+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: *****Five Star Movies On Avalon*****

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Default Re: *****Five Star Movies On Avalon*****

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 9th December 2012 at 13:20.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

mojo (3rd November 2012), ponda (27th November 2012), sandy (24th October 2012), Star Tsar (24th October 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Atlas shrugged (part 1)
    http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Shrugged...hrugged+part+1

if you haven't read the book at least this introduces you to the story line. part two is in theaters, I encourage you to financially support it by going, I'll be headed there later tonight.

Watched part 2 in theaters, looks like part 3 will be following.

I'm not sure if these films are a good replacement for the book (is that ever the case?) but at least they get the idea out there.... and a break away society is a very interesting concept....

are we the ones left behind?
    Last edited by TargeT; 25th October 2012 at 23:17.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Lettherebelight (20th November 2012), mojo (3rd November 2012), ponda (27th November 2012), WhiteFeather (24th October 2012)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

Saw these on another thread & they definately need to be added here:

Quote Electric UniverseToday, nothing is more important to the future and credibility of science than liberation from the gravity-driven universe of prior theory. A mistaken supposition has not only prevented intelligent and sincere investigators from seeing what would otherwise be obvious, it has bred indifference to possibilities that could have inspired the sciences for decades.”
    http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/

Thunderbolts of the gods

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90301316220374

good source: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/
    Last edited by TargeT; 25th October 2012 at 23:29.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

mojo (3rd November 2012), ponda (27th November 2012), sandy (26th October 2012), ThePythonicCow (26th October 2012), WhiteFeather (5th November 2012)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Silent Running

Staring Bruce Dern

In the near future, Earth’s plant life has been decimated on a global scale. The only surviving samples are preserved in green house domes that are connected to freighter ships in outer space. The hope is that humanity will eventually return the planet’s environment to a safe enough level, so that the forest specimens can be brought back down to Earth and gradually thrive. Freeman Lowell, a crewmember of one of the ships, the Valley Forge, is especially protective of these remnants of flora. While his fellow workers scoff at the idea of their mission, Lowell wants to succeed so that the people of Earth can see how beautiful their world used to be.
    But one day, the freighters get a new command. The preservation of the forests has been deemed financially and practically futile. The green house domes are to be jettisoned and destroyed with nuclear charges, and the ships are to return to Earth for commercial service. Lowell does not take this news well, and when his fellow crew members proceed to carry out their orders, he snaps and murders them. He manages to save one of the domes from destruction, but except for three robot drones, he is now alone on the ship. A solitary journey now begins...

Its a little dated (SFX wise) but good story in my opinion.

&
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 3rd November 2012 at 16:38.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Free Bird (5th November 2012), KiwiElf (5th November 2012), Kristin (26th November 2012), mojo (3rd November 2012), ponda (27th November 2012), WhiteFeather (5th November 2012)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Lightbulb Re: *****Five Star Movies On Avalon*****

I think this is an entertaining and yet very educational movie: The Tale of Despereaux

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420238/

Quote Storyline

The tale of three unlikely heroes - a misfit mouse who prefers reading books to eating them, an unhappy rat who schemes to leave the darkness of the dungeon, and a bumbling servant girl with cauliflower ears - whose fates are intertwined with that of the castle's princess.
    I think there will be many here who recognize the behaviors and reactions to it of the main characters in the movie.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

WhiteFeather (19th November 2012)

11. Link to Post #46
    Australia Avalon Member cheez_2806's Avatar
    Thanks

"K-pax "

http://vimeo.com/35619124

Prot is a patient at a mental hospital who claims to be from a far away Planet. His psychiatrist tries to help him, only to begin to doubt his own explanations.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cheez_2806 For This Post:

72MAV27 (9th December 2012), 778 neighbour of some guy (10th February 2013), Andrew (20th November 2012), Debra (4th December 2012), Kristin (26th November 2012), meeradas (4th November 2012), ponda (27th November 2012), Referee (10th February 2013), Samsara (20th November 2012), Twinsel (27th November 2012), WhiteFeather (19th November 2012)

13. Link to Post #47
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Cool Re: *****Five Star Movies On Avalon*****

Anonymous Rex

2004 - Sci-Fi Channel

Dinosaurs did not die off, but faked their extinction and now live among humans in disguise. In the past they wore latex suits, but they now use HOLOGRAPHIC disguises to mask their appearance and coexist with humans without persecution.

Enjoy Avalonians

&
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 5th November 2012 at 19:16.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

ponda (27th November 2012), TargeT (5th November 2012), WhiteFeather (19th November 2012)

15. Link to Post #48
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Pink Floyd The Wall

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen for showing a parody of today's model of society.

I first saw this movie when I was around 20 and could not fully relate.
    Now I show this movie to most, if not all, my friends when they visit me.
    The Band Pink Floyd were definitely years ahead of their time in making this movie.
    How such a movie ever made it through mainsteam society and was missed is just a case of
    something so wonderful being hidden in plain sight.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1jTmMU6sMgM

Click on either the link or image to watch movie

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Lettherebelight (20th November 2012), ponda (27th November 2012), Referee (10th February 2013), westhill (25th January 2013), WhiteFeather (19th November 2012)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Its Sunday Evening.
    And a Good Time For A Movie without any corporate sponsored commercial interruptions. Enjoy!!!!

"Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

ponda (27th November 2012), Samsara (26th November 2012), Star Tsar (20th November 2012), tessie999 (19th November 2012)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Its Sunday Evening.
    And a Good Time For A Movie without any corporate sponsored commercial interruptions. Enjoy!!!!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tvyUY...eature=related
    iPad users rejoice!
    Where are you?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Lettherebelight (20th November 2012), WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Kind of a review of already known stuff but a pretty good review; I like going back over this stuff from time to time to keep it fresh.
    Esoteric Agenda
    Quote There is an Esoteric Agenda behind every facet of life that was once believed to be disconnected. There is an Elite faction guiding most every Political, Economic, Social, Corporate, some Non-Governmental or even Anti-Establishment Organizations. This film uses the hard work and research of professionals in every field helping to expose this agenda put the future of this planet back into the hands of the people.
    Where are you?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

mojo (26th November 2012), ponda (27th November 2012), sandy (22nd November 2012), WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member kaon's Avatar
    Thanks

B movie for sure, but I had watched it twice. I didn't think it was that bad of a movie. Too bad it can not be recreated with some better or more modern special effects.

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I'm not sure if this is five star, but I like the old B horror movie "They Live" with the one time wrestler Roddy Piper as the main character. It was done in 1988 on a low budget but has some great elements, excellent humour, and a message that is somewhat accurate from what the average Avalonian would know -- perhaps not so much in 1988 -- thus it is almost more practical now. If you like cheesy sci-fi and conspiracies portrayed in a way to make you think a little - this classic is for you!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaon For This Post:

DeDukshyn (26th November 2012), mojo (26th November 2012), TargeT (26th November 2012), WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

25. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,417 times in 5,645 posts

One of my fav movies and it's a sleeper as many people havent seen it. It was considered B rated movie and it really isn't but it is way ahead of it's time. I love the soundtrack most of which was created by the Russian group the Red Elvises. It takes place in the US Southwest after a nuclear war. My fav song is in this movie as well so it's posted first to hear if you wish since the song is split in the middle of part 4 & 5.

Here's the song first.

Part one of the movie:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CBTkw...feature=relmfu

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DO9J9...feature=relmfu

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BAXBn...feature=relmfu

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0yFM-...feature=relmfu

https://youtube.com/watch?v=T4rqT...feature=relmfu

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Om4fI...feature=relmfu

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7d1iv...feature=relmfu

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aV0xI...feature=relmfu

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

La Révélation des Pyramides / The Revelation of the Pyramids

In French (according to the filmmaker I heard in a recent radio interview, the text/audio is much better in the French version than in the English/American version, which is also a little shorter).
    But in any case, fascinating documentary.
    The French filmmaker and his "secret witness" have more to say and apparently plan to produce another 6 movies on this very subject.

English version
    Last edited by Jean-Luc; 26th November 2012 at 23:23.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

ponda (27th November 2012), Samsara (26th November 2012), Star Tsar (27th November 2012), Timreh (12th January 2013), WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

This movie will be on DVD soon, I feel it is under-rated & superbly done. This movie shows humans standing on principle and has some interesting lessons on the use of Fear and how powerful it is; the amount of acting that is done via facial expression alone is stunning and the story itself is very enthralling.

Lawless
    based on the real-life story of a notorious Virginia bootlegging family

Quote The three Bondurant brothers run a bootlegging operation during the depression, up in the mountains of Franklin County, Virginia. Crooked Special Deputy Charles Rakes is after a share of the brothers' profits. Compounding their troubles, the local competition is elbowing in on their activities. Forrest's boisterous defiance and Cricket's knack for moonshine production help the brothers gain a local monopoly. When Forrest is wounded as tension with Rakes escalates, Jack, initially the timid one, must prove his worth against gangster Floyd Banner's mob, and we see him metamorphose into a cocky exhibitionist in his attempts to woo the off-limits preacher's daughter, Bertha.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1212450/

Where are you?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

WanderingRogue (26th November 2012), WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

31. Link to Post #56
    Netherlands Avalon Member Twinsel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cheez_2806 (here)
    "K-pax "

http://vimeo.com/35619124

Prot is a patient at a mental hospital who claims to be from a far away Planet. His psychiatrist tries to help him, only to begin to doubt his own explanations.

Oh man, i realy love this movie, think i seen it 30 times, and now i wanna watch it again.
    The music in it is also very epic. Edward Shearmur - Grand Central (can't make links to YouTube, because i'am at work atm, and thats blocked)
    When the student is ready, the master appears.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinsel For This Post:

WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

33. Link to Post #57
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

This is definitely a movie that should be shown in schools, churches, and on Avalon.
    In some ways, I believe everyone who is searching for truth, needs to see this movie and all parts

( special appreciation to whitefeather for the original post, i am just updating the links)

500 Nations The Story of Native Americans
    1/2

2 od 2

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

sandy (29th November 2012), WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

I cannot reccomend these videos enough, I will be re watching them soon as I they had sort of slipped my mind untill recently, these video's redefined the way I watch movies or any visual "entertainment" and are a wealth of researched information.

This web site was my favorite for a few years, I used to spread it around and just now I could barely remember it.. strange how that works... anyway, I highly reccomend this:

Quote About Full DisclosureHollywood Insiders Full Disclosure started as a documentary named Hollywood Insiders: Fallen Angels ( no longer supported, but available ). In fallen angels, I discussed the connection between the man who would be king, the book of Enoch, and movies like Starwars, Dogma, The Road to El Dorado, Harry Potter, and The Matrix. In Full Disclosure, I covered virtually the same topics, but much more. Fallen Angels, and consequently Full Disclosure, also discussed the many connections between Darth Vader and Jesus Christ. George Lucas Interview regarding the mythological origins of his Starwars.
    http://www.hollywoodinsiders.net/full.html

The second part:

Quote Hollywood Insiders: Beneath the surface (75 minutes; released June 20th, 2010) follows the career of movie writers such as: James Cameron, Roland Emmerich, David Goyer, and Michael Ferris. It also examines Illuminati symbolism in movies like: Avatar, 10000BC, 2012, The men who stare at Goats, Sherlock Holmes, Surrogates, Jumper, and The Crow 2. Further, it analyzes predictive programming, the mayan calender, global warming, the supernatural, mythological retellings in movies.

Hollywood Insiders: Illuminati Esotera (27 minutes; released Jan. 31st, 2010) exposes one of the Illuminati's most closely guarded secrets, body transformation. It also examines Steve Jackson's cardgame Illuminati: The Game of Conspiracy, along with George Lucas and his "Jedi." Finally, it reveals the specifics of magic, ritual, demons, and Satanism.
    http://www.hollywoodinsiders.net/beneath.html

Quote The Soul Travelers (released 12/31/10) reveals the truth about mythology, the spirit world, magic, Satanism, and the Illuminati. This documentary reviews repeating themes in mythology and tales of ancient man. Then the video discusses the details of the spirit world, chakras, demons, and angels. It continues by delving into the details of magic, the occult, and Satanic Illuminati symbolism. The Soul Travelers is surely among the most revealing documentaries on the subject of magic and the occult, as it takes a revisionist look at the symbols of secret societies like the Freemasons. It concludes by examining the characters like Satan, Jesus, Babylon, and more from the perspective of the occult.
    https://youtube.com/view_play_lis...C24D0031C90118
    http://www.hollywoodinsiders.net/soul.html

Quote Symbols of Satanism Part 1: The All-seeing eye ( released Nov. 8, 2011 ) examines the history and present use of the all-seeing eye. It starts from ancient Egypt, where the all-seeing eye is a symbol of power. Then it movies through recent history of the all-seeing eye and its use by the Illuminati and Satanists. It concludes by reviewing how the all-seeing eye is used is modern media, like movies and tv shows.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=viewall
    http://www.hollywoodinsiders.net/seeingeye.html

Quote Symbols of Satanism Part 2: The Bible and the Occult ( released Nov. 27, 2011 )examines Biblical symbolism like the tree of life, the mark of the beast, the Antichrist, 666, and the whore of Babylon from the perspective of the occult and the Illuminati. It reveals the symbols of the Bible hidden in Satanic texts written by Aleister Crowley, Michael Ford, and more
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=viewall
    http://www.hollywoodinsiders.net/bibleoccult.html

If that hasn't sparked intrest in you then I don't know what will, I highly reccomend watching ALL of his documentaries, they are very well researched & inspire me to hope that someday I can create my own.
    Last edited by TargeT; 4th December 2012 at 00:16.
    Where are you?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Reinhard (5th December 2012), WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

The documentary Sirius being produced by Steven Greer isn't out yet, but it will be before too long, and it looks like it's going to be very interesting.
    Here's the latest clip, which included shots of the tiny alien cadaver that will be featured in the film and which has been receiving a lot of expert examination.
    I am very curious to see how the movie is going to be received.
    Each breath a gift...

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Reinhard (5th December 2012), WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

39. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Just saw this on another thread, it deserves a place here too

Quote Plot: Dec 21, 2012 is on everyone's mind. What will it bring? Is it the end of the world? A new beginning for mankind? Or just another year on the calendar? Brave Archer Films presents '2012 Crossing Over, A New Beginning.' The feature doco explores a positive spiritual perspective on the events of Dec 21, 2012. The film investigates the galactic alignment, consciousness awakening, cycles of evolution, our binary star system with Sirius, the fear agenda in the media, who's behind it, love vs fear and much more.
    Where are you?

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Reinhard (5th December 2012), Star Tsar (9th December 2012), WhiteFeather (9th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast