Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: William Binney ex NSA, tracking your data

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default William Binney ex NSA, tracking your data

July 13, 2012.
    William Binney served in the NSA for over 30 years, including a time as director of the NSA's World Geopolitical and Military Analysis Reporting Group. Based on his experience and background, he estimates that the NSA has put together over 20,000,000,000,000 (20 trillion) "transactions" — phone calls, emails, and other forms of data — from Americans. Surprising as it may sound, it's entirely possible that this could include copies of almost all of the emails sent and received from most people who live in the United States.

Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 10th September 2012 at 12:33. Reason: change thread title

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,742 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: William Binney ex NSA, tracking your data

3. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th September 2012), bodhii71 (14th January 2013), centreoflight (3rd December 2012), chiki (11th September 2012), Christine (10th September 2012), crosby (11th September 2012), Dawn (12th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (10th September 2012), Eram (10th September 2012), fourty-two (11th September 2012), meeradas (10th September 2012), Neal (11th September 2012), nomadguy (11th September 2012), Referee (11th September 2012), RunningDeer (10th September 2012), seko (10th September 2012), Spiral (10th September 2012), WhiteFeather (10th September 2012), Wind (10th September 2012), Yoda (11th September 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    Ilie Pandia

The terms "data graph" and "timeline" used in the interview above should be well known to those that have Facebook accounts

What William Binney is saying here is not even that secret any more. The Facebook API allows you to access the Graph API.

Of course, that you as a developer need to get some kind of permission from the Facebook users to read that Graph (fully or only parts of it), but what seems to escape most people's minds is that Facebook has full unrestricted access to the entire graph . They don't require any permissions whatsoever, and the Facebook users are the ones filling out the details in that Graph. And they do that not only about them selves, but they fill out information about "their friends" as well. It's very likely that soon will become irrelevant if you have a Facebook account or not. You will still be "well known" inside the network

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th September 2012), bluestflame (11th September 2012), crosby (11th September 2012), Dawn (12th September 2012), Eram (10th September 2012), Flash (10th September 2012), lisalu (2nd December 2012), meeradas (10th September 2012), Neal (11th September 2012), nomadguy (11th September 2012), RunningDeer (10th September 2012), Spiral (11th September 2012), WhiteFeather (10th September 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Bill and my fellow avalonians, I just wanted to add to the body of video evidence, as I have watched all the videos out there with this man in them on this subject. This is a very important teach session that was held with very important nuanced dialogue that is absent many of the other videos, please watch.

Mr. Binney uses explicit language with words and phrases like "it was all a cover-up". We often are made to feel silly and overtly paranoid by those around us about the topics of conspiracy which this particular case is a classic example of. This kind of revelation is both terrifying for its truthfulness, and also strangely cathartic and really validating for those of us who *do* care and investigate these matters to the best of our abilities. It's because we are getting validation for the truth, which is the ultimate form of healing I find, as do many psychological and spiritual professionals.

I began a conversation about conspiracy, the psychology behind it, to hopefully engage in a thoughtful dialogue about these very issues, please do check it out here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...e-to-open-eyes

Here is part 1 of a Surveillance Teach-In with Jacob Appelbaum & Bill Binney.

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Final segment, Part 5:

Last edited by Huma; 10th September 2012 at 15:45.
    "If you take good and evil and conjoin them, you will find they cancel themselves out as a balanced equilibrium, what do you have left? Free Will..." - Huma

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Huma For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th September 2012), chiki (11th September 2012), crosby (12th September 2012), Dawn (12th September 2012), Revere (11th September 2012), Spiral (11th September 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    The terms "data graph" and "timeline" used in the interview above should be well known to those that have Facebook accounts

What William Binney is saying here is not even that secret any more. The Facebook API allows you to access the Graph API.

Of course, that you as a developer need to get some kind of permission from the Facebook users to read that Graph (fully or only parts of it), but what seems to escape most people's minds is that Facebook has full unrestricted access to the entire graph . They don't require any permissions whatsoever, and the Facebook users are the ones filling out the details in that Graph. And they do that not only about them selves, but they fill out information about "their friends" as well. It's very likely that soon will become irrelevant if you have a Facebook account or not. You will still be "well known" inside the network

Good thing i dont fall for the social media hype then, i am not on facebook or any other book for that matter, and i am just fine.

I do have a cell phone but i also remember the time before cellphones, cant remember missing one thing, when true friends need you, they will reach you/find you.

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Ok, so I fully recognize the inherent dangers of a governmental preoccupation with the minutia of everyone's daily life ... still, I can't help wondering, "who the hell reads all that stuff?"

I always have a mental image of some secret government installation somewhere, filled with a bunch of voyeuristic, perverts; furiously masturbating as they read titillating email content like: Happy Birthday...meet me a 5:00...here's a picture of my new puppy...or, did you see the game last night.
    They must be positively orgasmic when they come across some woman's email to her husband that reads: "I'll be naked when you get home from work tonight."
    JACKPOT!

Apparently, Pinky and the Brain are alive and well.
    We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
    Calloway

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ki's For This Post:

Dawn (12th September 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

I keep coming back to a nagging deep foundational thought . . . . WHY?

Why such a complex, ultra secret, all encompassing data collection program?

I do not believe it is so ‘they’ can know my petty private information . . . . as a sole individual.

If you had all of this massive information what would you do with it? What will ‘they’ do?

What have ‘they’ done with information like this in the past? Ultimately . . . has the manipulation and compilation of this data been foundationally to our benefit (overall) or detriment?

12. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ki's (here)
    Ok, so I fully recognize the inherent dangers of a governmental preoccupation with the minutia of everyone's daily life ... still, I can't help wondering, "who the hell reads all that stuff?"

I always have a mental image of some secret government installation somewhere, filled with a bunch of voyeuristic, perverts; furiously masturbating as they read titillating email content like: Happy Birthday...meet me a 5:00...here's a picture of my new puppy...or, did you see the game last night.
    They must be positively orgasmic when they come across some woman's email to her husband that reads: "I'll be naked when you get home from work tonight."
    JACKPOT!

Apparently, Pinky and the Brain are alive and well.
    Ki, as it stands right now, legally they can only collect the data not analyze it, as by the NSA's own particular legal definition of "intercepting", which means that someone must physically look at, hear, touch, read, or otherwise analyze said data, which is in fact still supposedly illegal according to the 4th amendment. However, the danger here is that the data can be searched through and analyzed retrospectively once it becomes legal to do so (and they likely do it anyway, unofficially).
    "If you take good and evil and conjoin them, you will find they cancel themselves out as a balanced equilibrium, what do you have left? Free Will..." - Huma

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Huma For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th September 2012)

14. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Member joamarks's Avatar
    Thanks

nice post!

in Holland i have claimed my name. (as one of a growing group of people in Holland, which is claiming their sovereignty)
    it's a procedure which give you the only right to use your name.
    if a company or justice request a search in a government database, they are obliged to give a notice to you.

greetings from holland

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joamarks For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th September 2012), Spiral (11th September 2012)

16. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Revere's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe they create various "PROFILES" that they run the data through; the data equaling the gathered facts of your life. It spits out the people that match the attributes they made the automated profile to find in the data set. Then “Wham” you are on their radar if you match that profile. It is one thing to find psychotic terrorist behavior and quite another to find someone who just thinks that our government is usurping our freedom and to then target them for whatever remedy they choose to apply. At first they probably just turn up the focus on you. Then throw you back in the data pool or really get in your life. The purposes of the profiles is what really needs to be monitored and no public regulation scares me and those people who decide what they want to find to what purpose. Once upon a time I was taught and thought (years ago) that governments were formed for the collective benefit of its citizens. LOL! How naive………..No the system would never lie to me? LOL!!

BUT THEY CAN NEVER EVER STOP OUR ABILITY TO “INTEND” A BETTER FUTURE WITH OUT THEM AND THEIR SELF SERVING PLANS!
    "IF WE THINK WE CAN OR CAN NOT WE ARE RIGHT"

17. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

Data - I.E information is BIIIIIG Money for those who wish to exploit our habits. With information they can find what we want and where we want it from and they can provide it for us.

PVM
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

18. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

I know this post will be viewed as idiocy, but I would like to tell you how I resolved my issue concerning any form of eavesdropping. I assume every bit of communication I am involved with is being listened to and that I am completely known by any and all agencies that might be worried about someone like me. In fact, I assume I am already fully chipped and that all my thoughts are known. And for the last part, that every single act I participate in is known, watched (with audio listening devices to complement the video) and the video is taken from many angles.

I have assumed this approach to the potential problem several years back. To be honest, it took a while for me to get used to this possibility, but after I got very comfortable with it, many positive things began to happen in my life.

Now for one minor advantage I probably have - and that is that throughout the history of this current lifetime I have been in over a dozen mental institutions. If we add up the time I have been locked up it approaches two years. That is about about two weeks for every year I have lived. I guess they just assume I am provably crazy such that if I got out of hand (in the form of actually being able to make a impacting positive difference for a large segment of society) "they" could impose a MSM reputation bashing campaign by pulling out all the medical records. So I guess "they" aren't too worried about me.

But the point is, that by adopting this approach to big brother, big brother went away. I can understand that this approach is sorta hard for most folks, but I am being totally and completely honest that this is what I did in this regard and that I really don't care who watches or listens to anything I do. And I mean anything.

If we all did this, I can assure you big brother would disappear. But then, what would we do with all those folks out of a job (CIA, NSA, MI6... just to mention a few of my favorites)? Get them all jobs cleaning up the planet? justonedreamer
    Last edited by Chester; 11th September 2012 at 01:46.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

lisalu (2nd December 2012), Spiral (11th September 2012)

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Quote Posted by blufire (here)

I do not believe it is so ‘they’ can know my petty private information . . . . as a sole individual.

If you had all of this massive information what would you do with it? What will ‘they’ do?

What have ‘they’ done with information like this in the past? Ultimately . . . has the manipulation and compilation of this data been foundationally to our benefit (overall) or detriment?
    It might be that all of everyone's data is fed to a supercomputer that does computations on request. The more data the more specific it's answers are. (not unlike the black box etc.)
    Why not now?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Spiral (11th September 2012)

22. Link to Post #14
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

aware of our co creation ability they are likely to feed all info into a computer so they can predict trends , so that if a "trend" is forcast they don't like they'll start steering it in the direction they want through the use of dis and misinfo and the vast research on psycological profiling and social engineering they surely have access to

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Ki's (11th September 2012), nomadguy (12th September 2012), Spiral (11th September 2012)

24. Link to Post #15
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Now for one minor advantage I probably have - and that is that throughout the history of this current lifetime I have been in over a dozen mental institutions. If we add up the time I have been locked up it approaches two years. That is about about two weeks for every year I have lived. I guess they just assume I am provably crazy such that if I got out of hand (in the form of actually being able to make a impacting positive difference for a large segment of society) "they" could impose a MSM reputation bashing campaign by pulling out all the medical records. So I guess "they" aren't too worried about me.

But the point is, that by adopting this approach to big brother, big brother went away. I can understand that this approach is sorta hard for most folks, but I am being totally and completely honest that this is what I did in this regard and that I really don't care who watches or listens to anything I do. And I mean anything.

If we all did this, I can assure you big brother would disappear. But then, what would we do with all those folks out of a job (CIA, NSA, MI6... just to mention a few of my favorites)? Get them all jobs cleaning up the planet? justonedreamer
    That is not a bad aproach at all J1M, its gives anybody who might be listening/watching less handles to have a go at you, you cant be blackmailed and you cant be f@cked with, you just dont care anymore.

Respect to you btw, by that i mean how you handle yourself and even more respect for your honesty about your past, it takes a large personallity to admit he once or even more than that could not handle himself, i think you are just very sensitive as a human being and pick up vibes very easy, i work with people like that on a daily basis and mutual respect allways works, the hard part is keeping a so called straight face to collegues, they have no other interest or opinion then doctors or psychologists or even worse psychiatrists have, adopting a world view where other dimensions, beings, planes of excistance/energies are a reality is something they just cant handle,( and aliens, heeeeeeeeeeeell no, dont even go there) and as for me, i just shut the f up about what i think or believe, my opinions would get me fired and i would be of no use to the people i love to be around and work for/with.

So i shut up and go about my daily business as a two or three faced human being unfortunately, but hey, i can be there for those who need me when i do so.

BTW, it would be obvious that a forum as this is also monitored ( if they even bother), i think they are laughing their asses off when they read 95 % of the posts here, since untill proven or made visible most of what is discussed is speculation, discussing or our best guessing, no tensed faces faces with the monitors of this forum, just beer, popcorn and shaking of heads.
    Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 11th September 2012 at 11:31.

25. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

It makes me laugh when people say that PA & PC are data mining etc, when everything done via electronic media is open to scrutiny as Binney has pointed out.

The best thing about it is that it makes people think, its nothing to do with terrorism as all the terrorists in the US can be proved to be patsies, recruited, trained & equipped by the CIA & FBI, which leaves something far more insidious & "out of the box".

Its nothing to do with insurrection either, as those of us who have implants & have been monitored all our lives know only too well.

Welcome to a "brave new world".

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Chester (11th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #17
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by blufire (here)

[...]
    Here is the main why:

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)

DIPLOMACY BY DECEPTION
    by Dr, J Coleman (1993)

6 - Tavistock and "Operation Research" - Undeclared War

[...]

Thus, the original program was a military-management one, but by 1946, Reese had developed Operation Research to the point that it could be applied as a civilian management program. Reese had "arrived," insofar as social engineering was concerned, but his work is concealed in top secret files at Tavistock. Technically, the Reese Tavistock manual, of which I have a copy, is a full declaration of war against the civilian population of any targeted country. Reese said that it had to be understood that "whenever any government, groups, persons in positions of power" use his methods without the consent of the people, it is understood by these governments or groups of people that conquest is the motive, and that domestic warfare exists between them and the public.

Reese discovered that with social engineering comes the greater need for information that can be rapidly collected and correlated. One of the earlier statements attributed to Reese was the necessity to stay ahead of society and predict its moves by engineering situations. A big breakthrough for Reese and his social tinkerers came with the discovery of linear programming by George B. Danzig in 1947. This came at a time when Reese was engaged in a war with the American nation, a war which is still ongoing, and which was greatly facilitated by the invention of the transistor by Bardeen, Brittain and Shockley in 1948.

Enter the Rockefellers, who gave a huge grant to Tavistock to enable Reese to press ahead with a study of the American economy, using Operation Research methods. Simultaneously, the Rockefeller Foundation gave Harvard University a four-year grant to create its own American economy model. The year was 1949, and Harvard pressed ahead with its own economic model, based on Tavistock's.

[...]
    "We can readily divide a nation into two sub-categories, the Political Sub Nation and the Docile Sub-Nation. The politicians hold quasi-military jobs, of which the lowest is the police force, next come attorneys. The presidential level is run by the international bankers. The docile sub-nation finances the political machine by consent, that is to say, through taxation. The sub nation remains attached to the political sub-nation, the latter feeding off it and growing stronger, until the day comes when it is strong enough to devour its creator, the people."
    When read in conjunction with the systems outlined in my book, the "Committee of 300", it is relatively easy to see just how far Tavistock's Operation Research project has succeeded, and nowhere more so than in the United States.

Recent statistics show that 75 percent of sixth grade school children were unable to pass what was called "the maths test." The maths test consisted of elementary simple arithmetic, which ought to tell us something. Mathematics did not come into the test at all. Cause for alarm?

You be the judge.

The above is most probably derived from, but certainly corroborated by: Silent weapons for quiet wars, which can also be found as an addendum in William Cooper's "Behold a Pale Horse,"
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

bluestflame (11th September 2012)

29. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Huma (here)
    Bill and my fellow avalonians, I just wanted to add to the body of video evidence, as I have watched all the videos out there with this man in them on this subject. This is a very important teach session that was held with very important nuanced dialogue that is absent many of the other videos, please watch.

Mr. Binney uses explicit language with words and phrases like "it was all a cover-up". We often are made to feel silly and overtly paranoid by those around us about the topics of conspiracy which this particular case is a classic example of. This kind of revelation is both terrifying for its truthfulness, and also strangely cathartic and really validating for those of us who *do* care and investigate these matters to the best of our abilities. It's because we are getting validation for the truth, which is the ultimate form of healing I find, as do many psychological and spiritual professionals.

I began a conversation about conspiracy, the psychology behind it, to hopefully engage in a thoughtful dialogue about these very issues, please do check it out here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...e-to-open-eyes
    Thanks for these Vid's they were very informing to me.
    Always wonder how there data collection would be use, and Binney put it nicely in plan language, I been on a jouney to look at how my data will work against me, and how to weigh up my privacy and access to services,

Found a show on ABC iview very interesting http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/807717 called Erasing David well worth a look at, and helps you to understand how they trace you data,

30. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

31. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

Default ..................

.....................NSA deleted it
    Last edited by bogeyman; 13th January 2013 at 16:02.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast