+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1 6 16 36 LastLast

Thread: Bible Topics and Questions

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Default Re: Bible Topics and Questions

To 'everyone',......got another wonderful 'praise song' for your enjoyment, in the Lord!

The 'title' to this song 'says it all'......."Our God!!"

He, alone, is worthy to be praised!

I love you 'all', very deeply and profoundly,........in Jesus' name,.........kreagle
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

GCS1103 (3rd September 2012), Krullenjongen (1st September 2012)

3. Link to Post #102
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

Hello Kreagle

I'm not understanding the use of the word "Our" in that song. Is that as opposed to "Your"?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

Krullenjongen (1st September 2012)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks

Smile Re: Bible Topics and Questions

Quote Hello Kreagle

I'm not understanding the use of the word "Our" in that song. Is that as opposed to "Your"?

Sounds like you're,....'ducking the issue',.....my dear friend. He's 'your's, also,.....'if' you want Him!

Peace,.....brother!

kreagle

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Tarka the Duck (31st August 2012)

7. Link to Post #104
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

Hahahahaha!

For me, the constant repetition of the word "our" is a bit disturbing and could be heard as divisive if one was of a particular mindset.

In fact, if I'm going to be brutally honest, the whole presentation of this is comletely alien to my delicate European sensibilities...I'm sure they are sincere, but I run a million miles from this type of razzmatazz. Just a taste thing

Kathie
    Last edited by Tarka the Duck; 31st August 2012 at 12:11.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

Krullenjongen (1st September 2012)

9. Link to Post #105
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Peace Be Upon Kreagle = PBUK

if ever in doubt, it's a joke...

King James does not deserve recognition each time words are quoted from this translation since it was done by 47 under direction of the Templar, not him.

each time you recognize him before a message, what do you think readers are thinking...

leave it at KJV and readers can fill in Kinda Jumbled Version in their mind...

You, the one delivering this message from the bible, is far more important to me than a dead King...

10. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Tarka the Duck, my 'sister'

Let me begin with profoundly apologizing, once again, for referring to you as 'brother'. I've done this before, elsewhere,....and I've got to remember to 'do a little more 'investigative work' before I 'open my big mouth' ! Please forgive me, 'sister!'

Quote Hahahahaha!

For me, the constant repetition of the word "our" is a bit disturbing and could be heard as divisive if one was of a particular mindset.

In fact, if I'm going to be brutally honest, the whole presentation of this is comletely alien to my delicate European sensibilities...I'm sure they are sincere, but I run a million miles from this type of razzmatazz. Just a taste thing

Kathie
    I want you to know that I 'fully understand' where you are coming from, sister. What you need to realize is that what you, and others, are viewing on that particular video clip, is a large group of people who have 'literally been set free!' That, to be brutally honest with you, also,.....is 'exactly what you are seeing there. Consequently, it has become an 'ownership thing to them',.....hence the term,..."Our God"! Thank goodness, this 'ownership thing' is not exclusive, in that, it is unquestionably for 'whosoever will'! Anyone can 'join right in,....and join up',......'membership is wide open', my 'European' friend.

You know, Tarka the Duck,....(or 'more realistically', Kathie), I've got a suggestion for you that might illustrate, more adequately, what I am trying to convey to you, here. Why don't you click on the above video clip, one more time,....but this time,....'MUTE' the sound. That's right,.....don't listen to the 'music or words' at all,.....just simply 'observe' what's going on before your very eyes! Span the large crowd that's there, Kathie,.....what do you see? Kathie,....these people are free! ('If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.' John 8:36)

No, Kathie, my dear,.....it's not your 'delicate European sensibilities' kicking in, here,.........it's much, much more sensitive than that, my dear friend!

God bless you, my dear friend!,......your brother, friend, and servant.........kreagle

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Krullenjongen (1st September 2012), Tarka the Duck (1st September 2012)

12. Link to Post #107
    Thanks

Hey Rocky_Shorz,

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)

King James does not deserve recognition each time words are quoted from this translation since it was done by 47 under direction of the Templar, not him.

each time you recognize him before a message, what do you think readers are thinking...

leave it at KJV and readers can fill in Kinda Jumbled Version in their mind...

You, the one delivering this message from the bible, is far more important to me than a dead King...

I know you have made reference to the usage of the KJV, on this and other threads, and I understand where you are coming from, my friend.

