+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ecuador sues U.S. medical institution for selling indigenous DNA

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

Default Ecuador sues U.S. medical institution for selling indigenous DNA

with all the talk about Eugenics on pie'n'eals 500,00,000 will survive thread......and who will survive, i remembered a friend sending this two days ago.
    Explains a lot from the sudden 'medical concern' for natives, to what they may be planning.

http://translate.google.com/translat...111581&act=url

Quote Telesur / South Radio

The Ecuadorian government demand before an international court to a medical institution for selling U.S. Amazonian indigenous DNA, as the president of Ecuador, Rafael Correa.

"In coordination with the Waorani brothers are studying the best ways to bring this international court (...) do not allow this to go unpunished," said Correa.

The Coriell Institute, according to the Government of Ecuador, sold genetic samples from the Waorani tribe's school of Harvard University (USA)

Under the guise of examining the health of some people, two Americans, including a doctor Maxus oil company, took blood samples to several of them between 1990 and 1991. Approximately 3000 Indians were affected by the illicit business.

The Indians claim to understand the value of their genetic material because they are resistant to many diseases. However, Correa believes that unauthorized selling the DNA of the natives is "break any ethics."

For his part, Minister of Heritage Ecuador, Maria Fernanda Espinosa, said a legal committee "is considering what the best way to establish a legal process against the Institute (Coriell) and all institutions" involved.

These entities "attacked the integrity and the right to consultation from the Waorani," said the official.

However, the Coriell Institute denied having profited by selling DNA samples Ecuadorian Waorani tribe.

Coriell also explained that scientists and officials of the institution must sign a form to ensure that the samples are not used for the development of a commercial product, or be redistributed to other researchers.

and the video in Spanish about this.

Video http://actualidad.rt.com/actualidad/...-adn-indigenas

Am putting this here as wouldn't know where it belongs, moderators feel free to put it where you think it should go.
    Last edited by Marsila; 5th September 2012 at 19:35. Reason: adding video in spanish

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

Bongo (6th September 2012), Caren (5th September 2012), Cidersomerset (5th September 2012), Daughter of Time (5th September 2012), fourty-two (5th September 2012), Heather2017 (5th September 2012), Hervé (5th September 2012), MorningSong (6th September 2012), mosquito (6th September 2012), Nickolai (5th September 2012), nomadguy (6th September 2012), penn (5th September 2012), RMorgan (6th September 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (5th September 2012), seko (5th September 2012), WhiteFeather (5th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Russian Federation Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 times in 313 posts

Default Re: Ecuador sues U.S. medical institution for selling indigenous DNA

Great news, my friend!
    I like the president.

Nickolai

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickolai For This Post:

Marsila (5th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Harvard, skull and bones.

decimate the population, is apparently the game.

Thus, gathering the DNA of those who may be 'resistant' is something I'd imagine they'd do, if this 'decimate the population' thing be real.

For they have to make sure that who they want to die, actually dies....

I'd like to understand it as some form of altruistic intent and direction, but history and their connections, as a university....says the exact opposite.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Marsila (5th September 2012), MorningSong (6th September 2012), mosquito (6th September 2012), Nickolai (5th September 2012), RMorgan (6th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Carmody, of course it is not altruistic.

they took the blood samples, pretending it is just to check on their health...then sell it (when now there are laws all around the world banning you, me and everyone, from selling your own blood...and good for that)

The natives themselves know as like the weird google translation states (at least it got this part close to the original)
    Quote The Indians claim to understand the value of their genetic material because they are resistant to many diseases
    Those who bought it, may also be trying to infuse their own DNA with this, so that when they spread diseases they are the one's immune.....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

MorningSong (6th September 2012), mosquito (6th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Quote Posted by Marsila (here)
    Carmody, of course it is not altruistic.

they took the blood samples, pretending it is just to check on their health...then sell it (when now there are laws all around the world banning you, me and everyone, from selling your own blood...and good for that)

The natives themselves know as like the weird google translation states (at least it got this part close to the original)
    Quote The Indians claim to understand the value of their genetic material because they are resistant to many diseases
    Those who bought it, may also be trying to infuse their own DNA with this, so that when they spread diseases they are the one's immune.....
    I don´t get this part, because as far as I know, indigenous people are actually completely vulnerable to white men diseases. Even the most ordinary flu may be deadly to them.

They are only partially resistant, not completely immune, to endemic tropical diseases which are part of their lives for centuries, like malaria, dengue, etc...

Even today, when Brazilian researchers go to isolated tribes, they are extra careful to avoid taking any infectious disease with them; a previous quarantine is quite commonly part of the procedure.

Actually, I think their are researching their blood exactly for this reason; They want to make us vulnerable.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 6th September 2012 at 02:53.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Marsila (6th September 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

yep it is known the majority are not immune to most 'white man' diseases. so they could have easily taken the DNA of those other tribes.

But they only took the blood of one specific tribe, the Waorani, there are so many aboriginal people all over that area, it'd be strange if some of them don't have different genetics.

they also happen to be the natives of the land with a lot of oil on it, so maybe you are right...still this is the one tribe that was never conquered or colonized, until the 50's people were still scared to get onto their territories...and good on them for that! most of their deaths for a while were due to killings between each other and not disease. will try to find more about them and post it here.

btw...i thought skull and bones, was a Yale not Harvard university thing, and from there they control all these other things, what have i missed ??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

RMorgan (6th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

maybe they are resistant to diseases not contageous, like cancer and arthritis and other chronic issues that plague "civilized" cultures.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Marsila (6th September 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Didn't find about the immunity, but found these two articles, they have an mtDNA haplotype that is specific to them, and surprisngly don't share with other American natives.

If anything they are the closest people to cavemen genes.
    http://www.bioportfolio.com/resource...an-Amazon.html
    a quote from this one
    Quote Bearing in mind the results obtained for both the analysis of the mtDNA control region and complete mitochondrial genomes, we suggest the existence of a 'Waorani-specific' mtDNA lineage.
    and this blog is half in English half in Spanish titled 'Ancient haplogroup *C3 in Kichwas and Waoranis'
    http://www.doctorfabricio.com/2010/1...ersity-of.html
    Last edited by Marsila; 6th September 2012 at 22:40.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

MorningSong (6th September 2012), RMorgan (6th September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread