1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Default Why 2013 will be a year of crisis

Why 2013 will be a year of crisis

By David Frum, CNN Contributor
    September 3, 2012 -

(CNN) -- Prediction: 2013 will be a year of serious global crisis. That crisis is predictable, and in fact has already begun. It will inescapably confront the next president of the United States. Yet this emerging crisis got not a mention at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. We'll see if the Democrats do better.

The crisis originates in this summer's extreme weather. Almost 80% of the continental United States experienced drought conditions. Russia and Australia experienced drought as well.

The drought has ruined key crops. The corn harvest is expected to drop to the lowest level since 1995. In just July, prices for corn and wheat jumped about 25% each, prices for soybeans about 17%.

These higher grain prices will flow through to higher food prices. For consumers in developed countries, higher food prices are a burden -- but in almost all cases, a manageable burden.

Americans spend only about 10% of their after-tax incomes on food of all kinds, including restaurant meals and prepackaged foods. Surveys for Gallup find that the typical American family is spending one-third less on food today, adjusting for inflation, than in 1969.

But step outside the developed world, and the price of food suddenly becomes the single most important fact of human economic life. In poor countries, people typically spend half their incomes on food -- and by "food," they mean first and foremost bread.

When grain prices spiked in 2007-2008, bread riots shook 30 countries across the developing world, from Haiti to Bangladesh, according to the Financial Times. A drought in Russia in 2010 forced suspension of Russian grain exports that year and set in motion the so-called Arab spring.

Since the days of Gamal Abdel Nasser, the Egyptian government has provided subsidized bread to the population. A disk of round flat bread costs about a penny. In the later 2000s, however, the Mubarak government found it could not keep pace with surging grain costs.

As Egypt's population doubled from 20 million in 1950 to 40 million in 1980 and now more than 80 million, Egypt has gained first place as the world's largest wheat importer. The price rises of 2007-2010 exceeded the Mubarak government's resources. Cheap bread vanished from the stores. Discontent gathered. In the August 18 issue of the British magazine The Spectator, John R. Bradley, an Arabic-speaking journalist long resident in Egypt, described what happened next:

"The conversations of tiny groups of Cairo's English-speaking elites, and their Western drinking companions, were a world apart from talk among the Egyptian masses. ... The main hope of those who poured into Tahrir Square was shared by the revolutionaries in Tunisia: that sudden and radical change would miraculously mean affordable food."

And if food prices surge again? China is especially vulnerable to food cost inflation. In just one month, July 2011, the cost of living jumped 6.5%. Inflation happily subsided over the course of 2012. Springtime hopes for a bumper U.S. grain crop in 2012 enabled the Chinese central bank to ease credit in the earlier part of the summer. Now the Chinese authorities will face some tough choices over what to do next.

The Arab Spring of 2011 is sometimes compared to the revolutions of 1848. That's apter than people realize: the "hungry '40s" were years of bad harvests across Europe. Hungry people are angry people, and angry people bring governments down.

Will 2013 bring us social turmoil in Brazil, strikes in China or revolution in Pakistan? The answer can probably be read in the price indexes of the commodities exchanges -- and it is anything but reassuring.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Caren (4th September 2012), Corncrake (4th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (3rd September 2012), Hervé (3rd September 2012), Jean-Marie (3rd September 2012), jjjones (3rd September 2012), kemo (4th September 2012), M6* (4th September 2012), Ol' Roy (6th September 2012), steveofengland (3rd September 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Default Re: Why 2013 will be a year of crisis

"The drought has ruined key crops. The corn harvest is expected to drop to the lowest level since 1995. In just July, prices for corn and wheat jumped about 25% each, prices for soybeans about 17%."

"These higher grain prices will flow through to higher food prices. For consumers in developed countries, higher food prices are a burden -- but in almost all cases, a manageable burden".

My Spidey Senses are starting to Tingle Again!

Interesting statement by The CNN Clown Reporter Of The Lame Stream News Media (CNN - Circus News Network) IMO...Drought has all the markings of a HAARP Machine with Monsanto at the helm. You'd be amazed what Chemtrails can do for a business such as Monsanto.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

4evrneo (5th September 2012), bluestflame (4th September 2012), Caren (4th September 2012), Christine (3rd September 2012), Doctor (4th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (3rd September 2012), gooty64 (3rd September 2012), Herbert (4th September 2012), Jean-Marie (3rd September 2012), jjjones (3rd September 2012), Ki's (3rd September 2012), M6* (4th September 2012), Marsila (3rd September 2012), Michelle Marie (5th September 2012), Ol' Roy (6th September 2012), RunningDeer (5th September 2012), spuddie (4th September 2012), Wind (3rd September 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

If there is a 2013. I hope we go back to being spirits and leave the physical body behind. Earth is heavy and exhausting at times, but thanks to those like here at Avalon that are awake and open it makes earth living a little better. The energy of the day today is overwhelming at times.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Christine (3rd September 2012), gooty64 (3rd September 2012), Jean-Marie (3rd September 2012), jjjones (3rd September 2012), M6* (4th September 2012), Marsila (3rd September 2012), RunningDeer (5th September 2012), seko (4th September 2012), Wind (3rd September 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,723 times in 32,945 posts

-------

As best I understand, the implementation of the plan for the artificial creation of catastrophic global food shortages started in earnest this year.

This may be very tough for many in developing countries -- and also in some parts of the USA.

Monsanto gets to win, of course... which is the entire idea.

Combine food shortages with
    • Serious weather anomalies
    • Global financial instability and/or collapse
    • High tensions in the Middle East (and a possible strike against Iran, with repercussions)
    • Civil disturbances in the US (see Doug Hagmann's reports)
    ... and you get the (planned) picture.

8. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (4th September 2012), 7eagle14 (6th September 2012), AlternativeInfoJunkie (4th September 2012), bluestflame (4th September 2012), Brizil (4th September 2012), Caren (4th September 2012), Christine (3rd September 2012), Corncrake (4th September 2012), Davidallany (5th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (5th September 2012), ghostrider (3rd September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (3rd September 2012), Hervé (3rd September 2012), Highwhistler (7th September 2012), Ixopoborn (4th September 2012), Jean-Luc (4th September 2012), Jean-Marie (3rd September 2012), jjjones (3rd September 2012), kanishk (28th April 2013), Limor Wolf (4th September 2012), M6* (4th September 2012), Mandala (4th September 2012), Marsila (3rd September 2012), Michelle Marie (5th September 2012), mountain_jim (4th September 2012), nomadguy (9th September 2012), RunningDeer (5th September 2012), seko (4th September 2012), Sidney (4th September 2012), syrwong (4th September 2012), tcjim1 (8th September 2012), ThePythonicCow (3rd September 2012), truth4me (3rd September 2012), Woody (3rd September 2012), Yoda (4th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Really getting bored with those crisis warnings now. For four years now...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Fred259 (18th September 2012), Herbert (4th September 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

2013 will definitely be worse than 2012 - I'm stocking up on wheat/corn products NOW (but I'm only putting-off my problems, as my supply will run out one day).
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

M6* (4th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

I agree a food crisis was in the making but from a long time, this article is of interest, what is amazing is with vertical farming, we'd have food abundance not food shortages, and all what is needed for it is there....the msm does a good job at never approaching that subject though, as their job is to brainwash the masses, not shed light on serious issues and their solutions.

This link about how it all becomes 'food prices'
    http://www.permacultureproject.com/m...d-food-prices/
    and this one about vertical farms
    http://www.verticalfarm.com/blog?195

But this one is in Spanish (google translate may help some here, if anything gets muddled up in the translation post it here and i'll translate it for you when i see it ) ....but the % thing is clear, it is saying how much of the land of all these countries is used to plant only one crop: soybeans! and quite a bit of it by Monsanto. Soybeans already destroy the topsoil of any land they are planted on if nothing else is planted, and add to that a genetically modified type like Monsanto's and the picture gets darker. As the percentages show more than 50% of both Argentina and Paraguay are used to plant this grain, a lot of it by Monsanto and it's ilk, and once the soil is ruined, they just go on to another field, as nothing can be grown anymore in the previously used lands....something they keep forgetting to mention to the farmers they buy the land of.

http://upsidedownworld.org/main/en-e...rande-y-sojera

what is also so ironic is lets say everyone does go into a protein diet based on soybeans....there is enough to feed all the people of the world and some left over for an extra one billion and a half (i had some blog i forgot the password off, and did my homework back then can't find the links i used though) so why is their starvation? because 97% of this soybeans is used as animal feed, to feed animals in animal factories all over the world...

which is sad, as that isn't even their, and locking up cows so they can't move and feeding them grains instead of grass, grains that could have prevented some humans from starving... is nothing short of cruel.

okay ending this here, before i go off on a tangent again!
    Last edited by Marsila; 3rd September 2012 at 21:40. Reason: fixing link and adding r's....

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

Corncrake (4th September 2012), Jean-Luc (4th September 2012), seko (4th September 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Latti's Avatar
    Thanks

With normal weather, I have the ability to grow my own food and irrigate with rain water, but with the drought this year I didn’t have the water needed for good crops.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Latti For This Post:

Caren (4th September 2012), Christine (3rd September 2012), Eram (4th September 2012), Ol' Roy (6th September 2012), Operator (4th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

As best I understand, the implementation of the plan for the artificial creation of catastrophic global food shortages started in earnest this year.

This may be very tough for many in developing countries -- and also in some parts of the USA.

Monsanto gets to win, of course... which is the entire idea.

• Serious weather anomalies
    • Global financial instability and/or collapse
    • High tensions in the Middle East (and a possible strike against Iran, with repercussions)

A great way to dis empower Monsanto is to revive the Victory Gardens of WWII now. Everyone who can, plant something in containers, wide rows, Square Foot Gardening or conventional row gardens. Just do it. If enough people do this, we can win.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Caren (4th September 2012), Corncrake (4th September 2012), ED209 (5th September 2012), Heather2017 (4th September 2012), Jean-Luc (4th September 2012), M6* (4th September 2012), Michelle Marie (5th September 2012), Ol' Roy (6th September 2012), seko (4th September 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by Latti (here)
    With normal weather, I have the ability to grow my own food and irrigate with rain water, but with the drought this year I didn’t have the water needed for good crops.
    This is the plan for the entire food supply of the world, no rain, no crops, no crops , no jobs for workers connected to farming. No food on the shelf at the local market, the ptb can raise the price of food as high as they want and the masses will pay it and fight over who gets what.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Here in the UK it's been the opposite. Small growers have root crops rotting in the ground due to non stop rain. Very poor harvest this year.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours.

twitter:@armleywhite

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simonm For This Post:

Caren (4th September 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,701 times in 8,378 posts

Be carefull that they don't turn us all into a mob of desperados ruthelessly "surviving".

I have a hunch, that's the whole idea behind this, and I fully intend to NOT give them that part of me for their 3 million year 'experiment'.

I still believe we have a greater self than this sick game they are sucking us into.

I'm at the point of wondering what really IS brave, at this strange time.

Not made my mind up yet, though.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

ghostrider (4th September 2012), Limor Wolf (4th September 2012), Operator (4th September 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

Yea, stocking up on food doesn't sound as non mainstream and fringe is it used to. I know people that are not your normal Prepperz that are ordering Freeze Dried Meals and water provisioning right now.

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

Compensation for too much rain or too little rain can be made by using Earthboxes. Purchase or make your own.

Each container uses a a plastic cover that prevents water from filling the internal reservoir (and helps prevent weeds). The plastic cover also significantly reduces evaporation thus keeping the soil moist. Water is added to the reservoir through a short plastic pipe. If one does not have time to water plants, watering can be done automatically.Name:  Earthbox.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  20.2 KB
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 7th September 2012 at 06:23.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

M6* (4th September 2012), Operator (4th September 2012), seko (4th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

That's why I am currently building a small greenhouse. I have better control over the climate and not everything from heaven gets in my crops.

We have very little rainfall here too and sometimes a whole lot in short time. That's why I also have a solar powered water provision system in mind.
    I will try to cleanup/recycle water from a 3 compartment septic tank by distilling it and/or disinfect by intense UV light (I am not sure in which following order).
    If it is clean enough I will use to water the crops (underground). As an alternative I have lots of sea water around to experiment with too.
    Because the greenhouse is a closed system all moist will stay in which saves watering the crops.

I have a lot of ideas/designs of my own but nothing to show you as pictures yet. Here's a guy who is fun to watch and very inspirational ...

Dan Rojas and Green Power Science: https://youtube.com/user/GREENPOWERSCIENCE

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

M6* (4th September 2012)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Be carefull that they don't turn us all into a mob of desperados ruthelessly "surviving".

I have a hunch, that's the whole idea behind this, and I fully intend to NOT give them that part of me for their 3 million year 'experiment'.

I still believe we have a greater self than this sick game they are sucking us into.

I'm at the point of wondering what really IS brave, at this strange time.

Not made my mind up yet, though.
    That's why I don't believe in weapons to fend off other people ... rather give them a good example now which they can follow.
    Food prices are rapidly rising ... I don't have to motivate them with doom and gloom. Circumstances are clear enough by now.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

bluestflame (4th September 2012)

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Latti's Avatar
    Thanks

Until this summer, I thought I was well set to make it through tough times. I have a greenhouse, small solar electrical system, earth boxes, heirloom seed, homemade compost and used plastic and mulch for ground crops. I used stored rainwater for the earth boxes and irrigation.
    All of this worked wonderfully until this summer. With record temperatures more water was required and with the long dry period, my water ran out. I was able to keep most everything alive, but the yield was off substantially.

The only crop that I had good success with was potatoes that I planted in February. They matured before the drought got so bad.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Latti For This Post:

M6* (4th September 2012)

33. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

i suspect bill gates had knowledge of the man made nature of the severe storms not that long ago along the coast of queensland where al the bananas grow and got flattened , not long after he was visiting Cairns to check up on his crops of GMO bananas , the seedlings were bound for africa for further "testing "

the bloke has his finger in a number of assorted non human friendly "pies"

recently admitting to being infolved in planning and funding of geo engineering to slow down or prevent "global warming " known to most of us under the more common name of "chemtrails"

all they have to do with sattelite tracking is turn on the thermograph and haarp can be directed to target the greenest areas ie the areas most fertile and productive

masses just blame global warming cos they STILL don't get the reality of the technology OR the agenda of the ones behind it
    Last edited by bluestflame; 4th September 2012 at 02:00.

34. Link to Post #19
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

[...]

• [...]
    Stealing the link from Paranormal's thread:

The Hagmann & Hagmann Report: Steve Quayle & Greg Evenson

by Hagmann and Hagmann Report

in Current Events
    Airdate: Tue, August 28, 2012

Quote Hurricanes, typhoons, earthquakes, sinkholes, widespread devastating drought, massive crop failure, freak hail storms, global economic crisis, Feds & DHS preparing for war, and much more all happening in real time right before our eyes as bible prophecy states. We must prepare ourselves now as we are not promised tomorrow.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cfp-radio/2012/08/29/the-hagmann-hagmann-report.mp3 (right-click, save as...)
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

... And in the middle of this mayhem, some are working hard with a game changing attitude.

This August 17 post from MT Keshe is worth the 5-10 minutes read : http://www.keshefoundation.org/phpbb...php?f=2&t=2643

Or if you prefer, here is the 7 pages PDF version : http://www.vigli.org/Keshe/Response_...st-17-2012.pdf

Quote I am not a dreamer, but a man with 20 years of international business experience at the highest levels of social structure and I have worked and operated businesses on three continents. I have seen and been inside the structure and worked within the structure to make sure this time around every man will possess what he needs to the point of comfort and not to the point of greed.
    Quote From now on, all will have what they need to live a pleasurable life and to not be scared of water and electricity bills, but all will contribute to society too. No child in Africa needs to study in candlelight in the 21st century. From now on, villages in Africa will be lit the same as the streets in Tehran and Los Angeles to protect and give pleasure to the life of the receivers of the light. Those who get $2 US per day or less will receive the energy systems free and in turn by improving their lifestyles, in the future they will contribute to the growth of their nation and society in the same manner.
    Quote From now on there is no cost for producing energy to any nation, but by simply using the new knowledge we can release enough fields so that manmade systems and the human body receive the correct amount of fields according to their need at the point of need for energy and food.
    Quote Thus from now on there is no need for earth resources for energy and complicated power generation and electronic systems.
    Next steps :
    • Major international conference/demonstration (governments only) taking place in Belgium on Sept 6.
    • Major public conference on Sept 21.
    • Possible pre-release of a 3-4 kW generator before year end.
    Let's not despair beyond necessary. The masters of chaos do not have all the keys at hand.
    Last edited by Jean-Luc; 4th September 2012 at 04:45.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

bluestflame (4th September 2012), danceblackcatdance (4th September 2012), Operator (4th September 2012), Swan (4th September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast