Default Re: The daily hammer

I am trying to live by this motto! Don't want to go in the other direction
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	grumbling.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	18272  

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benevolentcrow For This Post:

A Simple Human (19th September 2012), araucaria (18th September 2012), Caren (18th September 2012), PurpleLama (18th September 2012), ulli (18th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by benevolentcrow (here)
    That's easy for you to say. You've just signed a lease last week.
    I'm jealous. Grumble, grumble.
    Been a shop keeper since England days where I had two stores, then in Barbados ( three) but after trying twice here in Costa Rica I had to quit; it is simply too hard.
    Unless I put an armed guard in the entrance it is not safe. Plus the people here are not comfortable shopping in thrift shops as they associate them with poverty...something no middle class person here wants to be mixed up with. So instead of moving merchandise I move mind stuff.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

amandapoet (19th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), Caren (18th September 2012), write4change (18th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

Maybe the proper kind of music will provide the mood for you to get your inner angst out?

I heard someone say Fight Club...

Please stick to the rules!

If this is your first night at Fight Club...YOU HAVE TO FIGHT!!!!!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

A Simple Human (19th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), meeradas (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012), ulli (18th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 13th Warrior (here)
    Maybe the proper kind of music will provide the mood for you to get your inner angst out?

I heard someone say Fight Club...

Please stick to the rules!

If this is your first night at Fight Club...YOU HAVE TO FIGHT!!!!!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

First rule of The Daily Hammer thread:
    Watch the movie Fight Club.
    All of it, right to the end.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

13th Warrior (18th September 2012), A Simple Human (19th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), CD7 (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,649 times in 786 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Been a shop keeper since England days where I had two stores, then in Barbados ( three) but after trying twice here in Costa Rica I had to quit; it is simply too hard.
    Unless I put an armed guard in the entrance it is not safe. Plus the people here are not comfortable shopping in thrift shops as they associate them with poverty...something no middle class person here wants to be mixed up with. So instead of moving merchandise I move mind stuff.
    Wow experience, you are hired! It is scary and exciting started a brand spanking new journey! Thank goodness people associate vintage with reduce, reuse, recycle, a more green approach. I could probably do some pickin' in Costa Rica! Mmmmm is the Village Resort complete yet?

Name:	grandma had.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	18274  

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benevolentcrow For This Post:

amandapoet (19th September 2012), ulli (18th September 2012)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

He can solve anybody's problem....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

music (18th September 2012), ulli (18th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

Wow experience, you are hired! It is scary and exciting started a brand spanking new journey! Thank goodness people associate vintage with reduce, reuse, recycle, a more green approach. I could probably do some pickin' in Costa Rica! Mmmmm is the Village Resort complete yet?
    No pickings here...they don't throw out...there is always someone poorer to give ones unwanted possessions to. Plus there are no estate sales, no antiques shops, no thrift stores. Of all the culture shocks I've been through that one was the most shocking.
    The history of Costa Rica is different from other Latin countries...the early settlers were poor Spanish peasants...
    since there was no gold here the rich went elsewhere...and now all you can find here is plastic made in China.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), Caren (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)
    So where do you want to go with this?
    Nowhere dear lady, that's it. Please carry on.

Fred out.
    hmm...interesting.
    I wish I had Carmody's post handy....
    He once explained how there is a gender thing going on when it comes to making peaceful choices.
    In his post he described a bunch of shop assistants chasing a shop lifter down the road, and only the female kept on running,
    Determined to catch the thief. Meanwhile all the males turned back.
    His explanation at the time was that the males feared what they might be capable of doing once they took the chase to it's conclusion.
    The cartoon I placed in the OP is there for a reason....
    All interactions in the real world are about both parties, but Internet forum interactions are about the self, and one's relationship with the self/Self.
    It was about how the male of the species will generally escalate until someone dies. And it had to do with how much fear of prosecution that the male shoplifter might have had,and how far they where willing to go.

The psychology, at the base level, of human male vs human female. Thus the women more tend to try and correct, not kill, and the males try to finalize, er, more in a cock fight kind of way, so in those battles, someone dies, or comes close to it.

Thus the men chasing the shoplifter had final moments of fully blown male confrontation in their minds and decided that they did not want that chance condition in their life as a final outcome in this given chase... and the woman was chasing him down, simply trying to correct things in a fundamentally different way. Both following the general patterns of their internal wiring. Completely different visions in their minds, of what the outcome might be. the male shoplifter was running hard, so his commitment was high. And in the minds of the men chasing, they decided that they did not want the thing to go sideways into extreme physical IF he was caught..as the hard running and distance/effort involved, made it clear that the shoplifter's commitment was high.

We hear story after story of police chases that end in disaster, when the police shoot the perpetrator or whomever, no matter the level of innocence or guilt involved, simply due to the tensions involved and the male wiring involved.

Another friend was making comment on that, regarding being in a bar and women being involved in creating or being connected to any part of the communication, physical expression, or stance of any potential conflict between males. The women will quickly escalate things and then the men finalize.

However, we all know or have heard of this story, of men who will generally try and keep women out of those things, in order to prevent an escalation, or a beginning of anything.....that their basic male human design ---will demand be finalized in some manner. The alcohol/bar scenario does not help, having blunted higher function and in all the wiring between. That the fundamental differences in what finalization and escalation mean, in each principle wiring design difference between male and female humans, makes mixing, on some levels and conditions/situations...a problem, unless awareness of all comes into play.

Some say aspects of politeness and communication surrounding the idea of political protocol (and similar) arose simply to prevent men from killing each other. Which viewed from the right angle, can't be anything but close to the exact truth.
    Last edited by Carmody; 18th September 2012 at 14:26.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

amandapoet (19th September 2012), another bob (18th September 2012), aranuk (18th September 2012), araucaria (18th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), Hervé (18th September 2012), Mark (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012), music (18th September 2012), NancyV (18th September 2012), Sierra (18th September 2012), ulli (18th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,649 times in 786 posts

No pickings here...they don't throw out...there is always someone poorer to give ones unwanted possessions to. Plus there are no estate sales, no antiques shops, no thrift stores. Of all the culture shocks I've been through that one was the most shocking.
    The history of Costa Rica is different from other Latin countries...the early settlers were poor Spanish peasants...
    since there was no gold here the rich went elsewhere...and now all you can find here is plastic made in China.
    So sad, do come up to the Pacific North West for a vintage store fix! Would love to have you!

I guess I am not pitchin' a fit like I oughta for this thread, where is my hammer?

Yay! I found it!

Name:	thor.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	18276  
    Last edited by benevolentcrow; 18th September 2012 at 14:15.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benevolentcrow For This Post:

amandapoet (19th September 2012), Lettherebelight (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)
    So where do you want to go with this?
    Nowhere dear lady, that's it. Please carry on.

Fred out.
    hmm...interesting.
    I wish I had Carmody's post handy....
    He once explained how there is a gender thing going on when it comes to making peaceful choices.
    In his post he described a bunch of shop assistants chasing a shop lifter down the road, and only the female kept on running,
    Determined to catch the thief. Meanwhile all the males turned back.
    His explanation at the time was that the males feared what they might be capable of doing once they took the chase to it's conclusion.
    The cartoon I placed in the OP is there for a reason....
    All interactions in the real world are about both parties, but Internet forum interactions are about the self, and one's relationship with the self/Self.
    It was about how the male of the species will generally escalate until someone dies. And it had to do with how much fear of prosecution that the male shoplifter might have had,and how far they where willing to go.

The psychology, at the base level, of human male vs human female. Thus the women more tend to try and correct, not kill, and the males try to finalize, er, more in a cock fight kind of way, so in those battles, someone dies, or comes close to it.
    Yep, that's it. In any case, that's how it is with those who have not yet decided to create themselves,
    or who have self knowledge. Instinctive reactions rather than conscious responses.
    The desire to change outer reality without having proper back-up from within.
    So I created this thread...give people a chance to create inner trust.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

amandapoet (19th September 2012), another bob (18th September 2012), araucaria (18th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012), Swan (18th September 2012)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

So sad, do come up to the Pacific North West for a vintage store fix! Would love to have you!

I guess I am not pitchin' a fit like I oughta for this thread, where is my hammer?

Yay! I found it!
    Oh, and I have a couple of spare vintage hammers in case yours gets lost.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (18th September 2012)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

HOW MANY MORE TIMES AM I GOING TO HEAR ABOUT SHOW PONY-kate AND HER TOPLESS DEBACLE!!!?????? HOW MANY TIMES AM I GOING TO BE TOLD WHAT SHE'S WEARING??!!

here you go my complaint for the day......................................................solution to my problem pick up boyfriend 'big screen' and throw it in the trash<-----DREAM SOLUTION couldnt really do it but fantasize about it often
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

A Simple Human (19th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), Mark (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012), music (18th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (18th September 2012), ulli (18th September 2012)

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

Some say aspects of politeness and communication surrounding the idea of political protocol (and similar) arose simply to prevent men from killing each other. Which viewed from the right angle, can't be anything but close to the exact truth.
    Very true indeed.
    When I met my husband in Barbados he was a diplomat there, and protocol was everything.
    There were endless cultural differences between the Barbadian society of descendants of African slaves,
    all practicing some form of protestant Anglican religion
    and the Latino Roman Catholic culture with a blend of indigenous blood in the mix...
    the only thing they had in common was the fact that they were colonized.
    We used to host small dinner parties to give the Colombian, Brazilian, Peruvian diplomats a chance to vent about their Caribbean hosts.
    But protocol does serve it's purpose, just ask Ingo Swann and Joe McMoneagle.
    Anyway, each successive generation will have it easier, as long as they are allowed to mix and discover their common ground.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

amandapoet (19th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (18th September 2012), Swan (18th September 2012), write4change (18th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

Quote Posted by christinedream7 (here)
    HOW MANY MORE TIMES AM I GOING TO HEAR ABOUT SHOW PONY-kate AND HER TOPLESS DEBACLE!!!?????? HOW MANY TIMES AM I GOING TO BE TOLD WHAT SHE'S WEARING??!!

here you go my complaint for the day......................................................solution to my problem pick up boyfriend 'big screen' and throw it in the trash<-----DREAM SOLUTION couldnt really do it but fantasize about it often
    This rant deserves repeating. Ditto. Mine even stopped in the store the other day to look at still bigger screens. Wow, look at how these prices are dropping, he said.
    I told him he would have to get his own screening room. Not in my vicinity.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), CD7 (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012), spiritwind (19th September 2012)

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Quote Posted by Ontarioguy (here)
    Not to piss off the OBVIOUS CLIQUE within the Avalon forum. And they know who they are too....
    Who the clique are is not clicking with me. I guess I am with the oblivious clique. LOL
    Paranoia? or feeling of Guilt (collective or /and personal)?

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...ng-with-guilt/

I specially recommend 3rd one
    Last edited by Tangri; 18th September 2012 at 14:47.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

benevolentcrow (18th September 2012)

31. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

Good points Carmody and Ulli re escalating. Thats why everybodys afraid of this thread except for those who dont mind escalating to the edge anyway. The nice folks. People think Im nice I think. But Ive got a serious competitve side Ive kept under wraps since I left Academia. But Im returning in the Spring so its gonna need some airing out.

Being nice often is not helpful to personal evolution. In many cases it is fear based. It seems, as with everything, there is a middling path where aggression has to meet passivity.

So Im challenging the nice ones. Yes that means you.

I wanna bring the hammer on those who are always preaching scientific objectivity. Thats whats got us in the mess were in right now technologically. Thats whats got us testing product on animals and people. Thats whats got Gaia on the ropes contemplating gangsta solutions. That vaunted and supposed objectivity allowed the West to rape the world and justify it as survival of the fittest and social darwinism. So called scientific objectivity is the bane of the world. Defending it and calling for it here is going directly against the forums new mantra regarding a space where science and spirituality meet.

Im calling all of you out. The hammer is coming down.
    Last edited by Mark; 18th September 2012 at 15:08.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

A Simple Human (19th September 2012), Anchor (19th September 2012), another bob (18th September 2012), Belle (18th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012), music (18th September 2012), NancyV (18th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (18th September 2012), spiritwind (19th September 2012), Wind (19th September 2012)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote There is not a shred of objective evidence found in any personal testimony.

Most of the discussions in the 'General Discussion' Forum were intended to be objective in content. That forum was provided to discuss 'real' evidence and present such.

'REAL EVIDENCE'---- objective observations by a human that writes the 'observation' in a document/report/printed in a book............................Whos to say whether this human who takes 'physical' evidence and EXPRESSES his/her spin on it is any more valid?

To me the lines are blurred if one really breaks it down its--- HUMANS expressing what they experience and see..whether its been published in a book or spoken by the tongue, VALIDITY is ANYONES GUESS SERIOUSLY

It takes ALL of our observations COMBINED to add weight to a subject----------------THOSE WHO ARE MAKING THINGS UP KNOW WHO THEY ARE

I mean this as a serious debate...i think its difficult to draw the lines of whats valid and what isnt?
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Mark (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012)

35. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Levent tonga (here)
    Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Quote Posted by Ontarioguy (here)
    Not to piss off the OBVIOUS CLIQUE within the Avalon forum. And they know who they are too....
    Who the clique are is not clicking with me. I guess I am with the oblivious clique. LOL
    Paranoia? or feeling of Guilt (collective or /and personal)?

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...ng-with-guilt/

I specially recommend 3rd one
    One question, Levent tonga.
    Hope you don't mind.

If one is oblivious, how then can one feel guilt?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012)

37. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

Quote Posted by christinedream7 (here)
    Quote There is not a shred of objective evidence found in any personal testimony.

Most of the discussions in the 'General Discussion' Forum were intended to be objective in content. That forum was provided to discuss 'real' evidence and present such.

'REAL EVIDENCE'---- objective observations by a human that writes the 'observation' in a document/report/printed in a book............................Whos to say whether this human who takes 'physical' evidence and EXPRESSES his/her spin on it is any more valid?

To me the lines are blurred if one really breaks it down its--- HUMANS expressing what they experience and see..whether its been published in a book or spoken by the tongue, VALIDITY is ANYONES GUESS SERIOUSLY

It takes ALL of our observations COMBINED to add weight to a subject----------------THOSE WHO ARE MAKING THINGS UP KNOW WHO THEY ARE

I mean this as a serious debate...i think its difficult to draw the lines of whats valid and what isnt?
    Especially on a forum which deals with fringe issues.

Hey, maybe this thread should be given a new name?
    The Blurred Line.

That could appease Fred and Anchor and PurpleLama sufficiently to bring them back?

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

amandapoet (19th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), CD7 (18th September 2012), Mark (18th September 2012)

39. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

Quote Im calling all of you out. The hammer is coming down.
    Keep it down...you're making a lot of rahkyt!
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

A Simple Human (19th September 2012), benevolentcrow (18th September 2012), Mark (18th September 2012), modwiz (18th September 2012), music (18th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (18th September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 4 14 20 LastLast