Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 6 7 LastLast

Thread: A personal reply to someone whose membership application was denied

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,585 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: A personal reply to someone whose membership application was denied

Quote Posted by MalteseKnight (here)
    Hi All

I very rarely post ...and I think this occasion will be one of the rare exceptions.

... has within him or her some as yet unpolished gems to share which will eventually assist in enlightening all of us in some aspect or other ...Everything happens for a reason ....

Regards from Sunny Malta

MalteseKnight
    Hi MalteseKnight,

May I mention that almost all of the forum is available to guests. (Guests typically outnumber members reading threads.) So, the big reason to submit an application for membership is to interact with other members. I'd like to encourage you to post more. And I'd like to encourage other members that rarely post to post more frequently too. Of course, not posting just to post something, but I know that not posting at all can become a habit.

It makes the forum more lively and more diverse when a larger cross section of the membership offers their insights, opinions, and information on threads. There are such a wide variety of topics here - seems like anyone should be able to find a few interesting topics to comment on.

Dennis

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Flash (18th September 2012), Referee (18th September 2012), RunningDeer (18th September 2012), Satkirn (31st October 2012)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    IMO he/she should of been invited.

viking
    I forgot to thank you for the above. Your post prompted me to ask the mods to screen all further applications from this moment to disqualify permanently any potential member who seems unable to differentiate between should have and should of.

Fortunately, your membership was accepted before this new rule, and so a moratorium will apply in your own case.
    Why thank you Bill for pointing that out...you are correct...yes I wrote in haste...

Having said that, in support of other folk that suffer from dyslexia and are not tuned into perfect grammer for your liking, it doesn't mean they are less intelligent or aware.

One of my sons has dyslexia and the other has aspergers...they both have fine qualities!

viking
    Me, too, Viking. I have challenges in some areas but also have strengths that compensate and balance. Which allows this observer a different and valuable perspective. Not better, just different.

I believe we all have differing degrees of communication challenges. People with strengths where mine are less have not had reason to understand the time and energy it takes to put pen to paper. (Just an observation, not a judgment.)

WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    Me too I have challenges in English. I just discovered a new one from Anchor in another thread: "Wadding up a few panties".... You may as well speak French was my answer. How do you want a French to understand this meaning???? I often revised 2-3 times for grammar mistakes before posting and yet, I still find some awkward writings of mine, with my twisted English.

My daughter is dysphasic, which means that she had, throughout her young life, difficulties to process language. Yet, she writes gems with full of grammatical mistakes, both in English and French. But her efforts to be coherent and readable are multiplied by 10 when compared with a non neurologicallly impaired person.

Thanks Bill for the thorough explanations you are giving. It gives vision/direction to the forum as well as some spirit. And thanks for preventing us from being submitted to sales people tactics (GFL imo)
    Last edited by Flash; 18th September 2012 at 03:35.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (18th September 2012), Limor Wolf (19th September 2012), RunningDeer (18th September 2012), Tangri (18th September 2012), ThePythonicCow (18th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by marielle (here)
    Anyone who has lurked here over the past few months should know better than to fill out the application with language of ascension, 5-dimension, etc.

One criterion that we often use is simply this: "From the way this person has presented themselves in this application, would we want to invite them to dinner at our house, looking forward to an interesting conversation?" If the answer is Yes, then they're in.
    Soooo, what time is dinner? I can bring dessert. I bake a mean brownie.

Seriously, as a new member, I'm very honored to be here. Thanks Bill.

Meg

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ENIGMAggie For This Post:

Limor Wolf (19th September 2012), Padmé (14th October 2012), RunningDeer (18th September 2012), ThePythonicCow (18th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Daughter of Time (here)
    After nearly 100 posts on this thread, it has become very clear that Bill and the Mods give very careful consideration to every application. So how can anyone disagree with their decisions?

I recently read a post from a new member who said it took (if I remember correctly) four applications to be accepted! Obviously that person really wants to be here!

If an application is rejected and one truly wishes to become a member of this community, that person will try again, hopefully with respectfulness, more thoughtfulness, more mindfulness and more carefully conceived ideas to show that they would be an asset and not a detriment .
    As far as reasons, as Obi Wan Kenobi said, 'there is another' potential that need be considered, depending on who is applying.

In my case, it took 4 applications.

Three where somehow lost, and did not connect. AFAIK... at least two did not make it to the Avalon forum email address for applications.

Direct 'behind the scenes' interference? Yes..or No? hmmm.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Hervé (18th September 2012), Limor Wolf (19th September 2012), lookbeyond (29th October 2012), RunningDeer (18th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,358 times in 436 posts

We get accepted and rejected every day..."That's Life", as the saying goes. People, their responses and reactions, make up the game. We are all players and we ALWAYS have choice. Sure, sometimes there is deception (I am sure a list of bogus whistle-blowers could be compiled) and sometimes there are people who have no agenda other than conveying their truth.
    Who can truly judge someone else's journey?
    Maybe someone needs to get involved with GFL or Charles or this or that and then get uninvolved. We are all learning or unlearning at varying times in our lives. This is coming from the paradigm that Life is a series of experiences. Some are not so pleasant. And some are. I do believe we are here on earth to expand our awareness...to become more fully realized human beings. this may be called, "ascension". I am not sure the classifying word is so important.

So...at this point....acknowledging Bill's role in managing and directing this forum- members have made some excellent suggestions for the "applicant denied". You now have many options to explore!
    Those that are deeply disconcerted with Bill's decision are not obliged to stay on this forum. Yes, we have choices that can recreate our realities...

thanks to all

so can we begin to move on now?
    perhaps?
    Last edited by lunaflare; 18th September 2012 at 07:41. Reason: crappy spelling

10. Link to Post #106
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

viking
    I forgot to thank you for the above. Your post prompted me to ask the mods to screen all further applications from this moment to disqualify permanently any potential member who seems unable to differentiate between should have and should of.

Fortunately, your membership was accepted before this new rule, and so a moratorium will apply in your own case.
    Wow !!
    Chill Bill , I think you were having bad day .

Peace

11. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)

viking

Why thank you Bill for pointing that out...you are correct...yes I wrote in haste...

Having said that, in support of other folk that suffer from dyslexia and are not tuned into perfect grammer for your liking, it doesn't mean they are less intelligent or aware.

One of my sons has dyslexia and the other has aspergers...they both have fine qualities!

viking
    Me, too, Viking. I have challenges in some areas but also have strengths that compensate and balance. Which allows this observer a different and valuable perspective. Not better, just different.

I believe we all have differing degrees of communication challenges. People with strengths where mine are less have not had reason to understand the time and energy it takes to put pen to paper. (Just an observation, not a judgment.)

WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    Me too I have challenges in English. I just discovered a new one from Anchor in another thread: "Wadding up a few panties".... You may as well speak French was my answer. How do you want a French to understand this meaning???? I often revised 2-3 times for grammar mistakes before posting and yet, I still find some awkward writings of mine, with my twisted English.

My daughter is dysphasic, which means that she had, throughout her young life, difficulties to process language. Yet, she writes gems with full of grammatical mistakes, both in English and French. But her efforts to be coherent and readable are multiplied by 10 when compared with a non neurologicallly impaired person.

Thanks Bill for the thorough explanations you are giving. It gives vision/direction to the forum as well as some spirit. And thanks for preventing us from being submitted to sales people tactics (GFL imo)
    I would like to take some words from my earlier post.
    "It can go till religious, language, culture . Some one can say to a Muslim person
    - you can not be accepted this society because some of our members think all Muslims are terrorist and cause you a THE rough ride may nonetheless be one which may be uncomfortable for you to experience
    Or some one can say to a Jew person
    - You may have a The rough ride because some of our members think Israel government wants to destroy Earth
    Or some one can say
    - your mother tong is not English and you might be misunderstood and mistreated by the members and ask you your origins.
    "

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #108
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello All!
    I'm not the most active on this forum, but I appriciate it dearly. ALL of you that is

I know this is a biggie, but i ask the question anyway.
    Where do this expansion of awareness take us?
    If not into a new dimension, where ?
    I don't like to use the word dimension myself, because I feel it makes confusion. Maybe because it stresses the logical thinking process.

I would like to know why it takes thousands of years to clean the planet? Isn't that a matter of technology? Which might already be(en) in the making?

Peace

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haakon For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), RunningDeer (19th September 2012)

15. Link to Post #109
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Haakon (here)
    Hello All!
    I'm not the most active on this forum, but I appriciate it dearly. ALL of you that is

I know this is a biggie, but i ask the question anyway.
    Where do this expansion of awareness take us?
    If not into a new dimension, where ?
    I don't like to use the word dimension myself, because I feel it makes confusion. Maybe because it stresses the logical thinking process.

I would like to know why it takes thousands of years to clean the planet? Isn't that a matter of technology? Which might already be(en) in the making?

Peace
    Hello Haakon,

You raised some good questions. I checked some of the other threads to see if you can pose your question(s) in either the General or Spiritual sections. It's hard to find the right fit because I don't know what the overall theme to your post is.

A suggestion would be to create your own thread if you can't find one that you can ask your questions on. These were the main points I picked out of your query: expansion of awareness, dimension, environmental management and technology. Maybe narrow it down or if your question isn't answered, try a second thread with your other choices. Good luck, I'll be watching for it (them).

Peace back to you,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer

UPDATE: On your question about, "Where does this expansion of awareness take us?" For me it brings me to a place of more peace within. Which in turn means I am able to see things in a different light, and from the larger perspective. Which in turn helps me to break free of judgements I may have on those that messed up things on the planet. Even work side by side with them one day.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 19th September 2012 at 01:42.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Haakon (19th September 2012), Limor Wolf (19th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #110
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,223 times in 32,908 posts

Quote Posted by Levent tonga (here)

viking

Wow !!
    Chill Bill , I think you were having bad day .

Peace
    It was a joke -- offered to make a particular point.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Corncrake (29th September 2012), DeDukshyn (14th October 2012), Mark (20th September 2012), Nick Matkin (19th September 2012), RunningDeer (19th September 2012), Yoda (19th September 2012)

19. Link to Post #111
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

The Op is an excellent public post and i am happy to see a that a post like that has its own thread so the person who aplied for membership can read it as well and learn from this, nearly every response is valuable so far and i would have loved to read one such as this in my pre membership time.

Thanx Bill and everybody else, that means members and guests/premember Avalon prowlers.

20. Link to Post #112
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 689 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    Could someone please tell me what GFL is?
    Galactic Federation of Light.
    I looked for the acronym and the only thing that looked plausible was "Good F***ing Luck" so thanks for clearing that up!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

Corncrake (29th September 2012), Fred Steeves (20th September 2012), spiritwind (14th October 2012)

22. Link to Post #113
    United States Avalon Member Warlock's Avatar
    Thanks

Better to get some kind of reply than to be left hanging out in the cold.

I'm still waiting for a reply from another forum that I'm trying to re-join, and it's been a few weeks.

All they need to do is tell me yes, or no.

Warlock
    Ignorance is Bliss

23. Link to Post #114
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

well ime only a fledgling on this forum but i would like to point out that i for one am totaly at peace with anelia benze and one of the main reasons i applied to this forum was that i am an english farmer now living and working in cambodia .
    i have had a 90% exact same path i work exactly the same way she does and was suprised to find anyone else like me as i have been working quietly for maybe 25 yrs now one of the things i was told by my source was i quote here !! we protect our assets until the appriate time i am now full time healing working in a public very open situation .
    my feeling is that now is the time . we have the rallying call wake up ! wake up listen to the wind do not dwell on all that is heard only on the truth you feel within let that be your guiding light through this darkest hour for the dawn of a new age beckons.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greywolf For This Post:

Corncrake (29th September 2012), lightwalker (5th October 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (29th September 2012)

25. Link to Post #115
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 times in 595 posts

"Ascension", in the way that the term is usually used, is a New Age fiction -- a belief system of its own. Nothing of this kind will happen. We have to take responsibility for the mess we've created here over a period of thousands of years. The planet is in a poor state, and is on the verge of quite a degree of ruin. As I write this, we are in the middle of an enormous mass extinction of species. Many quite large areas of the world's oceans are almost devoid of life.

No-one is going to get us out of this situation except for us ourselves. It's part of our learning. We may or may not win that "game". That's what makes it a challenge. The outcome is not fixed. And no ETs are going to do this for us, although they are indirectly assisting in various ways.

This is our planet. Not anyone else's. Essentially, it's all about personal responsibility.

With my personal best wishes for your journey -- Bill Ryan
    [/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
    My own thoughts are much the same, we won't "ascend" unless WE make it happen. External beings or celestial changes forcing us to ascend would violate freewill. While the world may be quite corrupt at present, the journey is still 80% of the fun.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

RunningDeer (29th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #116
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Umm.. Bill, I thought you were a supporter of Captain Bill Robertson? He was big on Galactic Federation, wasn't he? Is that the same thing as GFL?

28. Link to Post #117
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ok, that (above) was intended facetiously. Something not clear.
    Actually, I have a lot of respect for Captain Bill, tho I think his Galactic Federation stuff is strange.

I AM inclined to believe that all beliefs should be allowed here, tho the moderators do have the right to assert what topics are appropriate, and to enforce it.

I, personally, like to "suspend reality" while reading new ideas. That makes for a richer experience. Then, I consider what I have studied, accept some of it (maybe), reject some of it, and put the rest aside for fodder for when new similar stuff come along.

I don't accept everything said by your interviewees, I don't think you do either. But at least you grant them the courtesy and support to say what they have to say, and leave it to us to take what feels right to us from it. I appreciate that you do business this way.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to webyourstuff For This Post:

DeDukshyn (14th October 2012)

30. Link to Post #118
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

"No-one is going to get us out of this situation except for us ourselves. It's part of our learning. We may or may not win that "game". That's what makes it a challenge. The outcome is not fixed. And no ETs are going to do this for us, although they are indirectly assisting in various ways.

This is our planet. Not anyone else's. Essentially, it's all about personal responsibility."

---

The essential concept of what you wrote here is the very key. All of use have a certain awareness at any given time. We may want things to be better. But, the future outcome being changed from the current current of things is directly and only to be changed by our thoughts, out intentions and our actions. None of us at this time can just leave this mud ball spinning and moving through space and go play other games. This is our mud ball and we are the ones to make things better on it.

I appreciate the honest candor of your response.

31. Link to Post #119
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Gmanlactic Fetteration of Lyres. They'll get you when you're dead, they want you to knwo it now, and they can drink you under the table but can't satisfy their wimmen. They bring out the side of me that likes to ride on the hottest day of the summer and forgets to shower. Wish I could play the Lyre as well as they can, but hell, a good banjo is louder and will get you thrown out of respectable company without having to ask!

32. Link to Post #120
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093 times in 683 posts

Bill, as someone who is visited by a range of these Interdimensional enterties I have to say that I do agree with you - the Human people will have to make change happen, humans have to work together and remove governments that hold power through lies and false-hoods. I would warn against any humans accepting too much help from outsiders, some help will be good, but its a long hard road to saving this Earth and the little creatures that live with it.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Post:

donk (8th November 2012), Eram (8th November 2012), Jean-Luc (11th December 2012), Limor Wolf (8th November 2012), RMorgan (8th November 2012), RunningDeer (8th November 2012), TrumanCash (5th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 6 7 LastLast