+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Conspiracy: Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes?

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

Default Re: Conspiracy: Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes?

Quote Posted by Lone Bean (here)
    4evrneo wrote:
    Quote Thank you ljwheat,
    Your post makes alot of sense to me. I have struggled with my father for the last two years about the issues of the government and 9/11, etc. It has frustrated me that as intelligent as he is, he believes the msm and gov. wouldnt be involved in such acts. It has come to the point that he has actually stopped talking to me about any of these subjects. Crazy thing is, he has actually said he is worried that this "awakening" stuff might land me in a cult. It breaks my heart that he is in such denial about things but I think I have finally come to a conclusion that waking up is a personal journey that happens when the student is ready, and that I can only help the ones that are willing to engage.
    This is EXACTLY the same situation I have with my husband. He's very smart, has all sorts of official letters following his name blah blah blah....but refuses to believe that our government would do such a thing as 9.11. We've even watched a couple of very convincing documentaries about 9.11 and he just walks out shaking his head and saying he just won't believe it. It's very frustrating for me and he thinks I'm a nut. We can't talk about a lot of things and 9.11 is definitely on the "do not talk about" list. I haven't even bothered to tell him about my interest in UFO's. Funny, he swears he thinks Elvis is still alive but won't face up to stark-raving reality about 9.11 and many other in-your-face events such as the eminent collapse of our economy. I love him, and I hope one day he wakes up, but for now I come to places like this forum to read and talk with others who are awake.
    Your husband is in denial. I know that sounds trite, but there is no better way to describe it. Changing one's paradigm and worldview can be extremely painful, and frightening. It's much easier to walk out of the room and ridicule the messenger than to acknowledge elementary facts that by all metrics should be obvious to an average seven-year-old child. If one's very being is invested in an illusionary world where the sky is green, it can be very difficult to convince that person the sky is blue, even given reason, facts, and concrete sensory evidence that, under other circumstances, would not confuse a school child.

I know it's frustrating, but everyone needs to ease into their own awakening at their own pace. Tread gently and continue to plant seeds.
    Last edited by T Smith; 8th September 2012 at 04:10.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), ljwheat (8th September 2012), Lone Bean (8th September 2012), Sir Eltor (8th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Conspiracy: Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes?

T Smith wrote:
    Quote I know it's frustrating, but everyone needs to ease into their own awakening at their own pace. Tread gently and continue to plant seeds.
    I used to be extremely frustrated....even to the point of seriously thinking about divorce, but have since stopped trying to wake him. He is on his own path and I must have faith in my Higher Power that he is in my life for a good reason. I guess I still plant a few seeds but I don't try to anymore. I keep my pie-hole shut about it, and do most of my prep work while he's not around to notice. I figure that if it hits the fan he'll finally be forced to wake up. In the meantime I just keep on keeping on! He is definitely in denial and there's nothing I can say that will crack his barrier. Thanks for your kind response T Smith!
    Last edited by Lone Bean; 8th September 2012 at 15:20.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

ljwheat (8th September 2012), Referee (28th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

PBS Colorado has the courage to air this documentary on 9/11 watch it now and send a message by making the highest rated video on their site. This is hard hitting stuff to be sure. http://video.cpt12.org/video/2270078138
    "If you take good and evil and conjoin them, you will find they cancel themselves out as a balanced equilibrium, what do you have left? Free Will..." - Huma

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huma For This Post:

Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), ljwheat (11th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #44
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I thought I would update what I feel to be an important thread of discussion here. I spoke with Clifford stone recently for about 1-1/2 hours. I threw some curve balls at him that frankly I did not see anyone attempt. One of them was the topic of 9/11, now I won't go into my entire discussion with him as it was private, however, he is surprisingly very skeptical of most conspiracies, despite his rather fantastic personal story *and* all the documentation he has uncovered.

First, I must mention that he was a very sweet, loving, but down to business kind of guy, we barely exchanged pleasantries as he launched right into what he was currently doing, which threw me off guard at first. When I brought up 9/11, while he did not dispute the fishiness of it, and despite all of his fantastic claims, he said something mentioned in the first video almost verbatim: "I simply just can't believe my gov. would kill 3000 of it's own citizens". That shows how far we have to go to see some real -progress, because if someone as amazing as Clifford suffers from the (albeit somewhat understandable) cognitive dissonance, just imagine how most folks would be? Just to clarify, Clifford fully agrees that the spurious explanations of the events of that day do not add up.

We talked about many other things, and I suspect we could chat for days, and well, I just might do that should he be up for it.
    Last edited by Huma; 28th September 2012 at 04:03.
    "If you take good and evil and conjoin them, you will find they cancel themselves out as a balanced equilibrium, what do you have left? Free Will..." - Huma

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Huma For This Post:

Referee (28th September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3