Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Personal EMF Protection Devices

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Default Personal EMF Protection Devices

Hi peeps,

I've been searching for an effective EMF protection device and was wondering if the good folk of Avalon might be able to point me in the right direction... or at least steer me away from BS devices that don't actually do do what the people selling them claim that they do

Here are a couple of interesting videos that I encountered today whilst conducting my first round of research:

And here's a website that I stumbled across and thought had some "interesting" products:

http://www.emfblues.com/index.html

That's about as far as I've gotten with it at this early stage so any advice, opinions, or recommendations from those with more experience in this area would be welcomed.

I don't want to be duped into purchasing a product that claims to do the job but is based more on pseudo-technology and clever marketing than effective product design.

Any assistance you can offer in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by D-Day; 12th September 2012 at 11:39.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

Default Re: Personal EMF Protection Devices

Notes:

Best protection. don't own any smart devices. Or a laptop. don't live in a residence with a smart meter or solar inverter.

At work find the location of the new smart meters and make sure you are at least 15 feet away.

Your only protection is not to need any protection (from emf smog).

I also suggest, if you think you are being exposed, to rent a device to check (www.lessemf.com).

I just spent $80 to talk to the only expert I could locate (same website). He suggested (I am emf sensitive now they have installed 2 smart meters on the residence where I live....happen in just hours....once you are, you can't go back.....now I can't go anywhere.....trapped by emf smog) various things. I ended up not using any of his ideas. They included indoor shielding (which there are video's already out about....including special curtains/paint). Outdoor shielding (which isn't yet up to snuff, if you ask me.....so much they don't know). He even suggest buying fabric to live underneath (more shielding....they sell canopies ...again on lessemf.com).

My solutions (if you actually get sick) is to stick a versatile diode on each meter (directly attach with sticky tape). That reduced my headaches immediately. Second acupuncture on the body (helped save my life). Earthing products (but start very slowly...as the body has built up a charge and it is uncomfortable to feel it discharging.....and so they too recommend...if you read their book.....). I can only suggest what actually works (and not what is in people imaginations or advertising campaigns). Good luck. Hope we all survive (just being hopeful).

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eileenrose For This Post:

D-Day (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), spiritguide (12th September 2012), WhiteFeather (12th September 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

Having worked with radio frequencies for over 30 years, I'm not convinced there are any studies showing a serious effect from the levels of electromagnetic radiation the general public are exposed to. I know many will disagree with me because they say they have experienced the ill effects. (Note: Electromagnetic radiation is NOT the same as ionizing radiation from nuclear facilities which damages DNA.)

Assuming there ARE ill effects from EM radiation, I can't see how a pendant of Shieldite (or anything else) hanging around your neck can protect anyone. How does it 'suck' the EM radiation away from the body? If you want to be 'protected', keep away from all electrical/electronic devices, or walk about in an earthed tin-foil suit that EM waves cannot penetrate. Neither are very practical...

These companies mention their 'tests' and 'improvements' but don't say how many people took part in the tests, whether they were carried out by qualified independent bodies, how or when they were assessed or how they ruled out placebo effects.

These scientific-sounding claims are aimed at hoodwinking those who do not understand science (and they are not to blame for this) but are anxious and think they need protection. If I wanted advice, I'd ask a qualified doctor or real physicist - someone who understand the science and the risks. I wouldn't use any of these things myself because I'm pretty damn sure they are ALL BS devices.

Regards,

Nick
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 12th September 2012 at 11:34.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

CdnSirian (12th September 2012), D-Day (12th September 2012), Finefeather (13th September 2012), Phoenix1304 (12th September 2012), Positive Vibe Merchant (12th September 2012), RMorgan (12th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), silverchimes (17th September 2012), WhiteFeather (12th September 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member StarDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,638 times in 472 posts

I personally use a Q-Link and have worn one 24/7 for 8 years. It works!

http://www.q-linkproducts.com/Scripts/default.asp

PS, a highly regarded physicist gifted me my first Q-Link. My body literally buzzed with positive energy for the first 24 hours I wore it as part of the "break in" process. People are welcome to think what they may. However, I refuse to take mine off and literally wear it 24/7!
    Last edited by StarDust; 12th September 2012 at 11:13.