If it's any consolation to you,...my current pastor, (a wonderfully anointed man of God), also does not care for the KJV, primarily because of the 'language used', (ie. 'thee,....thou,......shalt,.....dieth,....killeth, etc). He, point blank, has stated that 'God doesn't use the King's language,.....as stated in the KJV'. I also understand where He's coming from, but we both are in complete agreement that the 'core Gospel Message' and 'validity of It's contents' remain in contact and that It's integrity has not been compromised!

I also am in agreement with you that old King James, himself, was basically a 'reprobate' in character, to say the least. However, the many scholars who gathered themselves together for one of the 'oldest English translation's available' went through some pretty rigorous steps and procedures to ensure that the 'original texts',....( Hebrew for the Old Testament,....and.....Greek for the New Testament),....were meticulously copied and recorded,....word for word. I know this is up for debate, in certain scholastic minds,....but I am thoroughly convinced that this would still be the case, regardless if 'all' of the scholars who gathered themselves for this event had been ushered there on the 'wings of angels!'

This brings me to my final comment on the KJV, which I use. In the infancy of my new-found 'walk with God',.....I remember that I, too, had a good deal of difficulty understanding many of the passages in the KJV, also. I had purchased my 'new KJV Bible', (one of my most prized possessions), just a few days after I had been baptized in Jesus' name back on January 30, 1981,( 26 yrs. old, then). I vividly recall that as I was 'tarrying to be filled with the Holy Ghost',....I would earnestly read the scriptures, from my 'new KJV Bible', and quite frankly, wasn't fully understanding or comprehending what I was reading! All of that completely took a 'dramatic turn' when, on February 22, 1981, ( 23 days after I was baptized in Jesus' name), I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost, God's Spirit, and began to 'speak in other tongues',...which gave me the unquestionable evidence that I had, indeed, been filled with His Spirit!! Suddenly, and miraculously, I immediately came to realize that I was under the 'tutelage' of a 'New Schoolmaster'. The Spirit of God literally became my Teacher!

John 16:13-14
    King James Version (KJV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Rocky_Shorz, it may be just as hard for you 'now',....(just like it was for me, back 'then'), to understand, fully, what had just happened to me! Miraculously,.....those 'same passages' that I had read,....'just a few days earlier',.....made 'perfect sense to me, now!' Friend,.....I was totally blown away! Time after time,.....page after page,.....scripture after scripture,.....'It was all making sense to me, now!' I would call my wife into the room, where I was reading my Bible, and begin to 'share with her my 'findings'! As I would 'cross reference' various passages,....from the Old Testament to the New Testament,.....from this passage to that passage,....connecting the 'dots',....here and there,.....my wife would look at me in 'utter amazement' and ask,....."How, in the world do you see this?,......Who showed you this?",....to which I could only humbly, and honestly, reply,......"God!!!" Not only had God filled me with His Spirit,....but now He was beginning the task of 'renewing my mind', too!

Romans 12:1-2
    King James Version (KJV)

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rocky_Shorz,......brother, I could literally go.....'on and on',.....but I think, and hope, you are grasping my point, here, my dear friend. You see,.....regardless if a person uses the KJV,....or NKJV,....or NIV,....or NASB,...or NLT, etc.,.....grab hold of 'one of them' and use it, my dear, dear, friend!!

And let me lovingly warn 'every one of you',.....that it will be imperative for you,.....just like it was for me,.....to equally place yourself in a position so that you, too, can receive the 'infilling of the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost',...likewise, in your life!

For without His Spirit, fully resident in your life, you're going to wind up being 'frustrated,....unfulfilled,....and lacking' in your 'walk with God', my dear friends. Furthermore, you will find that,.... (regardless of the 'version of Bible' you choose),....you're going to wind up 'scratching your head',....and ultimately clueless as to what He is 'really trying to say, and reveal, to you!'

'Spiritual material,........requires a,.......Spiritual mind!!'

As always!,.....your brother, friend, and servant.........kreagle

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

GCS1103 (3rd September 2012), Krullenjongen (1st September 2012), Rocky_Shorz (1st September 2012)

14. Link to Post #108
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

there are translations done from the original texts, into modern English instead of a language 500 years old, it just relates better with people who want to know the bible's messages, it takes someone very dedicated to understand the KJV, but these questions really had nothing to do with the book as much as your replies...

most here at Avalon are very Spiritual they are connected far beyond most, because they understand God is there for all of us, we don't need someone to speak to him for us.

you are here for a special reason, there are many reading that are hurting and needing your knowledge, but they write with personalities, part of a different generation.

be like me and understand it's them being them, they are coming to you with questions they've always wanted to ask someone, you are in the confessional ready for the knock on the door...

15. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

Are there any thoughts on this 'event' in Victoria, Texas?

Here is the passage that has caused this 'uproar'.

Psalm 109:8
    King James Version (KJV)

8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

16. Link to Post #110
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The message of a master.
    the scret.
    the lost book of enki.

just a few suggestions that helped me understand the bible more...

17. Link to Post #111
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

This Trust should have also have been applied to helping this President who speaks for 99% of the people suffering the party of NO. When you run a car without oil/little people moving the gears of the economy, you wear it down and you either keep the vehicle by repairing the engine, (rebuilt or new) or buy a new vehicle. The vehicle has to be "trustworthy if used" Romney is used/car salesman and liar, who is supported by the Koch brothers, plain and simple. These brothers funded both sides of the WW2 and this is who their voters are supporting. A communist/facist warmongering group, that keeps the party of reason, out of the conversation. People are tired of getting the middle finger by Republican Corporate Wall Street Puppets.

They should vote for their freedom, not more outsourcing, because that is how MITT made his BILLIONS he has offshore, and his taxes will prove it.

18. Link to Post #112
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    Hello Kreagle

I think this has nothing to do with devision as in mine in opposition to yours.
    It has to do with perspective.
    Some songs are written from a personal perspective and you sing things like "i love you Lord..." and "You are my God"
    The other category is written from a communal perspective. you must keep in mind that a lot of song are sang in a communal form like in church where you sing with a whole bunch of other people who are there for the same reason and have the same goal.
    So from that perspective you can also sing thing like "we love you Lord..." and "You are our God"
    I think this song some falls in the later catagory.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

kreagle (1st September 2012)

20. Link to Post #113
    Thanks

Peace Be Upon Kreagle = PBUK
    LOL, i didin't get it either, but it is very funny Rocky_Shortz
    Last edited by Krullenjongen; 1st September 2012 at 14:36.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

kreagle (1st September 2012), Rocky_Shorz (2nd September 2012)

22. Link to Post #114
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kreagle (here)

King James Version (KJV)

Well this verse comes to mind.

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God." (Rom 13:1)

Doesn't that mean that Obama is in power because God allowed him to be?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

kreagle (1st September 2012), Rocky_Shorz (2nd September 2012)

24. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Krullenjongen (here)
    Quote Posted by kreagle (here)

King James Version (KJV)

Well this verse comes to mind.

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God." (Rom 13:1)

Doesn't that mean that Obama is in power because God allowed him to be?

Hey Krullenjongen my brother,

I have to say that I, equally, agree with you,...and especially in the light of the passage you have shared here, (Romans 13:1). Regardless to whether one might 'support or reject' Obama,.....(or whoever might be currently in office),....we owe it to ourselves to 'respect the office'.

I, purposely, was 'neutral on this subject' at the onset of this particular question. I wanted to get the opinions of 'others' without influencing their thinking. I will admit that I was hesitant in this particular 'subject matter',....because I fully realize the potential 'can of worms' that often wind up being opened, in reference to 'politics'!

The usage of the 'actual Word of God', here, appears somewhat 'crafty', at the first glance of what It says here. Surely there are a great deal of Americans who would agree with the sentiments of what this passage says here,......'Let his days be few; and let another take his office.' On the 'surface' this passage looks harmless enough, but,.....that's the problem,...because for those who will go to the trouble to look beyond the 'surface,......to the innermost meaning' of the passage, you will find that there is much 'ill will and intent' surrounding that passage in Psalms 109:8.

Was it the desires of the 'user of this passage' to cause Obama's 'children to become fatherless,....or his wife to be an widow?' If you go to this chapter in the Bible you will find that this passage does, indeed, say this. It was originally said by a distraught David in reference to his 'enemies',.....and in a totally different light.

The point that I would like to make, here, is that we don't have the 'right,...or the permission' to take the Word of God 'out of context', like it was done in this example.

None of us should ever use the 'Word of God as our own personal whip!!' I'm afraid this is what this individual did, in reality!

This is also an 'excellent example' where various individuals 'pick and choose' various passages,...('by themselves'),......in an effort to 'prove their point'. To make matters worse,....more often than not, they know better to begin with, in that they know they are 'bending and molding the passages' to fit their agenda.

Two passages come to mind, here,......

2 Peter 3:15-16
    King James Version (KJV)

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

and also,........

[I]Proverbs 14:12
    King James Version (KJV)

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.[/I]

Just a few points that merit our 'serious consideration!'

Your brother, friend, and servant,........kreagle

P.S. Thank you, so much, brother, for your PM's to me. They are a great 'asset' to me and I cherish your insight. kreagle

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Krullenjongen (3rd September 2012), Rocky_Shorz (2nd September 2012)

26. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

Quote Guess what?,.....I am learning from you, too!
    We are all gathered here at Avalon to learn from each other, I enjoy leaning back as the student as much as teaching...
    one day at a time my friend...

now, where were we...

hello again Rocky_Shorz,

Brother, I completely concur with your statement, here,....especially the part I 'highlighted!' God forbid that I ever get to the point in my 'personal walk with God' that I become disillusioned into thinking that I have 'reached a graduating point' of being a 'student!' This particular 'class is always in session' and you don't want to be 'tardy,.....or certainly not absent' when the 'roll call is given!'

Speaking of class,.......do you know that I,...just now,....'finally' got what you were referring to in your 'joking statement'........

Quote PBUK is asking for peace for the messenger in case the translation wasn't perfect...

"Duh!,.....boy can I be stupid, sometimes!" Even after you revealed to me what PBUK meant,....I still didn't 'get it' until a follow-up comment by Krullenjongen made me take another look at your statement above.......

per Krullenjongen......
    Quote LOL, i didin't get it either, but it is very funny Rocky_Shortz

Finally, I understand your 'jest',....followed by a 'chuckle', myself.

However, as I return to the 'somber truth' of the task that's before us all,....I have to, and will, rely upon the 'leading of God's Spirit' to continue to do as He promised. He promised to 'lead and guide me',.....and to that I am persuaded that He is not going to lead me off the end of a 'dead man's plank!' When you think of the 'ploys of Satan' and his deceptive tactics,.....that's exactly what he would like for all of us to believe! But by faith in Him, and His glorious Word, the pathway realistically becomes a 'roadway to His Glory!'

In regards to this, Paul warns us all,....to keep walking.....

1 Corinthians 15:19
    King James Version (KJV)

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

There is a 'prize' for us all,...on the 'other side',.....keep walking, by faith!

Your brother, friend, and servant..........kreagle

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Krullenjongen (3rd September 2012), Rocky_Shorz (2nd September 2012)

28. Link to Post #117
    Thanks

Hey, brother's and sister's,.......got a little topic here, that we all deal with some time or the other.

"What's Itching you?"

Just beyond the reach of satisfaction,........

No!,....I'm not talking about 'itching' that!,...well, (you know what),....but I'm referring to the 'areas of our lives' that irritate us, to the point of developing an almost 'uncontrollable desire to be itched',.....or satisfied,....or shall we more pointedly say,.....'answered!!' You all know what I mean,......we all have them,....no one is immune! It's times like these that we really 'need each other',....for more often than not,....those 'spiritually irritated areas' of our individual lives are, once again,.....just beyond the reach of satisfaction! We simply can't reach them,...alone!

Ponder, my friends, brothers', and sisters'!

Let's,.....help each other out!!!

'Itching to hear from you!',........your brother, friend, and servant,.......kreagle

29. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Krullenjongen (3rd September 2012)

30. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

To 'everyone'......

There is a very wonderful topic by mariposafe, titled 'Abundance' that I highly recommend to each of you to 'view and contribute' to, as you can. You will see that I posted my comment on post #14. I don't mind telling you that I became pretty emotional, (as I do in most of my posts), as I recalled and related my dealings with an 'Abundant God'. Once again, I highly recommend it to you! I've also enclosed a link to it for your convenience,...now or later!

link:https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post547759

God bless you all,.....your friend, brother, and servant,.........kreagle

31. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Krullenjongen (3rd September 2012)

32. Link to Post #119
    Thanks

The 'actual photo' says one thing,.....but,......the 'shadow' says something entirely different!'

Are we passing up, (or by),.....'golden opportunities?'

Hmmmmmm,.....makes you wonder, doesn't it? Ever wonder, in life, if you've somehow been guilty of passing by your 'chance of a lifetime',....or even your one, and only, 'true love?' Maybe someone, here, would like to discuss this!

You know,....it appears that the dog is the only one in the picture who is 'sensitive enough to see the potential union', here, doesn't it? No wonder the dog is known as 'man's best friend!'

Psalm 91:1
    King James Version (KJV)

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

As always,....your brother, friend, and servant,......kreagle

33. Link to Post #120
    Thanks

A 'room' made especially for you! (Genesis 6:14-22)

I realize that 'at first glance', many might become offended at this particular age old Biblical image. I can assure you that our adversaries, ( Satan and whoever else they may be), would like you to believe that God is, once again, treating us all like a 'bunch of animals',.....corralling us all together,....and cramming us on a 'vessel of salvation! This 'mentality' is further backed-up and proven to be true by our 'many detractors' who seem to derive great pleasure in referring to the 'dedicated Christian of today' as nothing more than a 'sheeple!' In other words,.....we are literally 'half people.......half sheep........and 'all' NUTS!' The same voice(s) we hear today is nothing more than an 'echo from yesterday' which said much the same thing as this 'magnificent vessel', (above), was constructed.

Those 'same voices' have further tried to prove that it 'just isn't possible' for the ark to be able to contain everything that it 'was suppose to contain'. They say 'there just isn't enough room!' What a horrible indictment to charge God with!!

Not only was there 'plenty of room' on Noah's ark, (specifically designed by God),.....but, in reality, there were 'rooms' left over,....and never actually used,....if you look just a little deeper into the mindset of our Lord God!

Note the following,......The ark was in construction for approximately 100 years, (begun around the time Noah was 500 years old, and concluded in his 600th year,...Gen. 5:32 and Gen. 7:11). Noah was also referred to as a 'preacher of righteousness... 2 Peter 2:5). Consequently, whenever Noah was not actively 'building the ark' with his 3 sons,....he was 'preaching and warning' of the coming calamity upon all of mankind, the Flood.

It was the 'full intention of God' for others,....many others,....to have joined Noah, his 3 sons, and their wives! Only 'eight souls' were saved from this calamity, ( 1 Peter 3:20),...far short of the 'design and desires' of God!

The 'casual observer' might inquisitively ask,...."just how do you know this?"

The answer to this lies clearly in the scriptures, in that,.....#1) Noah was instructed to 'make rooms in the ark' (Gen. 6:14),.....#2) Noah was a 'preacher of righteousness', warning humanity as the ark was in construction ( 2 Peter 2:5),.......and #3) If God thought enough of humanity to 'send them a preacher',.....then He equally had a 'room to put them in' should they simply come to Him and heed the warning of Noah! The 'plans of God' are always completely thought out by Him and prepared for any scenario!

Those many 'rooms' in the ark, constructed by Noah per the 'blueprint of God' were in no way meant to be 'exclusively for the animals', nor just for the 'eight souls' consisting of Noah, his wife, Ham, Shem, Japheth, and their 3 wives. Somewhere on that massive ark, there were literally 'empty rooms' meant to be filled!!

(in conclusion)

Clearly the 'vessel of salvation' of the Genesis' account was a massive ark, designed by God. Today's 'vessel of salvation' is spoken of, and revealed, as the 'New Testament Church' born into existence on the Day of Pentecost, and equally designed by God. As Noah was instructed to 'add the animals and his family' to this 'vessel of salvation',...We find that God, Himself, is doing the 'same today!',.......

'......And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.' (Acts 2:47)

The 'dissenting voice of yesterday' even echos loudly today, too, with the 'same message of unbelief'. It still blares out the message that,....."God's vessel of salvation is inadequate and doesn't have room for you!''But not only are they wrong about the 'room',.....but the 'size of it , also!'

John 14:1-4
    King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

It seems that those 'rooms',.......have become,......'mansions!'

And just think!,......'one of them has got your name on it!'

Reservations,.....anyone?

As always,....your brother, friend, and servant,........kreagle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1 6 16 36 LastLast