Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst 1 7 47 57 67 81 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1617

Thread: Ron Paul (2010-2011)

1. Link to Post #1121
    United States Avalon Member Amysenthia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 times in 372 posts

Default Re: Ron Paul surging in Iowa... impossible to ignore him now

Just watched the GOP debates. To me Ron Paul was the consistent winner. But amazingly they did not even mention him in the post debates politico talks. How can people not see this blatant snub!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

161803398 (16th December 2011), baddbob (11th December 2011), modwiz (11th December 2011), transitionalman (11th December 2011)

3. Link to Post #1122
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by alienHunter (here)
    Ron Paul is incoherent. It makes absolutely no sense for someone to demonstrate a fear of an entity (government) that has at the very least an ostensible responsibility to the everyday man and yet, be willing to advocate the corporation be allowed to its own devices. The everyday smack us in the face reality that we experience has amply demonstrated that corporations will rape us, strip our bones and leave us to dry out in the desert even more readily than the evil, Repubtilian government.

I'm surely missing something, how can a dichotomy of such magnitude be reconciled?
    I hear what your saying alienHunter,

However there must be some point in time for a turn-around and to my reckoning electing Ron Paul may just be that turning point where the American people say we've 'Had Enough' we don't want the War Machine to continue, We don't won't Corporations ruling our lives, We don't want Big Govt, etc...

Electing Ron Paul may just be the answer to at least get the ball rolling on bringing your Country back to what it was supposedly built upon 'Liberty & Freedom'.

Remember, your vision of Freedom will take time, its not going to happen overnight...

So stop trying to alienate a 'Man' who wants to help you achieve those (Shared Goals) everytime someone here tries to 'Wake Up' your Countrymen...

Rgs,

Jack
    Last edited by jackovesk; 11th December 2011 at 07:18.

4. Link to Post #1123
    United States Avalon Member Candor's Avatar
    Thanks

If we want to see an 'up-set' in the political arena, it is up to us to create that upset.
    What makes a difference to the powers that are running the world is the flow of thier money. And one place that 'flows a lot of money is WalMart. So I'm thinking that if we--en mass--address our local WalMart stores with the option to support Ron Paul or we picket the store, and point out to the managers how much good Ron Paul would do for their business if he were elected maybe we could shift the dynamics of this media ignoring RP. Otherwise the (non)election will be deception as usual. --Candor--
    Let Go; Let Love Create it for you.
    Candor

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Candor For This Post:

jackovesk (12th December 2011)

6. Link to Post #1124
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

The humble libertarian...I don't buy it...the game is not over as yet...

"It's certainly a good thing that the need for patent reform has been recognized; there's little debate about that. But what got signed into law this time just doesn't come close to doing enough. Let's hope the push continues for a more sane and balanced system that doesn't reward the monoliths and trolls or impede the little guys quite so much."

This article doesn't directly address the issue of 'questionable' patents, but does it strike you as a move in the wrong direction? Who else has even tried in the face of the nebulous opposition. Would Ron Paul...not likely because in his view corporations are harmless people.
    This line of yours caught my attention in a big way. I want to know more about where he stands on corporate personhood, the ignored elephant in the room. This subject could be kryptonite for him.

7. Link to Post #1125
    Thanks

This is from the debate that just took place:

'I work on the assumption that freedom brings people together. If you understand freedom, it's based on tolerance and non-violence. So if it's tolerance, it should be bringing all kinds of people together, and that's following our Constitution. We shouldn't be fighting among ourselves, because we shouldn't be fighting in Washington if we all take the same oath of office. Where does the fight come from? Somebody is messing up somewhere. So I would say that with persistence, I think that we can all prevail and come up with the right answers.'
    — Ron Paul, ABC News/Yahoo News GOP Debate (2011)

'...this is what you're seeing today: The elimination of the middle class, and it's going to get a lot worse unless we address the subjects of overspending, over-borrowing and printing too much money, and understanding the business cycle.'

'The middle class is suffering, but not only because we bail out the rich and dump on the poor and they lose their jobs and they lose their houses. But there's a characteristic about monetary policy -- when a country destroys its currency, it transfers wealth from the middle class to the wealthy.'

'We have to quit the spending, we have to quit this being the policemen of the world. We don't need another war in Syria, another war in Iran. Just get rid of the embassy in Baghdad. We're pretending we're coming home from Baghdad, we built an embassy there and it cost a billion dollars and we're putting 17,000 contractors in there and pretending our troops are coming home.'

'But there's been many positions that you [Gingrich] have admitted -- many of positions where you have changed positions. But you know, if you're looking for a consistent position, I think there's going to be a little bit of trouble of anybody competing with me on consistency.'

'...Freddie Mac gets bailed out by the tax payer, so in a way Newt, I think you probably got some of our tax payers money.'

'While he [Gingrich] was earning a lot of money from Freddie Mac, I was fighting for over a decade to try and explain to people where the housing bubble was coming from.'

'Once Government uses force to mold behaviour or mold the economy, they've overstepped their bounds and they've violated the whole concept of our revolution and our Constitution.'

'If you embark on instituting a society where government protects you from yourself, you're in big trouble and that's what they're doing.'

'You know if we took that oath of office seriously in Washington, we'd get rid of 80% of the Government, the budget would be balanced, we would have sound money, and we would have prosperity, and we wouldn't be the policemen of the world, and we wouldn't have a Federal reserve system and we wouldn't be invading the privacy of every single individual in this nation with bills like the Patriot Act -- We would have a free society and a prosperous society.'

'What about our oath of office? That's what really gets to me, that's where you're really on the line as a public figure; that's where I think a lot of people come up real short, because there's many times that I've been forced to Congress -- because I take my oath very seriously -- I end up sometimes, believe it or not, voting all by myself, thinking that, why don't people pay attention? Why don't they read Article 1, Section 8?'

'Congressman Paul got me really intrigued with the whole, uh the Federal Reserve, and I've spent a substantial amount of time reading about -- and Currency wars, the book by James Rickards -- but Congressman Paul is the individual on this stage that got me most interested in a subject I found to be quite interesting and at the root at a lot of the problems we have, and I thank you for that.'
    — Rick Perry, ABC News/Yahoo News GOP Debate (2011)

'I always find the principal of leadership to be most interesting, and as I look at the people on this stage, each exhibits different qualities of leadership and they've each exercised leadership in different ways. One of the things about Ron Paul that always amazes me is, when I come to a debate like this, the only signs I see are the Ron Paul people out there freezing, freezing, in freezing temperatures, they're always there! He ignites an enthusiasm with a number of people that's very exciting to watch.'
    — Mitt Romney, ABC News/Yahoo News GOP Debate (2011)

'I have learned that you should never give up on your opposition, because if you're persistent, and you present your case, they will come your way. So Rick, I appreciate it. Mitt, I appreciate it. Michelle, I appreciate it -- they're open to the Federal Reserve, and that is wonderful.'
    W.C.
    The Lion strode through the halls of Hell;
    Across his path grim shadows fell
    Of many a mowing, nameless shape—
    Monsters with dripping jaws agape.
    The darkness shuddered with scream and yell
    When the Lion stalked through the halls of Hell.

OLD BALLAD

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to W.C. For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th December 2011), jackovesk (12th December 2011), PurpleLama (11th December 2011), risveglio (11th December 2011), Unified Serenity (11th December 2011)

9. Link to Post #1126
    Thanks

Default Re: Ron Paul

The media have done a good job of marginalising the man currently in second in one of the most important Caucus states, and the winner of a rather large number of straw polls and online polls, moreso than any other candidate.

And yet, almost everyone in the mainstream seems to keep repeating the phrase 'I agree with Paul, but not on foreign policy and especially on Israel,' or something to that extent. Each reporting segment on him winning or doing well, they almost always add in 'but he can never be the candidate,' etc.

Paul is currently the only GOP Candidate that theoretically can beat Obama, being the only candidate attracting enough loyal support, Blue Democrats and Independents needed to secure victory.

On what the media tell you Paul is weakest on, foreign policy and Israel, well...

With Paul, he doesn't preclude going to war so long as it can be viewed that our national security is at risk in some way. When asked a hypothetical about the Panama Canal being taken over, and what he would do considering its significance in being a key conduit for international maritime trade.

Paul responded that he would investigate to see whether it affected our national security (remember now, Paul views even sanctions as acts of/precursors to war, and someone not letting us use a trade route is the same thing) and present the information to Congress to decide as per the Constitution -- if Congress decided to declare War, as Commander and Chief he would do everything within his power to win that War.

It follows that, if Britain or Israel were attacked, and if they couldn't defend themselves, Paul might not want to go to War, but he would present the case to Congress to decide as per Constitutional requirements. It could effect trade, which could effect economy, etc. Any attack on Israel or Britain where they can't defend themselves could be seen as a by proxy threat to America... and as President, Paul must present the case to Congress, who represent their constituents 'the people,' to decide.

That is strength, and that is how I honestly believe it should be. Presidents shouldn't be allowed to go to war so easily as they currently do. It's not Constitutional for a start, and yet they swore to uphold that Constitution. Paul will bring America back to the greatness it's Founders envisioned for it -- and with the freedom that brings, where we go from there is more in our hands than ever.

A few quotes by Ron Paul:

'You have the marketplace there. There's competition. Quality goes up. The price goes down. Can you imagine what it would have been like if the Department of Homeland Security was in charge of finding one person or one company to make the cellphones? I mean, it would have been a total disaster.
    So when the government gets involved in the delivery of any service -- whether it's education, medical care, or housing -- they cause higher prices, lower quality, create bubbles, and they give us this mess that we're in.'
    — Ron Paul, CNBC Republican Presidential Debate (2011)

‎'...in our efforts to bring peace and democracy to the world we assisted the freedom fighters of Afghanistan, and in our infinite wisdom we gave money, technology and training to Bin Laden, and now, this very year, we have declared that Bin Laden was responsible for the bombing in Africa. So what is our response, because we allow our President to pursue war too easily? What was the President's response?'
    — Ron Paul, Debate on the Iraq Liberation Act (1998)

‎'Considering the disturbing aftermath of our "democracy promotion" operations in places like Egypt, Iraq, Libya, where radical forces have apparently come out on top, it may be fair to conclude that such actions actually undermine US national security rather than bolster it.'
    ― Ron Paul, Statement on the Iran Threat Reduction Act (2011)

‎'The war in Afghanistan and Pakistan will be much bigger, unless the dollar follows the path of the dollar-based world financial system and collapses into runaway inflation. In this case, the laws of economics and the realities of history will prove superior to the madness of maintaining a world empire financed by scraps of paper. Our military prowess, backed by a nuclear arsenal, will not suffice in overcoming the tragedy of a currency crisis. Soviet nukes did not preserve its empire or the communist economy.'
    — Ron Paul, The End is Not Near (2009)

‎'This administration certainly was not the first to behave in ways that have defied the Constitution to overstep its bounds. Sadly, previous administrations have set precedents that the current administration is only building upon. It is time for Congress to reassert itself and its constitutional role.'
    — Ron Paul, 'Taking Executive Orders Too Far' (2011)

‎'While he [Gingrich] was earning a lot of money from Freddie Mac, I was fighting for over a decade to try and explain to people where the housing bubble was coming from.'

‎'I think it's only a life issue. As an obstetrician, I can verify the fact that the life does exist. It's very much alive, and it's very human, and I have a legal responsibility for it. If I do any harm, I can be sued for it. If an individual kills a fetus, they can be hauled off to court for it. So it's a legal life. To say that life doesn't exist -- if someone kills a fetus in a car accident, they have to answer to this. So why is it life one time but not another time?'
    — Ron Paul, on Abortion (2011)

‎'I'm just not frightened by a free society. I'm frightened by those who prevent us from having a free society. That's where the real threats are.'
    — Ron Paul, Iowa Youth Rally (2011)

‎'I work on the assumption that freedom brings people together. If you understand freedom, it's based on tolerance and non-violence. So if it's tolerance, it should be bringing all kinds of people together, and that's following our Constitution. We shouldn't be fighting among ourselves, because we shouldn't be fighting in Washington if we all take the same oath of office. Where does the fight come from? Somebody is messing up somewhere. So I would say that with persistence, I think that we can all prevail and come up with the right answers.'

‎'The Fed is behaving much as it did during the 2008 financial crisis, only this time instead of bailing out politically well-connected too-big-to-fail firms it is bailing out profligate government spending. Citizens the world over deserve better than this. They deserve sound money that cannot be manipulated and created out of thin air by central planners who promise printed prosperity.'
    ― Ron Paul, Statement on the Fed's Euro Bailout (2011)

‎'What I see others are doing, the others, especially - and many of the other candidates, they have old ideas. It's totalitarian, it's the control of government, governments policing the world, militarism, telling people how to run their lives, running the economy, telling people what they can put in their mouths and whether or not they can even drink raw milk. It's just - it's just absolutely out of control.'
    — Ron Paul, interview on PBS Newshour (2011)

‎'We endorse the idea of voluntarism, self-responsibility, family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion, it never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person, it can't make you follow good habits.'
    — Ron Paul, The Morton Downey Jr. Show (1988)

‎'Should we really hail the expansion of the police state as an enhancement to safety? I submit that an attitude of acquiescence to TSA authority is thoroughly dangerous, un-American, and insulting to earlier freedom-loving generations who built this country.'
    — Ron Paul, on the TSA VIPR Program (2011)

‎'We police our world empire with troops on 700 bases and in 130 countries around the world. A dangerous war now spreads throughout the Middle East and Central Asia. Thousands of innocent people being killed as we become known as the torturers of the 21st century. We assume that by keeping the already known torture pictures from the public’s eye, we will be remembered only as a generous and good people. If our enemies want to attack us only because we are free and rich, proof of torture would be irrelevant.'
    — Ron Paul, Is this reality or just a bad dream? (2009)

‎'Rarely do we hear that Iraq has never committed any aggression against the United States. No one in the media questions our aggression against Iraq for the past 12 years by continuous bombing and imposed sanctions responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of children.'
    — Ron Paul, Before We Bomb Iraq (2002)

‎'‎What about our oath of office? That's what really gets to me, that's where you're really on the line as a public figure; that's where I think a lot of people come up real short, because there's many times that I've been forced to Congress -- because I take my oath very seriously -- I end up sometimes, believe it or not, voting all by myself, thinking that, why don't people pay attention? Why don't they read Article 1, Section 8?
    You know if we took that oath of office seriously in Washington, we'd get rid of 80% of the Government, the budget would be balanced, we would have sound money, and we would have prosperity, and we wouldn't be the policemen of the world, and we wouldn't have a Federal reserve system and we wouldn't be invading the privacy of every single individual in this nation with bills like the Patriot Act -- We would have a free society and a prosperous society.'

‎'If the Fed would stop intervening and distorting the market, and would allow the functioning of a truly free market that deals with profit and loss, our economy could recover. The continued existence of an organization that can create trillions of dollars out of thin air to purchase financial assets and prop up a fundamentally insolvent banking system is a black mark on an economy that professes to be free.'
    — Ron Paul, The Wall Street Journal (2011)

‎'We don't have a budgetary crisis, we have a crisis in our understanding about what the role of government ought to be. The budget is the symptom, the taxes are the symptom.'
    ― Ron Paul, at the National Press Club (2011)

'When governments had to fund their own wars without a paper money machine to rely upon, they economized on resources. They found diplomatic solutions to prevent war, and after they started a war they ended it as soon as possible... It is no coincidence the Century of Total War coincided with the Century of Central Banking.'
    ― Ron Paul, End the Fed (2009)

'Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don’t have to take it any more.'
    — Ron Paul (2007)

‎'The failure of the federal war on drugs should be clear enough from one simple fact; our government has been unable to keep drugs even out of prisons, which are surrounded by armed guards.'
    — Ron Paul, Revolution: A Manifesto (2008)

‎'The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people.'
    — Ron Paul, Freedom Under Siege (1987)

‎'Truth is treason in the empire of lies.'
    — Ron Paul, Revolution: A Manifesto (2008)

Quotes about Ron Paul:

‎'Congressman Paul got me really intrigued with the whole, uh the Federal Reserve, and I've spent a substantial amount of time reading about -- and Currency wars, the book by James Rickards -- but Congressman Paul is the individual on this stage that got me most interested in a subject I found to be quite interesting and at the root at a lot of the problems we have, and I thank you for that.'
    — Rick Perry, ABC News/Yahoo News GOP Debate (2011)

‎'I always find the principal of leadership to be most interesting, and as I look at the people on this stage, each exhibits different qualities of leadership and they've each exercised leadership in different ways. One of the things about Ron Paul that always amazes me is, when I come to a debate like this, the only signs I see are the Ron Paul people out there freezing, freezing, in freezing temperatures, they're always there! He ignites an enthusiasm with a number of people that's very exciting to watch.'
    — Mitt Romney, ABC News/Yahoo News GOP Debate (2011)

‎'You’ve got to give it to Ron Paul. Whether you agree with everything he says or not, at least he is one there in Congress trying to make our President stick to the law and understand that Congress does have a role to play in these foreign policy decisions that are made and Ron Paul, I think hit the nail on the head, when he came out and said Obama had better be careful when he interjects himself and our country in other nations’ business.'
    — Sarah Palin, on Ron Paul (2011)

‎'I just want to say, having campaigned during the last presidential election, you had the most enthusiastic supporters of anybody I ever saw... Well, I mean, my goodness, everywhere I went they were literally running down highways holding your signs. I’ve never had a chance to tell you that, but your message obviously resonated with a lot of people.'
    — Hillary Clinton, to Ron Paul (2009)

‎'Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defence. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first.'
    — Ronald Reagan (1976)

‎'His foreign policy would be an adaptation of the Founding Fathers’ creed saluted in the Constitution’s preamble: Billions for a common defense, but not one cent for extravagant preemptive wars seeking world domination, a risk-free existence, and a planet purged of tyranny and sin. He would not spend $120 billion annually to confront 50 members of al Qaida in Afghanistan with 100,000 troops when international terrorists can be captured or killed with special forces.
    Ron Paul would close the hundreds of U.S. military bases abroad, redeploy weapons and soldiers now dedicated to defending foreigners and foreign countries to the U.S. to defend American sovereignty and Americans, and end our multiple treaty obligations that require us to wage war in defense of other nations. Our government shouldn’t send Americans abroad on quests to secure the liberty of foreigners.'
    ― Bruce Fein, on Ron Paul (2011)

‎'We need to keep him fighting for our country.'
    ― Ronald Reagan, on Ron Paul (1976)

'Lobbyists don’t even bother going to his office. If their scheme doesn’t fall among the federal government’s enumerated powers under the Constitution, they know perfectly well that there is no chance Ron Paul will support it.'
    — Thomas Woods (2007)

‎'His opposition to what he considers unconstitutional spending even earned the grudging respect of GOP leaders. When Newt Gingrich cracked the whip on party members to support a messy budget compromise, he excused Paul from the duty to support the budget, and the "Ron Paul exemption" entered the congressional vocabulary.
    What did it take for other members to earn this privilege to buck the party? A voting record that opposed all unnecessary federal spending, even in their home district. No one else has been granted the exemption.'
    — The American Conservative (2007)

'He may have become at last what he has always deserved to be: the most respected member of the U.S. Congress. He is also the only Republican candidate for president who is truly what all the others pretend to be, namely, a conservative. [...] Until now, the GOP has been able to contain Paul by pretending he wasn’t there. But the silent treatment can no longer stifle this soft-spoken man. He has been proved right too often.'
    — Joseph Sobran (2007)

‎'If Ron Paul has no chance then why are the other candidates adopting his stance on issues? You dont copy off the guy who you think is going to flunk a test do you?'
    — Fred Nomasters (2011)
    W.C.

OLD BALLAD

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to W.C. For This Post:

aranuk (11th December 2011), Arc (11th December 2011), baddbob (11th December 2011), Unified Serenity (11th December 2011)

11. Link to Post #1127
    Thanks

Default Re: Rock solid and Steady Ron Paul

I perhaps should have posted this here:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post377330
    W.C.

OLD BALLAD

12. Link to Post #1128
    Thanks

I am from Australia, and I can't help but support this guy. He is like the Churchill of Economics, and limited Government.

Meanwhile, an interesting way to make a point:

W.C.

OLD BALLAD

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to W.C. For This Post:

Arc (11th December 2011), T Smith (11th December 2011)

14. Link to Post #1129
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 times in 527 posts

Quote Posted by baddbob (here)
    I was interested in some opinions about Ron Paul. I really feel he could be our next best presedent since Kennedy. He seems to really have our intrests in mind and he wants to "End The Fed " I dont get the feeling that he wears any puppet strings.Anyone else feel good about Ron Paul ?

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Hello baddbob,

Succinctly. the only hope for America is Ron Paul with the power of the younger generation behind him in carrying out his goals of legalizing the Constitution. I have been following Ron Paul for twenty years. God bless him. Without Ron Paul, and without the relentless backing of his message by the younger generation, America will never be revived. The bottom line, he is our last hope at this final hour of the total destruction of our country, and I don't say that lightly.

Sincerely,

Mr. Davis

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blake For This Post:

AlternativeInfoJunkie (11th December 2011), aranuk (11th December 2011), Sebastion (11th December 2011), T Smith (11th December 2011), Unified Serenity (11th December 2011)

16. Link to Post #1130
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 times in 527 posts

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    Great video on RP. Ron Paul's message in Iowa is very strong.

Hello Serenity,

Thanks for sharing the video.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Davis

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blake For This Post:

jackovesk (12th December 2011), Unified Serenity (11th December 2011)

18. Link to Post #1131
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Stable? Really? You think the economy is stable? of course not...that's why we are waiting. We're not that far apart, I'm with you. Obviously that is critical to what is good and bad in our society. It's dangerous to directly confront the power in this country as they can destroy at will the remaining vestiges of civilization that we retain. Not to suggest that the patent process is a surreptitious back door to implement change (even if it is) but squelched science has the potential to transform society from the bottom up rather than the relatively effete method of changing from the top down. We've tried that for generations.
    OMG, my head is going to pop off, I swear! alienhunter, I have had to get my wife to look around the room several times for my head after reading what you write! Thank god for your posts though, because if you are the average Obama supporter then imho it shows just how much you do not appear to understand. I know I seem like an arrogant know it all, heartless bitch, but "Obama will improve the economy", "Obama will fix X" Really? I wonder which puppet master has his hand up Obama's back moving his lips for him. Obama gave or made sure Timmy G. could give trillions away while we watched America's top model, Survivor (prep class for NWO soon to be a true reality show), and Iron Chef.

I guarantee you that if you look more deeply into this patent law issue, it had something to do with helping big corporations steal the little guys inventions. I would like to get back on track with talking about Ron Paul and if you want to start an Obama worshipping thread, by all means, do so.

I don't like duck tape for sure now.

19. Link to Post #1132
    Deactivated
    Thanks

I just watched Ron Paul on Meet the Press. Initially I didn't watch his physical presentation because I didn't think he was a sophisticated politician. He is...as I watched and listened more closely I began to wonder about two things. First and Foremost did he really believe what he was saying and secondly, was he lying. I concluded that he might really believe what he is saying and that he quite possibly could be lying. I know that sounds contradictory but if he is deliberate in his lying and he believes in what he is saying then he has an agenda that is not in line with what he portrays to the American public. Beware of wolves in sheep clothing...

20. Link to Post #1133
    Thanks

Thanks Jack,

Your response is more subdued than mine was after reading what AH said. You know, if people listen to Ron Paul they will understand he has consistantly stood up for the RIGHTS of he people to determine their lives and to take the Federal Government out of the way. If a state wants to legalize dope smoking fine in RP's world and interpretation of the constitution. He encourages people to not do drugs, but he believes it's a state issue and not something we need Federally controlled by a great Nanny Government.

I want as much power returned to the local level where we live with our law makers down the street and can put pressure locally on them. Ron Paul's message has been consistant and his voting record has backed it up.

We have one choice to return power to the people and that is Ron Paul.

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Ron Paul is incoherent. It makes absolutely no sense for someone to demonstrate a fear of an entity (government) that has at the very least an ostensible responsibility to the everyday man and yet, be willing to advocate the corporation be allowed to its own devices. The everyday smack us in the face reality that we experience has amply demonstrated that corporations will rape us, strip our bones and leave us to dry out in the desert even more readily than the evil, Repubtilian government.

I'm surely missing something, how can a dichotomy of such magnitude be reconciled?
    I hear what your saying alienHunter,

However there must be some point in time for a turn-around and to my reckoning electing Ron Paul may just be that turning point where the American people say we've 'Had Enough' we don't want the War Machine to continue, We don't won't Corporations ruling our lives, We don't want Big Govt, etc...

Electing Ron Paul may just be the answer to at least get the ball rolling on bringing your Country back to what it was supposedly built upon 'Liberty & Freedom'.

Remember, your vision of Freedom will take time, its not going to happen overnight...

So stop trying to alienate a 'Man' who wants to help you achieve those (Shared Goals) everytime someone here tries to 'Wake Up' your Countrymen...

Rgs,

Jack

21. Link to Post #1134
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    Stable? Really? You think the economy is stable? of course not...that's why we are waiting. We're not that far apart, I'm with you. Obviously that is critical to what is good and bad in our society. It's dangerous to directly confront the power in this country as they can destroy at will the remaining vestiges of civilization that we retain. Not to suggest that the patent process is a surreptitious back door to implement change (even if it is) but squelched science has the potential to transform society from the bottom up rather than the relatively effete method of changing from the top down. We've tried that for generations.
    OMG, my head is going to pop off, I swear! alienhunter, I have had to get my wife to look around the room several times for my head after reading what you write! Thank god for your posts though, because if you are the average Obama supporter then imho it shows just how much you do not appear to understand. I know I seem like an arrogant know it all, heartless bitch, but "Obama will improve the economy", "Obama will fix X" Really? I wonder which puppet master has his hand up Obama's back moving his lips for him. Obama gave or made sure Timmy G. could give trillions away while we watched America's top model, Survivor (prep class for NWO soon to be a true reality show), and Iron Chef.

I guarantee you that if you look more deeply into this patent law issue, it had something to do with helping big corporations steal the little guys inventions. I would like to get back on track with talking about Ron Paul and if you want to start an Obama worshipping thread, by all means, do so.

I don't like duck tape for sure now.
    This is really off track...I've had a couple of significant others that said what you said regarding your attitude towards the world. I soon realized that they were telling the truth. To be honest, I recognized that about you from the get go. So I guess the lesson to me is to not let personal baggage get in the way of rational thought.

22. Link to Post #1135
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    The humble libertarian...I don't buy it...the game is not over as yet...

"It's certainly a good thing that the need for patent reform has been recognized; there's little debate about that. But what got signed into law this time just doesn't come close to doing enough. Let's hope the push continues for a more sane and balanced system that doesn't reward the monoliths and trolls or impede the little guys quite so much."

This article doesn't directly address the issue of 'questionable' patents, but does it strike you as a move in the wrong direction? Who else has even tried in the face of the nebulous opposition. Would Ron Paul...not likely because in his view corporations are harmless people.
    This line of yours caught my attention in a big way. I want to know more about where he stands on corporate personhood, the ignored elephant in the room. This subject could be kryptonite for him.
    I want to see the statements of Ron Paul defending the crony capitalism Alien Hunter. Please post a video of Ron Paul defending these corporations. I'll show you mine now:

23. Link to Post #1136
    Deactivated
    Thanks

unified serenity:

Ok, here's my offering for a truce: I just read Paul's biography. Apparently he's a devotee of Friedrich Hayek. I respect Hayek because he is the father of true conservatism. On that note, I would add that when Hayek formulated his brand of conservatism the policy of Laissez-Faire made sense. It was intended to give business (corporations) some leverage against an oppressive government. The balance of power has tipped tremendously in favor of the corporations and therefore is not applicable in today's economic environment. At any rate, most conservatives are not made in the mold of Hayek. Paul is also a devotee of Ayn Rand. Rand was a wholly selfish human being that was highly damaged by her exposure to an authoritarian philosophy...Stalin's Soviet Union. The former Soviet Union pretended to be a people's republic and called themselves communists. Perhaps, but what they really were tended to fascism. Much like Hitler's 'socialism'. Bottom line...I don't begrudge your loyalty to Ron Paul...but you'll never sell me. I just don't fit into that demographic.

€=[Post Update]=€

Unified Serenity: no one is silly enough to defend crony capitalism and Ron Paul certainly isn't. Can you say, tacit approval?

Maybe tacit approval is too strong...his concern is more with the Military-Industrial Complex (i.e. government) not corporations. I don't think I would be wrong if I stated that Paul would let corporations do anything they liked as long as they steered clear of the bogeyman...Obama.
    Last edited by alienHunter; 11th December 2011 at 16:14.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to alienHunter For This Post:

modwiz (11th December 2011)

25. Link to Post #1137
    Thanks

unified serenity:

Ok, here's my offering for a truce: I just read Paul's biography. Apparently he's a devotee of Friedrich Hayek. I respect Hayek because he is the father of true conservatism. On that note, I would add that when Hayek formulated his brand of conservatism the policy of Laissez-Faire made sense. It was intended to give business (corporations) some leverage against an oppressive government. The balance of power has tipped tremendously in favor of the corporations and therefore is not applicable in today's economic environment. At any rate, most conservatives are not made in the mold of Hayek. Paul is also a devotee of Ayn Rand. Rand was a wholly selfish human being that was highly damaged by her exposure to an authoritarian philosophy...Stalin's Soviet Union. The former Soviet Union pretended to be a people's republic and called themselves communists. Perhaps, but what they really were tended to fascism. Much like Hitler's 'socialism'. Bottom line...I don't begrudge your loyalty to Ron Paul...but you'll never sell me. I just don't fit into that demographic.

€=[Post Update]=€

Unified Serenity: no one is silly enough to defend crony capitalism and Ron Paul certainly isn't. Can you say, tacit approval?
    alien Hunter,

Thanks for the olive branch. I don't think you and I are enemies, we just see the world very differently on some topics. I have been involved in studying political history for some 20 years, and Ron Paul is a true constitutionalist. I cannot imagine being in his position in Washington D.C.. Frankly, I am surprised that he is still alive, but up until this year the ptb have managed to use RP as a means to shut up truth seeking honorable American's. I mean until just recently if you supported Ron Paul you were looked at as a complete wacko! Now suddenly people are repeating the very things Ron Paul has said and supported for years. The other candidates are taking up some of RP's positions. It reminds me of when I had my radio show in the early 1990's and I was educating N. Florida about the CFR, Bilderburgs, NWO, black helicopters that I had personally taken pictures of and people had the gall to actually call my program and tell me there was no such thing as any of those. I said, "Come on down to the station and pick up a copy of "Foreign Affairs" written by the CFR! Look at the evidence!

Ron Paul has carried the water of truth and freedom his entire career. Is he perfect? Of course not, but he's the closest thing we have right now to even having a chance of getting control of our government before it's too late. Let me give you an ol' basketball coaching trick to teach players how to follow their opponent in man to man play:

Follow the belly button! It won't lie. Where ever that belly button go, so goes to body.

Obama speaks nice slogans ( that's head bobbing, lips moving), but he signs into law (belly button) the very things that are stealing our wealth and further enslaving us. He promised to get us out of Iraq and out of the wars in the middle east (head bobbing, lips moving) and yet here we are three years later and he's not out of Iraq, Afghanistan, and now is saber rattling in other regions (belly button). You will know them by their fruits! Obama's fruit is lies and deception. Ron Paul has said the same message his entire career and he's voted based on that message! Read up on his voting history.

And as for Ayn Rand, this is what RP says:

26. Link to Post #1138
    Deactivated
    Thanks

ok, I'm willing to let the future play itself out...I did find your last post very interesting...

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alienHunter For This Post:

Arc (11th December 2011), modwiz (11th December 2011)

28. Link to Post #1139
    United States Avalon Member baddbob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 times in 388 posts

Im finding more and more that Ron Paul is the Man.In his own words he said that it should be a "litmus test" for war that would they send thier own. The fact that he is getting most of his support from the alternative media really has to say a lot here.Another great fact is that the younger peolpe are for him. Something we all want is to rid senate of all the old policy makers. Its going to be there world why would they want this old goverment that they no is corruped and doesnt work. I just get this great feeling from him everytime he speaks and everytime one of his running mates say "im with Paul on this".This i feel is the start of a great shift in Washington that we all have been wanting since kennedy.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baddbob For This Post:

AlternativeInfoJunkie (11th December 2011), Arc (11th December 2011), Unified Serenity (11th December 2011)

30. Link to Post #1140
    United States Avalon Member baddbob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 times in 388 posts

Im finding more and more that Ron Paul is the Man.In his own words he said that it should be a "litmus test" for war that would they send thier own. The fact that he is getting most of his support from the alternative media really has to say a lot here.Another great fact is that the younger peolpe are for him. Something we all want is to rid senate of all the old policy makers. Its going to be there world why would they want this old goverment that they no is corruped and doesnt work. I just get this great feeling from him everytime he speaks and everytime one of his running mates say "im with Paul on this".This i feel is the start of a great shift in Washington that we all have been wanting since kennedy.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baddbob For This Post:

Arc (11th December 2011), jackovesk (12th December 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst 1 7 47 57 67 81 LastLast