"Where your focus goes, energy flows." ~Alex Collier

My "messaging" comes directly from a 6th Density social memory complex in the etheric realm of Sirius B; of which I am a member. I volunteered to incarnate here as a representative of our SMC and to assist Gaia and Terrans in the transformation. My message is designed to assist those who are seeking. If the message does not resonate with you, then simply discard it and move on. That is your free will of choice which will always be honored.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to StarDust For This Post:

CdnSirian (12th September 2012), D-Day (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), genevieve (12th September 2012), kevlar (12th September 2012), Ol' Roy (12th September 2012), Phoenix1304 (12th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), skyflower (5th November 2013), sllim11 (17th September 2012), Swan (12th September 2012), WhiteFeather (12th September 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Ask the occupants of the US embassy in Russia of their experience with directed microwave frequencies if it had an effect on them. This was all over the news in the 70's. There are countermeasures for everything. Searching threads here on Avalon you will find many on the subject and links to valid info.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

D-Day (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), WhiteFeather (12th September 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by StarDust (here)
    I personally use a Q-Link and have worn one 24/7 for 8 years. It works!
    Me too, I've had mine for about 3 years and wear it 24/7 and dont like being without it. I got mine after it was recommended by Robert Bruce (Astral Dynamics).

Love kevlar

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kevlar For This Post:

D-Day (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), StarDust (12th September 2012), Swan (12th September 2012), WhiteFeather (12th September 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 times in 534 posts

If you are concerned, go to a computer repair shop and look through their rubbish and fish out the 3M plastic wrappers of all their electronic components.. This special anti static and RF shielding plastic is going to block anything that they think is electronically harmful to the magnetic memory and soft electronics... Get a hat and line your hat with it.. this will shield you from most emitting frequencies and it costs you nothing.... even the anti static thin foam envelopes they wrap modern digital TV's in has similar qualities..

I must admit I have some in a hat I wear when I am in cities because I get a pinging in my ears when I am in dense wifi zones and this eases the pinging.. nothing scientific just symptom relief. The protective plastics is scientifically verifiable as an electronic shield...

Hope this helps plus added bonus we get to do some recycling..LOL

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

D-Day (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), WhiteFeather (12th September 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,975 times in 5,652 posts

Interesting. Im considering purchasing one. I believe this is their official website.
    http://www.qlinkproducts.com/Scripts/products.asp

I like the hot pink model. Only kidding. : )

Thanks for posting this D Day.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

D-Day (12th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

the way I look at it that EMF(POLLUTION) is that its an attack on our consioussness. It stresses our system(s) and we have harder time to find our way into the preset moment. In other words find Peace and Harmony and Love. Could also be part of the population control agenda.. just sayin.. Let me explain how it feel in my body. Im currently using a laptop and the neighboors unsecured wifi connection
    First I feel pressure in the heart area, then pressure in the brain(left brain first), after half an hour unconfy in my throat, pressure in chest,solar plexus etc.
    two weeks ago i was visiting my father in spain. He was so proud of this new ipad with 3g connection. He follows the stock marked so he was so happy to get online me not. hehe. 3g has always been worst for me. I woke up during sleep, and there was no questin if the Ipad was on or off because i could feel the vibrations it was sending out hitting my body. I had problems being in the appartment when he was online.
    Another not so cool experience was when I was travelling home to norway by plane. The company was so happy to announce that they were the first to introduce internet on board. 200 people inside a metal cylinder and lets say at least half of them are constantly connected to the to the Wifi. I got three persons behind me using their smartphones and two girls in front of me using their ipad. I felt REALLY bad. So out of focus and feeling ill that it was hard to even read a book. Everybody has a smarthphone now. Its scary!!

This is a GREAT exercise i use every day to clear my body: 329 - Dr. Doepp: Learn to "de-switch" your brain & teach as many as possible! https://youtube.com/watch?v=x6KKyPjnhjI
    I recommend doing it for 15 minutes all together. or as they say.. use your own intuition
    I've been looking for an easier and faster exercise. If anybody could share something it would be very much appriciated.

Nick Matki, how can you say we are not affected be these frequencys that all these electronic devices communicate through, when we live in a frequency based universe ?
    Has anybody checked out who invented this technology ?or who got the patents on all these different systems ?(gsm,umts,edge,bluetooth,wifi,3g and soon 4g) It would be interesting to know.

I've ordered the Rayguard body&car at www.humanfirewall.com and will tell you guys more about it when i get some experience with it.
    here is a great page to check out. i highly recommend the interview with Barrie Trower http://www.bevolution.dk/GB/index.html

Laterz

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Haakon For This Post:

D-Day (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), spiritguide (13th September 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

If practical, ground yourself. My seating area where I read or watch DVDs has a wire running from a 9 foot rod buried in the ground outside my window. I just maintain contact with the grounded wire. Also have one outside my bedroom window and connect my big toe to ground while I sleep. The difference can be measured with a multi-meter.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

D-Day (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Haakon (12th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), spiritguide (12th September 2012), witchy1 (17th September 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Ol' Roy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,559 times in 399 posts

I have had a QLink since 1997. I used to wear it all the time when I worked at an auto manufacter. I was around a lot of electronic equipment ie robotic welders and paint robots and panels. Really didn't notice that much difference.

Since I have retired, I haven't worn it. This will inpire me to get it out. I notice, I am tired all the time. After watching the video, I am glad they don't wear out. We have wifi laptops and smart phones in our home. Will let you know how it works out. White Feather, it is worth a try!

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ol' Roy For This Post:

conk (13th September 2012), D-Day (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), spiritguide (13th September 2012), StarDust (12th September 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 times in 370 posts

Go to the forest regularly and take off you boots and socks, earth yourself . It feels fantastic if you have a garden walk barefoot .

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

conk (13th September 2012), D-Day (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Haakon (12th September 2012), Patrikas (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), spiritguide (13th September 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the tips. I like the earth technique you use Conk. Im currently in Tromsø (north in norway) enjoying natur alot. Which by the way is super nice and helps alot. Ill walk barefoot next time. Might be a little cold though.
    Peace

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Haakon For This Post:

conk (13th September 2012), D-Day (13th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012), spiritguide (13th September 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

Quote Posted by Haakon (here)
    Nick Matki, how can you say we are not affected be these frequencys that all these electronic devices communicate through, when we live in a frequency based universe ?
    Has anybody checked out who invented this technology ?or who got the patents on all these different systems ?(gsm,umts,edge,bluetooth,wifi,3g and soon 4g) It would be interesting to know.
    What do you mean by "frequency-based universe"? That sound scientific, but it needs parameters, units.

The technology behind 3G, 4G, Blue tooth, WiFi, etc., etc., is defined by the requirements of data transfer speeds, propagation across various landscapes (rural, cities) and penetration of buildings. As far as I know there was no sinister cabal dictating the technical parameters. Companies that wanted it to work were bound by the laws of physics.

If anyone thinks the Q-Link or similar devices work, good for them.

But I can't help thinking: if people who use the Q-Link or similar devices had them unknowingly swapped with identical-looking items, how many would actually become sick again? If everyone became sick then we'd know it works. If no one became sick we'd know it was a con based on the placebo effect.

I have no idea how acupuncture works as it's right outside my sphere of comprehension of how the universe works, but I have considered using it to deal with health issues unresponsive to conventional medicine. My position is that if it works for me it's because it's a 'powerful placebo'. That means if I get in the right mood, listen to a kind sympathetic voice, feel a little pain and it must be good for me. Hey presto, after three visits it works!

From the Q-Link video: "Sympathetic Resonance Technology". What is that? "Elements from the periodic table are manufactured..." What? Manufacturing ELEMENTS? And a "Resonating Cell"? "A field of energy that effects physicality"? Well you know where I'm coming from... I'm deeply unconvinced. Sounds like pseudo science to me. But like I said, if it works for you...

Regards,

Nick

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

D-Day (13th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member StarDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,638 times in 472 posts

Quote Posted by Ol' Roy (here)
    I have had a QLink since 1997. I used to wear it all the time when I worked at an auto manufacter. I was around a lot of electronic equipment ie robotic welders and paint robots and panels. Really didn't notice that much difference.

Since I have retired, I haven't worn it. This will inpire me to get it out. I notice, I am tired all the time. After watching the video, I am glad they don't wear out. We have wifi laptops and smart phones in our home. Will let you know how it works out. White Feather, it is worth a try!
    That is correct, they don't wear out. However, my understanding is that once it is tuned to your body it will only work for the original recipient. So, don't buy a used one. I actually own two of them. The ceramic one that I was originally gifted i now only wear when I go skiing. I eventually purchased a sterling silver one with a nice chain which I wear the rest of the time. It's nicer to look at and I like the properties of sterling silver.

I work in the computer software industry and am around computers and electronic equipment most of the day. One thing I immediately noticed when I started wearing a Q-Link is that my energy levels increased. I used to get very drained whenever I would walk into a Best Buy (electronics store) and stand in front of the wall of TV's, etc. I no longer feel the fatigue when subjected to long term exposure to electronics.

"Where your focus goes, energy flows." ~Alex Collier

My "messaging" comes directly from a 6th Density social memory complex in the etheric realm of Sirius B; of which I am a member. I volunteered to incarnate here as a representative of our SMC and to assist Gaia and Terrans in the transformation. My message is designed to assist those who are seeking. If the message does not resonate with you, then simply discard it and move on. That is your free will of choice which will always be honored.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StarDust For This Post:

D-Day (13th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Ol' Roy (14th September 2012), RunningDeer (12th September 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

I purchased this product last fall: "Home EMF Protection System” - This one system protects my whole place. I can only report that I’ve never been sick. I use it as another health and prevention tool.

The unit is “Independently Tested and Approved with IIREC Seal."

A Quote from the site: “How does the Home EMF Protection System Work? - EarthCalm’s Living Earth Technology immerses you in the Earth’s electromagnetic field. Using the principle of Resonance, the EMF Protection System frees your nervous system from resonating to your home’s wiring grid and appliances....”

There is a lot of good information. Answers range from how do electromagnetic fields hurt us to prevention.

"Earth Calm" - http://www.earthcalm.com/ - Other product are sold for: personal protection, cell phone, wireless router, laptop and wireless devices, personal protection for children, & EMF protection boosters.

Their site goes on to say that with protection from EMFs, you will experience:
    - Increased sense of calm and relaxation
    - Reduced pain
    - Greater mental clarity and performance
    - More energy and increased vitality
    - Greater resilience to colds and flus
    - Deeper, more refreshing sleep
    - Greater ability to handle stress

Peace,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

D-Day (13th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Ol' Roy (14th September 2012), spiritguide (13th September 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    Netherlands Avalon Member Paranormal's Avatar
    Thanks

I've brought a Blushield - see it here. http://www.blushield.co.nz/problem.htm
    "There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method [FLOURIDE, ANTI-DEPRESANTS…] of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears… producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it [AFTER 9/11]." - Aldous Huxley 1961 speech:"Contented with your servitude"

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paranormal For This Post:

D-Day (13th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), spiritguide (13th September 2012)

34. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

I'd like to share another of my personal stories so that those who think this is nonsense can get a clear idea of what is being looked at here. From 1987 to 2006 I lived in a lovely home in the hills surrounding Silicon Valley (California). Over those year I had many wonderful experiences, however I also began to exhibit symptoms of environmental illness (apparently allergic to the world around me), and this became a real issue as I rarely felt 100% well and healthy.

After 17 years I was invited to a lecture at Stanford University by Dr. Graham and Dave Stetzer. These 2 men had done field research that linked cancer and illness rates to 'dirty electricity' present in household power lines. Since the original power grid in the US is so old, it no longer has the capacity to handle EMFs (dirty electricity) produced by household electronics present in almost all households it serves. The solution is that these EMFs are returned to the power company that produces electricity to service the community through an open circuit in the earth! That's right, the lines cannot carry this electricity back to the power plants- so the electricity companies throughout the US are using the earth to carry the toxic EMF laden electricity back to power stations across the country.

This is illegal, however Stetzer and Graham received death threats and ran into closed doors when they tried to approach power companies and government officials to present their findings. TPTB do not want to spend the billions needed to replace the current electrical grid. These researchers were able to directly link EMF exposure with cancer. Then they developed a system that can be used to mitigate it. The meters to measure your home and the filters to correct the problems in it are available online here: http://www.stetzerelectric.com/ . When I checked my old home I found a Stetzer meter reading of 975 in the earth under my master bedroom, and also in my household wires. Lethal cancer causing levels of EMF were discovered to be anything over 50 (so a reading of 975 was extremely toxic)

In case there is any doubt at all in your mind that this danger is baloney, and not supported by science, here is a link to a whole page listing original research which shows that this is a clear and present danger; http://www.stetzerelectric.com/category/research/

Personally.... I use the Stetzer meter everywhere I spend time... even in hotel rooms when I travel. I've learned from experience that, if the EMFs read over 50, I get a low grade headache within about 30 minutes in a building. This sensitivity is a result of being exposed to such high levels without my knowledge for over 17 years before I became aware of it and mitigated it. I can usually bring the EMFs carried by the internal electrical wires down with simple Stetzer filters.

OK... we can 'fix' the EMFs in our home wiring.... But what can we do about dirty electricity in the ground? What can we do about EMFs that come through our body from wireless devices such as cell phones, satellite signals, and smart meters. One thing is for sure... even if you don't have such a device, you will still experience signals running through your own bio-electrical field (your body) on their way to the device that is being targeted.

I got a BioElectric shield pendant, and several other devices. I don't notice a difference with them or without them, however I really notice a difference with shields attached to my cell phone, computer and all other electronic devices I own.... then I remain grounded to the earth (where I live now there is no EMF circuit under my home) at my desk and in my bed at night. I also wear a special conductive carbon thingy on my shoes which grounds me as I walk, even though my shoes have rubber soles. The grounding to the earth works better than anything I've done so far. And finally, I don't spend time in computer stores.

Here's a pretty good website which offers a variety of solutions for this issue: http://www.lessemf.com/index.html?ut...%2Fground.html . If you go to this page on the website, you will see where I got the inexpensive shoe grounding 'thingys' as well as the bed grounding pad I use. http://www.lessemf.com/ground.html

My partner made our desk grounding stone with a large polished slab of granite and copper tape (you can purchase such tape inexpensively at a garden store for snail control). The tape on this stone has been connected to a little wire that runs through a small hole in our home and connects to a copper rod pounded into the earth outside.

BUT... if you live in a place where you use community electricity... I recommend getting hold of a Stetzer meter (at the site I mentioned above) to determine just where your residence fits into this. If the ground under your home is toxic, due to EMF circuits in it, then the only solution is to move... as I eventually did.

Last edited by Dawn; 13th September 2012 at 03:03.

35. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th September 2012), Christine (13th September 2012), conk (13th September 2012), D-Day (13th September 2012), eileenrose (13th September 2012), Haakon (13th September 2012), Hervé (17th September 2012), kevlar (13th September 2012), Marin (13th September 2012), Ol' Roy (13th September 2012), onawah (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), scanner (13th September 2012), spiritguide (13th September 2012), StarDust (13th September 2012), Swan (13th September 2012)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

One trick, is to use a large isolation transformer and a filter circuit, to alter the AC situation before it enters your house.

A few years ago, such transformers where cheap on ebay, as used items. now, due to the price of copper, the one I bought for myself, is worth about 3x what I paid for it, at 600lbs of copper and silicon steel. An average of $2.00 a lb. ($7/kg)

People have no idea these days, no idea -in some countries, that is. And old refrigerator or washing machine, in North America, is worth about $1per lb, or $2.25us per kilo of weight. A new phenomena, in some places, is the stealing of bits of steel from open construction sites, like highway work sites, late at night. An old dead bulldozer? Wow, $50K for the steel alone. And so on.

The transformer can drop out the high frequency waves or noise, and this one is big enough to run an entire house in what is known as 'balanced mode' delivery, or balanced AC..and this house I'm in is all electric and it is big enough to handle that, as it is notably bigger than the transformer on the pole outside the house. Balanced AC can also kill some of the HF noise coming in on the line. But mostly, it is the transformer's inductive characteristics that simply block HF noise from passing through.
    Last edited by Carmody; 17th September 2012 at 04:35.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

D-Day (17th September 2012), Hervé (17th September 2012), Operator (17th September 2012)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

For those who believe grounding will help ... be careful !

A wristband that helps get rid of static electricity when working with electronics has a 1 M.Ohm resistor before going to ground.
    There is a good reason for it ... would you touch a cable or item (mains) with high voltage on it you would literally get the shock
    of a lifetime. It may sound crazy but grounding can be very dangerous ... ground also attracts lightning !

So be very careful, especially with wires and cabling going outside your home ...

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

D-Day (17th September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast