2. Link to Post #162
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

Default Re: The Mechanics of the Matrix

BEGIN EXCERPTS

-------------------------

Digital Physics

In physics and cosmology, digital physics is a collection of theoretical perspectives based on the premise that the universe is, at heart, describable by information, and is therefore computable. Therefore, the universe can be conceived of as either the output of a computer program, a vast, digital computation device, or mathematically isomorphic to such a device.

Digital physics is grounded in one or more of the following hypotheses; listed in order of decreasing strength. The universe, or reality:
    • is essentially informational (although not every informational ontology needs to be digital)
    • is essentially computable
    • can be described digitally
    • is in essence digital
    • is itself a computer
    • is the output of a simulated reality exercise
    [...]

Digital physics suggests that there exists, at least in principle, a program for a universal computer which computes the evolution of the universe. The computer could be, for example, a huge cellular automaton (Zuse 1967), or a universal Turing machine, as suggested by Schmidhuber (1997), who pointed out that there exists a very short program that can compute all possible computable universes in an asymptotically optimal way.

Some try to identify single physical particles with simple bits. For example, if one particle, such as an electron, is switching from one quantum state to another, it may be the same as if a bit is changed from one value (0, say) to the other. A single bit suffices to describe a single quantum switch of a given particle. As the universe appears to be composed of elementary particles whose behavior can be completely described by the quantum switches they undergo, that implies that the universe as a whole can be described by bits. Every state is information, and every change of state is a change in information (requiring the manipulation of one or more bits).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_physics

END EXCERPTS

3. Link to Post #163
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

4. Link to Post #164
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

At 0:34 into this video, the caption says:
    1Gpc/h (Gigaparsecs/Hubble Constant) = 1000 Mp/h
    (Mega Parsecs/h) ~~ 4.5 billion light years
    I suspect that there are a couple of errors in this caption.

A parsec is about 4.5 light years, so a million (mega) parsecs should be about 4.5 million light years, not 4.5 billion.

Also, dividing distance by the Hubble Constant (h) doesn't make much sense to me. The Hubble Constant is a shift in velocity that varies by distance. It has units of (velocity/distance) . Dividing distance (e.g. parsecs or light years) by h is dividing distance by (velocity/distance), which results in (distance-squared/velocity) . Since velocity is (distance/time) , this reduces to (distance * time) . Perhaps what they meant by dividing by (h) was that their simulation ignored Hubbles Constant, and assumed that there was no red shift ?
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 24th February 2013 at 13:29.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

CdnSirian (26th February 2013), Freed Fox (26th February 2013), Jeffrey (24th February 2013), Omni (25th December 2014)

6. Link to Post #165
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

7. Link to Post #166
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Cross posting ... I wanted this here too.

The idea is that matter is fundamentally digital. It exists in discrete packets -- like data. Space is also fundamentally digital. Time, as we perceive it, is the speed at which the material universe processes data at a fundamental level. The reality of time is continuous, eternal, and non-linear. We cannot perceive time like this because our biology only allows us to experience reality digitally.

The grid of space exists as a lattice of volumetric, plank-scale cubes. The overall structure of space is warped; possibly like a torus. Imagine these cubes having two possible states. This means that the fabric of space is essentially binary and therefore each cube in the matrix can be characterized by either a "one" or a "zero" (1,0).

Now, there is the concept of time. As previously mentioned, time is the processing speed of the cosmos. Energy is released or absorbed when a bit flips from a "one" to a "zero" (or vise versa) in this warped lattice of space. Imagine this grid in two dimensions and not warped.

An electromagnetic wave is not a thing itself. It is a wake of information that propagates through the grid. Light is a product of bit flipping. The speed of light is a universal constant that equals the frequency of the wave multiplied by it's wavelength.

Picture the pixels of the grid being populated by alternating "ones" and "zeros". Remember, when a bit flips it is essentially transferring information. At the same time, it is transmitting energy through space because energy itself is either a requisite or a product of bit flipping. So, imagine a long radio wave traversing through the grid versus a gamma wave. The gamma wave has a shorter wavelength and it covers more area (and it cycles more often) when it propagates. It essentially flips more bits and therefore carries more energy with it. In this way, the whole electromagnetic spectrum can be explained in terms of energy as a function of how many bits it can flip in a given area.

Notice the path that the wave takes in this model. It goes up from a particular point, then down, and then back up again to complete one cycle. It covers more bits than if it were to just travel in a linear fashion.

There is a faster route between the two points -- longitudinally. This route flips less bits, but it would necessarily be what we would consider super-luminal.

In three dimensions, a column-like longitudinal wave could be created that could carry an enormous amount of energy and information. Possibly, more that gamma waves if the circumference of the column was wide enough. It would be akin to having a wavelength much denser than that of gamma waves. This columnar, longitudinal wave's energy and information content would only be limited by the volume of the actual cubes in the lattice. Since there is no space between the cubes, the transmission of such a wave would be instantaneous. I'm not sure that it could even be considered a wave. It would be akin to moving a large log at one end; the other end moves with it simultaneously. The process is instantaneous, just like quantum entanglement. There may be some rarefaction and compression though, this reminds me of some of the "static-electric" phenomena that happened when Tesla's giant AC motors kicked up. I don't know, I need to go back and re-read it.

Now, back to the actual waves. After a wave has passed through a space it leaves a trace. The bits where it's been have been flipped. If we knew the state of the bits previously, we could infer what kind of wave has passed through the space by how the bits have changed. Theoretically, and with the right techniques, an entire history of a place could be reconstructed based on how the information within the lattice of bits has changed. This also answers one strange aspect of the infamous "double-slit experiment". When an electron is fired through a slit, it leaves a path of transitioned bits it's flipped in the wake of space it passed through. This information translation radiates throughout space. This is what interferes with the path of the next electron if the next electron happens to travel through the other slit. In one slit there is no interference, yet with two slits there is. I'm working on exploring this idea in more depth, but that's the gist of it.

So, energy is a product of bit flipping and information transfer through space. Time is the processing speed of bit flipping. Electromagnetic waves (i.e. light) are time keepers of a ticking universe. Also, super-luminal transference of information and energy are possible in this scenario (as mentioned above).

That's energy. Now, there is also matter. There are a slew of particles that have been discovered by physicist over the last century. Let's just consider one -- the proton.

The digital lattice is actually warped. When information propagates through this binary matrix of space, it can eventually curve into itself. What happens is that the process of bit flipping becomes encased in a vortex-like, recursive loop. Most importantly, it resists change. That is why it remains solid instead of just dissipating when a energetic wave of fluctuating information strikes it. It is vibrating in a manner that is consistent with how much information and energy it is recursively cycling. It is literally like frozen light in a way or like solitons of data.

An up quark could be a line of code -- 110 -- recursively flipping it's bits at light speed.

A down quark -- 010 -- is doing the same thing. It's energy level is different because the two binary states are different with respect to energy.

Gluons could be the result of two "grid-lines" pulling away from each other. That's why they're so strong.

A proton exists as two up quarks and one down quark. These are like tiny bytes of matter that are constantly flipping states, but favor one state in particular due to the processing speed of the universe. Just like a fan or the rotating wheels on a car -- they are moving faster than we can process. Yet, in that blur of cycling, a solid image appears that looks like the fan blade, or wheel, moving slower than it actually is. This also alludes to the measurement problem. It doesn't appear as solid until we observe it. When we actually observe it, we are only doing so as much as our devices allow ... whether they be our own brains or an external scientific instrument.

Intrinsically, matter reveals itself through the propagation of bits through space. It's not that the bits themselves are moving anywhere, rather the digital change of state is being passed along bit by bit. When light strikes an object, some of the light is absorbed and some of it is "reflected". The portion that is reflected is determined by the information content of what it was reflected off of. It is carrying the obverse pattern of the information that wasn't absorbed. When this "digital wave" of discrete data packets strikes my eye it creates a chain reaction of bit flipping that is transmitted by discrete electrical pulses. The reaction is the obverse of what the light coded for. What the light coded for was obverse of what information it bounced off of. Therefore, the data I'm currently processing matches what I see. The brain is a biocomputer. It processes digitally. Matter is fundamentally digital. It is compressed information that I unpack in my mind.

These fundamental strings of recursive code interact with one another. They fit together to form different atoms and chemicals. These form different compounds, different programs that behave according to the codes they contain. It's all governed by physical algorithms and equations that dictate how they interact. Maybe the physics of it is on the right side of the equation. The "laws" of physics are the answers to the interactive number crunching that takes place when the digital content of matter and energy is propagated and transferred through space.

These are just concepts. More importantly, they are just ideas in the process of being developed. I thought they fit here. This might infer that the universe operates as a giant computer, continuously computing all of the information in the universe. On the other hand, the digital concepts may just be a handy model to explain certain phenomena. This doesn't mean that the universe is an actual "artificial" computer like we think of it. There's more that relates to other subatomic particles, gravity, consciousness, and all that jazz. All under construction.

The material universe is digital. There is a continuity to everything too. There is something inside myself, my being, that is analog. Maybe this is an aspect of conscious awareness. The higher states of existence are increasingly analog. They are more complete -- their expanse of awareness is more total. Similar to listening to a record verses a compact disc. Spirit verses matter. Analog verses digital. Atonement is therefore an evolvement towards continuity. At one with everything. An everything that is no longer quantized.

This is also why machine intelligence can never understand everything. In trying to evolve into total information awareness it would be limited in the sense that it must process data -- bit by bit. It can evolve to process at higher and higher speeds, but there exists a limit. It can infinitely approach something, but never reach it. By it's very nature it's awareness will remain fundamentally digital. This is matter.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 26th February 2013 at 07:34.

8. Link to Post #167
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

DNA analogs found on meteorites from space

9. Link to Post #168
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

All things appear to have a beginning and a bump is in order for refreshment - Great thread Jeffrey very well done

For the new folks and old alike

10. Link to Post #169
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by ponda (here)
    Yeah good idea for a thread Vivek.

This is something that i spend a lot of my time contemplating on.From our very limited perspective it's always going to be difficult to look too far behind the curtain but one can't help but to try and feel out some of what might be behind it.

For quite some time i've thought that this reality was and had been shaped and partly controlled by a heirarchy of negative entities....parasites,demons,et's,extra dimensionals,archons,demiurges.AI's and assorted other beings,conscious energies and other unknown life forms and influences etc.Of course there would also be positive and neutral forces involved but for the most part it appears that the Earth has been the domain of the darker forces for a very long time.

Lately i've been contemplating that this reality might be a type of adjustable,cyclical,holographic,3d reality program matrix that is used for learning,experimenting,growing etc.A type of soul nursery and a place to experience things such as a wide range of emotions,negativity extremes,awakening etc.The construct of this reality from our perspective might be sort of fixed in the short term but might also be flexible depending on the consciousness within it.As the consciousness changes so does the surrounding reality.Cosmic cycles might also add unknowns to the mix.

It might be a combination of both of these things and many others as well.Hard to say really but interesting to think about.I don't think that it has happened by chance.The universe/multiverse has been around for a long time and our little corner of it might be another variation of the ongoing change and growth of it.

cheers
    Back at the beginning, and approaching a full circle - bravo.

Quote We shall not cease from exploration

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time.

- T.S. Eliot
    Last edited by Bob; 19th December 2014 at 02:52.

11. Link to Post #170
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I've again taken an interest in Bose-Einstein Condensates while looking for mechanisms related to Metabiology.

Check this out...
    A dark matter halo is a hypothetical component of a galaxy that envelops the galactic disk and extends well beyond the edge of the visible galaxy. The halo's mass dominates the total mass. Since they consist of dark matter, halos cannot be observed directly, but their existence is inferred through their effects on the motions of stars and gas in galaxies. Dark matter halos play a key role in current models of galaxy formation and evolution. Source
    In astrophysics and cosmology scalar field dark matter is a classical, minimally coupled, real scalar field postulated to account for the inferred dark matter. [...] The dark matter is more like a wave than a particle, and the galactic halos are giant systems of condensed bose liquid. The dark matter can be described as a Bose–Einstein condensate of the ultralight quanta of the field and as boson stars. Source

More on Bose-Einstein Condensates:http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...mar_newmatter/

This is exciting for me because something called Quantum Vortices may be prevalent in the BEC model of the dark matter halo. This is related to the Metabiology thread, I'm still researching though. I also live with a plasma physicist, so I'm going to bounce around some ideas with him and I'll let y'all know what comes of it.

I just started reading about exotic stars such as the proposed Boson Star, very cool stuff.

12. Link to Post #171
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

hey guys, have you seen this video? what do you think about it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_7AUpgUxc

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Radi For This Post:

Harmony (25th October 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 9