Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 1 8 18 36 LastLast

Thread: Bible Topics and Questions

1. Link to Post #141
    Mexico Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,360 times in 440 posts

Default Re: Bible Topics and Questions

Quote Posted by kreagle (here)
    You have 'conveniently' only copied and pasted a 'portion of Kristin's advice' in an effort to gain your wishes as you have laid out here for a 'proposed debate'. It's conditions like these where only 'partial statements' are cherry-picked that lead to complete misunderstandings. I can only 'imagine' what it would be like to enter into a debate with anyone who would deploy such deceptive tactics.
    kreagle,

I did use the [...] sign which clearly states that i'm only quouting a portion of her post. So much for deception...
    I will stop posting my questions here, since you made it clear this is not a debate thread.

You can go back and do the Lord's work. Never ask questions, never contemplate another vision. Never debate. Never nothing.
    The devil is waiting for you to make a mistake, so he can have your soul forever. Never believe that aint so. After all it must be pretty hot down there...

Chris

2. Link to Post #142
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

how many of you have every looked at the Biblical Archaeology thread where we discuss scientific findings that prove what the bible shared is true...

Biblical-Archaeology

or the Lord Sid's thread he ran for the nuggets explaining truths of the different religions and how they relate...

3. Link to Post #143
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 549 posts

To 'Everyone',..............

I regret that the last several posts, here, have been dedicated and presented in a 'somewhat uncomfortable' manner. Long before this particular thread came about, I was party to the 'vicious cycle' that was developing on the previous thread,....'the Bible'. At the conclusion of each session spent on this 'past thread' I usually left it feeling 'terrible, depressed, and feeling like I needed to take a bath'. And this was all coming from participating on a topic called,....'the Bible?' (Something is very wrong with this picture, folks!)

Our moderator, Kristin, wisely stepped in, and gave us 'all' a solution to this festering problem,.....and I personally took her advice, along with a variety of PM's to another highly respected Avalon member, and laid the groundwork for this particular thread as you see it now.

I hope everyone here understands. God's Word is too precious and pure to argue and fight over to me. He deserves so much more than that from us!

And to complete my thought process on this, it might even be a 'good idea' for SOMEONE to either start a 'new Bible Debate' thread,....or resurrect the old 'the Bible' thread, again! I just don't want to be that particular, (SOMEONE), for personal reasons.

Your brother, friend, and servant,.........kreagle

********post update********

Can you believe we are now 'arguing' over not being able to,.........'argue?' (Satan is 'slick' isn't he?)
    Last edited by kreagle; 10th September 2012 at 07:55. Reason: updated though
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

latshaw (1st December 2012)

5. Link to Post #144
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,942 times in 2,540 posts

Kreagle,

Actually, you opened the door to debate yourself... that is why people are coming here to do so. I say ONCE AGAIN and for the last time quoted from my own words,

"That being said... it is important that it will be understood that not everyone who comes here is looking to be "converted" to Christianity, and that people are allowed to state their "feelings" as well as why they have come to their own conclusions. From the OP it is important to understand that since this conversation was suggested... it should also be allowed. Kreagle, my question to you is that since you have opened this door are you willing to proceed or do you want to change the stated intention of the OP?"

You can not have it both ways. Either you do not wish to talk about the legitimacy of the Bible and it's foundation, which fits into "Bible Topics and Questions" and your original OP or you do. I would suggest rewriting the OP to clearly state that intention. As of now, the door is open.

From the Heart,
    Kristin

6. Link to Post #145
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kristin (here)
    Kreagle,

Actually, you opened the door to debate yourself... that is why people are coming here to do so. I say ONCE AGAIN and for the last time quoted from my own words,

"That being said... it is important that it will be understood that not everyone who comes here is looking to be "converted" to Christianity, and that people are allowed to state their "feelings" as well as why they have come to their own conclusions. From the OP it is important to understand that since this conversation was suggested... it should also be allowed. Kreagle, my question to you is that since you have opened this door are you willing to proceed or do you want to change the stated intention of the OP?"

You can not have it both ways. Either you do not wish to talk about the legitimacy of the Bible and it's foundation, which fits into "Bible Topics and Questions" and your original OP or you do. I would suggest rewriting the OP to clearly state that intention. As of now, the door is open.

From the Heart,
    Kristin
    To 'Everyone',.......

At the request of Kristin, I have made the following modification to the OP. This was 'always the intentions' of the OP,....but evidently misunderstood by some. For those who wish to look, again, at the OP, you will see the change, there, in bold 'red' and I've included the same, here, for your convenience.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...083#post528083

*******OP UPDATE FOR CLARIFICATION*******

This thread is NOT designed for 'debate purposes'. I intended for viewers to click on Kristin's link above in order for them to see, and understand this,....but many have not. This seems to be a very 'sticky situation' to some. Civil 'discussions',....where opinions may differ and are respectfully expressed, are certainly welcomed here. 'Debates',....never seem to follow the guidelines of 'respectability' and often wind up defined as follows,...."a debate is two teams with Boxing gloves waiting for Jerry Springer to ring the bell...". I cannot think of a better reason than this to exclude 'debates' from this particular thread.

I hope everyone understands the real intent, here, and that we can now move into a more positive direction.

As always,.....your friend, brother, and servant,............kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 10th September 2012 at 23:07.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

7. Link to Post #146
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    remember everyone, kreagle isn't a Priest, Bishop or Pope, he's one of us and has never seen any of the evils that are talked about on conspiracy forums...

99.9999% of the people in the world haven't it is a beheading offense in some countries, luckily most of us aren't there or we would be viewing the world from our head stuck on a post...

I asked him in the beginning if he believed in ET's and he gave a very direct answer... no, which I respect, but also shared why I believe there are...

that is a discussion...

a debate is two teams with Boxing gloves waiting for Jerry Springer to ring the bell...

PBUK...

you'll need it with this crowd...
    Rocky_Shorz,

Brother, I want to profoundly thank you for your, eloquently put, definitions and differences, between 'discussions and debates'.

Quote I asked him in the beginning if he believed in ET's and he gave a very direct answer... no, which I respect, but also shared why I believe there are...

that is a discussion...

a debate is two teams with Boxing gloves waiting for Jerry Springer to ring the bell...
    It seems that both you and I, Rocky, have been around the block 'more than one time', my dear friend. You will see that I used your quote to 'modify the OP', in an effort to quell the demand, or request, for debates here.

Thanks again, Rocky_Shorz,..........kreagle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Rocky_Shorz (13th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #147
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Kreagle,

Would this statement sum up your thoughts on the thread?

""I would like this thread to be a place where other Christians looking to heal from past traumatic experiences may feel free to express themselves. I am not looking for a debate on the basis of the Bible or the Christian religion as a whole, but rather a place where others of like mind can share in a discussion of Biblical Topics with healing intent."

If not, I would like you to clarify.
    Thank you,
    Kristin

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

kreagle (11th September 2012)

11. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

Kreagle,

Would this statement sum up your thoughts on the thread?

""I would like this thread to be a place where other Christians looking to heal from past traumatic experiences may feel free to express themselves. I am not looking for a debate on the basis of the Bible or the Christian religion as a whole, but rather a place where others of like mind can share in a discussion of Biblical Topics with healing intent."

If not, I would like you to clarify.
    Thank you,
    Kristin

Kristin,

On the 'surface' your statement seems perfectly harmless and I'm in complete agreement with, other than the two areas that I have highlighted. This would seem to imply that any, and all, 'non-Christian's' who were not 'like minded' would be excluded from this thread,....and that's the 'furthest thing from my mind'. Another valuable Avalon member, Krullenjongen, expressed what my sentiments were also when he said,.......

per Krullengongen (in Post #11), ......
    Quote I like this thread because it gives non christians a place to ask questions they have about christianity.
    My latest comments, and further comments by Rocky_Shorz, should confirm and distinguish the wide gulf between the terms,.....'discussions......and......debates'.

Discussions where differences are exposed and expressed,.....then in respect to each party, agree to disagree if needed, then move on to better things!

Debates operate generally under a 'system of their own', in that the participators involved won't hesitate to abandon 'rules, regulations, and instructions' in an effort to prove their point. It becomes a literal 'means justify the ends' to them. Whatever they have to use by 'hook or crook' in order to justify, in their minds, what the end results are, is what they will use. Consequently the 'argument' goes on, and on, and on,...with no end in sight! Both sides using 'material/evidence' that the other side does not recognize or accept! Rocky_Shorz could not have summed it up more perfectly than what he did with his candid definition of a 'debate',.......

per Rocky_Shorz,......
    Quote a debate is two teams with Boxing gloves waiting for Jerry Springer to ring the bell...
    Some people may like 'throwing chairs and pulling hair',....but I can assure you that I don't and I fully understand that God 'expects more out of me than that!'

Kristin, with your earlier 'wise council' you gave us all, here at Avalon, a choice between 'two different paths' to follow along the lines of a 'thread of this magnitude,...the Bible' Consequently, I've chosen to follow your advise and have done 'exactly' that. I have 'prayerfully' constructed the pathway to the 'first half of your suggestion',...( Questions of the Bible). Now I implore 'SOMEONE ELSE' to fulfill the 'second half of your suggestion' to construct that 'other pathway' that you advised,... 'Bible Debate'.

If 'someone' will please do that,....then your 'wise council' will have completely been fulfilled!

And that, to me, seems like a pretty wise thing to do!

With complete respect and love to all!,.........kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 11th September 2012 at 00:45.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Kristin (11th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #149
    Thanks

Praying,....Together!!!

At the conclusion of a football game that I was just 'casually watching' a scene 'identical to this' specifically caught my attention.......

It also did not 'escape my attention' that just a few moments earlier, these 'two opposing sides' were at each others' throat, banging the 'fool out of each other',...but at the end of the day,...they were civil enough to 'come together and pray!'

Does this mean that they all went to the 'same church' together,....or that they were all of the 'same mind, or belief system?' I suppose that it could be 'possible', but something tells me that this is a very unlikely scenario. No, I'm sure that those different players, scattered throughout that particular 'huddle of prayer', consisted of various 'opposing beliefs, ideas, concepts, dogmas, etc.' In complete fairness, it should be equally noted that not 'all' of the players from the opposing teams were in this particular 'huddle of prayer!' No, there were several players, from both sides, who seemingly went their own 'separate ways',....without any repercussions from those who 'prayed together'.

Is there a 'Divine Message', here, for all humanity to observe and learn?

Perhaps we should learn to 'respect each others huddle of choice?'

You know,...perhaps all that 'banging each other' in this game we call 'football' has a 'real purpose after all!' Maybe the act of 'knocking each other senseless' leads to the realisation that, at the end of the day, there is a genuine need to 'huddle up and pray,...together!'

Your brother, friend, and servant,.......kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 12th September 2012 at 06:56. Reason: corrected word from a to and

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Cristian (11th September 2012)

15. Link to Post #150
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thank you for the clarification. As discussion is on the table please be prepared that not everyone that comes here for a discussion is likely to agree with everything you say, that being said, kudos and good luck on this thread venture!

From the Heart,
    Kristin

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

kreagle (11th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #151
    Thanks

Thank you for the clarification. As discussion is on the table please be prepared that not everyone that comes here for a discussion is likely to agree with everything you say, that being said, kudos and good luck on this thread venture!

From the Heart,
    Kristin

Kristin,

As I pointed out in my PM to you, I thank you for the beautiful job you have done.

Quote As discussion is on the table please be prepared that not everyone that comes here for a discussion is likely to agree with everything you say
    These were 'basically the same words' that Jesus told to His disciples as He dispensed them into the world,......so I've always recognized them to be for me, likewise. The 'key' is, as you put it, to be 'prepared'.

Once again, thank you, my dear friend!

As always,....your friend, brother, and servant,.......kreagle

18. Link to Post #152
    Thanks

Rocky_Shorz,

Quote remember everyone, kreagle isn't a Priest, Bishop or Pope, he's one of us and has never seen any of the evils that are talked about on conspiracy forums...

99.9999% of the people in the world haven't it is a beheading offense in some countries, luckily most of us aren't there or we would be viewing the world from our head stuck on a post...
    One thing is certain, Rocky, is that this place is no place for the 'faint at heart!' If a person is prone to 'blush' they will wind up 'being red all the time' with just a few trips to this forum each day. I'm afraid I've been 'around the block' more times than I'd like to remember and there's not much 'these eyes haven't already seen.'

But, like everything else in life, you can normally find the good in the midst of the bad, if you look hard enough,......or if you approach it the right way,....make a 'good situation out of a bad one'.

Thanks for 'watching my back', brother!,............kreagle

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

20. Link to Post #153
    Thanks

Where do 'you' fit in?,...and what do you see?

Some can't get enough of It!

Others like to 'mock It',......

Some seem to only see the 'Gore',....

And fail to see the 'Beauty!'

While 'others' struggle with a choice

A few 'take a closer look' at what they've got...and what's this beginning to appear?

They find 'love between the pages!',......

Psalm 119:162
    King James Version (KJV)

162 I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil

Realistically, we 'all' fit in one of 'these categories' somewhere!

Love and Peace,..........kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 27th September 2012 at 04:53.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Beren (13th September 2012), risveglio (13th September 2012), Star Mariner (14th September 2012)

22. Link to Post #154
    Thanks

well remember, this forum is mainly made up of the third group...

if you understand where the questions are coming from, they become much less hurtful...

23. Link to Post #155
    Thanks

well remember, this forum is mainly made up of the third group...

if you understand where the questions are coming from, they become much less hurtful...

Hey Rocky_Shorz,

I'm wondering if the 'third group' you are referring to is in my grouping of the '7 pictures', ( #3 being the ones who see the 'Gore'),...or the 'third group' in your example, ( Atheist Extremists),....or is it perhaps a 'combination of them both?'

Regardless,.....I am convinced there are some 'really good folks' here on our Avalon forums. Some of them might have a 'hard exterior', right now,....some may even be a little 'hard on the inside',....but still good, nevertheless. I go back to a statement I made to you in just a few posts back......
    Quote But, like everything else in life, you can normally find the good in the midst of the bad, if you look hard enough,......or if you approach it the right way,....make a 'good situation out of a bad one'.
    Wisdom tells me to 'not be hurt, or offended' by the questions being asked, or the statements being made,.........for in reality they come from wayward hearts who have, somewhere along the line, been 'offended or hurt' themselves. They just need a friend, a little love, and brotherhood during this time in their lives.

As always,......your friend, brother, and servant,........kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 13th September 2012 at 11:37.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

25. Link to Post #156
    Thanks

you know there is a lot of interest in what you are sharing this thread activity has kept it in the top 10 of Avalon...

I've noticed the gifted have really hard times in the days leading up to the full moon which we are in now, what does the Bible say about in the end psychics, mediums and teachers etc will appear on the earth?

there is one verse that had a positive outlook for all these gathered with Big hearts that have been shunned by the church, who listened to the wrong message...

26. Link to Post #157
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,419 times in 1,557 posts

Hi kreagle, much love and friendship to you brother, I sincerely mean that.

Just wanted to say Greetings!

I would be very happy to participate in your Bible discussions, for I love and enjoy any form of philosophy, theology, theosophy, and so forth, for I believe knowledge of any kind, particularly ideas at variance with our own, offers up a contemplative lesson, even if we feel it is incorrect and merely reaffirms what we already know.

For the record I am not a Christian, though I was raised one. I simply found ‘God’ in my own way. And know that I would never hijack this thread, or skew it off into a tangent away from Biblical or Christian themes, for this is your topic... I am looking only to engage, interact with those who have a different outlook. Knowledge given and knowledge likewise received is how we find wisdom.

For my own part, simply this: I know that the way to inner spiritual truth is simply to know thyself, and to go forth in life with love; to give it freely to all who would receive it, or shun it, and to proceed with humility, compassion and patience… details (denomination) does not matter.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Mariner For This Post:

Akasha (25th September 2012), Beren (13th September 2012), kreagle (13th September 2012)

28. Link to Post #158
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Hi kreagle, much love and friendship to you brother, I sincerely mean that.

Just wanted to say Greetings!

I would be very happy to participate in your Bible discussions, for I love and enjoy any form of philosophy, theology, theosophy, and so forth, for I believe knowledge of any kind, particularly ideas at variance with our own, offers up a contemplative lesson, even if we feel it is incorrect and merely reaffirms what we already know.

For the record I am not a Christian, though I was raised one. I simply found ‘God’ in my own way. And know that I would never hijack this thread, or skew it off into a tangent away from Biblical or Christian themes, for this is your topic... I am looking only to engage, interact with those who have a different outlook. Knowledge given and knowledge likewise received is how we find wisdom.

For my own part, simply this: I know that the way to inner spiritual truth is simply to know thyself, and to go forth in life with love; to give it freely to all who would receive it, or shun it, and to proceed with humility, compassion and patience… details (denomination) does not matter.

Star Mariner,

Welcome aboard!,.....just pull up a chair and make yourself at home, my friend! It's great to see that you're open-minded and are leaving room in your life for 'more spiritual growth!' Too many today, (without realizing it), have allowed themselves to reach a pinnacle in their own individual lives by adopting the view that they have 'fully arrived' in their quest of learning/wisdom. Consequently they 'turn off' or reject new ideas, or concepts, before they fully investigate them. This is very tragic, in that this never allows any, or very few, 'seeds of truth' to germinate in their lives and to come to fruition.

Let me make one 'small point,.....again' about this comment you made,....
    Quote And know that I would never hijack this thread, or skew it off into a tangent away from Biblical or Christian themes, for this is your topic...
    As I've said at the onset of this thread,.....this is NOT my topic/thread,.....it's OURS!,....it's YOURS, too, Star Mariner. That's what I wanted to make 'unique' about this thread. I fully understand the premise behind what you're saying in your comment, and fully thank you for your respect of the thread, don't get me wrong, friend, this is a place for 'all of us!'

So,.....pull up a chair, friend,.....you're at 'home!'

Your friend, brother, and servant,........kreagle

29. Link to Post #159
    Thanks

you know there is a lot of interest in what you are sharing this thread activity has kept it in the top 10 of Avalon...

I've noticed the gifted have really hard times in the days leading up to the full moon which we are in now, what does the Bible say about in the end psychics, mediums and teachers etc will appear on the earth?

there is one verse that had a positive outlook for all these gathered with Big hearts that have been shunned by the church, who listened to the wrong message...

Rocky_Shorz,

Throughout the Bible it has been made clear that God has been opposed to psychics, mediums and teachers, ( of this sort). You are not going to find that in one 'period of time' that He was adamantly against them, teaching His children to stay away from such, and then in 'another period of time', (either now or in the future), suddenly reversing His earlier position and now accepting them.

I'm going to provide a link that expounds, clearly, God's thoughts and directions for His people as indicated by this Scripture in Leviticus 19:31. This particular link provides 'several Biblical versions' interpretation on this passage in Leviticus.

Leviticus 19:31 link: http://bible.cc/leviticus/19-31.htm

However, I do think I know what you are referring to,....and it is found in this particular passage from the Book of Luke. (note: If I am wrong in what you are referring to, Rocky, please tell me.)

Luke 9:49-50 (KJV)

49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.

50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

In this above passage, John and the rest of the disciples had basically 'rejected this individual and his works' because he was not, as they saw it, a 'follower of Jesus' as they had been taught and instructed by Him. They fully recognized that this individual was lacking in the 'full revelation' of the Gospel Message that they were to teach later, beginning on the Day of Pentecost, (when the 'church' was originally born into existence), and also were to teach later everywhere they went. I'm sure they were quite amazed when Jesus candidly told them to 'not stop' him,....as He explained to his disciples that this individual was 'not working against them' but was actually working 'in their favor!',.....and for the 'furtherance of God's Will!'

I think it's important to know, here, that Jesus, will indeed, 'honor the deployment of His name' in doing the Will and the work of God as he sees fit with the occasion. This individual, (though he may be 'lacking in complete Gospel understanding'), was well meaning in his efforts to 'cast the devil out of some wayward soul', and guess what?,....the Lord honored the deployment of His name, and the devils, indeed, came out when the name of Jesus was invoked!

A point of great confusion can easily arrive here, (especially in the mindset of this particular individual who is successfully 'casting out devils', etc. in Jesus' name). The confusion being where the mindset says,....."I must be completely O.K. with God, in that I am able to do these great things for His Glory,....right?"

However, as we go deeper into the Word of God, we find that the 'opposite of this' is actually applicable.

Matthew 7:22-23 (KJV)

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It's here, in God's Holy Word, that reveals to us all the 'personal responsibility' that we all have, and that's to 'fully embrace' His Word and It's teachings. It would be a 'tragic mistake' to think that our 'personal works or endeavors', (no matter how noble they might be), would enable any of us to reach a point of being 'exempt' from having our own personal 'Upper Room experience', like the rest of the disciples had also, and noted in Acts chapter two.

This is why Jesus so plainly made this statement to Nicodemus, in John chapter three.

John 3:1-7 (KJV)

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Quote there is one verse that had a positive outlook for all these gathered with Big hearts that have been shunned by the church, who listened to the wrong message...
    I certainly agree that it is a 'very positive thing' that God would use someone for His Glory who might not necessarily be 'everything, that they should be,....just yet!' And on an 'even greater positive note', we find that His 'mercy and grace' still beckons us 'all' to follow the stairway to our own 'personal Upper Room experience, too!'

As always,.....your friend, brother, and servant,.......kreagle

30. Link to Post #160
    Morocco Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,186 times in 5,446 posts

I miss Redezra.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Post:

Akasha (25th September 2012), Beren (14th September 2012), kreagle (14th September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 1 8 18 36 LastLast