+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Does "The Secret" Really Work?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Does "The Secret" Really Work?

My husband was surfing Netflix last night and came across a documentary of sorts about "The Secret" where some supposedly educated people from various fields talked about how each of us can manifest whatever we want if we just follow a simple set of directions. They seemed truly honest in their attempt to convey this "secret" to the viewers. Even Neale Donald Walsch was on it (whom I have a great respect for). But, it still seemed to good to be true. I was wondering if it was really possible to just have the Universe bring something you want (or don't want) into your life by just expressing your desire for it and then acting as if you already received it. Having genuine gratitude seems to help the process along too. I've kicked something out to the Universe as sort of a test run....something very inexpensive but would mean a lot to me if it showed up on my doorstep in the next few days without me having to actually order it off the internet.

What's the real deal with this? Is it a actual way to access the wealth of the Universe for yourself? I don't want to come across as a greedy person because I'm not, but there are few things which I would love to have without having to spend any money for them. I'm really not interested in multi-million dollar homes, expensive cars or anything like that, but a couple of much less expensive things...around $200 - 500 would really blow me away if they showed up on my doorstep out of the blue just for me putting out to the Universe that I wanted them.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Cartomancer (20th September 2012), christian (20th September 2012), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), mahalall (19th October 2012), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Does "The Secret" Really Work?

I think "The secret" has become misused as a way to gain wealth. I have seen this documentary and it only mentions half of it. I think it is sad how Rhonda Byrne uses almost only examples about material things in her book. I donīt think this is the reason it should be used at all. I do think this instrument should be used to change you life in other ways instead.

I have tried it myself but with quite the opposite result I wanted. I wished for a change in my life, and I got it but it turned out to be a test of how true I was to myself and people around me. In the end, I learned a lesson which told me why I wanted the change in the first place.

However, I have found these things to be the most important to think about:
    - you must be able to formulate exactly what you want, and I mean exactly
    - you must want to have this with all your heart, the slightest doubt will disturb the wish
    - you must not wish for anything for your own sake, others must benefit from it too
    - you must feel that you have earnt it, but not by sacrificing yourself for it
    - you only get what is rightfully yours

I do not think gratitude is a part of this, however it is important to feel gratitude anyway. I also know that the way this practice is described is that if you donīt get what you wish for, you havenīt wished hard enough. That is bull****. It is only because you are not supposed to have it in this time in your life. This is meant to be.

I recommend you to study esoteric teachings, this practice is used in several mystical orders where it is described more seriously than "The secret" - campaign even if it is good that it has come to the surface.
    "All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again."
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aurvandil For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Antagenet (24th September 2012), GloriousPoetry (19th October 2012), jiix (24th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

It works for me, you also need patients an learn how to read synchronicity, learn to use one's intuition.
    If one is not in tune with one's self, then not many things will happen.

Course this is just the tip of the ice burg when it comes to manifestation.
    Last edited by shadowstalker; 6th February 2014 at 16:55.
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Aurvandil (21st September 2012), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Referee (28th April 2013), soleil (19th November 2012), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014), ulli (20th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,160 times in 13,484 posts

I know for certain that the Secret works. Came to that conclusion decades before the documentary came out.
    The universe is simply set up in such a manner that it responds to people's consciousness... If people could examine how their wishes and emotions and thoughts shift in a single day they would understand that the universe sends them conflicting messages back.
    Self definition is the first step...once one is clear on what one wants to aim for then the rest becomes easy because the universe rushes in to assist.
    If one changes one's mind then the universe scrambles to take back it's earlier efforts to grant wishes, and gets busy granting the wish that followed the earlier one.

About the movie: The fact that the team used money and material concepts is that those are the values of a 3d existence, and did so in order to reach a larger audience.
    Money is the bottom line tool for freedom and creativity. That it has so many negative connotations in the eyes of many in the alternative community has several reasons...
    It is associated with greed and hoarding and crime .... Those who do the hoarding are frightened of living like the poor.
    Those who understand the Secret and apply its rules don't need to ask for money...it's so much easier to ask for _whatever_, as the need arises, and it will show up. Like that McGuiver character on TV years ago.

If people think that they need expensive cars to express their personal style with, so be it. It's where they are at. The same goes for designer clothes. All those choices signal to others where one's identification lies, and what circles one wishes to move in.
    The main thing is not to worry too much about how others go through life or how they expressthemselves, but define for oneself what one wishes to do with one's own life, and how to be one's own man ( woman)
    Last edited by ulli; 20th September 2012 at 16:19.

8. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), araucaria (20th September 2012), Axman (20th September 2012), Blake Elder (21st September 2012), Buck (21st September 2012), Cartomancer (20th September 2012), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), mahalall (19th October 2012), Mark (20th September 2012), Nickolai (28th April 2013), Ol' Roy (20th September 2012), Referee (28th April 2013), selinam (20th September 2012), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014), thunder24 (28th April 2013), valeristic (12th October 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

Didn't the guy who wrote the Secret recently get thrown in jail? Here's the link:

http://www.people.com/people/article...341429,00.html

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

He did NOT write the secret, that was Rhonda Byrne...(he was in the movie however and he was found not guilty)...Rhonda Byrne actually took all of the information obtained from filming a week long cruise with Abraham Hicks and turned it into that movie......apparently many of the people featured in the movie didn't even know about the Secret until they were hired to do the movie.....yes they knew about positive affirmations and goal setting but not The Secret as it came to be known.
    I LOVE The Secret (because it brought me to Abraham Hicks) and have two versions of the DVD, the original which features Esther Hicks ( who channels Abraham) and the second version where Rhonda Byrne had her replaced as they would not sign over their intellectual property rights .....if you want the full scope on what The Secret is about check this site , you can sign up for their daily quotes which are amazing, and I recommend all of their books, and their DVD's are fantastic.......also you can find a lot of their info on Youtube........ They truly have changed my life.....its not always easy to manifest what you desire but the fact is we are getting a match to what we think........ check it out www.abraham-hicks.com
    Quote Posted by Cartomancer (here)
    Didn't the guy who wrote the Secret recently get thrown in jail? Here's the link:

I know a lot of people do NOT like channeled information but I have listened to literally hundreds if not thousands of hours of Abraham Hicks and seen them live, read all the books and they are incredible, so I urge you to give them a chance

ps I have also sent out to the universe as you are doing Lone Bean, asking for small things to manifest, even things like a feather or a pink rock or whatever and they appear in the most amazing ways.....all signs that we can and do create our own reality
    Last edited by Earth Angel; 20th September 2012 at 15:00.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Aurvandil (21st September 2012), karamba (29th April 2013), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), ulli (20th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

The Secret movie is only a collection of age old rules for manefesting. Nothing new there really. That it is directed only in material acquistion reflects on the the belief of the movie creator that this is what most people will respond to, which was unfortunate. It could have been so much more.

I learned these techniques through the Church of Religious Science when I was quite young and these teachings can be found in many different places. I can clearly and confidently say that it does work, although some things take longer than others and in some things I was not clear enough on so what I received was not exactly what I was looking for, although close... so modifications sometimes need to be made down the road.

Clearly on the collective level we see the workings in the manefestaions of war, failing economic policy, religion based hatred, racism, etc.. It all comes about through the same manefestation principles. You can work the teaching in the light or in the dark according to your limited beliefs and fears or upon your beliefs in abundance, sustainability, courage and love.

I can clearly see the divisions on this forum... those who believe they have no power to a create new and just reality and those who believe that they will be forever controlled by forces outside of themselves. In this belief they sustain exactly what they fear and do not want and as they go about their lives spewing the trash necessary to create more damage, which in essence aligns them with what they fear most as they become co-creators in their own demise.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Blake Elder (21st September 2012), Buck (21st September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), mab777 (21st September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), selinam (20th September 2012), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014), ulli (20th September 2012), we-R-one (21st September 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    He did NOT write the secret, that was Rhonda Byrne...(he was in the movie however and he was found not guilty)...Rhonda Byrne actually took all of the information obtained from filming a week long cruise with Abraham Hicks and turned it into that movie......apparently many of the people featured in the movie didn't even know about the Secret until they were hired to do the movie.....yes they knew about positive affirmations and goal setting but not The Secret as it came to be known.
    I LOVE The Secret (because it brought me to Abraham Hicks) and have two versions of the DVD, the original which features Esther Hicks ( who channels Abraham) and the second version where Rhonda Byrne had her replaced as they would not sign over their intellectual property rights .....if you want the full scope on what The Secret is about check this site , you can sign up for their daily quotes which are amazing, and I recommend all of their books, and their DVD's are fantastic.......also you can find a lot of their info on Youtube........ They truly have changed my life.....its not always easy to manifest what you desire but the fact is we are getting a match to what we think........ check it out www.abraham-hicks.com
    Quote Posted by Cartomancer (here)

I know a lot of people do NOT like channeled information but I have listened to literally hundreds if not thousands of hours of Abraham Hicks and seen them live, read all the books and they are incredible, so I urge you to give them a chance

ps I have also sent out to the universe as you are doing Lone Bean, asking for small things to manifest, even things like a feather or a pink rock or whatever and they appear in the most amazing ways.....all signs that we can and do create our own reality
    Abraham-Hicks is an absolutely feel good experience. Frequent laughter, sometimes tears of joy, always a warm display of wisdom.

Don't miss the most recent video clip.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), araucaria (20th September 2012), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Nickolai (28th April 2013), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014), Tane Mahuta (22nd September 2012), ulli (20th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

thanks for posting that rmauersr.........I watched it last night.....there were 303 views at that point, this morning its almost 8,000 .....Abraham HIcks really are as you say " an absolutely feel good experience. Frequent laughter, sometimes tears of joy, always a warm display of wisdom."

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

The "Secret" really isn’t a secret at all. It’s just some suppressed knowledge the film creators figure they can use to make money off of.

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Peace of Mind (here)
    The "Secret" really isn’t a secret at all. It’s just some suppressed knowledge the film creators figure they can use to make money off of.

Peace
    Money can be made in many different ways. They could have made more with deception, rather than stating the truth.
    Many people benefitted from the movie as well as from the book and as a result have come off their anti-depressants.
    People who were previously stuck in life awakened because of it and got an infusion of fresh hope.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), araucaria (20th September 2012), Buck (21st September 2012), CarnageCandy (4th February 2014), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 times in 666 posts

It works, but only if the intent is right and it is relevant to your purpose, and it will be only just what you need.
    Sapere aude

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Aurvandil (21st September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member 4evrneo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 492 posts

[QUOTE=rmauersr;556467]
    Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    Don't miss the most recent video clip.
    rmauersr,

That was a fantiastic video. Thank you for sharing that. I actually saw a part of me in this discussion, being that person who at a time (in the past) only focused on the injustices and took that upon myself as my own burdens to carry.
    That was a great reminder that I AM THE CREATOR OF MY EXPEIENCE.

Blessings,
    Annette

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (20th September 2012), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Taurean (here)
    It works, but only if the intent is right and it is relevant to your purpose, and it will be only just what you need.
    It works even if the intent is not right. It is how the NWO and the elitist bankers have come into power.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 times in 666 posts

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    It works even if the intent is not right. It is how the NWO and the elitist bankers have come into power.
    TPTB succeeded through deception and fraud.

In their case it will be a case of "Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword"
    Sapere aude

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

In their case it will be a case of "Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword"
    Thanks for that reminder.
    Their greatest deception was to not share the secret...and instead tell people what thoughts to think...keeping them down.
    Only unfettered education of how this thing works will free all souls.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,049 times in 934 posts

No.
    When you focus on manifesting a specific thing you close yourself off to the rest of the universe.
    Also when you manifest something in this dimension you will unknowingly attract its opposite, aka duality.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), gripreaper (22nd September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), mahalall (19th October 2012), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Of course deception and fraud was part of their game plan, but so was creative visualization and intention over many years, believing in their outcome, knowing that they will succeed, expecting results, even to the point of doing ceremonial work to further their cause... don't you understand? These criminals have spent a lot of time studying ancient manefestation/creation teachings over eons... they are not stupid and they have been doing the work in the dark for ages.

All this work can be done in the light or in the dark.

Ī=[Post Update]=Ī

Quote Posted by gooty64 (here)
    No.
    When you focus on manifesting a specific thing you close yourself off to the rest of the universe.
    Also when you manifest something in this dimension you will unknowingly attract its opposite, aka duality.
    Hence the backbone of the teachings of Taosim.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Nickolai (28th April 2013), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

And this is the secret the NWO and the elitist bankers do not want us to discover, our power.

If our thoughts take us to a place of fear, they win this round. If our thoughts take us to a place of feeling good, we win. We outnumber the controllers by a tremendous margin. Can you imagine the power of millions of people thinking positive thoughts?

Whatever we give our attention to gets bigger.

The big challenge for me is that I do not want to bury my head in the sand and ignore the tools being used by the NWO to create a dysfunctional fear based planet. It's always a good idea to know the opposition. Yet I do want to spend significant time appreciating as much as I can, because I want more to appreciate.

Ron Mauer M.S.U.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Nickolai (28th April 2013), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2014)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Allright! Well, I will continue trying to manifest good things for me and my family (which is also the world!) I am totally against the NWO and want as much as you guys to see it end and a healthy, happy planet put in it's place. If I get what I'm trying to manifest it will be proof positive that it works. I've just never known that anything like this could be done. I'm asking for roll of plastic.....believe it or not! But, it's special plastic and I don't have the $148.00 dollars that it costs, and I really do want it. I picture it in my mind, I know what it's like because I bought a roll of it a few weeks ago but now I need more. I don't think I can give any clearer visualizations to the Universe than my memories of using it.....how it feels, what it looks and smells like, how it was packaged, etc.....Thanks for all the posts both for and against it! I wanted to hear all sides to it and my gut instinct is telling me that it does work, but I have to be very specific and believe that it is in the mail on the way to my house. If this works I will definitely write back about it! I'm excited hoping it will really happen. And I want the big roll, not the little roll o.k. Universe? lol! THANKS!!!!!!

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast