+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy: Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Conspiracy: Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes?

So I felt the need to write this after a number of brief exchanges I've had online with people who still believe the world is as they are told and have been lead to believe. Some of these folks are a bit more objective, and at the very least will humor someone who has a view that might be "cooky" and conspiratorial.

Despite being a very grounded, skeptical, and rational person, I too have had this label thrust upon me whenever I dare voice a thought about how things are not as they should be.

For example, an old childhood acquaintance of mine posted an inspirational image of Barack Obama on FB which of course appeared on my feed. I must tell you that I generally ignore this stuff, as I know a tit for tat exchange will get me nowhere. But as I am human, I do occasionally share a thought or two.

Here is the image that got me a bit sick to my stomach:

Now listen, I understand I am speaking to a very distinct crowd here of diverse thought, not a hard lined skeptical community or a clueless bunch of "every man" type of folk. Still, the issues addressed in these forums are simply too important to hide and keep within the high walled garden of conventions, blogs, and forums like this.

When I saw the obama photo I commented: "Sorry but the evidence suggests presidents are *selected* not *elected*, regardless of what side your on. (the right left paradigm is also contrived too)."

And I got this in response from said acquaintance: "Well then I guess I have to tip my hat to the shadowy Illuminati puppetmasters for keeping their tightly scripted narrative engaging. Can't wait til they fake another moon landing for us!"

Needless to say this was cheap. It bothered me enough to prompt me to write this post. I would like to engage in a broad discussion really about the psychology of conspiracy and conspiracy theory, and really, broadly speaking, the issues we are facing at large. Why do so many folks mock these responses? What can be done about it? How can we engage others to help move the ball forward. Can it be moved enough?

Here is a particular segment of a recently released video from one of the most comprehensive 9/11 videos. It deals with the psychology of denial really. Why we don't face up to these realities, or even become willing to explore the possibility and be objective. The AE911truth guys have had enough experience, foresight, and difficulties to bring them to produce such a segment, found at the end of the video.

The video is about 9/11 deniers but it could easily be applied to other issues mentioned here and elsewhere, please do watch.

Last edited by Huma; 5th September 2012 at 08:31.
    "If you take good and evil and conjoin them, you will find they cancel themselves out as a balanced equilibrium, what do you have left? Free Will..." - Huma

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Huma For This Post:

4evrneo (5th September 2012), another bob (5th September 2012), bluestflame (5th September 2012), christian (5th September 2012), Corncrake (6th September 2012), debbiegail (5th September 2012), enfoldedblue (5th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), Fred Steeves (5th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (5th September 2012), gooty64 (5th September 2012), Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), Limor Wolf (5th September 2012), lisalu (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012), Lone Bean (7th September 2012), Maia Gabrial (5th September 2012), markpierre (5th September 2012), mountain_jim (5th September 2012), Möbius (7th September 2012), NancyV (5th September 2012), niki (5th September 2012), PHARAOH (5th September 2012), Reinhard (5th September 2012), SilentFeathers (5th September 2012), spiritguide (5th September 2012), spuddie (6th September 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th September 2012), Wind (6th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,571 times in 870 posts

Default Re: Conspiracy: Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes?

Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes?

The answer is You can not. You only have to go back to when you woke up. Remember what and how you acted and talked and believed so strongly about--- before the light bulb came on. Its came on for you, the person or persons standing right next to you and the world around you stayed the exact same way. Just moments after you awakened more than likely you tried to point out to some one what you were suddenly aware of and how simple it all seemed to all fit together now. ---- And wa la nothing.

Before the moment you awakened there were many that tried to enlighten you but --- no dice, only you can awaken not be told to awaken by any one.

Its no different than Math in school one student no matter how many time’s is shown the correct way to do a problem, until the mind makes the connection nothing happens.

With math it’s a must in school or you wont pass, and you’ll be made fun of so you try because everyone else seems to get it so you apply yourself to a greater extent to try.

But you have to realize its not required to wake up in this world, there is no pressure to do so, as most of the world believes as you and I did before this awakening took place.

When the student is ready is one thing, but living a controlled life under normal circumstances there is no need to wake up. --- And everyone begins from that starting point.

Unless you set up a tent and have a good old fashion awakening revival. But even then --- are you sure they are awake or just following the movement of the wake you’ve created in the group you’ve assembled.

When the light bulb finally comes on it’s a very personal thing that takes place. ---- Think back to ---- what was it that triggered you light bulb going on. ?
    Last edited by ljwheat; 5th September 2012 at 12:23.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

4evrneo (5th September 2012), another bob (5th September 2012), Corncrake (6th September 2012), debbiegail (5th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (5th September 2012), gooty64 (5th September 2012), Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), Lone Bean (7th September 2012), NancyV (5th September 2012), Selene (5th September 2012), Sir Eltor (7th September 2012), spiritguide (5th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Conspiracy: Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes?

Hi ljwheat, thanks for participating in a discussion I think needs to take place. For me personally, I was aware from a very young age, not to the extent that I am now of course (I am 27). I knew something was amiss when reading my first UFO book in elementary school, and I know this is not the norm for most people. However, I understand your example none the less. It is my position, and I think a well founded one, that we must find ways to not only increase the odds of that bulb turning on, but how quickly it happens too. We simply do not have the time left to keep waiting it seems.
    "If you take good and evil and conjoin them, you will find they cancel themselves out as a balanced equilibrium, what do you have left? Free Will..." - Huma

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Huma For This Post:

another bob (5th September 2012), debbiegail (5th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (5th September 2012), gooty64 (5th September 2012), Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012), NancyV (5th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Huma (here)
    Why do so many folks mock these responses? What can be done about it? How can we engage others to help move the ball forward. Can it be moved enough?
    Hi Huma, just 4 years ago I was similar to the person you're talking about, except on the fake right. There was absolutely nothing anyone could have said to me, life had to come to a point where I was compelled to do a bit of digging for myself.

If someone scoffs at what you say, just let it go man.

I came across a little story just recently, forget where, that finely illustrates how to live in harmony with our knowledge, and the responsibility to our fellow humans that goes right along with it.

There was a village that had been experiencing drought
    for five
    consecutive years. Many famous Rainmakers
    had been called, but they had all failed to make rain.

In the villagers last attempt, they called upon a renowned
    Rainmaker from
    afar. When he arrived in the village, he
    set up his tent and disappeared
    inside it for four days.

On the fifth day, the rain started to fall and quenched
    the thirst of the parched earth. The people of the village
    asked the Rainmaker how he had accomplished such a miracle.

The Rainmaker replied, “I have done nothing”. Astounded
    at this
    explanation, the villagers said, “How can that be?
    After you came, for days
    later, the rain started.”

The Rainmaker explained, “When I arrived, the first thing
    I noticed was
    that everything in your village was out of
    harmony with heaven. So I spent
    four days putting myself
    into harmony with the Divine. Then the rains
    came.
    There's a line I like from Manfred Manns song "The Runner" which goes:

"Watch your step, keep your cool, though you can't see what's in front of you".

If we here don't keep our cool through this challenge, then who will?

Cheers,
    Fred

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A better analogy applied to this would be to use a TV set as a example.

One TV person in front of it can only watch what is going on one channel, even though in real time some cable services may have over 150 or more additional channels one could be watching.

This is what’s happening with people most are watching the same programming the controllers have put in place. No matter how much they flip threw the available channels they only get the channels put in place to keep the internal light bulbs off.

Then comes along some one, or the internet a channel that they’ve never seen before. But like surfing the TV channels one will stop on channels one identifies with or familiar and safe, that validates there inner security and watch a rerun over and over than watch anything out side this known safe zone we’ve been placed in by Gov. Free public schools that are the Law of this land, and any country you go to brain washing and hypnotizing the populous into controlled bubbles of conformity.

Alterative medicine I believe started me on a different channel than what we are forced to believe. And with nothing to loose I ignored the safety zone a real doctor has always provided for me in authority and beliefs.

Anything out side the trained norms --- if presented enough may lead some to at least consider looking at alternatives if they have the time in this fast food fast paced, hurry up and get it done world we tail gate everybody in mentality. But until they get away from watching programmed TV including us-- that still have a foot in both camps will it start to lean more into the right thinking and understanding out side the controlled boxes set in place to keep that very thing from taking place.

The biggest drug addiction in the west keeping the American people blind is the TV sets in every room.

No one in there right mind would keep a 30 gallon tank of gasoline sitting in there living room. But yet a TV is more dangerous than gasoline, striking the right match or trigger, well you get the picture. Its complacency to TV and programming because everyone else is doing it. We’ve looked past the volatility of the bomb sitting in our living rooms.

And when that thing makes you all worm and fuzzy, you get the same high as if a needle is in your arm with a drug. Its addicting. The remote is the plunger. You keep pushing it till it make you feel good. Instant population control.

And face book is in place to catch any one turning away from the TV to the internet. With all its programming the alterative safe place to play. All the bases are covered and those who slip threw the cracks are caught in the nets of forums like this and are watched and attendance taken, and that’s all voting every four years is about is counting how many still are trapped and obedient slaves to the TV programming. Its just a head count. And don’t think for a minute there not counting those who are living off the grid.

We are all on a list some where, and watched, and that means its still a form of control, outside the controlled.

john xoxo
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

CdnSirian (7th September 2012), Corncrake (6th September 2012), debbiegail (5th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), gooty64 (5th September 2012), Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), Selene (5th September 2012), Sir Eltor (7th September 2012), spiritguide (5th September 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,049 times in 934 posts

Clearly it will take some colossal precipitating event to shatter the paradigm of the dumbstruck programmed TV mainstream media watching majority.

If exploding tall buildings and lines in the sky won't do it, then what on earth will it take?

And the ptb don't want the shtf scenario. They have been working the gradual power takeover and slavery model for centuries.

If there is someone on this forum with a solution please take this opportunity to share it now.....

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

Eram (6th September 2012), Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012), Referee (28th September 2012), Sir Eltor (7th September 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

what does it take?

The same as it always does.

Direct personal impact.

If you ask all the people on this forum what it was, in the vast number of cases, this is what you will find.

Until then, people will fight to maintain their ignorance, and to the death, as it is tied directly to the survival mechanism, this desire for comfort. Remember, emotions, not conscious thought..so it becomes tied into the deepest survival mechanisms and the undercurrent of emotions. And people desire the comforts,and not knowing continues the comfort and the peace. Knowing is highly uncomfortable and threatens all aspects of personal security. emotions don't think, they have no future, no past, only a perpetual and 'immediately reactive now'.

And if this 'perpetual reactive now' state is part of the system of data input and output interpretation..which it is, then you get a huge lump of self created blockage to overcome, a blockage that is as big as the survival mechanism itself.

There's no logic there, there never was.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

13. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

another bob (5th September 2012), CdnSirian (7th September 2012), Davidallany (5th September 2012), debbiegail (5th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), Fred Steeves (5th September 2012), golden lady (6th September 2012), gooty64 (5th September 2012), Huma (5th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012), NancyV (5th September 2012), niki (5th September 2012), Rantaak (14th September 2012), Sir Eltor (7th September 2012), spiritguide (5th September 2012), Swan (11th September 2012), ThePythonicCow (5th September 2012), Wind (6th September 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gooty64 (here)
    Clearly it will take some colossal precipitating event to shatter the paradigm of the dumbstruck programmed TV mainstream media watching majority.

If exploding tall buildings and lines in the sky won't do it, then what on earth will it take?

And the ptb don't want the shtf scenario. They have been working the gradual power takeover and slavery model for centuries.

If there is someone on this forum with a solution please take this opportunity to share it now.....
    When in ‘Rome’ ----- In church, --- In a library, ---- In a friends living room, ---- In Las Vegas, ---- In occupy wall street, ---- In free fall with a shoot on your back, ---- In a fire fight in Viet Nam, When in ‘Rome’ is all out here, awake is when the bulb come’s on inside you. If there, --- or me -- are keeping you occupied on anything out here, it’s a program. But giving each other forms or ways to become self empowered and strengthened then were doing something important. In stead of following what’s in ‘Rome’.

Like Carmody said its safe to be in ‘ROME’.

Like driving passed an accident we are like looky loo’s slowing down to discus the accident or the PTB are or have been doing, or standing watching a building burn down while standing next to a stream with bucket in hand and only talking about it.

Action is required other wise this forum is just another form of a TV soap. Only inter active, eventually the action part is only talked to death. And business as usual. And life go’s on. Its addicting to point out how right we are and how wrong they are. Complacency sets in very quickly. I don’t know what the answer is, at least we can kick it around a bit here and now. But some action must happen me thinks.

John xoxo
    Last edited by ljwheat; 5th September 2012 at 14:17.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

CdnSirian (7th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), gooty64 (5th September 2012), Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), Sir Eltor (7th September 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 times in 1,094 posts

Live your life with honor and integrity and be kind to people yet stand your ground for truth. We are awaken for some reason that we might not understand now but could come in useful down the road. I had a guy a few years ago tell me I was crazy for believing in aliens and such and I looked at him and said "Dude,you smoke crack and you're calling me crazy?"
    Last edited by truth4me; 5th September 2012 at 18:32.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

another bob (5th September 2012), CdnSirian (7th September 2012), debbiegail (5th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), Fred Steeves (5th September 2012), golden lady (6th September 2012), gooty64 (5th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012), Lone Bean (7th September 2012), NancyV (5th September 2012), Wind (6th September 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I Think Mr. Gooty 64 thread plays a big part in this Acquiescence take a look see. / https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...e-Icke-w-video

19. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

'Acquiescence', love hurts, by Nazareth / with lyrics, is this the reason Christ wept as he look on Israel, forgive them for they know not what they do. Or fail to see, what we see.

In law, acquiescence occurs when a person knowingly stands by without raising any objection to the infringement of their rights, while someone else unknowingly and without malice aforethought makes a claim on their rights. Consequently, the person whose rights are infringed loses the ability to make a claim against the infringer, or succeed in an injunction suit due to the infringer's conduct. The term is most generally a kind of "permission" given by silence or passiveness.

Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes, 'pulling there heads and hearts out of the sand might be a starting point'.

Fight or flight / add (hope) head in the sand. >acquiescence<
    Last edited by ljwheat; 5th September 2012 at 16:22.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Eram (6th September 2012)

21. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Is this not what we are dealing with in a nut shell ?

Last edited by ljwheat; 5th September 2012 at 16:44.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

CdnSirian (7th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), Lone Bean (7th September 2012)

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member 4evrneo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 492 posts

Quote Posted by ljwheat (here)
    Why do some believe and others not? What will it take to open eyes?

The answer is You can not. You only have to go back to when you woke up. Remember what and how you acted and talked and believed so strongly about--- before the light bulb came on. Its came on for you, the person or persons standing right next to you and the world around you stayed the exact same way. Just moments after you awakened more than likely you tried to point out to some one what you were suddenly aware of and how simple it all seemed to all fit together now. ---- And wa la nothing.

Before the moment you awakened there were many that tried to enlighten you but --- no dice, only you can awaken not be told to awaken by any one.

Its no different than Math in school one student no matter how many time’s is shown the correct way to do a problem, until the mind makes the connection nothing happens.

With math it’s a must in school or you wont pass, and you’ll be made fun of so you try because everyone else seems to get it so you apply yourself to a greater extent to try.

But you have to realize its not required to wake up in this world, there is no pressure to do so, as most of the world believes as you and I did before this awakening took place.

When the student is ready is one thing, but living a controlled life under normal circumstances there is no need to wake up. --- And everyone begins from that starting point.
    Thank you ljwheat,
    Your post makes alot of sense to me. I have struggled with my father for the last two years about the issues of the government and 9/11, etc. It has frustrated me that as intelligent as he is, he believes the msm and gov. wouldnt be involved in such acts. It has come to the point that he has actually stopped talking to me about any of these subjects. Crazy thing is, he has actually said he is worried that this "awakening" stuff might land me in a cult. It breaks my heart that he is in such denial about things but I think I have finally come to a conclusion that waking up is a personal journey that happens when the student is ready, and that I can only help the ones that are willing to engage.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

another bob (5th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), Fred Steeves (5th September 2012), Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,221 times in 2,274 posts

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

~ Mark Twain

26. Link to Post #15
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

Dear Huma

Thank you for your OP - I like the slightly different take on the old "What do we do about all those who haven't woken up yet?" question.

(I do have a bit of a problem with the umbrella term "conspiracy theories" as there are so many out there from those that express a little suspicion to full blown they-are-definitely-going-to-kill-us-next-Tuesday theories. But I understand the need for a convenient phrase...)

A sentence in your first paragraph struck me as interesting:

Quote ...people who still believe the world is as they are told and have been lead to believe.
    Mmmmm...I wonder....does this also apply to forums where conspiracy theories are discussed? Are we also just "believing what we are being told"? I do find there is a strong group-think - a subtle pressure, an expectation that the majority will think a certain way (with a certain amount of room for personal viewpoints of course). This very idea, that we are "awake" and everyone else is asleep, is a perfect example of this: how do we know for sure that we are awake? How do we know that we're not being manipulated in exactly the same way we think everyone else is being manipulated? Are the theories many here subscribe to really true or is it just entertainment? Have we merely exchanged one world where we are lied to for another world where we are being lied to? Have we merely swapped one illusion for another? Are we at risk of falling prey to the smugness of the true believer? Chemtrails...fluoride...vaccinations...HAARP...are there a certain number of theories we have to believe in before we can officially be called a conspiracy theorist?!

None of my friends are really interested in such things - and I think a lot of that is because of the wild rhetoric and outrageous claims by the likes of David Icke. This unfortunately prevents them from listening to the things he says that actually DO make sense. I find they can relate to things that are happening in front of them: food prices, rail fares, corrupt politicians, utility bill price rises - and for them, that is all that really matters. I would never criticise them for that at all.

Most people are struggling with their daily lives: they are trying hard to do the best they can and hold it all together. The conspiracy world is not attractive to the majority of people. To them, it sounds paranoid, suspicious, depressing, fearful...why would they want that? They believe they only have one life, and they want to do what they can to enjoy it, be happy and try to make others around them happy. Can't say I blame them

Kathie
    Last edited by Tarka the Duck; 5th September 2012 at 17:54.

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

another bob (5th September 2012), Carmody (6th September 2012), CdnSirian (7th September 2012), Corncrake (6th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), Healthy Skeptic (6th September 2012), Heartsong (6th September 2012), jaybee (6th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012), Sir Eltor (7th September 2012)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

ljw,
    Quote 'Acquiescence', love hurts, by Nazareth / with lyrics, is this the reason Christ wept as he look on Israel, forgive them for they know not what they do. Or fail to see, what we see.
    Credo Mutwa said to David Icke "I am worried sick about humanity" in one of their epic interviews. Also, Krishnamurti forever carried that "exasperation" regarding mankinds inability to change its failing society.

I don't mean to be a doomer but, this is a failing civilization and it steamrolls toward ____________ (fill in the blank).

Unless something happens dramatically to shift the consciousness of the participants.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

CdnSirian (7th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), golden lady (6th September 2012), greybeard (5th September 2012), Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012)

30. Link to Post #17
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    what does it take?

The same as it always does.

Direct personal impact.

If you ask all the people on this forum what it was, in the vast number of cases, this is what you will find.

Until then, people will fight to maintain their ignorance, and to the death, as it is tied directly to the survival mechanism, this desire for comfort. Remember, emotions, not conscious thought..so it becomes tied into the deepest survival mechanisms and the undercurrent of emotions. And people desire the comforts,and not knowing continues the comfort and the peace. Knowing is highly uncomfortable and threatens all aspects of personal security. emotions don't think, they have no future, no past, only a perpetual and 'immediately reactive now'.

And if this 'perpetual reactive now' state is part of the system of data input and output interpretation..which it is, then you get a huge lump of self created blockage to overcome, a blockage that is as big as the survival mechanism itself.

There's no logic there, there never was.
    Exactly Carmody. I think the reason behind all of this is lack in evolution and perhaps some interference from other worldly forces. David Icke would describe it as having a reptilian reactive brain.
    Billy Meier would contribute it to the lack of Human evolution and controll of emotions. One can not belame a murderer for her acts, all one can really do is try to help the unfortunates and the less evolved Humans to see things clearer. All one can do is to help medically and phsycologically. Osho once said that it was wrong to put people to death. Killing a killer is not helpful, it is like trying to put out fire with more fire. All things are tied up and related.
    Last edited by Davidallany; 5th September 2012 at 18:13.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

CdnSirian (7th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012)

32. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

I was still a Fox-News-addicted lemming the day they pulled Saddam out of that spider-hole. My wake-up started when Colin Powell admitted to the UN that they knew the WMD's were faulty intelligence. Something told me right then and there it was a little worse than that: they had an agenda we're not privy to, even beyond oil.

The spiritual awakening began within a week or two after that, while listening to an interview between Michael Tsarion and Jeff Rense, I heard the words "our brains were unplugged." My life's worth of beliefs flashed before my eyes and suddenly a lot of things made a lot more sense.

Even the MSM-watching group knows that corruption is rampant throughout the system, and yet when you point out specifics that are never mentioned on said MSM, like names, times, and places, they go into automatic shutdown and ridicule mode.

And then there's the conspiracy forum-addicted "debunkers" who claim that we are an insignificant fringe group and yet they can't seem to leave us alone. It's these people who are bombarded with the facts on a daily basis who really tick me off to the point it would seem that they have an agenda that maybe includes being paid shills. But sadly, most of them are not, and they fight tooth and nail to defend the Criminal Cabal for free.

Something drives me to keep debating with them and I can't help myself, even though it's poison for my system and all it does is give me agita. No offense to any of you as I think this is the most enlightened forum I have ever seen, but its actually boring because you know too much and sometimes I find it hard to get the incentive to post because I can't teach you guys anything
    Last edited by Prodigal Son; 5th September 2012 at 18:48.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

4evrneo (5th September 2012), CdnSirian (7th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), Holly Lindin (28th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2012), Wind (6th September 2012)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

What's cool is there are some former righty's and lefty's on this thread and this forum that are now united.

We recognize the 2 sides of the same coin con that is american/world politics.

Deep down don't we all want what's fair and aren't we all willing to work hard? Save for a few numbskulls-lol.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

another bob (5th September 2012), CdnSirian (7th September 2012), Eram (6th September 2012), Fred Steeves (5th September 2012), K626 (5th September 2012), ljwheat (5th September 2012)

36. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Also, there's a really cool saying that Anchor says, which I think is just custom made for this type of situation: "If you can't help someone out along their path, then atleast get out of their way".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast