 'spiritual standpoint'.

While there are 'many' who are convinced that today's 'dedicated Christian' is the one who has 'boxed themselves in',....there still remains the 'select few' who opt for the 'old-fashioned deployment of faith' and submit themselves to the Faithful One, Himself.

God's indwelling Spirit, ( the Holy Ghost), fully enables today's dedicated Christian to 'think outside of the box' in ways that 'others' can only imagine. It will cause your mind and soul to soar in ways that totally escapes the human intellect, my friends. Paul informs us, here, that we are 'all' equipped with enough 'faith' to bring about this 'transformation of our mind', if we will only make ourselves available to God.

Quote Romans 12:1-3 (KJV)

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Don't let 'this world' ......keep you 'boxed in', my dear friends!

If God can do 'this' with a caterpillar,........

Just imagine what He can do with YOU,.....when you finally 'emerge from your box!'

Your brother, friend, and servant,........kreagle

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th April 2013), Beren (5th April 2013), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th April 2013), Revere (5th April 2013), william r sanford72 (5th April 2013)

13. Link to Post #547
    Thanks

'EVERYONE',....Asks,....Seeks,....and Knocks

(.....But on 'whose' Door?)

Quote Matthew 7:7-11 (KJV)

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Question: Who 'really' resides at the Door you are knocking on?

Our Heavenly Father 'hears' every single question we 'ask',.....recognizes every direction that we 'seek',.....and....acknowledges every 'knock' that we register,...regardless to whether it was specifically intended 'for Him',....or not!

Where we 'direct' our,....asking,.....seeking,.....and knocking,.....fully indicates 'who' we really rely on, and are most confident in to produce the answers, ( and directions), for the maladies that we face in this life we live.

It seems that certain Israelites were guilty of 'knocking' on the door of 'other gods',....which caused the Prophet, Isaiah, to issue forth this 'timely' warning to them.

Quote Isaiah 30:1-3 (KJV)

30 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

2 That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!

3 Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion.

God 'still' has all the 'answers and directions', my dear friends!,.....'if' we will just knock on the 'proper' Door!

I can assure you,.....He's already 'knocking' on yours!

Quote Revelation 3:19-21 (KJV)

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

With 'great' love,......your brother, friend, and servant,......kreagle

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

15. Link to Post #548
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,246 times in 853 posts

Quote 2 Peter 3:8

But forget not this one thing, beloved, that one day
    is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand
    years as one day.
    Is this quote saying that for God, 1000 years of our
    time, is a day in his time?

If so, then for us, it took God 6000 years, just to
    create heaven and earth.

Of coarse, we all know that the earth is far older than
    6000 years for creation of earth + another 6000 or so
    from creation of man till now= 12 - 13 thousand years old.

I think God created heaven and earth but he didn't create
    human life for billions of year later.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th April 2013), kreagle (9th April 2013)

17. Link to Post #549
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,487 times in 1,711 posts

I believe that a creator or "god" is unknowable to us humans. Unknowable covers a lot of ground and part of that is, maybe never existed.

There were gods mentioned in the OT but they were creators of a kind and just advanced beings imo. And they or their descendants will be back at some time or have come back but we the billions of peons are kept in the dark as usual.

"We don't know," is the bottom line, the final realization. imol.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

18. Link to Post #550
    Thanks

Quote Posted by humanalien (here)
    Quote 2 Peter 3:8

But forget not this one thing, beloved, that one day
    is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand
    years as one day.
    Is this quote saying that for God, 1000 years of our
    time, is a day in his time?

If so, then for us, it took God 6000 years, just to
    create heaven and earth.

Of coarse, we all know that the earth is far older than
    6000 years for creation of earth + another 6000 or so
    from creation of man till now= 12 - 13 thousand years old.

I think God created heaven and earth but he didn't create
    human life for billions of year later.

humanalien,

I think we should remember that we are dealing with God who is not 'bound by time' like you and I are. When we try to wrap our 'human intellect' around His accomplishments, ( ie. the Creation, etc.), we often try to establish whether this event is 'feasible' within the 'time restraints' that we are accustom to, or what we can fully understand. When things don't intellectually add up to our preconceived ways of acceptance, we are often guilty of rationalizing that God,....'must have meant something entirely different' than the literal 6 days of creation that His Word speaks about.

When our 'faith' begins to reach the proper level of maturity we are, then, able to comprehend that God could have, just as easily, created everything in,.....'6 hours',.....or.......'6 minutes',.......or......'6 seconds', as He actually did in '6 days' and recorded in His Word.

WE are the ones limited by time,......not Him!

Another point of 'enlightenment', concerning this, entails a statement that God specifically made to Moses when He issued forth the 'Ten Commandments'. In this statement, God made reference to His 'Creation Week' of 6 days, and resting on the 7th day. Notice what God said in reference to the '4th Commandment' , "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."

Quote Exodus 20:8-11 (KJV)

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The term 'days', here, literally means what it says, ( ie. 24-hour period). If this were not true, the Lord could hardly have used the 'Creation Week' as an example to mankind's 'cycle of work' in Exodus 20: 10-11, ( the 4th Commandment).

Lastly, when taken in context with what Peter was specifically referring to, you will find that Peter was simply 'bolstering' the faith and confidence of the 'brethren' by exhorting them to 'continue to look for His return',......regardless to whether it took a 'thousand' years,....or more,.....for Him to actually return. He was simply warning them to not get impatient, or weary in well doing, and reminding them that God was not on a 'time-line', or bound to it's parameters. Hence we see Peter's exhortation for them to not constrain God, as such.

Quote 2 Peter 3:1-10 (KJV)

3 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

God Bless,.....your brother, friend, and servant,........kreagle

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

20. Link to Post #551
    Thanks

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    I believe that a creator or "god" is unknowable to us humans.

Hello East Sun,

Your statement is true, when viewed in the following light.

Quote I believe that a creator or "god" is unknowable to us unregenerated humans.

To be 'unregenerated' is to be not renewed in heart and mind, or reborn in spirit. This 'condition' can easily be reversed by 'obeying the Gospel Message' of Acts 2:38, as preached by the Apostle Peter, and illustrated in my signature.

Quote Romans 12:1-2 (KJV)

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Jesus tells us that He will, not only, know His children, ( sheep),.....but that His children will 'know Him', likewise!

Quote John 10:14 (KJV)

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

To be 'resurrected with Him' by being born-again of the Water and the Spirit will fully enable you to 'know Him' and to recognize His voice, my dear friend!

Quote John 10:27 (KJV)

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Love and Peace,......your brother, friend, and servant,......kreagle

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th April 2013), Revere (11th April 2013)

22. Link to Post #552
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 times in 540 posts

Hi All!

Speaking of boxes(post 546). When you open up a box or a 3 dimensional cube, and flatten it out. You form the image of the cross from the 6 surfaces.

Kreagle Have you any thoughts on what the actual historical dates of Jesus's birth and death might have been?
    I remember reading once that he was likely born around Easter time?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

kreagle (9th April 2013)

24. Link to Post #553
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,163 times in 1,390 posts

Hi there, Kreagle. Hope you are well.

Based on recent posts,I have a couple of questions for you.

Within your most recent conversation with Revere, you present Satan and Lucifer as being the same person. Is there Biblical evidence for that or is it just a long-held assumption amongst Bible readers?

and.......

When do you consider Adam to have been created (in terrestrial years)?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th April 2013), kreagle (9th April 2013)

26. Link to Post #554
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,487 times in 1,711 posts

Hi Kreagle,

I've been through this whole religious or 'belief' thing countless times and there is no such thing as proving anything to a believer or vice versa.
    So after decades of study and searching and observing the human condition I have my conclusions and an open mind.
    Been there, done that sounds arrogant so I won't say it. I'm content with what I believe and admitting that we know less than we like to admit is a valuable realization.
    We know that lies and manipulation have been used by religious leaders for a long time and if someone studies everything in the OT they will definitely see that is written by many people trying to educate and control lost people.
    Think, alien visitors in those times and ancient writings that can be easily misconstrued.
    I'm not preaching to anyone, just declaring what I personally have found, for what it's worth.
    Last edited by East Sun; 5th May 2013 at 03:12.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

27. Link to Post #555
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AwakeInADream (here)
    Hi All!

Speaking of boxes(post 546). When you open up a box or a 3 dimensional cube, and flatten it out. You form the image of the cross from the 6 surfaces.

Kreagle Have you any thoughts on what the actual historical dates of Jesus's birth and death might have been?
    I remember reading once that he was likely born around Easter time?

AwakeInADream,

Hey brother, been awhile since hearing from you! Don't stay away so long, my dear friend!

Pretty amazing concerning the 3D cubical box resembling a cross when folded out,....don't you think? Once mankind emerges from their respective 'box', ( spiritually speaking), and takes a look at the unfolded box from which he came,.... sounds like a 'Divine' hint to me!

Here is a link to 'Biblical time-lines' for your convenience. I don't particularly have any thoughts on these, other than I somewhat accept most of them, realizing that some of them are historically subjective, and may, ( or may not), be completely correct from a Biblical standpoint. 'Easter' is the time-line where we celebrate His Resurrection, not His Birth, my brother.

http://bibletimeline.info/

As 'always',.....your friend, brother, and servant,.........kreagle

28. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

AwakeInADream (10th April 2013)

29. Link to Post #556
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Akasha (here)
    Hi there, Kreagle. Hope you are well.

Based on recent posts,I have a couple of questions for you.

Within your most recent conversation with Revere, you present Satan and Lucifer as being the same person. Is there Biblical evidence for that or is it just a long-held assumption amongst Bible readers?

and.......

When do you consider Adam to have been created (in terrestrial years)?

Hey Akasha,

I'm doing fine, as I equally hope you are, also.

The issue of 'Lucifer being Satan' has been problematic for some, but I personally don't question this, in lieu of what the Scriptures relate in Isaiah 14:12-15. ( Note: the KJV, which I personally use, refers to the name 'Lucifer', but 'newer' versions of the Bible state 'morning star' instead).

Quote Isaiah 14:12-15 (KJV)

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

The Prophet Ezekiel gives us a more detailed account of what role this 'special' angel held while he was in favor with God, prior to his rebellion which resulted in him being expelled from Heaven.

Quote Ezekiel 28:14-19 (KJV)

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

As you will note, Akasha, this 'angelic being', called Lucifer in Isaiah chapter 14, was cast out of Heaven. He had stated that he would 'exalt his throne above the stars of God', ( verse 13), which fully indicated that he would be their ruler.

In Revelation 12:4-9, we find where the 'dragon', ( further revealed to be Satan, himself), was equally cast out of Heaven, along with the 'third part' of the stars of God, ( ie. 'angels'), that he successfully caused to join ranks with him in his rebellion against God that Isaiah refers to above.

Quote Revelation 12:4-9 (KJV)

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

'Lucifer' was his name while he was in his 'cherub' angelic form and abode in Heaven. This all changed, dramatically, when he was ousted from Heaven, along with 1/3 of the angels that he also deceived into rebelling with him. Now his name is 'Satan', or commonly referred to as the Devil.

In addition to this I know that the name 'Lucifer' is used quite extensively in the 'occult' and in satanic rituals.

I fully realize that the 'debate' on this topic of 'Lucifer/Satan' continues to rage onward for those who wish to entangle themselves with it,....but I certainly have no interest, or desire, to become 'one of them'.

As far as when Adam was created in terrestrial years, you can also click on the link that I provided on my reply to AwakeInADream about 'Biblical time-lines'. It simply states 'Before 4000 BC' . I have not researched the 'historical account' of this. Perhaps you could share any findings that 'you' have on this with us.

Great to hear from you,......your brother, friend, and servant,.....kreagle

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Akasha (13th April 2013), AwakeInADream (10th April 2013), Beren (16th April 2013)

31. Link to Post #557
    Thanks

Two Manner of People
    (Who Rules?)

Quote Genesis 25:21-26 (KJV)

21 And Isaac intreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and the Lord was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord.

23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.

25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.

26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.

( Unborn twins fighting for space in the womb)

Most people don't realize that, in the account of 'Esau and Jacob's birth' is a 'divine' example, ( or 'type and shadow'), of every one of our individual lives and the 'dual nature' that's within each one of us. Fully ingrained within our lives,..we 'all' have an 'Esau, ( carnal), nature',....and....a 'Jacob, ( spiritual), nature' that wars within us from the very onset of our lives, all the way to the very end! The 'key', ( and the ultimate goal), is to make sure that our 'spiritual side', ( Jacob),....overrides our 'carnal side', ( Esau). Somewhere along the line it will become imperative for our spiritual side, ( Jacob), to likewise 'reach out', ( verse 26), and get a solid hold of our soul's nemesis,...the carnal side, ( Esau), if we ever intend to 'come out on top of our fleshly desires' and attain spiritual victory.

We've all been given a 'Godly mandate' in this passage of Scripture,...( ie. "the elder shall serve the younger.", ( verse 23), but it remains to be seen whether 'many' will heed this Divine directive for our lives, or not. Here, the 'elder' represents the '1st natural birth experience' that we all partake of as we enter this world to begin with,.....and the 'younger' represents the '2nd spiritual birth experience' of being 'born again of the Water and the Spirit', ( See John 3:5).

Quote John 3:5 (KJV)

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Surely it must be recognized that the Divine directive from God towards us, here, is that we become partakers of the 'Holy Ghost experience', ( the 2nd Birth),.....and that we should then commission this '2nd Spiritual Birth experience' to rule over the '1st carnal birth experience' from that moment onward. Remember!,....'the elder shall serve the younger!'

In light of this 'Spiritual Truth' we sadly find that 'many' today never allow their spiritual side, ( Jacob), to come to the forefront of their lives and 'speak up for himself' and to get that divine opportunity of 'grabbing hold of the heel' of his carnal side, ( Esau). Hence,....the Divine directive from God becomes unheeded and His Divine promise unrealized.

The following passage of scripture from the Book of Romans is lengthy, but specifically denotes the 'rewards,....and the consequences' of those who position their own personal 'spiritual-side', ( Jacob) to become the ultimate 'ruler' over their destructive 'carnal-side', ( Esau).

Quote Romans 8:1-17
    King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

( in conclusion)

From a purely logical standpoint,.......why should anyone allow their own 'carnal-side', ( Esau), to call all the shots,....make all their important decisions,....and to dictate what needs to be done in their respective lives?

Will their 'carnal,...fleshly side' have to 'answer to God',....one day? ( ie. 'No',....but their 'spiritual-side' will!) The 'flesh' will have been long gone by then, returned to the dust of the ground from whence it came to begin with, and only the 'spirit' left behind to reap, or pay, the consequences!

Why does humanity allow their 'worst' side, ( flesh and carnality), call the shots,...make the decisions,....and dictate the terms of their lives,.......when 'it' won't even be around on 'Judgement Day' to answer for 'it's' actions?

Shouldn't the 'one' left standing, ( ie. our spiritual-side), be the 'one' in charge of all those 'life-defining' moments that we encountered while here on earth? Since our 'spiritual-side' will stand 'alone' on 'Judgement Day' to answer for itself, shouldn't we have taken measures a 'long time ago' to ensure that he/she, ( our Jacob side), be given complete charge and 'control' over those shots to be called,.....decisions to be made,.....and terms to be dictated during our respective lives?

Why does 'mankind' allow our 'spiritual-side', ( Jacob), take the 'rap',.... suffer the consequences/punishment, for what our 'carnal-side', ( Esau), caused to begin with?

Why isn't our 'spiritual-side', ( Jacob), placed in 'complete control' of his own divine destiny?

'NOW',....is it any wonder why God said,......"the elder, ( 1st-birth, carnal experience), shall serve, ( be under the 'rule' of), the younger, ( 2nd-Birth, spiritual experience)?"

Who rules in your own personal life? Is it the 'one' who will be there on Judgement Day, ( your 'spiritual-side', Jacob), to give a full account of his/her actions,.......OR......will you have rendered your own personal 'Jacob' powerless and completely ineffective by allowing your 'carnal, fleshly-side', ( Esau), to always be fully in charge of your earthly existence?

Who 'serves' who? Does your 'flesh' serve your 'spirit',.....or.....is it the 'other way around?'

Who 'rules',......Jacob....or.....Esau?

With 'great love',.......your brother, friend, and servant,......kreagle

32. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

AwakeInADream (15th April 2013)

33. Link to Post #558
    Thanks

30,100.......and counting!

The 'above' number is the current amount of 'Views' that have been contributed towards this thread from it's inception back in August of 2012.

Just wanted to take a moment and 'personally' thank everyone who has participated on this thread, whether by taking the time to personally 'contribute',....or to take the time to 'read' the contents, here. When applied, God's Word always has a special way of enriching our lives in ways that we may, ( or may not), fully recognize.

We've actually only 'begun' to explore the unsearchable riches that are contained within His Word,.....so I implore everyone, here, to 'keep in touch' as we each navigate our way through our difficult, ( and complicated), lives that we live. A Divine 'GPS System', ( His Holy Word), has been lovingly provided to us so that we might be able to properly 'map out' our way through the 'hazardous conditions' of life,.....and to ultimately find our way 'back Home' to the awaiting arms of our Heavenly Father.

I hope that 'each of you' can equally 'spiritually smell' the 'fatted calf' that has been so lovingly prepared by our Father,.... back 'Home',.....and explicitly for 'you and I',....the long, lost Prodigal.

Quote Matthew 5:6 (KJV)

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

With 'all' my love,.......your brother, friend, and servant,......kreagle

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

AwakeInADream (15th April 2013), Revere (24th April 2013)

35. Link to Post #559
    Thanks

Life in the 'Pressure Cooker'

It seems that this little device has 'made the news' , at the Boston Marathon, in a very negative, ( and destructive), way. What sinister minds 'some' must have to take such an otherwise useful kitchen device and totally misdirect it's usage to that which is so deadly and devilish.

With that said, I am somewhat convinced that this latest event that has presented itself before us is more than likely just another 'Divine Hint', ( out of 'many'), that has been placed before us, in an effort to fully get our attention.

Whether we fully realize it, or not, mankind has a way of 'placing themselves in the pressure cooker' simply by the way we attempt to live our lives. Naturally we begin by surrounding ourselves with structural concepts, ideal-isms, and governing factors that we find will be conducive to the 'well-rounded life' that we are endeavoring to produce for ourselves and our loved ones. Once we have established these required 'ingredients', we then encase ourselves with this 'lifestyle',....hence, we have just encased ourselves in the 'pressure cooker', whether we realize it, or not. Let me further explain 'how' we have done this.

As a young man growing up, ( and even now, today), I have always been very patriotic towards the United States of America,....her concepts,...ideal-isms,....and her government of the people. I can't imagine not being afforded the opportunity, ( and extreme privilege), of being able to benefit from her provisions that many of the 'less fortunate' have only been able to 'dream' of. What a 'stroke of luck' it was for me to have been born into a country that seemingly could 'do no wrong',....'had it's act together',....and had 'God on her side'. I, like 'many' more of my fellow Americans had been 'heavily indoctrinated' with the American Dream,.....UNTIL.....one day, I finally woke up and discovered that I had 'voluntarily' placed myself in the 'pressure cooker'.

You see, the 'pressure cooker' is what you get when you surround yourself with concepts, ideal-isms, and governing factors, that are not able to 'stand the test of time' and are in reality, 'faulty by design'. Most of the time we are oblivious to the fact that we have placed ourselves in this situation until we finally mature and have our own personal 'awakening'. It's only through our 'awakening' that we truly begin to sense the 'pressure' that begins to intensify to greater, ( and more profound), levels.

At this point in my life, my own personal 'pressure cooker' situation was becoming volatile and causing extreme discomfort within my soul. I had just been 'awakened' to the fact that my country, ( the dear, old, US of A ), wasn't quite so wonderful after all! As a matter-of-fact, she had been party to many 'war-like atrocities' that I was 'painfully' becoming aware of. Her 'luster' as a nation that had 'shone so brightly' in my recent past was now dulling rapidly right before my shameful eyes. Her 'governing officials' had been exposed as incompetent and unworthy of the positions they held. Needless to say,....I was a very distraught, young American. Pressure was beginning to build in my life as instability entered in.

What does a 'young man' do when he painfully becomes aware, ( and awakened), to the fact that his entire 'system', ( ie. structural concepts, ideal-isms, and governing factors), are completely flawed and that they should not be 'blindly' relied upon as in the past? My 'structurally sound' lifestyle that I had tried to carefully lay out for myself and my loved ones had just been exposed as fundamentally flawed. Truly,...my life was in the 'pressure cooker'!

As indicated by my illustration of the 'Pressure Cooker' above, there are 'controls and valves' that are attached that, when deployed, will 'let some of the steam, ( pressure), escape'. The problem with this, though, is that 'most' people don't fully understand how to 'properly' deploy these 'controls and valves' within their respective lives during these realised moments of crisis. Hence, we see the 'suicide rates' escalating astronomically across this world in which we live as a result.

I really wish that I could answer for 'everyone', but I fully realize that I cannot, for this is where we reach the proverbial 'fork in the road'. From 'here' I can only 'suggest and advise' on the direction in which I, personally, took in my quest to get out of the 'pressure cooker' afforded by this life we live.

When 'I' personally found that I could no longer handle the 'pressure' of this world that was collapsing before my very eyes,....I allowed my 'heart' to desperately reach out for the 'controls and valves' of my self-induced 'pressure cooker' and found myself getting a 'firm grip on repentance' towards God!

Repentance, for me, not only turned the 'controls and valves' of my own personal 'pressure cooker',....consequently releasing the pressure that was rapidly building in my life,....IT GOT ME OUT OF THE 'PRESSURE COOKER',.....ALTOGETHER!!!

A 'simple' step of implementing 'Repentance towards God',.....followed up by water baptism in Jesus' name,.....and sealed with the infilling of God's Spirit, the Holy Ghost,....had fully delivered me from the 'pressure cooker' and had 'set me free!'

Quote 2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And,....

Ephesians 1:12-14 (KJV)

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

The world in which we live, ( and mankind in general), is under extreme 'pressure',....even as we speak. One would have to be completely blind to not acknowledge such. 'Pressure' is something that we 'all', universally, can relate to, for it weaves it's sinister presence into every one of our respective lives, whether we want it, or not.

Life in the 'Pressure Cooker' will do you in,.....and completely destroy your life,....unless you are 'successfully' able to get a 'firm grip' on the 'controls and valves' and to ultimately be set free from this overwhelming pressure.

'Repentance towards God' began the process of turning the 'valves and controls' for me. It's principle, ( and concept), is firmly established within the Word of God. I firmly believed it, and applied it,....and behold,....it worked for me, and will work for 'you', also!

No one needs to endure the 'Pressure Cooker',....when you can be 'set' free!

With 'great' love,......your brother, friend, and servant,.....kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 19th April 2013 at 02:38. Reason: original post prematurely cut off,....this is 'complete' version intended

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (18th April 2013), Revere (24th April 2013), SilentFeathers (24th April 2013)

37. Link to Post #560
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

Cheers mate for this insight. Whether the Boston bombing was a false flag or not, the fact remains that there are some very bad people operating at the apex of power in both your country and mine. God may very well have played a leading role in creating the ideal that is 'the land of the free', but in the corridors of power that God has been forgotten. Or cast away.

The Boston pressure cooker devices are a 'hint' indeed - they are a metaphor in microcosm of a rapidly worsening global situation. When will the lid blow, and the contents engulf us all?

I was watching RT news last night and caught a segment that summed up the situation perfectly. Note the juxtaposition she presents of Obama's speech with regards to bombs against civilians being 'terrorism', and his drone policy overseas. Very revealing. Watch it and applaud this woman, this independent, truth speaking journalist. I love her! She also, very bravely, exposes the cancers that infest the corporate media.

Here's the clip,

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

kreagle (19th April 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst 1 18 28 36 LastLast